New LEGO Dimensions Expansions Detailed

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has issued a press release going into more detail about the new LEGO Dimensions expansion packs, including a comprehensive list of the 16 new brands coming to LEGO Dimensions: Ghostbusters (2016), Adventure Time, Mission Impossible, Harry Potter, The A-Team, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, The LEGO Batman Movie, The Goonies, Sonic the Hedgehog, Teen Titans Go!, LEGO City Undercover, Knight Rider, The Powerpuff Girls, Gremlins, Beetlejuice, and E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. It also explains what the new "battle arenas" will entail and what physical and digital contents will be included with the new "story packs". Follow the link above to read the full press release!

View the full article

• Upvote 1

tumblr_o8ibs9mLJC1v2c762o2_r1_500.gif

This is the world we live in.

YOU'RE TOO SLOW

signoff.png

Oh, yeah! Sonic's here!:D

Anyway, I do like the idea of including such characters, like him, from more new franchises.:) Too bad they don't have Bionicle, Hero Factory, Nexo Knights, Mixels, Marvel, Indiana Jones, Star Wars (Lego made TT games for them, too, and their Disney Infinity got cancelled), DreamWorks Animations movies (Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon, Madagascar, and Kung Fu Panda), Steven Universe, and Despicable Me. Oh, well. Better luck next year.:(

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Too bad they don't have Bionicle, Hero Factory, Nexo Knights, Mixels, Marvel, Indiana Jones, Star Wars (Lego made TT games for them, too, and their Disney Infinity got cancelled), DreamWorks Animations movies (Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon, Madagascar, and Kung Fu Panda), Steven Universe, and Despicable Me. Oh, well. Better luck next year. :(

You took the words right out of my mouth (on some of those). I gotta be honest though, the ONLY thing I'm looking forward to out of ALL these is sonic, just to see how it's executed (it's also one of the few themes I know about that I'm actually interested in in any way).

Kopaka.png

stone_good.png

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I think is was a bit of a miss-step not to include Nexo Knights. If LEGO wants to give this line a push adding it to LEGO Dimensions would have been a big help.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

I think is was a bit of a miss-step not to include Nexo Knights. If LEGO wants to give this line a push adding it to LEGO Dimensions would have been a big help.

I don't know if Nexo Knights needs much more of a "push" than it's already getting as a big bang theme. Nexo Knights would be a fantastic addition to Dimensions but it's possible that Lego's waiting until it's had more time to prove itself before adding it.

I'm also a little disappointed by the lack of original IPs like Elves or Nexo Knights. But on the other hand, we're getting Lego City Undercover packs, which was also near the top of my wish list, so that's something. And the game is supposed to last another year or so after this, so there's still plenty of time for more franchises to be added.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Some of these new brands really surprise me. I never would've imagined to see Sonic the Hedgehog, Mission Impossible, Knight Rider, or Gremlins introduced into Lego Dimensions. This game just continues to get even more interesting.

Now if only they would introduce Bionicle into it....

• Upvote 2

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

We get all these crazy, kinda out-there things...

and still no Bionicle. :P

I don't know if Nexo Knights needs much more of a "push" than it's already getting as a big bang theme. Nexo Knights would be a fantastic addition to Dimensions but it's possible that Lego's waiting until it's had more time to prove itself before adding it.

I'm also a little disappointed by the lack of original IPs like Elves or Nexo Knights. But on the other hand, we're getting Lego City Undercover packs, which was also near the top of my wish list, so that's something. And the game is supposed to last another year or so after this, so there's still plenty of time for more franchises to be added.

On the other hand, Bionicle needs a push. Dimensions would be a perfect way to do that! 

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

We get all these crazy, kinda out-there things...

and still no Bionicle. :P

On the other hand, Bionicle needs a push. Dimensions would be a perfect way to do that!

Would it? From what I've seen, the variety of franchises in Dimensions seems to mostly be aimed at attracting fans of those franchises to the game, rather than the other way around. I certainly haven't seen many anecdotes of people becoming fans of, say, Ninjago and Chima because of their Dimensions inclusion. So I don't see why that would happen any more readily for Bionicle, especially since the actual sets are so far removed from what any sort of Dimensions packs could be like.

I would love to see Bionicle's inclusion, but I don't see how it would have any substantial impact on the success of the core theme. And conversely, if the theme itself isn't attracting enough fans then developing Dimensions sets and digital content based on it might only result in similarly unpopular Dimensions packs.

• Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother