Toa Faruta, Toa of Magnetism. BBCC #73

I decided to go with a build design from old bionicle that I found to be really appealing, and make a design based on the toa metru. Here's what I came up with.

Toa Faruta is a lone toa of magnetism from old days, and wields rather simple weapons, preferring mastery over his element rather than the fancy weaponry of modern times. As a result, he is a near unparalleled user of magnetism.

He wields a metal boomerang and a magnetic pike. He can use his artful control over magnetic fields to skillfully control the trajectory of the thrown boomerang, and can use his pike to direct and amplify his magnetic fields. He can also use a changing magnetic field to induce a current in the pike to create electric attacks.

He wears the mask of Gauss, which grants him immunity to electrical attacks.

Comments and Criticism always appreciated!

• Upvote 3

bBhcfWO.png

This guy is pretty neat. He definitely looks in-line with the actual Toa sets and the overall design is nice. He really has the loner look. I could see him walking for hours, and then suddenly activating his mask and absolutely destroying Tahnok-Kal.

I think he could benefit from a bit more silver. Maybe some on the lower arms?

Overall, though, this guy is good.

It's alright. I feel like the tools are a bit lack luster, but sometimes less is more, but here I am unsure if that holds true. Whenever I think of a Toa of Magnatism I think that they would have some sort of large... Well, Magnet. Or something of the sort. A magnetic powered launcher of some sort, if that makes any sense.

I am a little disappointed that the mask is just a Tryna, but because of the rules you couldn't use a custom mask, but whatever. I feel like as you said before making the shoulders silver would have been a good idea frankly, I think the contrast would have fit better if that were done, but oh well.

Despite the body coloring maybe having a bit too much black I feel that the rest of it meshes very well, I like how you did the arms where they are metru built but are able to bend on a ball socket. Personally the only reason why I may be unable to pull something like this off is because it would be either be too wide in the shoulder region, or that I simply wouldn't know how to attach them without having them move around, because pinholes instead of axleholes. Though it would probably just be as simple as putting a single technic piece in, I dunno. I haven't ever thought to try it until just now.

Anyway, good luck in the contest!

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png