Theory: Why Keetongu was in Metru Nui

Good stuff. The Rahaga were originally Teridax's guards, so that could explain why they knew about Keetongu in the first place.

• Upvote 14

I'll but it. Teridax loves backup plans and it is not too crazy that he would safeguard his territory.

• Upvote 2

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Mind. BLOWN.  :o

This is one of the best theories I've read in a while. It makes a lot of sense, and Web of Shadows feels less convoluted yet far more interesting, and it fits better into the overarching plot because of it.

Edited by FrozenPancake_
  • Upvote 2

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

But would Keetongu actually work for Teridax? 

Keetongu's large eye is actually not his true eye; he has a real pair of eyes hidden behind it. He can use the fake eye to see the spiritual light and darkness of a creature, and therefore judge whether or not they are worthy of his allegiance and power. If he meets a being of darkness, he will usually attack them on sight, for his goodly nature is provoked to rage by such a being.

• Upvote 1

But would Keetongu actually work for Teridax? 

Keetongu's large eye is actually not his true eye; he has a real pair of eyes hidden behind it. He can use the fake eye to see the spiritual light and darkness of a creature, and therefore judge whether or not they are worthy of his allegiance and power. If he meets a being of darkness, he will usually attack them on sight, for his goodly nature is provoked to rage by such a being.

Very good point, but could Keetongu hope to fight Teridax? Beyond Makuta simply being OP to begin with, they have Rahi Control powers.... If Teridax wanted Keetongu to go somewhere, there wouldn't be much Keetongu could do about it. Besides, Keetongu might agree to such a plan considering the idea is to act as a countermeasure against evil, though the suggestion is coming from a being of darkness =/

Edited by Zox Tomana
  • Upvote 3

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

I don't know. I think the Rahi Control ability applies only to unninteligent rahi, and Keetongu looks pretty inteligent, like he can speak and all that stuff. Besides, Vakama kinda defeated Teridax alone. I'm pretty sure Keetongu would be quite the challenge, even for Teridax.

I don't know. I think the Rahi Control ability applies only to unninteligent rahi, and Keetongu looks pretty inteligent, like he can speak and all that stuff. Besides, Vakama kinda defeated Teridax alone. I'm pretty sure Keetongu would be quite the challenge, even for Teridax.

Teridax already fought Keetongu in Time Trap and won handily.  The only way Vakama was able to beat Teridax was through trickery and targeting his ego, tactics likely beyond Keetongu's ability.

And in any case, my theory was more that Teridax would keep Keetongu around as an antidote for Visorak victims, rather than using him as a front-line soldier.  I don't think Teridax would want to rule a city full of crazed Matoran Hordika.

Keetongu's still a Rahi. Teridax could probably order the local Makuta to box one up and send it to him. Or Keetongue was officially an Archives specimen.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Teridax already fought Keetongu in Time Trap and won handily.  The only way Vakama was able to beat Teridax was through trickery and targeting his ego, tactics likely beyond Keetongu's ability.

... Oh. That's awkward... Sorry, I never read the novels, So I didn't know Keetong fought Teridax

And in any case, my theory was more that Teridax would keep Keetongu around as an antidote for Visorak victims, rather than using him as a front-line soldier.  I don't think Teridax would want to rule a city full of crazed Matoran Hordika.

That's definetly true. Better have him around if Visorak get out of control and started a mutating spree on everything.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting idea, and one that definitely makes sense. I would imagine that Keetongu would probably be unaware of it given his obvious contempt for beings of darkness; since Time Trap reveals that Makuta telepathically planted the names of the future Toa Metru in Lhikan's mind, maybe he did something similar to get Keetongu to go to Metru Nui? Of course, it could be that Makuta was so confident in his own abilities that he didn't truly feel threatened by anything, and simply set up events like this for kicks and giggles.

• Upvote 1

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

Perhaps Keetongu just moved himself or was moved by some other force or group (perhaps the Order of Mata Nui or by the Hagah, or both maybe in light of said events) to Metru Nui in light of the Rise of Teridax and his Shadow. Possibly knowing of the Rahaga he waited until the time came where he would be united with those looking to overthrow that dark grip still relevant in the city. Though Makuta Teridax may have been gone his dark shadow still loomed, Roodaka and Sidorak.

And, on another topic real quick. Back in 2001 Makuta was referenced to be shadow, that his darkness permeated Mata Nui in it's wildlife. I fell Roodaka, Sidorak, and the Visorak much like the Rahi of 2001 are a reference to his dark shadows, therefore emphasiving an reinstating that idea that Keetongu came to Metru Nui in order to aid those who also wished to illuminate against said darkness.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Makes sense, though I don't think Teridax necessarily has to be the one who hid Keetongu. You could say the Order of Mata Nui decided to hide him in the safest place they could find: Metru-Nui, the island farthest from the southern islands. While perhaps less interesting, I am disinclined to think that Teridax would put the instructions to find Keetongu in the Great Temple. Because the Makuta were jealous of the Matoran worshiping Mata-Nui (and such dedication being perfectly exemplified by the Great Temple), I can't imagine it's a place Teridax is fond of.

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

Makes sense, though I don't think Teridax necessarily has to be the one who hid Keetongu. You could say the Order of Mata Nui decided to hide him in the safest place they could find: Metru-Nui, the island farthest from the southern islands. While perhaps less interesting, I am disinclined to think that Teridax would put the instructions to find Keetongu in the Great Temple. Because the Makuta were jealous of the Matoran worshiping Mata-Nui (and such dedication being perfectly exemplified by the Great Temple), I can't imagine it's a place Teridax is fond of.

Well it's exactly what he did to plant the seeds of doubt in the minds of the Toa Metru.  Teridax influenced some Matoran to carve prophecies in the Great Temple that said that Nuhrii and co. would be Toa.  Not much of a stretch that he would do the same for Keetongu.

Teridax wanted the false Nuhrii prophecies to be found and believed, so it makes sense to put them in the Great Temple. I think he would also have taken pleasure in defiling the Great Temple with false prophecies.

I guess it depends on what exactly Teridax thought he might end up needing Keetongu for. If he wanted it to be hard for someone to find Keetongu, then putting the directions in the Great Temple would be a poor choice, since that's the first place the Rahaga and Hordika thought to look. But he may very well have deliberately made it easy to find Keetongu, in case someone else needed to find him in an emergency, and therefore Teridax thought it was worth using the Great Temple to hide his instructions.

• Upvote 1
"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

• 3 weeks later...

By all means, I'll treat this as canon. Once again, great job SPIRIT!.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Well it's exactly what he did to plant the seeds of doubt in the minds of the Toa Metru.  Teridax influenced some Matoran to carve prophecies in the Great Temple that said that Nuhrii and co. would be Toa.  Not much of a stretch that he would do the same for Keetongu.

Teridax wanted the false Nuhrii prophecies to be found and believed, so it makes sense to put them in the Great Temple. I think he would also have taken pleasure in defiling the Great Temple with false prophecies.

I guess it depends on what exactly Teridax thought he might end up needing Keetongu for. If he wanted it to be hard for someone to find Keetongu, then putting the directions in the Great Temple would be a poor choice, since that's the first place the Rahaga and Hordika thought to look. But he may very well have deliberately made it easy to find Keetongu, in case someone else needed to find him in an emergency, and therefore Teridax thought it was worth using the Great Temple to hide his instructions.

Uhhh, correct me if I'm wrong... but didn't Mata Nui create the false prophecies? Yeah... He realigned the stars to create the false prophecies, and then put the names of the truly destined Toa in Terry's mind. Terry looked at the stars, believed the false prophecy, and used the names in his head to influence Lhikan in an effort to keep those six Toa from being created. Quite a roundabout gambit, but Makuta didn't make the false prophecies.

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

Uhhh, correct me if I'm wrong... but didn't Mata Nui create the false prophecies? Yeah... He realigned the stars to create the false prophecies, and then put the names of the truly destined Toa in Terry's mind. Terry looked at the stars, believed the false prophecy, and used the names in his head to influence Lhikan in an effort to keep those six Toa from being created. Quite a roundabout gambit, but Makuta didn't make the false prophecies.

Yeah, sorry, you're correct. Although with such a convoluted series of events, you can see how people might get confused by that. :P

Suffice to say, Makuta Teridax was not above using telepathy to implant ideas in others, and while he did not do so to the Matoran who interpreted the stars that said Nuhrii and co. should be Toa, that is not to say that he could not have influenced them to also write a riddle about Keetongu (or just do it himself).

I nominate this theory for a Key to Nongu award!

• Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...