HF RPG 2.5

FallenCor

IC: Charles Erudite (Hero Factory Exterior - Jade's Ship)

Erudite sits back and prepares for the ship to take off.

Hopefully the trip won't take too long- whatever's on the Star Whale, we need to get there fast.

IC: Whipcrack (Eclipse Station Tier 3 - Hangar Bay 17B)

Whipcrack smiles again, before erupting into a fit of coughing.

"I've been ill for as *cough* long as I can remember. Don't you worry, it's not *cough* contagious - and as far as I *cough* know, it's not going to kill me."

OOC:

10 page anniversary of HF RPG 2.5! YEAH!  :D

Edited by Kovsorr the Collector

:k: :m_o: :v: :s: :m_o: :r: :r:

BZRPG Characters: The Collector of Masks and Zavesh

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Disco, Phobia, MaharaRomulus and Remus

Hero Factory RPG 2.5 Characters: Whipcrack and Charles Erudite

///////

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

IC: XPlode - Not Fully Convinced

"Good to hear. Seems like we have an oddly high proportion of organics with us today. I'd hate to arrive at our destination with a severe drop in numbers." And, he added to himself, sick organics tended to produce all sorts of disgusting slime, none of which he was keen to deal with.

He paused, looking over the villains. "Speaking of... is this everyone?"

OOC: So far, we seem to have three Villains with XPlode and Rotor, so correct me if I'm wrong on that. By a weird coincidence, all three player characters present are organic and are also going to be in an enclosed space with Whipcrack, whose disease is contagious through close contact. HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: XPlode - Not Fully Convinced

"Good to hear. Seems like we have an oddly high proportion of organics with us today. I'd hate to arrive at our destination with a severe drop in numbers." And, he added to himself, sick organics tended to produce all sorts of disgusting slime, none of which he was keen to deal with.

He paused, looking over the villains. "Speaking of... is this everyone?"

OOC: So far, we seem to have three Villains with XPlode and Rotor, so correct me if I'm wrong on that. By a weird coincidence, all three player characters present are organic and are also going to be in an enclosed space with Whipcrack, whose disease is contagious through close contact. HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

OOC: Morphos isn't even remotely organic. :P

IC: Morphos

Morphos shrugged.  "That depends on whether or not anyone else was interested in the job.  They're probably just slow."

"Slow? if they're *cough* slow, that's their problem. More for us."

OOC: Whipcrack is talking to Morphos.

///////

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

IC: Blink - With the Bad Guys

"Oh! Sorry!" she twitched a bit. This guy wasn't a henchman and she'd just possibly insulted him. Also, if you asked her, the sick guy was totally contagious.

IC: Cobra Shard - Hero Factory

Seeing another Hero jump into an empty dropship, Shard followed.  "You coming to Antropolis or going with the Mekron guys?" he asked Flames.

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Makuhero Skies (Cor Solis)

Bliss lifted off the ground in his ship and hailed Stormer over comms, "Which team has more men at the moment, sir?" 

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

"You seem a little *cough* apologetic for a 'villain', don't you?" he growls to the other one, "Perhaps you *cough* shouldn't be hanging out with this crowd!"

OOC: Whipcrack is talking to Blink.

///////

Bliss lifted off the ground in his ship and hailed Stormer over comms, "Which team has more men at the moment, sir?" 

GM IC: Preston Stormer - Hero Factory. 

"That would be the Mekron team, by the looks of things," he replied, glancing back at Jade's ship. He and Stringer had clambered aboard the second Mekron-bound dropship, while nearby Nex and Bulk were in the process of boarding the Antropolis team vessels. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Flynn Flames

"Well I guess you can use the experience to make sure this mission goes much better"

I said, hoping to encourage the senior hero. I recognized Timothy heading into the ship for antropolis and decided to follow after him. I eagerly strapped myself into a passenger seat, making sure my seat belt was well fastened. It'd suck to get injured before my first mission even began.

IC: Blink - Not Talkin' To The Sick Guy

"I'm not talking to you!" she snapped, fingering the handle of her sword.

"I'll be going with the Antropolis team then, sir," he pulled the ship out of hover and began punching in the coordinates to Antropolis.

IC: Marrow - Hidey Hole

Marrow shut its eyes as one of the ships blasted off into space, spewing painfully bright light as it left. It reopened them once the ship was gone and popped a wad of rather smushed insects into its mouth. Only a ship or two more and it would be free to continue the hunt.

IC: Cobra Shard - Dropship

"Yeah, maybe," he replied doubtfully. "But hey, it's kinda cool your first mission is at Antropolis; that's where my first real mission was, too!"

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Whipcrack (Eclipse Station Tier 3 - Hangar Bar 17B)

"Hmph. Suit yourself," coughs Whipcrack, "Just stay out of the way of the real villains here."

///////

OOC: Sorry on being mixed up about Morphos! Can't believe I forgot about him.

IC: Timothy Gyro - Caught

At Flames' and Shard's entry into the ship, Gyro froze mid-explosion noise, releasing the wheel in a panic while internally screaming. A little too loudly, he said while grinning a little nervously, "Oh hey there new guy! And uh... Shard, right?"

~

IC: a duck - Hidey Hole

She really needed to have a talk with her heir. They were worrying her a little... was this what the little ones were meant to be like? She quacked firmly, but not roughly, to get their attention.

~

IC: XPlode and Rotor - Berth 17B

XPlode raised his hands. "Friends, friends! We're all Villains here. Why, we don't want to be in bad spirits when we arrive, do we? That is the very thing those Heroes prey upon, you know!"

Rotor regarded Blink. After a second, he shrugged. "No harm done, pal. But next time, keep up with the program, capisce?"

XPlode sighed. This would be a long flight. He thumbed over his shoulder at the ship. "Well, get on the ship, I suppose. Time is money, as they say."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

GM IC: Voltix - Eclipse Station, Tier 1, Berth 17B. 

"Hey, morons!" A disgruntled voice boomed out of a nearby intercom speaker, echoing across the open platform, "Time is money! We're not paying you to stand around and chat." 

______________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Stormer/Nex/Bulk - Hero Factory, Exterior.

"You two got this handled?" Stormer asked into his comms unit, sitting down in the co-pilot's seat while Stringer took the controls and powered up the dropship. They weren't planning to carry any other passengers; Jade's ship had been at capacity before it had taken off, so bringing any more heroes to Mekron would just be excessive.

"Don't worry about it," came Nex's voice in response, "Bulk and I'll keep them in line. Good luck, boss." 

"Same to you," Stormer nodded to Stringer, and their dropship become airborne, ascending up off the paved courtyard in front of Hero Factory, drifting past the unfinished tower, before accelerating into FTL once it was free of the planetoid's gravity well.

Back down on the ground, Julius Nex settled into the pilot's seat of one of the two remaining dropships, browsing his Herobook feed while he waited for the rest of the team to board. Bulk, meanwhile, had clambered aboard the other ship, having originally intended to take the controls. Instead, he found a suspiciously Rotor-esque looking Hero lounging awkwardly in the pilot's seat, and suppressed a sigh.

He turned back around, shouting out the open hatch: "We're leaving in the next few minutes for Antropolis. Get on board, on you're going to be left behind!" 

Edited by The Good Guys

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Cobra Shard - Dropship

"Eh, it's nice enough, I suppose. If you can get past the giant beasts, the seaside atmosphere is actually pretty refreshing."

OOC: I'm assuming we're keeping Fishers' version Antropolis?

IC: Marrow - With Lord Duck

Marrow looked questioningly at its parent.

IC: Blink - Gang of Evil

She nodded vigorously and slowly moved her hand away from her weapon, but shot a glare in Whipcrack's general direction before climbing into the ship.

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

Whipcrack grumbles and climbs into the ship.

///////

IC: Rotor and XPlode - Berth 17B

"Was he the 'they' you were talkin' about?" Rotor asked with a grin, which earned him a roll of the optical units from XPlode. Rotor climbed on board, sitting in the pilot's seat, and XPlode went in the back with the other villains.

~

IC: Timothy Gyro - Dropship

He thanked his lucky stars that, not only had at least one of the rookies who had climbed on board apparently not noticed him, but their arrival meant he had stopped horsing around when Bulk climbed on board. He scrambled out of the panicked, attempting casual position he had flopped into and manned the controls properly, clearing his vocal unit.

~

IC: a duck - With Underling

Ah, she had their attention this time. She glanced back at the tunnels her heir had carved, which was unusual behaviour in and of itself. She waddled a few steps out of their hideout and quacked again, inviting them to follow. Her heir's phobia of the large, clumsy creatures was better resolved in baby steps. Stepping outside for a moment might be too large a jump in progress, but she was game for trying, anyway. They should know that she would protect them. But, if they chose to remain inside... there was always another day. She ruffled her feathers. Training an heir was hard work.

• Upvote 1

IC: Flynn Flames

"Well hopefully we wont have any giant monster problems toda ..."

Oh, oh my stars, Bulk's getting on the ship with us. We're on a mission with a  genuine Alpha team member! This was the best day ever! Cmoon keep it together.

"HEY BULK I'M A BIG OF YOURS FAN"

Boy I hope those words came out or my vocal unit in the correct order.

IC: Marrow - With Lord Duck

Marrow looked around uncertainly. There were still Heroes lumbering around up there... did Lord Duck want it to come out anyway? It took one hesitant step out of the hole. Two.

Then it turned around and hid again. What if the Heroes tried to step on it?

IC: a duck - With Heir

Two steps. She held back an angry snap of the beak. It was an improvement, certainly. She had to be patient. Not all beings were hatched from their eggs as ferocious and perfect as she. Why, even those who shared the nest with her were much weaker, and if those who shared her very bloodline could not compare, then how could she expect this youngling to do so, without time and dedicated training?

The tall ones were leaving, so she decided against bothering them for their due offerings. Her youngling responded well to positive reinforcement, and so spreading terror would have to wait. She shot one last, longing look at the bumbling, monolithic creatures and their unpecked feet and ankles, and waddled back into the darkness. She navigated the spines and blades of her heir's hide and settled in a safe spot, absently preening at the young one's feathers to calm their nerves. Well, as fearful as her heir was of the tall ones, they were... tolerable. She felt comfortable treating them as her own flesh and blood. Fears and insecurities could be quelled with her care and training, she knew this. And what a hunter they had proven to be, when the tall ones had disappeared into their stupid-looking tall, hard nests! This phobia, it was but a stage, she was sure.

~

IC: Rotor and XPlode - Villain Friend Ship

As Rotor flicked switches and pressed buttons, XPlode directed his attention to the other villains. "All right, I'm sure Voltix has given you a reasonable summary of what to expect, but I'm going to go over some details. First of all, we are headed to Antropolis, and we're going there to find information. Not a fight. And, we don't want people to know what we're doing. If someone hears we're finding a ship to loot, they'll want a share, or to take it off our hands, or to alert those confounded Heroes to our doings. The Heroes are already going to be looking for this ship, and I'd rather not clue them in to where to look for it.

"You two," he gestured to Blink and Morphos, "You look fairly unnoticeable. Pluppies aren't a rare sight around Antropolis, as I recall, and civilian models of your build are very common. Avoid the authorities and any recognition software, but I would say otherwise you two would be the wisest choice for asking civilians for information. But be discreet."

He glanced to the sickly, coughing, possibly dying, Whipcrack. He said, "You... should avoid people, I think. Else you may be put in quarantine as well as prison once they identify you."

OOC: I checked to make sure I had the right rough idea of what everyone looked like this time. Whipcrack, according to his bio, used to be a civilian, but I'm guessing there's going to be concern if this guy hacking up a lung stumbles into a bar- not for him being a criminal, of course, but for making sure he's all right. That said, if he's good at playing it off as a cold and not drawing attention to himself, then feel free to disregard XPlode and go into all the public places you could possibly want. I mean, in general, you can disregard him. Villains don't play by no rules. Just be aware of how bystanders will react to your doings.

Also, if you have a Villain character you want to start playing but you didn't make it to Voltix's meeting or to boarding the Villain Friend Ship, worry not! You can just post like they've been there the whole time if you like. Maybe add an OOC to say that's what you're doing just in case of confusion, though.

"The authorities and recognition software won't be a problem.  This form hasn't been seen by any authorities since the station.  I can change it if it would be convenient."  To demonstrate, his face becomes a blank sheet, before taking on XPlode's face, down to the scratches, a few seconds later.  He blinks a few times, then grins at Xplode before reverting back to normal.

OOC: What are pluppies?

OOC: Just a reminder: I'm pretty sure it was confirmed in Morphos' approval that rudimentary scans would expose Morphos' shapeshifting (so not facial recognition software, but, say, a security scanner for a building or something), and I'm pretty sure we confirmed that he couldn't mimic colour? I was asking Nato about it and he mentioned there might have been something about only having three colours, but that doesn't make any sense given the nature of how he shapeshifts. I dunno. Just remember the limitations on that shapeshifting.

Oh, and pluppies are Blink's race, mentioned in her profile.

EDIT: Just found the three colours thing. Apparently I forgot to remark on it at the time? I don't know. That's on me. Still, it makes no sense to me, but unless it becomes a serious problem I'm just gonna avoid the whole headache that is resolving that. Also you've said that high complexity forms would take about fifteen seconds, not a few seconds, but that's inconsequential and whatever. Just remember your character's limits on his powers.

~

IC: XPlode - Friend Ship

"Very cute," XPlode said. "And a very handsome choice of visage. But unless you also have a shapeshifting identification card, I'd still steer clear of the authorities, if I were you. Just in case, you understand."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Whipcrack (Villain Friend Ship)

"So," says Whipcrack, "What am I supposed to do then, *cough* if you don't want me being *cough* seen?"

///////

OOC: Don't worry, I remember them.  I forgot to mention that he wouldn't be the same colors as Xplode, sorry.  Also, he didn't take just a few seconds.  He had already scanned Xplode's face before he started talking.  The few seconds were just the time it took for him to fully take the form.  ;)

"Please, I'm not an imbecile."

IC: Blink - Villain Ship

She nodded to show XPlode she'd understood his instructions while dumping her disassembled rifle out of its carry bag and checking everything to make sure it was ready for the mission ahead. Magazine loaded: check; barrel polished: check; trigger oiled: check; everything was working properly. She slid the parts back into the bag and began checking the power levels on her sword: around 90%. Not bad.

Glancing around to make sure nobody was looking, she slipped her beacon under her seat. If these guys tried to double cross her or something went south on Antropolis, she'd be able to get back to the ship quickly.

IC: Marrow - With Lord Duck

Marrow hunkered down and allowed Lord Duck to groom it. Someday, when it was stronger, it would make its parent proud and devour those Heroes.

IC: Michael Barrier and Isaac Rider

The hero next to me looked nervous.

"This your first mission?" I asked him.

"No, just a bit worried is all." He said, smiling awkwardly.

"Just stick with your team and you'll be fine." I said. I tried to come off reassuring, but I had a feeling that I sounded a bit unpolite.

Edited by QuIn

IC: XPlode - Villain Friend Ship

To Whipcrack, he said, "There are other ways to find information, friend. We'll be landing in the docks, at the far outskirts of the city. Lots of shady establishments to question people, and no doubt there will be shipping warehouses with some record of where they've sent their cargo. But, that is only a suggestion. I am sure you have plans of your own."

Then, he turned to Morphos. "Of course you aren't. It was simply a suggestion."

OOC: Let's hope Blink doesn't fall asleep on the ride over, in case she teleports just outside the ship or something.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Jason Ferro- Hero Factory

Ferro returned just in time to hear Bulk calling out to heroes who had yet to board a dropship. Quickly, he made his way over to the one leaving for Antropolis and took a seat.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC Kaiba:

"I'm not a vigilante!" He said in half serious mock anger. "I'm a peacekeeping bot and I'm only doing my job!"

"Speaking of..." His tone was more sober now, "I've heard there's some big movements going on in the criminal underworld. I was hoping you'd come with me to investigate."

IC: Mara Quiver and Ken Render - Jade's Ship

Quiver shrunk into herself a little, surrounded by so many people. Render patted her head and decided to make conversation with a Hero sitting nearby. "Howdy. Y'all prepped 'n ready fer this?"

OOC: This can be any Hero on the ship, I don't mind.

~

IC: Timothy Gyro - The Gyromobile

Gyro started warming up the engines, his embarrassment bleeding away to be replaced with excitement for getting to fly a ship for the first time in what felt like forever.

IC: Ruby

Ruby looked up when the other hero spoke and found he was looking at her.  "Um, yeah, I think so.  I mean, I've never been on a mission even close to this priority level so I don't even know if there's something I've forgotten to bring or do or what."

OOC: That would be Render.

Edited by Vestak

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Jade's ship

Gorn decided that now was as good a time as any to try and be social.

"As long as you have your weapon and your wits about you, you'll do just fine."

Gorn had been eyeing the hero's weapon. He could tell that it was a scythe of some kind, but it was unlike any that he had ever seen. It appeared to have several parts that served no practical purpose, and the factory wasn't known for making weapons with cosmetic modifications that went beyond simple color changes.

"Speaking of which... What kind of weapon is that, exactly?"

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

GM IC: Julius Nex/Duncan Bulk - Hero Factory, Exterior. 

The two heroes had waited long enough. The Mekron team had already left, and it was time for the Antropolis branch of the mission to do the same. "Alright kid," Bulk leaned forward to tap on Gyro's shoulder, "Get us out of here."

Nex's ship had already taken off, ascending up off the ground before accelerating into FTL once it was clear of the factory grounds.