HF RPG 2.5

FallenCor

IC: Blink - Deep Black Heart of Antropolis

It took her a minute or two, but she finally found the seedy part of town where they kept all the cheapest bars and motels and such. After surveying her options, unimpressed, for a few moments, she decided on a distinctly low-class establishment called "The Rusty Jug" and headed in. Now, who to ask first?

GM IC: The Rusty Jug - Antropolis. 

On the one hand, leaving the spaceport itself somewhat reduced Blink's chances of uncovering information about the Star Whale. On the other, venturing into a shadier place like this carried a better chance of being able to discern what pirate groups and mercenary bands might be active in systems that lay along the missing ship's path. 

There were a number of shifty-looking individuals scattered throughout the establishment who might be able to offer some insight, but Blink's best bet would be to start with the bartender. After all, he would have spoken with just about every customer at some point or another, and if he didn't know anything useful, he'd most certainly be able to point Blink in the right direction. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Blink - The Rusty Jug

After approaching a few patrons and being shooed away, Blink did eventually decide to talk to the bartender. She would have done so earlier, but he was a big, mean-lookin' bot and didn't seem friendly in the least. 

"Hey chum," she opened nervously. "You uh.. you recently heard anything about a ship called..." she leaned in closer and whispered conspiratorially "The Starwhale?"

She really hoped he didn't punch her in the face or something.

IC: Cobra Shard - Antropolis Fire 'N' Ice Gang

Inwardly relieved, Shard asked Flames, "Alright then, where do you wanna start?"

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

GM IC: Scary Bartender - Antropolis. 

"Only that it went missin' earlier today," the bot coughed, "There's been a lot o' talk about that ship 'round here lately." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Timothy Gyro - Antropolis

Gyro threw a hand over his head in mock, theatrical despair. "Aw, Flames, you just broke my Hero Core in two with that."

He laughed. "Nah, it's fine. Good luck, guys. Guess I'm partnering up with Bulk?"

He looked to the veteran Hero for confirmation on this.

~

IC: XPlode - Antropolis

"All right, that's one off," he remarked. He looked to the others. "I was going to head down for the docking bays. Would either of you chaps care to join me?"

This was addressed to Whipcrack and Thak. Morphos was free to follow Blink or do as he pleased to find information.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Whipcrack (Outside the Villain Friend Ship)

Whipcrack grins.

"Sure," he says, coughing, "There's sure to be information there..."

OOC:

I've forgotten which Hero group Charles Erudite was in, can someone remind me?  :???:

:k: :m_o: :v: :s: :m_o: :r: :r:

BZRPG Characters: The Collector of Masks and Zavesh

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Disco, Phobia, MaharaRomulus and Remus

Hero Factory RPG 2.5 Characters: Whipcrack and Charles Erudite

///////

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

IC: Morphos

Morphos left, deciding to look for the Starwhale's dock and find some information there since Blink was hopefully handling her end in the less friendly part of town.

IC: Night Stalker

Their target would soon become apparent to Corroder, as it was hard to miss.  It was a gleaming tower, polished to a perfect shine, that created intricate patterns on the ground with the reflected sunlight.  Night Stalker couldn't remember exactly what it stood for, but he knew it was something the city was proud of.  Best of all, it was completely unguarded.  It was also very open, meaning they would be seen very quickly.

GM IC: Corroder - Mekron.

"You want to do the honours, or shall I?" Corroder inquired, claws already glistening with acid. 

"We're trying to draw attention, so I should.  You are more infamous, but pretty much the entire city hates me.  You stay out of sight.  It'll give us an edge when the cops and heroes come."  With that, Night Stalker strode into the open and fired several gas bombs at the base of the tower.  He began firing warning shots at the nearby civilians who started running away screaming.  After about a minute of this Night Stalker charged towards the tower, barreling through the dispersing gas cloud and swinging his hammer into the tower.  It rung like a bell as it began to fall, and it hit the ground with a discordant crash.  Night Stalker then began shooting down all of the security cameras he could find.

IC: Flynn Flames Antropolis Fire and Ice gang

I joined in with Gyro's laugh.

"I guess you will be, me and Cobra will ..."

I considered all the information I had from the mission briefing, an idea flared in my head.

"Check the area's the ship flew over, we have a copy of the Star Whale's flight plan correct?"

OOC:

I've forgotten which Hero group Charles Erudite was in, can someone remind me?  :???:

OOC: He was on Jade's ship if I remember correctly, which I'm pretty sure went to Mekron.

"Oh? And who's been doing the talking?"

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

GM IC: Corroder - Mekron. 

Corroder quickly got to work joining Night Stalker in the destruction, bathing a nearby structure in streams of acidic goop. It'd likely take a few minutes for word of the attack to reach Mekron City Police HQ, but once it did, the officers, and Heroes, would be quick to react.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"People. Other captains, dock guards, crewmen," the bartender growled, "A ship that big goes poof, and everyone gets worried." 

IC Thak:

"I'll hold out here with your esteemed partner, I think," Thak spoke, scratching at his chin.

"I'd like to keep myself removed from all this until the real show starts, and I can provide an alibi for our friends here. Doing a little 'work' for me, as it were. Community service."

He grinned his too wide grin.

He gave Flames a confused look. "Uh, yeah, in space. Like most spaceships. Even I can't fly that high. And I think there's some concern it might be off course? We should probably get an idea of where it was headed before going back into space."

After a brief pause after he considered the chances that this may crush the poor rookie's dreams, he said, "Great idea, though."

~

IC: For Morphos - Docking Bays

Morphos would find himself in a busy docking area, with many ships coming and going. There were many more beings walking around, shouting to each other and bustling about with their dock-related duties. In the middle of the nearest centre of action was a stout, grumbly robot, shouting a lot of orders and in general looking very important.

~

IC: XPlode and Rotor - Docking Bays

Seeing the villain go off on his own, XPlode shrugged. He said to Thak, "Are you sure? Very well. Rotor, be sure to make sure to look after your guest, hm?"

Hearing Rotor's grunt of begrudged agreement, he led the way to the buildings of the docking area, rather than the docking area itself. These buildings were largely storage units and warehouses, though there were administrative buildings here and there. XPlode waved for the others to follow him as he slunk towards one with the emblem of the Starwhale's company on the door.

Some distance from the door, hidden in the shadows behind a wall, he whispered to the others, "Listen carefully, fellows. We won't be able to get in the front door like this, too many employees. The inside, I dare say, will be the same. There is a small window behind the building- very small- and an emergency exit in case of a fire. Now, does anyone here carry smoke bombs? Smoke pellets? Something that can make fire or smoke?"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Flynn Flames, Antropolis Fire and Ice crew

I was somewhat insulted that Gyro's interpretation of my words had such an implied he had such a low opinion of me. My voice carried that dismay at my fellow hero.

"No but if the Star whale had a horizontal takeoff then it would have flown over populated areas as it ascended, with people watching"

I explained "even if it was a vertical takeoff, people close to the space port will still have seen it ascend "

Edited by The Invisible Noob

Hmm, other captains, dockguards, crewman. She could find all three at the shipyards where the Villain Gang had landed, but the area was still way too big. She needed to narrow it down further.

"Can," she licked her lips, "Can you give me any names? Of the other captains or anything?"

IC: Cobra Shard - Antropolis Fire N Ice Gang

"Maybe," he said doubtfully. ​"But not just everyone who saw it take off will have relevant information about where it is now. What we'd need to do is find someone who watched it leave and has some idea of the cargo, the crew members, or really anything else we don't already know."

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

IC: Flynn Flames

"We should hopefully have a official list of the Star Whales staff and cargo after Nex does his talking, out and about the ports we should be looking for the more atypical clues that might normally be missed, like say if anything was on the hull?"

"I don't know names, though I do know faces," the bartender replied, seeming deliberately inclined to be as unhelpful as possible, "But information like that isn't free." 

GM IC: Nex - Antropolis. 

While Bulk's group were scattered down below, Nex had taken a series of escalators up towards the top level, The quaint, elevated box at the uppermost level, affectionately referred to as the control tower, was sure to have the information he needed.

GM IC: Stormer - Mekron City.

Mere moments after going inside, Stormer stumbled straight back out of the police station, Chief Drax hot on his heels. "I'm getting sick of this, Preston!" He was hollering, "Every time you come to my city, terrible things happen!" 

"We've got a problem, heroes!" Stormer stopped in front of the group near Stringer, "Villains are attacking the city." 

"Again."

Morphos kept walking past the foreman and his crew, ideas circling through his head.  After a few moments of deliberating, he came upon a plan that might work.  He commed the ship to talk to rotor and, making sure there was no one close enough to hear him, said, "Do we have any info on the client who hired the Starwhale?  If you can't get that, could you find some of their past clients?  I might be able to get information on the ship but what I asked for will make my story that much more believable."

IC: Ruby

When Ruby heard Chief Drax yelling she looked up, curious.  When she heard the words "Villains are attacking" she was fingering her scythe, her finger resting on the power switch.  She figured Stormer was about to tell them what they would be up against, so she restrained herself from pressing for details.

The towering robot turned to Corroder and said, "They know we're here by now.  Lets move, give them a chase.  We don't want to loose them, so we'll be using guerrilla tactics.  Blow stuff up, melt into the alleyways, pop up somewhere else and blow up more stuff.  Follow me."  Night Stalker began lumbering away, quickly taking the color of the walls of the buildings around him as he headed for Mekron's commercial district.

Edited by Vestak

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Mekron City

Villains? Here? It was likely just a coincidence, but Gorn understood Drax's fear. This city had indeed been attacked with unusual frequency in recent times...

"Where are they? Tell me, and I will bring them back here..."

Gorn took his plasma sword from his belt and activated it, along with his shield.

...in however many pieces you desire."

It was an attempt at an admittedly dark joke, but Gorn realized too late that there was the possibility he would be taken seriously.

Edited by Klanadack

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Rotor - Villain Friendship

"Do I look like your secretary?" Rotor snapped. "I got nothin' on the ship. Never even heard of it before this gig. You're gonna have to make somethin' up."

OOC: Sorry for the unhelpfulness here. Rotor just wouldn't know anything about the clients.

~

IC: Timothy Gyro - Bulk Squad

He saw he had upset the other Hero regardless. "Sorry, buddy, I thought you meant as in observing a direction the ship took off from. Asking witnesses about the state of the ship makes more sense."

~

IC: Mara Quiver and Ken Render - Mekron

Quiver gave Gorn a very worried look. Render groaned. "Nuts 'n bolts. A'ight. Junebug, you're stickin' with me. Neither of us are close range fighters, anyhow."

"Y-Y-Yes, R-Render." She looked away from Gorn. "I-If you d-duh-don't mind l-looking after me, I m-mean."

Render laughed a bit. "Ain't no problem at all."

He said to Stormer, "Just point us at 'em. But, uh, might be wise to have some of us stay here, pardner. My team was here kinda recently, had some varmints makin' a fuss to distract us. Maybe they're back for another round."

"Trust me, you're one of the last people I would want as a secretary, but you're all I've got right now.  Can't you look it up on the internet*?"

OOC: *Or whatever it's called here. :P

IC: Ruby

"Whoever they are, I'll be glad to take them down."

IC Thak:

"If it were that easy, our employer wouldn't need us out here, now would he?"

Thak shook his head. "Sure don't make em like they used to..."

IC Kaiba:

He grinned. "There might be a few heads to knock around, if you're up for it."

IC Kat:

With the others off in the mission, I had some much needed me time. The incident on Mechna had been harrowing, and if I was being honest, I wasn't ready for another big mission.

IC: Rotor - Villain Friend Ship

"What, you don't got yer own internet access?" Rotor growled as he lost a life in his game. "Doesn't matter anyway. Don't know what you think I am, but 'hacker' ain't exactly one of 'em. If you can't find this stuff, chances are I can't, either."

Rotor didn't really like being ordered around. XPlode was a friend, and they were partners in crime, so that was a little different. Strangers who were being rude to him on top of that were not winning any points with him. He glanced back to Thak and gave a gesture like, 'can you believe this guy?'.

OOC: Again, this is just Rotor being Rotor, but basically the OOC version of this information is no, we don't have information on the clients on hand. That seems like information you'd have to dig up from the company's official files, which you couldn't find online easily. Just reassuring you this isn't out of some weird form of spite or something.

Also not sure how Thak is listening in. I should probably have specified that the call was private or something. Thak might have guessed what they were talking about from Rotor's side of the conversation.

~

IC: Timothy Gyro - Bulk Squad

Gyro jabbed his thumb at Bulk. "Wherever he goes, I reckon. Not much call for me to be flying around here for this part of the mission."

IC: Charles Erudite (Mekron Group)

Upon hearing Stormer's warning, Erudite quietly loads his blaster, and asks, "Where are they, Stormer?"

IC: Whipcrack (With Xplode)

"Unfortunately," coughs Whipcrack, "I don't."

:k: :m_o: :v: :s: :m_o: :r: :r:

BZRPG Characters: The Collector of Masks and Zavesh

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Disco, Phobia, MaharaRomulus and Remus

Hero Factory RPG 2.5 Characters: Whipcrack and Charles Erudite

///////

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

IC: Sapphire

All things considered, it was a relatively calm day in Makuhero City. Things had calmed down after the Sparrowhawk incident, and civilians were calmly making their way home from night shifts, or to work after waking up at such an ungodly hour. Everything was moving calmly and at a reasonable pace. Well, everything but Sapphire.

A blue blur moved quickly through the streets of Makuhero City, startling many Civilians and causing some of them in vehicles to swerve out of the way and into a building or a lamp post. Havoc was being wrought right in the city of the heroes. Who'd have the nerve? Well, Sapphire, for one, did. Be it bravery or foolishness, she doubted anyone could keep up with her, let alone catch her.

IC: Yofrid Atgeir

"Look, I'll come with you and keep you company, possibly help you with any investigative aspects as well. But let's get one thing clear. I'm not knocking any heads around. If someone attacks me, I'll defend myself, but aside from that, I'm not going to start anything with anyone, regardless of what you say." Yofrid stared at Kaiba, her gaze carrying a bit of an intensity. "Am I clear?"

IC: Los Tres Amigos

"Alright, if you want to help with gathering any information, that'd be greatly appreciated, but you can also just stay behind on the dropship." Captor said to Titanos and Nimius after they'd landed.

"I'm not staying behind and letting myself get bored." Nimius chimed in, to the surprise of Captor, who'd barely heard a word from his friend since the Mechna incident. Nimius opened up a compartment next to the console and took out a light energy pistol. He turned to look at his two friends. "Er, in case things get rough, you know?"

Edited by Oko the Matoran
  • Upvote 1

Should've seen that one coming. Where to go from here though? Pay up or shove her rifle in the bartender's face and look all cool?

Pay up. Definitely. She sighed. "How much you want, you little weasel?"

"'Kay, so where are we going first, then? The Starwhale's takeoff point or you got somewhere else in mind?" he asked Flames.

IC: Gabriel Bliss - The Cool Guys

Bliss rode the escalators up to control tower with Nex and began looking about for something of use. A terminal that might have flight data they didn't or something of the kind. He'd have to ask permission to mess with anything up here, though. "Hey, mind if I take a look through some of these files?" he asked a nearby guard.

IC: Flynn Flames- Antropolis - Fire N Ice Gang

"The takeoff point is a good start"

I said, acknowledging Cobra's advice. "and there's no time like the present so let's get going!"

I grabbed Cobra's hand and rushed to the port. Calling back to Bulk and Gyro.

"We'll call you if we find anything!"

"See ya, guys!" he called back at Bulk and Gyro.

As he ran with Flames, he began searching the mission briefing files for the flight plan and began uploading any relevant info to his HUD.

"What's a weasel?" He frowned, before refocusing, "Forget it. That bloke over there," he pointed out a pale-looking being half slumped in a puddle of spilled drink, "He's making a mess, and he refuses to leave. I want him gone, and he might know something of use to you, so how about you go off and kill two birds with one stone?" 

GM IC: Random Guard - Antropolis. 

"Sorry, I'm just a guard," the guard replied to Bliss, not moving from the door he was guarding, "I can't help you." 

GM IC: Corroder - Mekron City. 

Corroder followed Night Stalker's lead, heading deeper into the city. 

GM IC: Stormer - Mekron City.

"Well rookies, here's your first lesson in tracking a villain," Stormer picked up his weapon, using it to point in the direction the attackers were, "Follow the sounds of screaming and explosions." 

IC: Ken Render and Mara Quiver - Mekron

"Hey, junebug, why don't y' try n' get a fix on a more exact measure of where the hollerin' is comin' from?" Render asked Quiver. She nodded, stepping a little away from the group- the less background noise she had, the better- and concentrated. As she did so, Render turned back to the others.

"Rest of us better split into two groups. I don't like a lick of this right here, smells like trouble, ayuh." He looked over the Heroes with him. "Y'all head down there quick-smart, y'hear? Rest of us better wait in case more varmints start crawlin' outta th' woodwork."

Quiver jogged to the group and pointed off down a street. "D-Down there, a-a-about eight b-blocks and t-to the l-l-left. S-Sounds l-like h-h-hissing... a-acid? A-And g-guh-gunfire."

"Yer gettin' good with those sensors a' yours," Render smiled. "A'ight, Heroes, let's move."

OOC: You can choose whether you want to wait or go fight. And don't feel like you need to hang back- I've had Render and Quiver stay put for now in case everyone wants to go fight villains. Staying at the police station also doesn't guarantee you get to do anything other than stand around and look like a dork.

... Hopefully this doesn't end up as everyone staying behind.

~

He waved to the two rookies, and then turned to Bulk. "Well, uh, where to?"

Bulk had been silent for a good while now. Gyro was slightly concerned.

~

IC: XPlode - Warehouse

"Not to worry, chum. This tends to get more attention, anyway."

XPlode slunk towards the back of the building, until they reached a small, rectangular window, apparently leading into an empty break room. XPlode worked one of his explosive spines free from his armour, opened the window, and tossed it quickly into the room and then ducked. "Get down!"

The explosion caused a ruckus, and through the commotion the sound of a fire alarm being activated could be heard. He grinned. "Perfect. Now, we have a window of opportunity between the workers fleeing for their lives and the authorities arriving to inspect the building. Let's make the most of it, shall we?"

The back door was close by. Due to its closeness to the break room, it seemed people were fleeing in the other direction, away from it.

Morphos irritably clicked off the comm, his dislike of Rotor rising, and hoped for the best.  He ducked into some shadows and stepped out looking much more formal and businesslike.  His face now wore an expression of professionalism.  

When the foreman saw him, he smiled and said, "Hello sir, I am Mr. Anderson.  I represent one of the clients of the recently MIA freighter known as the Starwhale.  My client wishes to clarify if the perpetrators at any time may have acquired any information on the cargo they have had shipped on the Starwhale in the past.  If you could provide me with any information in regard to this issue or point me in the direction of someone who could I would be very grateful."

IC: Wilhelm Gorn-Mekron City

"Acid, you say? That sounds to me like the work of Von Nebula's former minion, Corroder. The gunfire, however, could belong to virtually any villain in our database. Either way, the attackers will not remain free for much longer."

Gorn broke off from the group of heroes and began making his way over the area that Quiver had indicated. His energy shield would render Corroder's acid a non-issue, and the other villain probably wasn't anyone too tough... right?

Edited by Klanadack

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Forewoman - Antropolis Docks

Morphos, luckily, had happened upon the forewoman who had worked with the Starwhale. She spared Morphos an annoyed look. "I've already told you people, I'm busy! The higher up's sent me a bunch of kids right off the assembly line- John, set that crate down with the others!- and I don't have the time to go over the fine print with every paper-pusher who wanders my way. Oh, for the love of- Smitty, put that down, you'll bust a gasket! Get a trolley!"

She pinched the space between her eyes and groused, "I need a break. Look, buddy, best I can tell you is, there's a chance, all right? Lots of ships have records of previous cargo. They ain't anywhere easy to access, mind, but they're there. Why do you want to know, anyway? Those other suits wanted stuff like updates. I tell 'em, I don't handle that kind of stuff. I get the stuff on the ships, I got nothin' to do with it once it leaves. Got no idea why you'd want to know about prior shipments, though. Easier ways to try and get that info than stealing an entire ship, for one."

IC:  Flynn Flames- Antropolis - Fire N Ice Gang

We arrived at the edge of a row of docking bays, each one large enough to potentially hold the Starwhale.

"Right so we head to ... erm, Cobra do you know which port's the one the Starwhale left from?"

He waved to the two rookies, and then turned to Bulk. "Well, uh, where to?"

Bulk had been silent for a good while now. Gyro was slightly concerned.

GM IC: Bulk - Antropolis Spaceport. 

Bulk, though silent, had not been idle. He'd been carefully monitoring the crowds and buildings, watching where the other heroes had spread out to, and keeping an eye out for any beings who acted suspiciously in the presence of the other heroes, "Like I said, spread out, and let us know if you find anything." He mumbled, checking his weapon.

"I'll be here if you need me," this whole situation had him on edge, and he wanted to remain here, out in the open, where he could quickly go to the aid of any heroes who got themselves into trouble. 

"Thank you for your time.  Is there anyone around here who could clarify the finer details for me?"

OOC: Before the Mekron heroes go villain hunting, I'd like to point out that Night Stalker and Corroder aren't a mere 5 blocks from the station.  It'd be a bit further.

Edited by Vestak

IC Jade - Outside Police HQ:

There was no sense in just hanging around. Though not a Hero herself, Jade could still do her part.

She patched into Stormer's helmet comm, "Stormer, I'm taking the ship over to the local control tower, see if I can get a fix in the route the Star Whale was on. If you have any to spare, a couple of Heroes would go a long way to getting the info I'm after."

IC Kat - Skies above Makuhero:

I was pulled from my thoughts by flashes of blue in the streets below.

I frowned. Who, or what could be going that fast on the ground?

...well whatever it was, it was causing disturbances across the city.

I reactivated my comms, noticing with a grimace that Tim had left me a ten minute long message.

I commed Mission Control, "Zib, I've got something speeding through the city, gonna investigate, I'll link my helmet cam."

I veered off, and settled into a dive.