HF RPG 2.5

FallenCor

OOC: For reasons outlined in the discussion topic, we're leaving Night Stalker's distance as-is. It'd be too much hassle to edit now, and five blocks is a pretty far distance, anyway. I changed it to eight blocks so it's even further.

IC: Timothy Gyro - Antropolis

"Sure," he said. "Comm me if you need me somewhere."

Alone with his thoughts. His favourite place to be. He walked off, shaking his blades a little. He wished he could do some flying, but there wasn't much call for it in looking for clues. He elected instead to wander towards a row of buildings, only to notice one of the buildings was a bar- The Rusty Jug, according to the sign. He grinned. This looked like a real tough person bar, and besides, he'd seen movies. If you needed information, you went into a tough person bar. That's how it goes.

He opened the door and made his way to the front, where the bartender and an organic being was. He interrupted their conversation as politely as he could. "'Scuse me, but I wanted to ask some questions about the Starwhale for some official Hero business."

He did his best to look like a cool and tough guy.

~

IC: Forewoman - Antropolis Docks

His avoiding her questions made her pause. She said, "There ain't any other finer details. Why do you even want to know?"

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Mekron

"Of course. Any villain who gets their hands on acid can use it. However, Corroder is the only villain I know of that is both currently on the run, and crazy enough to attack a city with acid in broad daylight."

Gorn considered the other hero's statement for a few seconds, before deciding to add:

"You... could be right, of course. Feel free to take any of my assumptions with a grain of salt. Even I know that the factory doesn't keep me around for my intellectual capabilities... Either way, with this shield, the acid will be completely ineffective against me."

IC: Jason Ferro- Antropolis

Ferro wandered off looking for information, though he didn't expect to actually find any. He wasn't really experienced with this type of thing.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Morphos

Morphos noted the pause and decided it was time to wrap it up and find somewhere else to search for info.  "I want to know because my clients want to know, and since they pay me I do what they ask.  They also pay me to keep their business a secret whenever possible.  Thank you so much for taking the time to talk to me.  Good luck with your new hires."  With that, Morphos turned and walked back the way he had come.

IC: Ruby

"We need this to go quickly, there are lots of civilians around.  If you can cover me with your shield as well I can snipe them from behind it."

IC: Michael Barrier - Mekron City

Seeing a few teammates go after the enemies, I joined them, following the small red one and the the one with the shield.

"Michael Barrier here, what's the plan?"

OOC: Michael Barrier attempting to interact with Ruby and Gorn

IC: Isaac Rider - Mekron City

The medic decided to stay at the police station, lest any heroes returning with wounds.

IC Jade - Outside Police HQ:

She patched into Stormer's helmet comm, "Stormer, I'm taking the ship over to the local control tower, see if I can get a fix in the route the Star Whale was on. If you have any to spare, a couple of Heroes would go a long way to getting the info I'm after."

GM IC: Stormer - Mekron.

"Very well," Stormer turned to the heroes who were left, relaying Jade's plan to them, "Two villains should be short work for all of you, so I'm sure one or two of you can go help Jade."

IC Kat - Skies above Makuhero:

I commed Mission Control, "Zib, I've got something speeding through the city, gonna investigate, I'll link my helmet cam."

GM IC: Zib - Mission Control.

"Understood." Kat seemed to have momentarily forgotten that the team in Mission Control could just tap directly into Hero's ocular feeds, which was exactly what Zib did, bringing up Kat's visuals on a screen before him.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Night Stalker

Night Stalker said to Corroder, "See if you can weaken the supports in some of these buildings.  If we need a quick exit we can bring them down behind us and hopefully on any heroes chasing us."

After hiding himself away again Morphos shifted to an appearance similar to the worker bots.  The way he saw it, he had two options now.  Join up with Xplode and the others at the Starwhale's dock or break into the control tower and convince one of the workers to give him what he wanted.  It wasn't a hard choice.

IC: Charles Erudite (Mekron - Stormer's Group)

"Understood," says Erudite, nodding to Stormer, "But the villains are my top priority right now."

With that, he follows some of the other heroes towards where the villains are, blaster drawn.

IC: Whipcrack (With Xplode)

Whipcrack grins maniacally, and pushes his way through the back door, cracking his whip once for dramatic effect, before looking around.

Edited by Kovsorr the Collectinator

:k: :m_o: :v: :s: :m_o: :r: :r:

BZRPG Characters: The Collector of Masks and Zavesh

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Disco, Phobia, MaharaRomulus and Remus

Hero Factory RPG 2.5 Characters: Whipcrack and Charles Erudite

///////

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

IC: XPlode - Warehouse

Whipcrack would find himself in a small corridor between two rooms. The corridor opened up along the way into the proper warehouse area, but there were a few sectioned-off rooms from that area in the corridor. One was the breakroom, others appeared to be offices. One office was locked with a fairly complicated lock.

XPlode tapped Whipcrack's shoulder. "Allow me, chum. It might have an alarm, after all. Would you mind standing watch? I'd hate to have the Heroes alerted to our presence early."

As he spoke, he was pulling some kind of high tech lockpick set from his armour.

~

IC: Eloise Thumper, Wilbur Flood and Dorothy Quark - Hero Factory

Thumper and Flood had returned to Hero Factory with Wolfe as quickly as they could, and had run into Quark on the way. She had been seeing two a pair of Heroes, though what about neither Flood nor Thumper knew. She seemed in a bad mood, though- or, a worse mood than usual.

"I apologise for missing your match, Thumper," she grumbled, despite her frown. "There was an emergency incident that required my immediate attention."

"That's fine!" grinned Thumper. "I won, and it was awesome!"

"It really was," Flood agreed. "At least, I think it was. I'm no expert on wrestling matches."

"Very well. If you two have returned for the high priority mission, you may join me. The others have left, but we may be needed once the vessel is located, or if something goes wrong."

Thumper tilted her head quizzically. "... Vessel?"

"I'll brief you two on the way." She gestured for them to follow, and they headed for the ships.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

"Sure thing," replies Whipcrack with a cough. He steps into the open doorway from which they had entered, allowing him to see both the inside of the building and the outside, then surveys the area with a maniacal glint in his eye.

///////

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

OOC: Augh, been super busy lately. =/

IC: Blink - The Rusty Jug

Official Hero business? This was really bad. The Heroes had found her already?! She quickly walked away from the counter to let the newcomer talk to the bartender alone.

It was only until she was halfway across the room that she stole a glance over her shoulder and realized it was...

Rotor?!

He was kinda small... no wait...

He was in disguise as a Hero! Brilliant.

Blink wished she'd thought of doing that, before remembering she wasn't a robot.

While Rotor talked with the bartender, she made her way over to the sodden heap that had been indicated and poked it gingerly. "Hey you, get up," she whispered at it.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

GM IC: Sodden Heap - Rusty Jug.

"Wha-?" The being gurgled, blinking wearily at the creature who had dared to disturb its drunken slumber. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Scary Bartender - Rusty Jug.

The barkeep exhaled loudly, making a mental note to stick a sign out front once this latest nosy nobody was gone, "Yes? How can I help you, hero?" 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: If this works out I'm going to be absolutely delighted

IC: Timothy Gyro - The Rusty Jug

"Well, I'm here investigating a missing ship. The Starwhale, specifically. Have you heard anything about problems with its launch, maybe? Rumours of pirates and that kinda thing along its route?" He leaned casually on the bar with one elbow. "Any info is good info, really. And you look like the kind of person who knows all sorts of goings-on."

With his free hand, he clicked his fingers into a finger gun and a wink. Hopefully that made him look suitably cool.

~

IC: XPlode - Warehouse

The lock was trickier than he thought, but he was making good time with it. When the door finally clicked open, he felt a slight bit of relief. "Well, let's get cracking, friend. We don't want to be caught here. That would throw a bit of a wrench in our plans to leave without drawing attention."

The room inside looked like a standard office. There was a desktop computer, still with some files open from the office's occupant's haste to leave. There was also a datapad on the desk. Since paper was a fairly outdated method of storing information, there were no filing cabinets per se, but there were a set of drawers as well as some drawers in the desk.

There was also a screen on the back wall, currently showing a moving image of an impressive spaceship in flight through a beautifully rendered galaxy.

It wasn't hard to find the control tower.  The things were conveniently made to be taller than everything around them.  The problem was that since it had access to the flight plans there would probably be security.  He didn't think there would be a guard, maybe one if he was unlucky.  He'd scope out the place first and see what he found.

"That screen," coughs Whipcrack, pointing to the screen at the back, "Is that the current movement of the Star Whale or *cough* it's original trajectory?"

OOC:

Is anyone else with Xplode and Whipcrack?

///////

IC: Night Stalker

Night Stalker said to Corroder, "See if you can weaken the supports in some of these buildings.  If we need a quick exit we can bring them down behind us and hopefully on any heroes chasing us."

GM IC: Corroder - Mekron. 

Corroder nodded, switching to her blaster and opening fire on a few of the building's support structures. There was no point wasting all of her acid before the heroes showed up, after all... 

"Well, I'm here investigating a missing ship. The Starwhale, specifically. Have you heard anything about problems with its launch, maybe? Rumours of pirates and that kinda thing along its route?" He leaned casually on the bar with one elbow. "Any info is good info, really. And you look like the kind of person who knows all sorts of goings-on."

With his free hand, he clicked his fingers into a finger gun and a wink. Hopefully that made him look suitably cool.

GM IC: Scary Bartender - Rusty Jug. 

"I'll tell you the same thing I told the other guy," he gestured towards Blink, "That drunkard over there might know something, but I want him out of my bar. You two can fight over him afterwards." 

IC: Cobra Shard - Antropolis Fire N Ice Gang

"Um, gimme a sec..." he ran over the files he'd located from briefing and streamed a waypoint over to Flames' HUD once he'd found what he was looking for. "I think this is it. I found it in the mission briefing, so it seems like a pretty safe bet."

IC: Gabriel Bliss - With Nex in the Control Tower

The guard had been less than helpful and he didn't see anyone else immediately nearby, so he decided to take the risk and sat down at one of the terminals, hoping it would have some information on the Starwhale that might shed some light on the situation.

"I need you awake and he needs you outside," she whispered at the heap, gesturing with her thumb towards the scary bartender. 

"Come on," she pulled on the sodden heap's arm in an attempt to lift it from its chair.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC:

Is anyone else with Xplode and Whipcrack?

OOC: I don't think so? If there was, they haven't posted for a good long while, and so can be assumed to just be silently following along.

IC: XPlode - Office

XPlode glanced at it. "Hm? Oh, no. Seems to be an artistic piece. Purely aesthetic."

~

IC: For Morphos - Outside Control Tower

As a building that not only contained flight plans but also housed the means by which to direct and signal vessels to land safely, the building most certainly did have guards. It was a very important building, after all. Morphos would be able to see two guards standing outside the doors, which seemed to be locked with a fancy device hooked up as the electronic lock. It was hard to tell from a distance what the device used for access. It most likely was some kind of keycard; it was also possible that it used encrypted codes sent from an individual wanting to enter the building, but with the amount of organic species around, it was unlikely, as they would not be able to send this code without some kind of implant or external device.

~

He glanced back at the organic now tugging at a sodden being slumped over a table. He nodded with a grin to the bartender. "Will do. Thanks a bunch."

Pushing away from the bar, he considered what the bartender had said. This person was also looking for information on the Starwhale. Were they a private investigator? Did they work with the current client of the company, or were they wanting information for more nefarious reasons? They hadn't seemed alarmed by his presence and announcing he was a Hero, either, which suggested maybe they weren't a villain or anything like that. It was still a possibility, though, and he'd have to keep that in mind. For now, he decided to pursue this lead first and figure that puzzle out later.

He approached the two, and spoke to the one slumped over the table. "Hey there. The barkeep says you might have some info regarding the Starwhale. How about we step outside for a minute and discuss it? It's a bit stuffy in here, anyways."

He regarded the organic with a nod and a smile. If they were here for legit reasons, he didn't really want to ruin any chance he had for any additional info from them. If they were a criminal, letting them know he was on to them wouldn't help matters. Playing nice seemed the best option.

Whipcrack curses, and goes over to the desktop computer. He coughs, and begins looking at the open files on it.

///////

Even as the complications piled up, Morphos figured out a way he could make this work.  It was almost the midday break.  He pulls someone aside, gets the code/key card from them, kills them, and takes their form.  Then, while most of them are on break, run over to the guards and say he forgot something in the command room.  Fairly simple from there.  Morphos crept around, making sure to stay out of sight, then found a good spot to ambush.  He settled down to wait.

The drunk barely processed Gyro's words, for the moment blink tried tugging on his arm, he flopped forward onto the floor with a groggy groan. "Just leave me alone." 

Yup, it was Rotor sure enough since he wasn't arresting her. It was a bit un-Rotor-like to smile, especially after she'd nearly insulted him earlier, but it was definitely reassuring to see that he hadn't held a grudge.

"Nope, nope, you gotta come with us," she said to Sodden Heap, still tugging his arm from where he lay sprawled on the ground.

IC: Cobra Shard - Antropolis Fire N Ice Gang

"Well for starters I'd freeze the whole place. Or maybe blow everything up if I had some kind of awesome villain bombs. Then I'd just smash my way in. That's what villains do, right? Make a big mess and all that stuff. That's why we always catch 'em in the end," 

Mumbling a muffled string of broken words that were almost certainly expletives of some description, the dejected drunk reluctantly lurched to his feet, and let Blink yank him along. 

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Mekron

"My shield can protect all three of us, but not indefinitely. These types of shields are capable of expanding, but they get weaker the larger they get."

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Flynn Flames - Antropolis Docks - Fire n Ice gang

"True, but if someone broke into the star whale through the docks then that's clearly not the sort of method they used ..."

In moment's we reached the dock the star whale had been harboured hat ...

"There we are," he said, putting an arm around the drunkard's shoulders to assist him in walking. "We just have a few questions about the Starwhale, and then we'll be on our way. You can talk while we walk you home."

~

IC: For Whipcrack - Office

Aside from a rather intense game of Solitaire onscreen, there were some files pertaining to actual work. One was an inventory of what was meant to be on the Starwhale; this list had a good deal of weapon-sounding names on it. There was an email, apparently from someone higher up on the corporate ladder, asking for updates on the situation. There was also an email about a missing crew member who was meant to be on board the Starwhale, but had disappeared right before the launch.

~

IC: For Morphos - Control Tower

The Control Tower could not be left unmanned, due to its important roles in assisting vessels in landing safely. However, the shift was undergoing turnover, and so Morphos did not have to wait long for a trio of operators to leave the building, joking together about some TV show they had seen. Desk workers could have breaks, but most of them did so in the office. A pair of desk workers, however, left on their break, opting to go out for a nice lunch.

Reading through the files, Whipcrack relays the information to Xplode.

///////

Supporting Sodden Heap on the other side, Blink helped Rotor move the drunk slowly over to the door of the bar. "Wish you wasn't so heavy, pal..."

IC: Cobra Shard - Starwhale's Dock

"Yeah, if anyone'd busted in that way we'd have been here long before this," he began looking around for any blatantly obvious clues in the dock.

"It kinda freaks me out, actually," he said thoughtfully. "It's the villains who know better than to run around breaking stuff that take us the longest to catch. The 'Masterminds', if you will."

IC: Flynn Flames - Starwhales Dock

I looked through the dock, at each and every one of the workers bustling about.

"Yeah, whoever they are they've got to be dangerously smart,  but we can take em I'm sure ... can you see anyone worth talking to?"

GM IC: Starwhale Dock - Antropolis.

As one might expect, the berth that the Starwhale had left from was bustling with activity. Workers, guards, and various official-looking figures prowled the area, combing it for clues just as the heroes themselves were. Alas, it appeared that they hadn't yet found anything of use. After all, this was a public berth; other ships had used the dock both before and after the Starwhale had departed, meaning any evidence had likely been trampled or obscured.

Still, even if the dock itself didn't have anything to offer the heroes, it was possible that some of the people fruitlessly searching the area might have something useful to offer the heroes...

"I don't know nothin'," the drunk wheezed, "Just leave me 'lone." 

GM IC: Stormer - Mekron City Police Station.

"We've got a villain situation," Stormer replied into the radio, "Visiting the control tower can wait. The team could do with some air support." 

IC: Flynn Flames - Starwhale Dock

Amongst the crowd I spotted an individual who seemed to be leading the investigation, walking right up to him I did my best to remember how hero's were supposed to act when meeting the local law enforcement. In a voice that was just a  bit too loud I introduced myself. "HELLO, I AM HERO FACTORY HERO FLYNN FLAMES, HOW GOES THE INVESTIGATION OFFICER?"

IC: Timothy Gyro - With Friends

"Hey, buddy, all we want is info on the Starwhale. How about we start with this: the barkeep said you might know something. Why is that?"

~

IC: XPlode - Office

XPlode mulled over the information. "Interesting. So, we will be expecting to leave with armfuls of weapons and other such things. That seems very agreeable. And a missing crew member? That just reeks of mystery. Perhaps they knew what was to happen? It sounds like a very promising lead."

~

IC: Rotor - Villain Friend Ship

Having been caught up in his game, he hadn't paid much attention to Thak. The awkward silence was lingering, though, so he decided to try conversation. "Hey, buddy. Why'd you stay behind? Not like we needed an alibi; if Heroes think we were here, they're probably gonna have a solid reason for that, so's an excuse probably won't cut it with them. So, what's up with you? Stage fright?"

~

IC: Ken Render and Mara Quiver - Mekron City Police Station

"Guess we're stayin'," Render shrugged to Quiver. He said to Stringer and Stormer, "I don't like th' look'a this. Seems more suspicious than a steel wolf wearin' gravity boots. We'd best be on high alert for another attack, just in case, pardner."

He sighed, "Because I was s'posed to be part of its crew." 

"Part of...? Ohh..." Blink stopped tugging on Sodden Heap's arm while the information sunk in. 

"So," she licked her lips. "So you know what happened to it? Is that why you're trying to drown yourself in here?"