HF RPG 2.5

FallenCor

GM IC: Investigator - Dock.

The unfortunate individual that Flames had approached reeled back with a wince, audio receptors in momentary agony from the unexpected close-range shouting. "Ow... I mean, uh, hi, hero. Everything's going... fine, I guess?" 

GM IC: Sodden Heap - Rusty Jug. 

"I had nothin' to do with it," he protested, pulling away from the pair and beginning to back towards the door, "You gotta believe me!" 

GM IC: Stormer - Mekron City.

After sending Jade the coordinates of where he estimated the villains to have initially struck, he turned to the other heroes. "Stringer, see if Drax'll be willing to talk to you," the police chief was still glaring angrily in Stormer's direction, "The rest of you, either stay here and take up defensive positions, or..." he powered up his weapon, "...come with me, and help cuff these villains." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Mara Quiver and Ken Render - Mekron CIty Police Department

"U-Um..." Quiver glanced in the direction everyone else had already left in. "S-S-Sir? R-R-Ruh-Render already s-said that."

"Durn tootin'." Render gave Stormer a worried look. "Y'all feelin' all right, pardner? Th' others already up 'n left t' cuff villains. We're here fer th' defensive position part."

~

IC: Timothy Gyro - Antropolis

"Hey, whoa there, buddy." He raised his hands in a placating manner. "We ain't accusing you, okay? I believe you. If you'd done something, you wouldn't be here, around the docks where you'd know people would be looking into it. It doesn't make sense, right? We just want to know what you know about it."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Los Tres Amigos

Captor stepped forward. "Alright, I'm gonna go help Stormer out. You guys stay here and help with the... defensive position." Titanos nodded, and Nimius simply huffed. He refrained from looking in Quiver's direction.

IC: Whirl

It seemed that his lead had been fruitful after all. Here he was, up on the roof of a building, having just earlier seen the Rotor copy enter that Rusty Jug bar, and he was ready to jump him whenever he'd exit the bar again. He decided to send an encrypted signal to his masters back on the homeworld.

Whirl_1: Target_3 within reach

Whirl_1: Shall I engage or leave it until Target_1 and Target_2 have been captured?

Edited by Oko the Matoran

The unfortunate individual that Flames had approached reeled back with a wince, audio receptors in momentary agony from the unexpected close-range shouting. "Ow... I mean, uh, hi, hero. Everything's going... fine, I guess?" 

IC: Flynn Flames

OOPS, might have been a bit loud. 

"GOOD I ... oh! sorry about the volume,  I was wondering if any information had been uncovered in the dock itself yet? I was wondering if there was a way someone could have snuck into or planted a device on the the Starwhale while it was docked"

IC: Blink - The Rusty Jug

For the record, Blink didn't believe Sodden Heap one bit. Most normal bots didn't hide when their ship took off and then down several gallons of RoboJolt in a shady backwater place like this when they were totally innocent.

She was still tugging him slightly towards the door, but Rotor was no longer helping and Heap just sort of sagged on the floor.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

"Look, it's a public dock. A whole bunch of different ships used it today, and lots of people were working on those ships. It's impossible to be sure."

"I don't know anythin'!" He protested, still half-heartedly trying to back towards the door. "I had nothin' to do wit what happened." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Flynn Flames - Starwhale Dock

"I'm not asking for the hard evidence, I'm asking if you have identified any ways a villain could have made their way past whatever security the Starwhale had while docked, if we know if it is possible or not to get past security we can open or close a path in the investigation"

Edited by The Invisible Noob

OOC: Rylinth, Sodden Heap Friend pushed away from Blink and GyRotor, so that's why GyRotor is no longer helping- he's not there. You don't have to edit or anything if you don't want, just wanted to clarify that he didn't just drop the poor guy.

IC: Timothy Gyro - Rusty Jug

"Sure you didn't," he said, stepping towards the being. "Ain't nobody accusing you here. We just wanna know what happened so we can help your buddies on the ship. They're in danger, aren't they? We just wanna help."

~

IC: The Collective - Capone

Whirl's message was received, and after some deliberation a message was returned.

Capture of Target_3 was only to be attempted if there were no witnesses to the capture and transport; they did not need Hero Factory hearing word of it and finding it reason to delve into their business. Utmost care would have to be taken to ensure it did not attempt to call for help or any nonsense like that.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

OOC: Yeah, I got that. Blink just likes pulling him around.  :P

"Nothing to do with what happened, eh? And what exactly did happen? You seem awfully nervous for someone who doesn't know anything at all."

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Investigator - Dock.

"I... didn't I just..." his visual receptors blinked on and off a few times, as he tried to make sense of the question, "...it's like I said, this is a frequently used dock. There are a lot of ships and crewmen who come in and out of here, even today alone. It could take us days to turn up anything, given all of the variables we have to take into consideration."

IC: Sodden Heap - Rusty Jug. 

"I don't know what happened!" He protested, "And why wouldn't I be nervous? The ship I was supposed to be on vanished, and now strangers are creeping around looking for me." 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Well he was misinterpreting my question, but it's also pretty clear that nothing has turned up yet. Feeling slightly defeated I decided to leave. "Well thank you for your time, c'mon Cobra let's go ..."

Wait ... there was one line of enquiry I had left. I turned back to the investigator.

"Actually one last question, which other people have you met that showed a shown a keen interest in the star whales disappearance? Did any of them stand out?"

IC: Investigator - Dock.

"I... I already..." he flinched nervously, "...I told you, there's been... a lot..." he twitched, a small spurt of sparks exploding from one of his audio receptors, "...a lot off..." more sparks flew, and then he toppled forwards, clanking to the floor. 

I froze for a moment shocked as the investigator toppled over. Either he had been overworked, or someone was supplying sub standard parts for bot's, or something much more sinister was going on. As a hero it was my duty to check, but I didn't have that much experience. "Cobra can you come here? This guy's just collapsed!" 

OOC: Sorry for being inactive.  Finals just ended so I should be good now.

IC: Morphos

The shapeshifter debated his options.  If he went for the operators he would have to deal with three victims, and that could get out of hand.  They also might not have access to past records, which was what Morphos was looking for.  The two desk workers would be easier to grab, and they would have access to what he needed.  As they approached, he commed Xplode and asked, "Will you be able to get the information we need where you are?  I might have a way to get it, but it could end very badly with such little planning."

IC: Cobra Shard - Murderer

"We... we killed him!" Shard gasped.

Blink felt a bit bad for pushing Sodden Heap so much, but it still seemed to her like he was hiding something. Whether that be the Starwhale's fate or something entirely different she had no idea.

"Well if you really can't tell us what happened to it, then what can you tell us? Cargo? Where we might find it now? Anything?"

Wait? Did he die from overworking? Were my questions the final straw that broke him? No, robot's whom I assume are in the force should not be this fragile. Whatever it was Cobra probably didn't know, but neither did I. I leaned over to check his damaged area's, not entirely sure of what I was looking at.

"I don't think he's dead ... he collapsed after I asked him who else was interested in the star whale"

"If... if I tell ya what I know..." His eyes flitted nervously between Blink and Gyro, "You gotta give me one of them... you know, thingies... where I get let off for what I done. Heroes can do that, right?" 

GM IC: Flynn Flames - Dock.

If he looked closely, Flynn would find that a section of paneling on the back of the fallen robot's head had broken loose, revealing the mess of scrambled wires and fragmented circuitry within. A more tech-savvy hero, one with a greater familiarity with the interior design of standard civilian models, would likely recognise that several non-standard chips had been grafted over the existing ones.

In essence, the civilian actually was dead. Someone had, rather unceremoniously, yanked open their head casing, pulled out a bunch of the internal components, and replaced them with a simple programming dialogue designed to discourage anyone who came asking after the Sky Whale. It was the work of a skilled professional, but done in a rush, with access to only cheap materials, hence why the puppet had eventually broken down, mere hours after the murder had taken place. 

Of course, even if Flynn couldn't piece together all of this information, there was one simple fact that hopefully wouldn't elude him: the thieves had been active on Antropolis, and taken steps to cover their tracks. From there, he and his companions would have to draw their own conclusions... 

I turned the investigator over to examine his back, maybe there were some clues on his back, I noticed the broken panel dislodge from the robot's head and what was within ...

"My stars ... "

Ok, keep calm Flynn. From what I can see inside the robot's head, he was dead and must have been for a while. How had he been talking to me then? Was ... did someone do something to him. Why just tamper with this investigator? A hero could talk to any number of ... oh no.

"Cobra, we need to carefully check the other people at the dock, I'll contact Zib"

I said, reaching to my communicator.

IC: XPlode - Office

XPlode paused in his searching to take the call. "Depends on what information you mean, friend. We have found some interesting leads. I would recommend against causing a scene. We are trying to slip in and out of here without causing a commotion."

~

IC: Timothy Gyro - Uh

"Uh," he said, to delay for time. He honestly had no idea if he could do that. He was no rookie, sure, but somehow this particular detail escaped him. He knew, at the very least, not just any Hero could let a potential crook off the hook. He realised that rhymed, and realised a moment later that the mental time he spent giggling at the fact ate up any time for actually making a decision. It was now or never.

"Well, I know some guys higher up, and they'll be able to work something out with you," he said. "And in a case like this, really, you're helping us, right? Can't be too hard to let you off the hook if you end up finding this big lost ship and saving a bunch of people."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Sapphire

Flipping a car here, tripping a passerby there, damaging public property over there. Sapphire was on a roll. It was then that she noticed something in the air heading for her. "A hero? Thinking she can take on me?! Challenge accepted!!!" She began running away. "LET'S SEE YOU CATCH UP WITH ME, HERO!!!"

IC Kat:

I raised a metal eyebrow. This bot was fast, sure.

She was also a menace.

but...... 

I flipped my helmet cam to record.

Matching her speed wasn't the issue, but actually catching her without doing damage to surrounding structures? Now that's would be quite the trick.

I veered off, rushing between buildings fast enough to rattle windows. I had to maintain a certain elevation in the middle of the city, else I'd cause damage from the backdraft following in my wake. Not much damage at this speed, but we didn't need any more bad press at this point.

I had to lure her somewhere more open.

So I pressed on a little faster, maintaining an easy tail above and slightly behind her.

And despite myself, a grin snuck its way on to my face.

IC: Morphos

"I should be able to get into the control tower without too much difficulty.  The hard part will be getting the key card card and finding a terminal I can access.  I'd bet that they're all password protected.  So far getting in requires incapacitating one of the workers and getting their terminal passcode.  If we don't want a scene then I'll let you do your bit first and it that doesn't get you anywhere I'll try my way if I see an opening."

IC: Ruby and Night Stalker

Ruby, running just behind Gorn, rounded the corner and saw two villains.  One was easily recognizable as Corroder, while the other was a towering hunk of armor carrying a massive warhammer.  

Night Stalker saw them with his radar and turned around, immediately firing a few gas bombs and energy blasts at the group while shouting to Corroder, "Heroes are here!"  Then he noticed Gorn.  "YOU!" he bellowed and increased his fire rate

When the Titan roared, Ruby raised her sniper scythe and opened fire on him.

Edited by Vestak

IC: Cobra Shard - Not Guilty

"I..." Shard gulped to clear his respiratory system. "I... yeah, let's do that." He was still pretty shaken that the guy had just fallen over like that.

I hate Antropolis.

IC: Blink - The Rusty Jug

Man, Rotor was good. If she'd been posing as a Hero, she'd probably've slipped up ages ago. It was beginning to make her genuinely sorry she'd called him a henchman.

"So, what do you say pal?she asked Sodden Heap. "You gonna help us or what?"

"Okay, look. These... people... approached me. They paid me a whole lotta money to cut and run... one of 'em wanted to use my quarters on the Skywhale as a hidin' place." 

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Mekron

Gorn immediately activated his shield upon rounding the corner, which resulted in Night Stalker's shots ricocheting off of it's surface and flying off in various directions. He instantly recognized the one who had fired them.

"I... told them what would happen... I TOLD them... They didn't listen, and now we're here..."

Gorn remembered that fateful day six months ago, where he had predicted this exact event occurring. The others had refused to let him kill Night Stalker when he had the chance, and now innocent civilians were paying for it with their lives. Despite that, Gorn had no intention of killing him this time, either. No, he was going to drag Night Stalker back to the police station alive, then explain to Chief Drax why this villain in particular was able to attack his beloved city...

Six months ago, Gorn had been angrier than he had been in decades. As such, he had decided to use the brilliant strategy of trying to take down someone twice his size with brute force. If it hadn't been for Saracen Rune, there was a good chance that he would have died that day. Now, however, it was different. Today, Gorn was motivated by a desire for justice, rather than vengeance or a love for combat. Today, he was prepared to use any advantage he had in order to win this fight, dishonorable or not. This terrorist needed to face justice. And if that was to happen, then that gun needed to go.

"Ruby, aim for his arm!"

Gorn hoped that, with luck, one of Ruby's bullets would rupture one of Night Stalker's gas bombs, eating away the arm from the inside-out.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

GM IC: Corroder - Mekron. 

Right on cue... the Heroes had arrived.

Hissing softly, Corroder clambered up onto a low rooftop, and fired a steaming gobbet of acid down towards Ruby and Gorn. 

IC: Ruby and Night Stalker

Ruby figured Gorn meant the arm that was shooting at them, so she shifted fire from his joints to his gun.  She aimed for the part shooting energy blasts, because that might explode and damage the arm.

It had been a mistake on the heroes' part to bring Gorn.  Night Stalker remembered all too well the way it felt to be sliced up, and he could say that without a doubt that had the worst experience of his life.  As much as Night Stalker had wanted to help the heroes, the sight of Gorn threw that out the window.  He began backing up towards cover, trying to formulate a plan that involved him beating Gorn within an inch of death when the red hero started shooting his gun arm.  While his armor was thick, sniper fire to his gun would not end well.  He turned and ran behind a large truck someone had left behind in their efforts to get away from the villains.  He commed Corroder and said, "You won't get through that shield with just acid.  See if you can get at the ground beneath them."  Night Stalker blasted the ground beside him a few times, wondering if there was enough room beneath the street for him to get at them from below as well.

OOC: Going away for the weekend so don't expect to see me till tuesday.

IC: Flynn Flames - Starwhale Dock

After carefully taking a photos of the inspector, including his damaged insides. The look on that inspectors face will haunt me for weeks, I quickly sent three messages, one to zib

"Zib, I need the tech department to take a look at these attached files. They're of a civilian who should have died some time ago, but was still able to stand up and give basic responses somehow. Can the technical team identify who made the chips implanted in his head?

--Flynn Flames"

One to the Antropolis hero team.

"Just found a murder victim, a local inspector at the Starwhales dock, I suspect whoever robbed the star whale was on Antropolis

--Flynn Flames"

And one final message to local law enforcement, notifying them of the murder of one of their people and asking if they could identify the late inspector, or

"Dear Antropolis police

I regret to inform you that one of your inspectors has been killed and something was implanted in his head. I'm sending photo's of him and the fatal wound, can you identify who he was and what circuitry was place in him? It seems he had been standing and talking for some time after his murder but I can not identify how.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss

Hero Facory Hero, Flynn Flames"

IC: XPlode - Office

"Of course we don't want a scene," XPlode frowned, absently rattling at the locked drawer on the desk. "That's the whole point, chum. In and out, no attention drawn. Why, if we were to cause a scene, the Heroes would be on our tails in an instant!"

~

IC: Timothy Gyro - With New Friends

This was big. He said quickly, "Can you describe these guys? What models were they? Names, maybe? Any mention of where they were headed?"

GM IC: Zib - Hero Factory, Mission Control. 

Upon receiving Flames' message, Zib was quick to relay the text and imagery to Silphi. 

GM IC: Nex and co. - Antropolis, Control Tower.

While the rest of the Antropolis heroes had been doing their investigating, Nex, Bliss, and the other heroes with them hadn't found much. They'd found a heavily redacted cargo manifest, and a memo about a missing crew member, but not much else.

That was, until Bliss happened across a recent email that had been accidentally diverted into someone's spam folder. The message warned about a pirate group that was active in a system near Mekron City... a system that just so happened to lie right in the flight path of one very specific ship... The Star Whale. 

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Control Tower

"Hey Nex, I think I've got something," he looked over the email again to make sure it said what it did and then showed it to the Alpha Hero. "Pirates."

Flames' message registered in his HUD with a *ding* and he opened it quickly. "Are you getting this too? Someone's been killed!"

Good, it seems everyone got the messages. With new resolve I decided to re-check the dock again while I waited for more information to get back.

I was not sure if I could trust any of the inspectors around me to even be alive, I was anxious to know what Cobra would find.

Still, after making sure the late inspector was cordoned off, I made my way to where the starwhale had been, on my HUD I brought up images of when the ship had been docked and mentally tried to figure out what I could be missing.

What secret lies hidden here that's worth killing someone over?

IC: Mona Silphi - Hero Factory, Actually Doing Something In The RPG For Once

Silphi was tending to her beetles when she received the message from Zib. She quickly finished feeding her pets before moving to her console proper to review the images.

They were not from any professional forensic photographer, but they would do. She set to work with her image programs, searching for serial numbers or any identifiable design features on the chips, as well as any other information she could glean, such as the assumed skill level needed for the job. From a glance, she could tell that this was no skilled, deft-handed surgeon, but doing such a thing would require at least basic skills regarding this model of robot.

IC: ???

A shadowy figure lurked high up on one of the rooftops opposite to the Rusty Jug. Mechanisms clicked into place as the individual assembled their rifle, adjusted the scope, and then looked through it. Slowly they moved their view down onto their target. A sodden heap hiding in a bar, drinking their sorrows away. Right now their target was standing near the exit, well in view. It was a simple job, really. The figure aimed their rifle carefully, lining it up with the head while taking into account variables such as wind and minor course changes when going through glass, and then, they squeezed the trigger.

GM IC: Nex - Control Tower.

"Hm..." the Alpha Hero frowned, weighing up his options, "...I think it's time for us to regroup." He finally said, secretly filled with bitter disappointment at the realisation he probably wasn't going to wind up adding anyone on Herobook today...

"It was all done anonymously," he stammered, "messages and dead drops." He dug into his pocket, pulling out a communication's tablet, "Maybe you guys can trace the IP or somethi-" the assassin's round exploded through the pane behind him. An instant later, the bullet, distended by the impact, smacked into the back of his head - as was the case with most humanoid beings, the bone at the back of his skull was comparatively thin and brittle, offering little resistance to the powerful bullet - a perfect killshot. 

The body of "sodden heap", his name forever unknown, dropped to the floor in a shower of tinkling glass shards. 

IC Kat:

I followed along for a while, if this bot wanted to go to the outskirts, I wasn't about to stop them. More space meant I could cut loose a little.

At a suitable time I did just that, blasting forward, and landing neatly a short way in front of the blue menace.

I extended a hand, palm out, in a classic 'stop' gesture.

It glowed faintly with plasma to reinforce the point.

IC: Sapphire

Sapphire came to a screeching halt, hurling up dust and smoke as her momentum scraped her feet against the street she'd been running on. She was mortified. She'd given it her all and yet here this hero was, faster than the best she had. "Y-you cheated!" Sapphire looked at Kat with disbelief. This hero had cut her off like it was nothing. She was better...

Letting out an angry cry, Sapphire speedily charged at Kat and tried to punch her.

IC: Timothy Gyro - Murder Scene

It was over in an instant. He had reached out and gripped the tablet, and thus was treated to a front-row seat to an explosion of organic gore. He blinked, shocked and rattled, but forced himself to remain calm. He turned to his companion.

"Take care of this guy," he said, striding for the door. "Get an ambulance or something, I dunno, I'll try and find the shooter."

Outside, he jumped from a running start and took off with a loud roar from his spinning blades. Bulk was nearby last he saw, but he might have moved on, and he couldn't see the two rookies anywhere close by. He would have to trail this guy alone.

In his shock and reflexive action, he'd momentarily forgotten to call in, and hastily alerted the other Heroes with a simple ping and short note about a sniper in the area. He did, however, have the presence of mind to shove the tablet in his pack as he did an aerial search, though he had a terrible gut feeling the shooter was long gone.