HF RPG 2.5

FallenCor

GM IC: Bulk - Antropolis Spaceport.

Even over the din of the crowds and roar of passing spaceships, the crack of the sniper's gunshot still rose above it. Moments later, Gyro's ping followed. Bulk keyed his comms as he took off in the direction of the noise, "Watch your backs, heroes, and converge on Gyro's location." He knew that gathering all of the heroes in one spot was risky, but it was better than leaving them scattered across the city centre to be picked off one by one. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Mekron City

With Night Stalker having taken cover for the time being, Gorn was safe to turn and expand his shield in order to protect himself and Ruby from Corroder's acid spray. If they were going to succeed, they would have to fight strategically.

"We should try and spread out, make them keep track of multiple targets. The titan's got a radar in his helmet, but he also has terrible reflexes. I'd imagine he'd have quite a bit of trouble fighting two of us a once, but that would leave Corroder unaccounted for..."

Gorn thought for a moment, suddenly realizing that they were one hero short.

"Wait, where's the other guy? Barrier was his name, wasn't it?"

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC Jade:

Gunship 419 showed on scene, hovering like a very large and angry hummingbird over the battle.

Inside, Jade groaned. Not only was it Gorn down there, but -Corroder- too?!

"I am never gonna keep this girl in one piece she muttered, sending a few warning shots past Corroder to get her attention off the Heroes.

IC: FLynn Flames

I noticed the buzzers, the first was Gyro telling me there was a sniper in the area and the second was Bulk telling me I had to go to Gyro. Just as I was about to start investigating. Checking Gyro's Location, I called to Cobra.

"Hey Cobra are you done yet? We have to go to Gyro ASAP!"

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Control Tower

Bliss glanced at Nex. "First Flames' dead body find and now this? I think we're on the right track."

He started heading back towards the control tower door. If there was a sniper on the loose, they'd need to move fast.

IC: Blink - Doing Her Name Justice

Blink did nothing but sit there... well... blinking for a few seconds, utterly stunned. Rotor kept his wits however, and quickly took off, telling her to stay with the dead guy? Why stay with the dead guy?

She took off running after Rotor, pulling her bag from her shoulder and snapping her rifle together as she moved.

IC: Cobra Shard - Antropolis Sucks

"Yeah, I'm good; let's go!" he started running towards Gyro's ping.

OOC: Just realized there's quite a lot of running in this post...

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Night Stalker

The street was well built, designed to hold up all the vehicles traversing it constantly.  However that did not make it a match for Night Stalker's massive strength.  He managed to bust through it quickly and found manypipes and structural supports, but not enough to slow his movement.  He fired more gas bombs at the heroes and switched out that magazine.  He needed a noisy distraction if he was going to get beneath the heroes, and here was one conveniently in front of him.  

Since the truck used anti-gravs and the driver hadn't bothered to turn it off in his haste to leave, it was still floating.  Another bonus of anti-gravs was that when no one is at the controls, they could be pushed any which way.  Night Stalker commed Corroder as he backed up a step.  "I'm going to hit them with the truck, then come up under them from beneath the street.  The truck should keep their attention, need to keep that gunship's attention.  I don't want it alerting these heroes."

Confident Corroder would do as he asked, he swung his hammer into the side of the truck.  The large vehicle, now with a massive crater in the side and bent at an angle, hurtled towards the trio of heroes.

IC: Ruby

"Bad reflexes you say?" Ruby says as a mischievous grin crosses her face.  "Did I mention the part where I can operate at over twice the speed of standard heroes?  If his reflexes are as bad as you make them out to be I should be able to take him.  Barrier, if you give me cover fire Gorn can take on Corroder with his shield."  She whips her head around as she hears a loud crash and sees the truck hurtling towards them.  She activates her speed, dashing out of the way.  The crimson hero assumes Gorn's shield will hold against the truck, and that the Titan will be following it closely.  Her sniper rifle is already loaded and she's ready to fire once the titan is in her sights, which, with his size and her speed, should be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Edited by Vestak

OOC: Running's a lot is what Heroes do. Saving people is a close second.

IC: Flynn Flames

I followed Cobra, quickly catching up to him as we made our way out of the Starwhales dock. Still I was worried, someone murderous was on the loose and I had no idea what further brutality I would witness on this mission.

OOC: Night Stalker's post is nulled. Sorry, Vestak, but he's busting a hole in the ground, turning to Corroder, saying "I am going to do this thing", pushing a truck towards the Heroes, apparently tunnelling through the ground (I understand he's tearing up the ground but I'm not too sure about there being a big open space right under the road like that? But that's a moot point as the main issue here is all the actions in the post), running through these tunnels, reappearing under the Heroes, and then shooting and swinging a hammer at the same time. This all was done assuming that none of the characters present reacted to any of these events except the last one, or reacted to them in a way that the players of these characters might not agree with (someone might have jumped the truck and gone after Night Stalker, for example). It's just too many actions in one post, and doesn't give reasonable time to react.

Barrier and Ruby have responded, but Barrier's post is vague enough to either not need editing or be easy enough to edit, and of course Ruby is in the same post as Night Stalker's IC.

If you have any concerns, want a clarification, or feel like I've made an error, feel free to ask in the discussion topic and I or one of the other GMs will do our best to make sure things are set right. But yeah, until we sort this out, it's nulled.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

OOC: Night Stalker's post is nulled. Sorry, Vestak, but he's busting a hole in the ground, turning to Corroder, saying "I am going to do this thing", pushing a truck towards the Heroes, apparently tunnelling through the ground (I understand he's tearing up the ground but I'm not too sure about there being a big open space right under the road like that? But that's a moot point as the main issue here is all the actions in the post), running through these tunnels, reappearing under the Heroes, and then shooting and swinging a hammer at the same time. This all was done assuming that none of the characters present reacted to any of these events except the last one, or reacted to them in a way that the players of these characters might not agree with (someone might have jumped the truck and gone after Night Stalker, for example). It's just too many actions in one post, and doesn't give reasonable time to react.

Barrier and Ruby have responded, but Barrier's post is vague enough to either not need editing or be easy enough to edit, and of course Ruby is in the same post as Night Stalker's IC.

If you have any concerns, want a clarification, or feel like I've made an error, feel free to ask in the discussion topic and I or one of the other GMs will do our best to make sure things are set right. But yeah, until we sort this out, it's nulled.

OOC: I understand.  Would it work to edit out the part after he hits the truck?

As for the road, I imagine that Mekron being the metropolis that it is, would have lots of utilities that would be delivered underground to keep them out of the way.  These would need to be maintained so it would seem necessary that there be enough area for robots to work.  I'm kind of thinking along the lines of how our streets have manhole covers to access the sewers, but with differences obviously.

Edited by Vestak

OOC: I apologize for the delay.

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Mekron

Gorn took a step forward, shrinking his shield somewhat in order to increase it's strength. The shield absorbed most of the force behind the truck, resulting in it bouncing off and sliding back in Night Stalker's general direction, before coming to a stop about halfway between him and the heroes. The impact knocked Gorn over and back several feet. He didn't stay down for long, however, as he quickly rose and began making a mad dash for the building Corroder was perched on top of, hoping to get there while she was still distracted by the gunship.

IC: Jason Ferro- Antropolis

Ferro received Bulk's message, and his imagination immediately began to run wild. Was Gyro in trouble? Who had attacked him? Could it be the beasts being controlled by the brains again? Or maybe it was a villain, like Voltix? Or Toxic Reapa, maybe? It could even be Jawblade, seeing as Antropolis had plenty of water...

There was no time to waste! Whatever was attacking Gyro, he was going to make sure that it left the planet in cuffs. He began sprinting to the orange hero's location, fully prepared to save the day.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

GM IC: Corroder - Mekron City Brawl.

Taking fire from above, Corroder scrambled for cover, weighing up her options. The gunship was firing at her from above the rooftops, and the heroes were down on the ground, at least one of whom looked to be running directly towards the building upon which Corroder was sheltering. 

Having no way to properly combat the dropship, Corroder leaped from the building, blasting its outer wall with a fine spray of acid, weakening the surface enough for her to dig her claws into it, slowing her fall. Once safely on the ground, she started moving towards the group of heroes, safe in the knowledge that the pilot above couldn't risk shooting her once the other heroes were in the firing line. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Antropolis Fiasco 2.0

After exiting the control tower, Bliss analysed the terrain. The streets would take too long at this hour of the day, so he'd have to stick to rooftops wherever possible. A jump and a blast from his wingpack and he was airborne, already covering the distance to Gyro's ping at a fair speed.

IC: Cobra Shard - Running

Shard was still running, but the streets were crowded and confusingly set up. Without his navigation systems guiding him, he would have quickly become lost.

IC: Blink - Also Running

"Hey, wait up!" she called after "Rotor" as she neared, clicking the last fastener on her gun. 

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

Seeing as Corroder had jumped down to engage the heroes, Gorn brought his charge to a halt. He stood before her, sword activated and shield at the ready. He was confident in his ability to best Corroder, but that was no reason to throw caution to the wind.

"We can do this the easy way, or we can do this the fun way. The choice is yours."

IC: ???

The assailant had done many jobs in the past. They'd assassinated quite a few leaders of government, stolen precious cargo for some shady individuals, and most important of all, they'd always gotten away. And they'd get away now as well. First thing you need to learn as a professional sniper assassin is how to assemble and disassemble your rifle in as short a time as possible. Considering how long they'd been at this, it was no surprise that it took almost no time at all for the assassin to disassemble their rifle, get it in the case, and haul it onto their shoulders.

Not a moment later, and they'd already moved on to their pre-determine escape route, a leap off of the roof, opposite side to the one facing the crime scene, and then a graceful glide in through the window of the building opposite. A well executed tumble, a quick standing up, and they were once more off, quickly finding their way through the empty building before coming out on the other side, now with two buildings between themselves and the crime scene. They looked around, noticing a subway station. Swiftly as ever, they made their way down there.

Edited by Oko the Matoran

"Surely those are the same thing?" She hissed, the incoming fire from the gunship forcing her to confront Gorn instead of the larger group of heroes, "Beating you will be both easy and fun."

IC: Timothy Gyro - In Hot Pursuit

In the air, he caught a glimpse of the fleeing figure and headed full speed for them, blades roaring. "Stop right there!"

When they disappeared into the subway, he stopped his blades spinning and slapped them together, straight down, to dive into the subway after them, where he followed on foot. "Hey, you! Stop!"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

"The implication was that the "easy" way is easy for you, and the "fun" way is fun for ME. However, if you enjoy the feeling of plasma cutting through your chassis, then I suppose there is nothing preventing you from enjoying it as well."

Edited by Klanadack

The green-hued villain didn't respond, instead bringing up her meteor blaster and firing it towards Gorn's sword hand. She was curious to see how well he fared without the weapon he was so eagerly bragging about. 

IC: Flynn Flames - Antropolis streets

I noticed Gyro's signal was entering the subway. An aerial bot like him would never enjoy the underground at speed unless he had to. That meant the assassin was there. Adjusting my route and hoping Cobra was still following me, I jumped into the nearest subway entrance.

Just maybe I could cut the assassin off.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

IC: Cobra Shard - Still Running

Into the subway, eh? Well, it's not where he would've preferred to go, but Gyro was also heading down there, so he supposed it couldn't be helped. With a quick spray of coolant from the Splinter Cannon, he coated one of railings down the stairwell with slick frost and leaped onto it, adopting a cool surfing pose as he flew down before face planting into a wall.

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Antropolis Rooftops

Bliss was getting closer to Gyro's signal, but it was taking him a while, even with all the super parkour.

IC: Blink - Antropolis Subway

"Rotor" did an awesome dive into the subway, so Blink followed, huffing and puffing, into the tunnels.

IC: ???

By the time Tim had made it into the subway, the cloaked assailant had already blended into the crowd. At least, that's how it seemed. Really, they had boarded one of the trains, which at this very moment whizzed off, delivering the assassin off to a location unknown to their pursuers.

Considering his reflexes and the fact that meteor blasters telegraph their shots, Gorn was able to pull his arm back and reposition his shield in time for the blast to be deflected off of it, sending it flying over Corroder's head and into the side of the building behind her.

Gorn lunged forward, pushing his shield into Corroder's faceplate and extending his blade in order to swipe underneath the shield and at the acid nozzles on the ends of Corroder's claw, to prevent her from spraying acid with it.

OOC: In the show, the ends of the meteor blasters glow for about a half second before they actually fire. I'm also assuming that Corroder is standing on all fours, as she usually does.

IC: Jason Ferro- Late to the party

Noticing that Gyro's signal was now in the subway, Ferro tried to look down a stairwell to see if he could spot the orange hero, or possibly whomever they were chasing. His mistake was using the railing to brace himself, as the ice covering it caused him to slip and hit his head, denting his helmet. Once he made his way to the bottom, he noticed another hero who also seemed to have fallen prey to the frozen railing. Silently, he vowed to avenge their injured pride by bringing in the villain who had iced the railing. He continued running after Gyro's signal, his desire for justice fueling him more than the charge in his core ever could.

• Upvote 1

GM IC: Corroder/Stormer - Mekron City Brawl.

Corroder scrambled backwards, edging away from the energised blade. A hero who wielded a deadly killing tool instead of cuffs... this wasn't going to be as easy as she'd though...

Stormer, meanwhile, had finally caught up to the rest of the heroes, and, with Gorn already engaging Corroder, he joined Barrier and Ruby in laying down cover fire against the much bigger and more dangerous Night Stalker.

IC: Timothy Gyro - Subway

"Hey!"

He spotted them hurrying through the crowd and shoved after them, his greater size and strength allowing him to wade reasonably fast. He had almost reached them... almost... he could almost grab their elbow...

The train doors slammed closed, just in front of his hand, and the train sped away into the darkness.

He snarled, slamming his fist sideways into a column and denting the column's metal. The murderer got away. He strode back through the crowd, sending out the alert: the villain had climbed on board a train, which had left. The search here was off.

He was so mad with himself. He hadn't been able to catch them, but the footage from his headset could be analysed and put into the system. Maybe the police force on the planet could stop their train, with the train number and all. He doubted they- or he- could do much about it, though. The situation really sucked.

And he was underground. He hadn't even thought about that until now. He pushed back towards the surface through a different exit, annoyed with himself.

~

IC: Rotor - Meanwhile

Rotor was mid-flick in a game of Disgruntled Drones when the 'Low Power' signal flashed on his screen. He grumbled about poor battery life, pulling open compartments, until remembering he must have left the charger at their hideout. He swore and roughly yanked himself to his feet. XPlode had said not to leave, sure, but ducking down alleys and getting a charger from some hokey place with easily avoided cameras wouldn't be too hard.

His blades were an issue. He grabbed a tarp and draped it loosely around them before donning a cloak. At a glance, it'd look like he was carrying something over his shoulders. Maybe. Wouldn't hold well to scrutiny or someone touching it, but he was looking to avoid any observer other than a bored cashier or uncaring customer. If that. Being caught shoplifting brought attention he didn't want, but if he could do it without getting caught, he saw no reason to bother paying for it.

He flicked his hood up and said to his mostly silent companion, "I'm headin' out. Hold th' fort for me."

He shoved his tablet in his subspace and walked out, draping an arm over the top of his blades to add to the disguise. Even so, he stuck to shady alleyways, keeping under roof cover even then.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

I decided I'd have to leave Cobra face planted in the ground if I was ever going to catch up with the assassin. Yet as I headed further into the station I noticed a rather disgruntled Gyro was heading back out. In spite of his mood I was eager to know what was going on so I called to him.

"HEY! DID YOU GET THE ASSASSIN?"

At Flames' yell, Gyro inwardly scowled. He didn't want to be rude to the guy, he didn't mean anything by it, but he wasn't in the best of moods after letting a murderer get away.

"What do you think?" he snapped back, a little harsher than he meant to say it. "And stop yelling that stuff across the station, ya goose!"

Around him, people were glancing between the two with confused, worried expressions. One nearby audibly whispered to their friend, "Is this performance art?"

Ooops. Guess not. Prolly shouldn't have called Tim from across the room either ...

Glancing back to make sure Cobra was okay, he was, I followed Gyro out of the subway. This time talking to him at normal talking volume and distance. "So what happened?"

Edited by The Invisible Noob

"They got on the train. I nearly had them, but the train left." He sighed. "Look, I'm sorry about sounding mad, buddy. It's not about you. Just... doesn't feel good, you know?"

IC: Cobra Shard - Face Planted

Shard painfully climbed to his feet and followed the other Heroes out of the subway, gingerly fingering the brand new cracks spider-webbing his visor. He glanced at the frozen railing as he exited the tunnel and muttered, "Don't try this at home, kids."

IC: Blink - Subway

Blast! She'd lost "Rotor" in the crowd. Likely he'd caught the gunman and pulled them out through a different exit without waiting for her. She looked around for them, but between being too short to see over the heads of the crowd and the looks her rifle and sword were drawing, she decided to just leave and look for him on the streets. At the top of the stairs, however, she quickly changed her mind and ducked back in to the subway as an unmistakable figure flew over her head and landed not and arm's reach away. Golden armor, goofy-lookin' wings, a shiny sword... no doubt about it: this guy was a Hero. She waited until he'd looked around for a second and run off before cautiously exiting the tunnel.

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Antropolis Streets

Bliss touched down near a subway entrance and looked around for a second. Gyro had already left the tunnels. He followed the other Hero's marker until he found him, surrounded by a handful of others. He was about to ask if the assassin had been apprehended, but Gyro's slightly sour expression told him all he needed to know.

IC Flynn Flames: "We could get local law enforcement to track this perp by the subways security cameras?"

While I was mulling over the situation I noticed the cracks in Cobra's visor.

"OH! Erm ... sorry for leaving you behind Cobra ... are you okay?"

IC Kat:

She was successful, too, as I fell sideways...

Only to hover inches off the ground, one hand supporting my head, the other draped over my hip, cuffs still dangling from my grasp.

"You didn't really expect to get away with this right under our noses, did you?"