HF RPG 2.5

FallenCor

IC: Cobra Shard - Calling In The Cavalry

"Roger that," he pulled up the Antropolis Hero group chat and typed: hey guys we found gyro but hes with a bunch of villains can you all come over here so we can start hostage negotiations? -cool

He included his coordinates and marked the message "URGENT!!!" before sending.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

• 4 weeks later...

OOC: Sorry for the huge holdup! There's been a bit of reworking behind the scenes, and some issues with the mission. We're trying to get it sorted out, but we really appreciate the patience, so I'm going to get the ball rolling. Morphos has not returned to the ship, but he can timeskip in when he comes back.

IC: GyRotor and XPlode - Villain Friend Ship

XPlode had turned to ensure this fake Rotor wasn't setting up a beacon or anything when he saw something outside the front window. His eyes narrowed. It was someone on a nearby rooftop- maybe a Hero, or at the very least someone he did not want to hang around for.

"Let's go," he said, patting the back of the duplicate's chair. "Take us to those coordinates, Rotor."

"Aight," said the fake Rotor with impressive accuracy. He did as he was told, and XPlode sat back down as the doors closed. The real Rotor had replied to his message with an attempt at lying about being still on the ship, waiting for his return. He stifled a laugh, and replied with a quick, sneaky photo of himself with his new friend when he was sure neither Blink nor the HeRotor were looking.

He immediately received a reply.

~

IC: Rotor and XPlode - Exchanging Messages, In Spoiler Tags For Length

BoomerC4 has sent you a photo:

rushed_selfie_for_hf_rpg_resized.png

NotRotor: ?????????????????????????????

BoomerC4: What, isn't that you there?

NotRotor: ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

BoomerC4: Chum, didn't you just reassure me you were on the ship? I can't see anyone else here who would fit your description.

NotRotor: WHO THE HECK IS THAT AND WHY ARE THEY IN MY CHAIR WITH SOME KNOCKOFF FACEPLATES

BoomerC4: Well, provided it isn't you, from your tone, I would say it's someone who has done a very good job at looking like you. He has the blades and everything.

NotRotor: WHY THOUGH

BoomerC4: Search me. I believe, from the core of him, he's very... heroic.

BoomerC4: ... Chum?

NotRotor: ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

NotRotor: I GET IT BUT WHY

NotRotor: THAT KID'S TINY WHAT THE HECK IS HE PLAYING AT

NotRotor: HE BETTER NOT MESS WITH MY CHAIR I'VE GOT IT SET THE WAY I LIKE IT

BoomerC4: Tone down on the all-capitals, chum.

NotRotor: I CAN'T IT'S STUCK NOW I HIT THE BUTTON TOO HARD

BoomerC4: Well, in any case, we've had some issues and we are leaving now.

NotRotor: WHAT?????

BoomerC4: I need you to lie low here for a while. I'll see what I can do about getting you a ride home. Until then, keep out of sight.

NotRotor: NO JUST FLY OVER HERE I'LL JUST JUMP ON

NotRotor: I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS FOR THIS BOOTLEG CHUMP

BoomerC4: You'll have them answered in due time. But, we simply cannot wait, nor detour.

BoomerC4: Please, listen to me this time. Do not go running off. Stay put until I tell you where to go.

NotRotor: /->:C

NotRotor: FINE.

NotRotor: BUT YOU OWE ME

NotRotor: AND KEEP ME UP TO SPEED ON WHAT THE HECK THIS DINGUS IS PULLING

BoomerC4: Thank you. And, may I ask, what is that emoticon, there?

NotRotor: IT'S A FROWN YOU GOON

BoomerC4: I can see that. But what's the /-?

NotRotor: THOSE ARE MY BLADES

NotRotor: PRETTY COOL RIGHT

BoomerC4: No.

NotRotor: YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT'S COOL

NotRotor: ANYWAY I'LL GO FIND A HIDING SPOT I GUESS

NotRotor: BYE

BoomerC4: Goodbye, chum.

~

OOC: Do you know how long I have had this picture for, just in case I had to use it while I didn't have access to something to draw it with

I've been waiting to do this part for so long

~

IC: Dunkan Bulk and Julius Nex - Summoning The Heroes

Upon receiving Gyro's message, Bulk and Nex had deliberated and decided that the best course of action would be to head for the Starwhale, hopefully get there before the villains, and attempt to regroup with or rescue Gyro there. Attacking the villains now would only put the kid in more danger, since he was, according to the rookies currently watching the villains' ship, sitting inside what was essentially a tin can full of criminals.

"I'm just surprised they bought it," Nex said to Bulk as they hurried back towards the Hero ships. "Are villains getting stupider, or is it just me?"

Bulk finished sending a message to the other Heroes, sans Gyro, for them to return to the ships immediately. "I don't like it. There's some new faces, from what the kids were seeing, and maybe they're gullible enough to buy whatever excuse that Gyro kid offered. But they definitely saw XPlode, and he's not easy to fool like that. He and Rotor are near inseparable. Why is he playing along?"

Nex shrugged. "Like you said, we can't just barge in there. If we show up, all they'll have to do is level their weapons at him and they have a free head start on the Starwhale. I don't want to have to make that call, and I doubt you want to, either."

"I still don't like it," Bulk grumbled as they reached the ships. "I guess we just gotta hope the kid gets to the Starwhale in one piece."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Upvote 4

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Cobra Shard - Finally On the Move Again

Well blast, the villains were pulling out. And with Gyro still on board, too! Best get back to the ship and try for a rescue attempt later down the road. "C'mon, guys," he said, somewhat dejectedly to Flames and Ferro before starting to head back to where they'd landed.

IC: Blink - Villain Ship

Good, finally taking off. Loot was on the horizon!

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Definitely Not Forgotten =|

Bliss who totally hadn't been standing around the whole time received Bulk's message and began moving back in the direction he'd come.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Flynn Flames

As the villains ship took off I could only attempt to chase it, making only  a few feet before the vessel departed, carrying one of the first friends I had made after I became a hero. I had to shout.

"GYRO!"

Why was he leaving with villains? What was going on? Whatever it was there was nothing I could do. Dejected I made my way back to the landing ship.

OOC: Which hero is Gabriel bliss?

IC: Flynn Flames, Hero Factory Dropships, Antropolis

I arrived early at the ships, I hadn't really paid attention to anything as I arrived though, but I noticed Cobra had arrived alongside another hero. "Gyro just took off ... why?"

OOC: He's a golden dude with a sword. I haven't really done much with him besides have him and Drift wreck a ship once, though. =/

IC: Cobra Shard and Gabriel Bliss - Hero Factory Landing Craft

"I dunno," said Shard. "Maybe the villains were dumb enough that they actually believed he was Rotor? And he had to take off to keep up the ruse?" He shrugged. "It's either that or he's some kinda prisoner pilot, now."

Bliss climbed into the ship along with the rookies and sat down, trying not to fidget. He'd been kinda useless during the investigation and was anxious to do something at least partly cool once they tracked down the villains.

I sigh dejectedly, "Yeah, I guess that makes sense"

Yet something about this felt wrong. It was all too weird. I noticed a golden Hero climb into the ship, I must have missed him earlier. Maybe meeting a new person would help distract me from what happened.

"Hi, what's your name?"

I asked as I made my way into the ship.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

IC Kaiba - Years in the past, but not too many....:

Atop a building in a dingy city on an even dingier planet a figure in black armor dangled another by the arm off the side.

"I sincerely hope you tell me what i want to know, I'd hate to suffer an unexpected brownout and drop you."

The seedy looking robot being dangled glanced down, then back up at the bot holding him in an iron clad grip.

"Y-you wouldn't! Y-You're supposed to be the good guys, ain'tcha?! One of them Her-agh!" He cut himself off with a scream of terror as the taller Bot let him slip ever so slightly in his hand. In his eyes burned an unchecked malice.

"I am -not- a 'Hero'."

"O-okay, okay, I'm sorry, just please don't drop me!!"

"The parts. Where are they being kept."

"L-look, I just work for the boss, he don't tell me noth-" Another slip. "Augh god please! I don't know, honest I don't!"

"Do -not- lie to me."

"I don't know where they keep the stuff, I just sell it for some extra creds, please!"

"If you don't know, who does?!"

"Th-There's a guy who supplies me, he might kn-"

"His name."

"I-I.... I don- Wa-wait It's Werl! Werl! His name's Werl, and he works out of a little storefront on 3rd and Bolt!"

"You're certain?"

"Yes! Werl will know where the storehouses are, now please, lemme go!"

There was a short pause, before the taller bot said simply, "As you wish," and released the man.

He'd vanished into the night before the doomed bot had hit the ground.

IC Kaiba - In the present:

The anger.

"Kaiba."

The pain of losing everyone.

"...Kaiba?"

The long years it took to bring just one back.

"Kaiba!"

The-

"Kaiba!"

He snapped back into focus. "What?"

"Are you gonna actually ask him anything, or just dangle him over the edge til he wet's himself?" Yofrid asked, hands on her hips. Alloy for which had been stolen from a crimelord who'd been using it to make armor for some kind of super army.

His eyes moved back to a familiar scene, his armored arm holding a minor thug who had information on that he wanted.

This time it was daylight, though, and Kaiba was in white and crimson, flanked by a silver and bronze bot.

"Right. Look, I've got things to do today, so why don't you save us all a lot of time and just tell me where your boss is."

"I....I've never met the boss!"

Yofrid sighed, and put her face in her palm.

Kaiba rolled his eyes, "I've been doing this for over a century, could you at least give me a better lie than that? My arm's may look new, but believe me, you aren't as light as you think you are, and these actuators are old."

"Wh-what? That's impossib-"

"Yeah, impossible I know, god, petty crime never changes, does it?"

"You know they say crime doesn't pay, but with it's longevity there must be something to it."

"Can't say much for the health insurance." He looked back to the man.

"Look, we know your boss knows something about the proto-hero project, and all we want is to find him so we can....discuss the matter."

"Th-the what project?"

"I think he might actually not know, Kaiba."

"It's getting pretty common these days. ###### Heroes keep showing us up these days."

"Wha- you guys ain't Heroes?"

"Do you -see- a big glowing H on either of our chests?"

"Well, no, I-"

"Exactly. We aren't Heroes. So as such, we aren't playing by the rules. Now, the information, please?"

"Y-You'll just drop me when I tell you!"

He paused.

"Fair enough, I'll set you down, then."

And he did just that. Safely back on the roof. 

This building wasn't high enough to kill anyone if they fell, but the goon didn't need to know that.

He brushed the man off, straightening his outfit for him even. So polite.

"Now then. You were telling us where your boss is?"

The man took off running.

"See, this is why I dangle them, they have to rely on me to get away. Yofrid, would you please-"

"Way ahead of you." A beam of Ice enveloped the running man, encasing him up to his neck servos in a sizable block of ice.

"We could have let him run a bit, you seem like you could use the exercise."

"I have been working for over a century, I think I've had enough exercise for the both of us."

"O-Oh god Help! Help me!"

"Relax, you'll thaw out... in a couple of hours.... Unless I haul you over to the side and drop you over the edge. Then you'll thaw out significantly faster, but in far more pieces. now for the last time, will you just tel-"

"He owns a parts shop in Tubetown! That's all I know, I dunno when he's there but he owns the joint, it's got some stupid name, Lenny's Discount Parts and Service!"

Kaiba blinked twice.

"Well, that was easy. See, now I don't -have- to drop you off a building."

"Oh thank go-"

"Still gonna though."

"Wai whauugh!"

With a mighty heave, Kaiba shoved the iceblock off the edge, where it fell to the ground below with a hearty crack of ice and a blubbering man calling for his mother.

He peered over the edge. Still in one piece. 

"Get a new job!" He called down, before turning back to Yofrid. "That went well."

OOC: Permission to use Yofrid acquired.

Edited by John Egbert
  • Upvote 1

IC: GyRotor and XPlode - Villain Friend Ship

The ship flew smoothly, almost expertly. Well, at least the Hero wasn't bluffing about knowing how to fly the ship. He considered the situation. He wasn't sure how long those Heroes had been there, but they'd almost definitely seen him... and, they had seen HeRotor on the ship. Their presence suggested to him that perhaps they had no idea beforehand that their friend was on the ship, as they surely would not be staking out the area- or doing so that obviously- if the fake Rotor was attempting this according to some premeditated plan. Which meant he was working with a Hero who... had a Rotor costume lying around along with some experience in impersonating Rotor? Perhaps some kind of hologram technology? Why did the Hero even consider this to be the best course of action? He would seek these answers later, when the Hero wasn't flying the ship under the childish assumption his plan was working.

Once they were in open space, he stood up and grasped the faker's shoulder. Besides a fraction of a second wherein the Hero looked like he might scream, there was nothing amiss. There wasn't even the very slight give of hardlight holograms- this wasn't an easy thing to detect, mind you, but XPlode had enough experience to know the difference. It was metal, it was real. That was puzzling.

"What?" The fake Rotor asked roughly. Pitch perfect, if a bit short. Not saying much; that was clever. Less mistakes to pick up on that way.

"Keep us on course, Rotor," he told the Hero with a smile. "And do try to pick up the pace. We want to get there before those Heroes do."

"Heroes?" said the fake Rotor. "What Heroes? I mean, the ones we saw were way off. No way they'd know where to look."

"there were several Heroes circling the ship. You were likely too busy tapping away at your screens to notice, hm?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I musta been." HeRotor, almost hesitantly, increased his speed. XPlode smiled and turned to the others.

"Do not fret, everyone. I have arranged a surprise for the Heroes at the vessel. I am sure they won't cause any trouble. One more thing..."

Having sent a request to a 'bot who owed him a favour to pick up the real Rotor, XPlode ambled to a switchboard and flicked a switch. There was a crackle, but nothing else visible.

"A little failsafe, for the Heroes on our tail," XPlode smiled. "No electronic signals- or messages- can get in or out of this ship. We don't want them listening in on us, do we?"

Unseen by anyone else, Gyro gulped.

~

IC: Nathaniel Zib - Hero Factory

Zib had been busy. Gyro's impromptu decision to dabble in spy work had resulted in a whole lot of raking his memory banks for sufficient protocols, because this was just ridiculous. In addition to that, Gyro had turned off his communicator, so while he was getting camera feed, he wasn't able to communicate with the kid. He had advised Bulk and Nex in their decision, and was now keeping an eye on Gyro while he sent routes to the Hero ships on Antropolis and filled in Stormer on the current situation. Unfortunately, this would guarantee Gyro the lecture of a lifetime. Maybe not even just from Stormer, if word got around. There were other grizzled veterans on their way to the Starwhale.

He would call Plume, of course. There wasn't much she could do, but she needed to know, even if the kid begged for the opposite in his email. Well, this was what he got for such a dangerous stunt-

And then, the feed went dead.

~

OOC: I can't remember if everyone's on board the Hero Antropolis ships yet so if you're not just post like you got on

IC: Bulk and Nex - Hero Ships

Quickly, both Heroes took off for the Starwhale's coordinates. Nex joked, "Well, now I suppose we have two groups of villains to worry about, if whoever took it's still there. Maybe the bad guys will tire themselves out fighting each other?"

OOC: Sorry for the wait between posts! GM posts take longer than what you'd think for some reason. Or it could just be XPlode's italics when typing on a mobile device.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Nathaniel Zib - Hero Factory, Mission Control

His hand was on the communicator almost immediately, bringing up Plume's number. "Plume, there's a situation on the Starwhale mission regarding Gyro. Where are you?"

IC: Gabriel Bliss and Cobra Shard - Apparently Hero Missions Never Go Well

"Ha, I guess you could put it that way, yeah."

Shard involuntarily cringed. "Let's not talk about Mechna. Last thing I need to be reminded of right now."

So now that Shard was seated maybe we'd get going to the Starwhale, since the villains were headed there I'm sure we would find Gyro there was well. Still I had ran out of talking points for this trip so I just sat in glum silence.

OOC: Edited to fit with what Zippy said.

OOC: The Hero ships have already taken off.

IC: Nathaniel Zib - Hero Factory, Mission Control

"Head to Mission Control and I'll show you. It's not a good situation. You should probably hurry. I'll sum it up with telling you he's on a villain ship unsupervised."

IC: Nathaniel Zib - Hero Factory

"We've lost contact with him, including any information on his current whereabouts and status, shortly after taking off with a crew of villains. He apparently told them he was Rotor."

OOC: I'll get to some other GM posts soon, when I have access to something that isn't a phone.

IC: Andrea Plume

"I'm on my way!" She quickly turned to her teammate, her expression clearly communicating distress and anger. "Kat, you're coming with me. Tim's gotten himself in some deep scrap!" Andrea opened up her ship and stepped inside. Upon pressing the ignition button, the interior of the ship came to life, the HUD and console lighting up and the interior lights turning on to reveal a redecorated interior to the ship.

OOC: Sorry for the wait! I did a really quick post- I keep remembering to post when I don't have the time to do so >:v

IC: Villain Friend Ship and Hero Factory Ships

When the ships drew close to the Starwhale, the first thing that was apparent was that it was aptly named. Like a metal, cosmic Cetacean, the craft drifted with fins and rudders idling in the void, engines fired but not at full throttle. Whether it was because the hijackers thought they had successfully fled, or because of some other reason, no one could tell.

If there were any way to carry sound in space, one might hear the frustrated sigh of a fellow GM witnessing the shape of the ship.

IC: Jason Ferro- Captain Obvious

As soon as the massive craft came into view, Ferro was taken aback by it's odd, yet amusing design.

"Wow. I'm not entirely sure, but I think the designer might have had a thing for whales."

OOC: Zippy, are you going to act as GM for the group on Mekna, as well?

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Yofrid Atgeir
"Right, yeah, we're definitely not getting into trouble for that. Dropping a frozen goon off a building in broad daylight? Who could possibly have issue with it?"

IC: Andrea Plume
The dropship sped through the sky of Makuhero City, arriving immensely quickly at the tower where it came in for a landing. Andrea unstrapped herself and quickly exited the vehicle, making a veritable sprint for it to Mission Control.

IC: Var Vilandris and Necrissia

"You want me to repair your weapon for you?" Necrissia's tone was a mixture of disbelief and annoyance. "And you couldn't take this to an actual repair shop because...?"

-"Because this weapon's construction isn't of this galaxy. I doubt anyone could get it back into its former state with materials and tools found here. You, on the other hand... I've heard about what you can do. Restoring things to a previous state? Perfectly reconstructing pieces that couldn't possibly be repaired, even with blueprints?"

-"What you're asking of me is... not usually what's asked of me."

-"Is it too much?"

-"Too little, actually, I could do this blindfolded with one hand tied behind my back. This is barely even worth my time. I prefer to deal with more... sentient subjects."

-"Right, like some kind of a robotic night witch."

Necrissia glared at Var for a moment. Although Var couldn't see her eyes, she could definitely feel them, and their stare of immense annoyance.

-"Look, all I need you to do is restore the pieces to their former state. After that, I can construct the blade myself."

-"Hmmm... no."

-"I... I'm sorry?"

-"I said no."

-"Wh- but, I-"

-"It means no."

-"Why???"

-"This isn't worth my time. At all. Go fix your weapons parts yourself. I have far more interesting things to do than fix a weapon for some low class bounty hunter trash. Get out!"

The very next moment Var found herself back outside, the pieces of her lightsaber still in disrepair.

I got up from my seat to check the windows in a glum mood, but my eyes widened in shock at the sight of the starwhale itself, the docks had given me no clue if the ships form. This was amazing. I then heard Ferro's comment.

"Yeah a real love of whales"