HF RPG 2.5

FallenCor

IC: XPlode - With Whipcrack

"Are you now?" XPlode mused. What an odd choice of words this fellow had. "Well, you would know best, hm? In any case, Whipcrack and I are nearly at the ship. I do have to wonder, about many things, really, but one specific question I have for the situation so far would be regarding Rotor's apparent disappearance. Surely, as his appearance was a surprise, there must have been a disappearance some time before then."

~

IC: GyRotor - Doing The Best He Can

"Where th' heck is he going?" Gyro asked his companion, after she had climbed on board and the more nosy being had left. "We're about to take off!"

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC Thak:

"You'd be correct, he went off to procure some supplies a while ago, in a rather distinctive cloak. The fellow currently aboard our vessel lacked both the supplies and the cloak, not to mention the presence of one particular Hero core on his chest."

"I don't know what Blink was thinking by allowing him to return with her, but perhaps she is not as perceptive as you or I."

He saw the craft begin to power up.

"You may wish to hurry, it seems he's quite keen on going somewhere."

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. I asked Blink to have Rotor start the ship. And, perhaps she has a better eye for comedy, rather than a lack of perception. Now, I'm not there at the ship yet, but this situation does so remind me of one Rotor and I had fairly recently. Tell me, chum, have you ever heard of cosplay?"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Jason Ferro- Antropolis

"Nice to meet ya, Flames. The name is Ferro. Jason Ferro."

Wow. That had sounded sooo much cooler in his head...

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Cobra Shard - Behind Cover

"Ferro..." Now where had he heard that name before? It was on a list somewhere... the list for...

"Ohhh, you were here last time, weren't you? On Antropolis, I mean. The mission with the, you know, the brains and the earthquake and and stuff, right?"

Of course, that was where he knew Ferro from. The mission brief Zib had sent him whilst the flying beasts had been tormenting him had had a roster of all Heroes that had been deployed for that fiasco.

IC: Blink - Villain Ship

She glanced after Thak. "Him? No clue,"

She settled into the seat with her beacon hidden under it and strapped herself in in preparation for the next flight.

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Flynn Flames - Antropolis

Ohhh, I see someone else is a Bond fan. I should talk to him about it ... after the mission.

Yet my attention was drawn back to the sound of the villain ship beginning it's take off preparations. Was Gyro taking off in a ship full of villains? Were the villains taking off with him as a hostage. Whatever it was this was a terrible situation.

"Erm guys, what do we do about this ..."

IC: GyRotor - Villain Friend Ship

"You know what's up with that guy?" Gyro asked gruffly, going about he flight checks. "Seems like he's got some sorta beef with me."

Internally, he felt like he was going to bust a gasket. That guy was not convinced at all by his cover story. What felt like a genius idea at the time was now feeling a lot more like a death sentence. And obviously, if Rotor was with these criminals, it was only a matter of time until he returned to the ship with the others. He couldn't out-Rotor the real Rotor, no matter how much he'd studied the guy. And he really was not emotionally prepared right now to explain why he looked just like the guy.

~

"Good. That makes this much easier to explain. See, Rotor and I quite accidentally crashed one of their conventions, which was surprisingly easy- it was assumed we were wearing costumes. We were there to break into another section of the building, you see. It was such a surprise to see so many people in costume, and to our utter shock, there were people dressed as Hero versions of Villains! It was hilarious! From what I could glean, it is an odd internet fad. I don't understand it myself, but it was certainly entertaining. I believe I still have some photographs from the event."

He laughed. "While I cannot assess the situation in full until I return to the ship, here is what I believe may have happened: Blink might have found an extremely talented cosplayer who has gotten in way over their heads in acting in-character."

OOC: I found this possible scenario too hilarious to pass up, so I just wanted to explain I do acknowledge the questionable ethics of dressing up as a criminal, and I'm considering either it being the equivalent of dressing as a costumed villain in the DC or Marvel universe rather than the equivalent of dressing as a criminal in our universe, or else that Rotor and XPlode stumbled into some kind of Weirdo Creep Convention. It is just too funny to me to imagine people cosplaying Heroes and Villains and AU versions of them in the universe.

IC: Jason Ferro- Antropolis

"Yeah, I was there... That mission sucked. Though, what came after it was a lot worse. Anyway, I don't think Gyro needs our help just yet. I doubt that a group of villains who had just taken a hostage would still be out in the open like this..."

Edited by Klanadack

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

OOC: I think everyone might be busy or something. Not sure. And then some of us are waiting on posts from people who are either busy or forgot people are waiting on them. I'm sure it'll pick up again at some point!

IC: XPlode - At Villain Friend Ship

He read his companion's silence as being lost in thought, or perhaps simply not listening. They arrived back at the ship quickly enough, where he saw Thak waiting for their arrival. "Ah, hello, chum!"

The ship, he noted, was idling, the checks apparently completed. Whoever was on his ship, they knew how to fly one. He considered that briefly.

"Hey guys, look!" Shard whispered excitedly as he poked his head around the corner to look at the ship again. "More baddies!"

Blink noted the sound of approaching footsteps and peered out one of the viewports near her seat. "Looks like Xplode's back."

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Whipcrack (With Xplode --> Villain Friend Ship)

"Ah, we're back," smiles Whipcrack, and steps inside the ship, coughing.

"What did we miss?" he asks no-one in particular.

:k: :m_o: :v: :s: :m_o: :r: :r:

BZRPG Characters: The Collector of Masks and Zavesh

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Disco, Phobia, MaharaRomulus and Remus

Hero Factory RPG 2.5 Characters: Whipcrack and Charles Erudite

///////

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

IC: Flynn Flames

I was beginning to get overwhelmed by the number of villains we would have to deal with if I we wanted to save Gyro. From the brief moment I met him, I knew he was a friendly sort but ... could we even save him? As much as I hated it we needed a plan.

"Let's sneak to another position, I want to see who's in the pilot's seat."

Nodding at Cobra's affirmation, I set off. This would be difficult, there was a clear lookout watching for heroes at the ships entrance and not much cover I could hide behind.

Peering round a corner I waited for when the watching villains attention was drawn elsewhere, then I made my move. Springing from behind cover, I darted back to an alley behind our position. It was a clean space clearly used not for seedy secret dealings, but for simply delivering stock to shops discreetly. Noticing a stairway to the roof, I climbed up and crouched to a prone position to spy on the ships side. 

Still no view through the ships window though. I needed to get to another position.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

IC: GyRotor - Screaming Internally

He wasn't sure how to read his companion's ignoring his question, except to hope it wasn't out of suspicion. Did Rotor hate that guy? Did he screw this up even more? He hoped not.

And... XPlode was back. He tried to look busy at the cockpit as he considered potential escape plans. This was stupid. He was stupid. He was going to wind up either as a bunch of scrap metal on a junk planet somewhere, or he was going to be in a horribly awkward situation of explaining exactly what his deal was with copying Rotor's style. Or both.

He replied to Blink, "Ah, finally. Took him long enough."

IC Thak:

"We aren't alone. There are other Heroes here."

He spoke softly, the glow fading from his eyes.

"Three at least."

In his long career, Thak had observed that Hero Cores exerted a different thermal reading than standard power cores. This reading was similar across all sorts of Heroes, and was nigh impossible to replicate.

The extreme variance in the temperature of the three being's only further cemented his thoughts on the matter.

He turned to regard Xplode, "Are you certain you want to just play along with all this?"

Edited by Strider!

IC: Cobra Shard - Lookout

The villains were still talking. Looked like they hadn't noticed Flames. Good.

He looked over to where Flames had gone and gave the other rookie a questioning look to see if he'd found what he was looking for.

"What's taking them so long?" Blink muttered under her breath, still looking out the viewport. "We ain't got time to stand around chatting, there's a Starwhale to catch!"

IC: Flynn Flames, on top of a roof

I shook my head in response, then I focused on the ships exit, when the villains weren't looking again I darted back behind an air vent. With some cover to me now I made my way to a  new position that allowed me to see the cockpit. Where Gyro was quietly freaking out ...

WHAT!

IC: XPlode - Villain Friend Ship

XPlode didn't let his surprise show on his face. The cosplayers he had seen travelled in groups on occasion, but Thak seemed very certain he knew what he was looking at. So, there was the very definite possibility of a Hero who was legitimately dressed as Rotor sitting in the ship? Why? There was a whole lot of 'why' on a whole lot of levels, and he just couldn't figure out any of them.

He was a careful 'bot. He didn't like to put himself in danger. But, the Heroes had presumably already tailed their friend back here and knew where their fellow Hero was, and kicking them out would only make matters worse. The Heroes hadn't swooped in the first chance they got, yet. That meant they were likely waiting for something.

He threw a friendly arm around Thak's shoulders and said, loud enough for Whipcrack and Thak to just hear but soft enough to ensure he was not overheard beyond that, "Well, chum, I see it this way: either we have a very talented cosplayer with some very concerned friends, or... seemingly more likely, from how certain you look... a hostage who does not yet know they are a hostage, and seems very willing to work with us under the false pretence that we do not know they are not, in fact, our dearest friend Rotor."

IC: Whipcrack (Villain Friend Ship)

Whipcrack coughs and laughs.

"I very much hope it is the second one," he grins.

:k: :m_o: :v: :s: :m_o: :r: :r:

BZRPG Characters: The Collector of Masks and Zavesh

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Disco, Phobia, MaharaRomulus and Remus

Hero Factory RPG 2.5 Characters: Whipcrack and Charles Erudite

///////

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

IC Thak:

He sighed, clearly not enjoying this as much as the other two.

"Very well, I'll play along for now."

"Speaking of, Xplode, I've told our uninvited guest that I've borrowed your ship and men to find some missing possessions of mine. It would do wonders if you could assist me in maintaining said ruse, if only in the interests of having a cover story."

IC: XPlode - Villain Friend Ship

"Cover story?" XPlode laughed. "For a group of wanted criminals taking a Hero to loot a ship?"

I decided to pull back a bit and use my wrist communicator to message the other two with what I knew.

'Found Gyro, he's in the cockpit ... WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?'

OOC: Editing to make it clearer that this is an email, not flynn yelling from the rooftop

OOC: I totally thought it actually was Flynn yelling from the rooftop for a second there.  :P

"Wait... what?" Shard hissed under his breath as Flames' message came in. "What in the cosmos is he thinking?! He'll get himself killed! Or worse! We gotta do something!"

OOC: I really wanted it to be him screaming from the rooftop :c

~

IC: XPlode - Vilain Friend Ship

XPlode laughed again. "Oh, yes, I'm sure. And then, if things do not go to plan- or you decide you want a greater share of the pay- you simply run to the authorities with your little ruse and expect us to play along. No, I think I will pass on your tempting offer."

With that, he started heading for the ship, still chuckling. He really wanted to see this fake Rotor for himself, now. He wanted to see the Hero who had the absolute nerve to be able to wander onto his ship and claim to be someone XPlode was close to. He wondered if it would be a familiar face. He wasn't sure if he could keep a straight face if he was going to walk in and make eye contact with Stormer in a Rotor costume.

He was fairly sure it wasn't a cosplayer by now. It was a possibility, but he was pretty sure it would take a very particular mix of bravery and stupidity to pull this stunt, and that mix was something most Heroes seemed to have in spades.

~

IC: GyRotor - Internal Screaming Intensifies

He saw XPlode start to walk towards the ship and hid his shaking hands by re-running system checks. Well, this was it. He couldn't fly out, XPlode would be blocking the exit and there wasn't enough room to properly fly in the first place, so he was going to have to try and run for it, and maybe take XPlode by surprise enough to push by, over, or under him.

Well, if he died here, he wouldn't have to deal with the chewing out from Plume. There was that.

"Finally," he said to Blink, rolling his optics.

When XPlode and crew got close enough, Blink began impatiently motioning them inside the vessel. "Hurry up, you guys. Time's a wastin'! Uh- sir,"

she squeezed in awkwardly, remembering XPlode was the boss of the operation.

IC: Cobra Shard - Still Behind Cover

"You gotta be kidding me," he groaned quietly as even more villains came into his line of sight. "We'll never get ol' Gyro outta there now!"

IC: XPlode and GyRotor - Legendary

"Indeed," said XPlode, to Blink. He slid his optics to look at his new pilot, even as he boarded the ship proper. He walked over, a little impressed. Whoever this person was, they were keeping their cool. They were either very confident, or very stupid. Or both.

He leaned around the chair, and was surprised by what he saw. He was expecting a costume made to look exactly like Rotor with a Hero Core. The resemblance was there, of course, but some of the details puzzled him. The propeller was there, that was a good start, and the chassis had a very close resemblance. However, this "Rotor" had an actual mouth, rather than a screen. His fingers glided over the controls as he kept his eyes trained on the console. His Hero Core shone; it was no fake, he was sure of that.

The fake Rotor looked up at him, and behind the forced annoyance he saw a spark of fear.

He smiled.

"I do believe I asked you to stay put, Rotor," he said. "But, it seems you returned with no harm done."

"Whaddaya take me for?" the HeRotor snapped. My, this one had done his homework. It was a very good impression.

"Someone who listens, clearly," he replied. "Set course for the coordinates, would you, chum?"

HeRotor nodded and turned back to the console. XPlode settled into a seat and strapped himself in. He was slightly concerned about Real Rotor, but he was sure he was fine. He sent a message enquiring about his wellbeing, just in case, though with no details about the current situation.

XPlode glanced to Blink. "I do wonder what's taking our companion Morphos so long to return."

Gaaaah, that was true. Flynn was in a position where he almost had to let gyro get captured, because these villains were too numerous to risk attacking.

No.

Heroes took risks all the time, we couldn't coward out now just because the enemy forces were scary. That said maybe we had other options. 

"I guess we have to start hostage negotiations then" I replied into the comm.

The pressure was getting to me, I had to be out there helping my friend ... not waiting. Just watching this was tourture. Witha  resigned sigh I let out pent up energy. "Okay ... yeah get the other heroes involved, none of us are cut for hostage negotiation"