LEGO ideas project

Smitty

My LEGO ideas project. A Nexo Knights castle LDD does not have all the right parts, be sure to read in the description.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/144221

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

LDD actually does have most of the Nexo Knights weapons and unique parts, as well as King Halbert's crown (though unfortunately, the crown has a collision error with a fig wearing the same beard King Halbert uses). Do you have LDD updated to the latest version?

As far as the model is concerned, I don't think it really captures the Nexo Knights aesthetic too well. And while smaller models are generally easier to produce in Lego Ideas, this castle is so small that it invites comparisons to the Fortrex, which is not only more impressive in terms of its size and complexity but also has far more features packed in.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

LDD actually does have most of the Nexo Knights weapons and unique parts, as well as King Halbert's crown (though unfortunately, the crown has a collision error with a fig wearing the same beard King Halbert uses). Do you have LDD updated to the latest version?

As far as the model is concerned, I don't think it really captures the Nexo Knights aesthetic too well. And while smaller models are generally easier to produce in Lego Ideas, this castle is so small that it invites comparisons to the Fortrex, which is not only more impressive in terms of its size and complexity but also has far more features packed in.

Yeah maybe, but the idea here is not the fighting action part of Nexo knights, but the royal celebration post-battle. That's why there are not a lot of bells a whistles and the knights have the hair and capes. Maybe I should have called in Nexo celebration.

Just looked and I did find the nexo armor and shields, but none of the parts for the knight bots. If you could help me Id appreciate it.

You are their rock.

Yeah maybe, but the idea here is not the fighting action part of Nexo knights, but the royal celebration post-battle. That's why there are not a lot of bells a whistles and the knights have the hair and capes. Maybe I should have called in Nexo celebration.

Just looked and I did find the nexo armor and shields, but none of the parts for the knight bots. If you could help me Id appreciate it.

When you're looking for parts, it helps to figure out their Design ID numbers, since that's the easiest way to search for specific parts on LDD. The best way to do that is to look up a set containing the parts you need on Brickset and check its inventory there (Bricklink can sometimes work too, but some parts on Bricklink receive different numbers than the official Design ID numbers LDD uses). In the case of the squirebot parts, most of those are located in the category with a picture of a signpost—the torso is 24078 and the shoulders are 22392. Not all Nexo Knights parts are on LDD yet (notably, the visors for all the knights and most of Axl's parts are missing), but most of the armor, weapons, and new building elements are available for you to use.

As for the model, I recognize what you were going for, but when you're dealing with a less dynamic subject that makes it all the more important to try and make it interesting. The only structure you have here is architecturally very basic, with very little in the way of detail. Interior items like tables, chairs and tapestries or similar decorations could certainly help, but ideally you'd want to try to go for a more complex/interesting structure as well (perhaps a sort of tiered design with towers and multiple rooms/floors). Another option is adding something like a Nexo-carriage for the king and queen—even if it isn't directly connected to the rest of the model, content like that can definitely go a long way toward enhancing a set with additional storytelling and play scenarios.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Added another update, thanks for your help.

You are their rock.

I actually like the thought process behind your MOC. I'm not into Nexo Knights, but I know it isn't all about 24/7 fighting (unless I'm wrong about that), so seeing a different side of it is a fairly good idea. I mean, what do the knights do after a tense battle? Fall asleep on the couch while watching TV? I like that you're trying to show a calmer, more upbeat side of the theme. Ninjago's sets aren't all about 24/7 fighting considering some of the sets involve training and don't even contain enemies, so why not Nexo Knights? I applaud you on that.

As for the model itself, my criticisms are minor. You say the building is something like a celebration hall. That's fine; you already know how I feel about that. So, I'm imagining your idea as I set I just bought and put together. I want to make a celebration scene inside the building, so I start setting up the minifigures in a way where everybody can easily see the knights, the king, and queen, but it's a tight squeeze. I could very easily be wrong about that part, but I prefer my celebrations to be a little more roomy. If you stretch out the building a bit so it covers more of the base plate, I think your model would benefit from that. And with all that added room, there's more room for opportunity. I dunno if this would be part of your goal, but like Lyichir said, some interior design could help. Some banquet stuff would really give off the impression that this is a medieval-like celebration.

Overall, I think I've said all that needs to be said. Don't give up on the project my friend! Also, for future reference, I recommend giving POV-Ray a try. It's a downloadable tool that makes your LDD models look almost realistic. Even if the model doesn't look 100% like the real thing, it'll still look like it came from a video game. I guarantee that if you use it, it'll set you apart from the other people who have images something like yours. Feel free to have a look and/or turn down the suggestion, but I feel like it could be worth it if you do.

• Upvote 1

mindeth the cobwebs

I'll add a table and chairs, and make a note about making it bigger.

You are their rock.