What Are You Thinking?

I found a very interesting form of topic on a foreign forum and I was inspired to make a topic in the same spirit as that one. In this topic, you can just speak your mind, as long as what you say is appropriate and follows BZPower's rules. Topics will jump and casual conversation will arise. I don't know if this kind of thing is allowed here anyway, but we'll see how long it lasts until it gets shutdown or is forgotten.

So I ask you now: What are you thinking about?

• Upvote 2

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

Well currently, I'm thinkng about what Bionicles and Gundams I'll be keeping or giving away. I'm also thinking about what my toa dream team is going to be (I mentioned the existance of a dream team in my sig), out of the sets I have and a couple I'll have to get on Ebay. Finally, I'm thinking about how well school is workng out, in terms of grades.

BEHOLD.....THE DREAM TEAM! COMING SOON.... :o

~ Oh hi thar, here are some quotes: ~

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" -Toa Mata Tahu, MNOG

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villans and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people he's never met before and who don't know his name can live."

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

School grades have been very stressful to me as of the past few years. I put on a face of apathy, though, and it always hurts when I get a high B+ on my report card, when I was so close to getting an A-. It's usually math that gets me, as I had an A (and a four A+s) in every class the past three semesters. You see, if I get three semester of all As, I get a special jacket to flaunt my academic prowess. I only get angry because I'm going to see the kids who brag about their "smarts" getting these Letterman Jackets, while I'm here not getting one. It's a psychological thing that I wish I would relax about, but I just can't help it.

t5pQDlO.jpg

I remember reading the first bits of the webcomic, but that's all of my knowledge of the series. However, I can say that the ridiculous nature of the ability to defeat someone in one punch is a refreshing satire and take on the Shonen genre.

t5pQDlO.jpg

Right? And the idea of a superhero who's actually DEPRESSED because he's so strong and good is such an original idea. Like, he's peaked. No one can really beat him. What's he gonna do?

​(oh wait I could just watch the next episode to find out)

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

I'm thinking about watching the series when I can find extra time for it. Sometimes being the best is the worst, man.

t5pQDlO.jpg

Some person on a youtube video of mine (song host, no original content) described the Teutonic Order as an epic faction to play as in Medieval II: Total War. While true, they are also bad people. Not to say the people they were fighting were good guys initially. Give 'em a couple of centuries from when they first entered Old Prussia and you can give 'good' and 'bad' titles and sides.

Now I am thinking how different history would be if the Teutonic Order won the First Battle of Tannenberg. It would lead to a corrupt crusader conquest of Poland, Lithuania and the early Russian prinicipalities, and said regions being under the heel of a tyrannical, economically superior, and technologically superior foreign theocracy made up of over-zealous soldiers. No German Prussia, no Russian Empire, no German Empire, completely different World War, no Soviet Union. Much of Eastern Europe, save powerful Hungary, could potentially been conquered under the Teutonic flag. Lord knows the blood shed to be spilled between the Mongloian khanates and the Teutonic State.  Maybe in the far future hteir could be popular nationalist revolutions, lest all those cultures eventually vanish under German assimilation. As the Papacy excommunicated the Teutonic Order prior to the First Battle of Tannenberg, I wonder if their guardian the (not-so) Holy Roman Empire would turn on it's crusader child and fight them. I doubt it, the two countries were close (both German) and the HRE itself had problems with the Pope.

Holy crud, kind of scary to think about.

4b84d751cfcdf6de82f5cb6151c179cb.jpg

...And now I am thinking about the realization over why I don't talk about my thoughts that much.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

...And now I am thinking about the realization over why I don't talk about my thoughts that much.

But that's what this topic is about! It really doesn't matter if your post is long or... Speculatory. This topic is just for you to say what you want to say, really.

Edited by New Age Retro Gunhaver

t5pQDlO.jpg

Ya know what I'm think now? I want some KFC: Kentucky Fried Cave Fi- I mean chicken.

• Upvote 1

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" -Toa Mata Tahu, MNOG

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villans and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people he's never met before and who don't know his name can live."

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

I have no idea how you were going to finish that sentence, but I'm not sure I want to.

KFC is alright, but it really isn't my cup of tea.

t5pQDlO.jpg

Speaking of tea, do you guys prefer tea or coffee?

t5pQDlO.jpg

tea, for the most part; however, iced coffee is also pretty good.

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

I much prefer the taste of tea over coffee. I don't know why, though.

t5pQDlO.jpg

I mean, it's all subjective. Coffee has a stronger taste if made well, and I like the relaxing nature of tea, even if it's a stimulant by nature.

t5pQDlO.jpg

Coffee is nasty. It's all about that fruit juice! I can drown myself in grape juice and I would be happy.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Coffee is nasty. It's all about that fruit juice! I can drown myself in grape juice and I would be happy.

True! apple and blackcurrant ftw.

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

Then there is tropical juice. Yummy.

I was actually thinking about the Bahrag....and chickens. Dunno why, but it just popped up. I'm also considering getting an exo toa for my Tahu Mata, and making some adjustments with the dream team.

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

Chickens come from dinosaurs and the Bahrag are like dinosaurs. That's a connection.

Who is in this "Dream Team"?

t5pQDlO.jpg

Anyone one else like Altaic throat-singing? Thinking about looking up how to do it, but I am afraid it might mess with my voice.

Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Throat singing kind of sounds weird to me, but not in a bad way. I think you should try it out sometime. If you do it well, your voice shouldn't be harmed.

t5pQDlO.jpg

Chickens come from dinosaurs and the Bahrag are like dinosaurs. That's a connection.

The dream team basically consists of a custom team of 6 toa, representing one element, in the form of sets. I've decided my 6, but I would need to buy 2 sets off Ebay to complete the team. If anyone on here is interested in who is actually in the team (doubt it) then let me know.

Anyone one else like Altaic throat-singing? Thinking about looking up how to do it, but I am afraid it might mess with my voice.

I've never even heard of throat-singing.

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

Vinny from Vinesauce is bad at Australian accents. But in a funny way.

"Dinopolis. I swear to god that's what it was called."

It's a thing. But a kinda cool thing. But it also sounds weird and is difficult to do.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Are you watching the stream tonight, Tarn?

If anyone on here is interested in who is actually in the team (doubt it) then let me know.

That's... Kind of what I asked.

t5pQDlO.jpg

If anyone on here is interested in who is actually in the team (doubt it) then let me know.

Realised. Forgive me for my stupidity and my inability to read that sentence.

My team isn't final, but here is what I got so far:

Toa of Fire: Vakama Metru or Tahu Master

Toa of Air: Lewa Nuva (Adaptive Armor)

Toa of Water: Hahli Mahri

Toa of Ice: Matoro Inika

Toa of Earth: Onua Mata

Toa of Stone: Pohatu Nuva (Adaptive Armor)

Matoro and Lewa are the ones I have to buy, everything else I already have. Feel free to comment and rate the team!

Vinny from Vinesauce is bad at Australian accents. But in a funny way.

"Dinopolis. I swear to god that's what it was called."

It's a thing. But a kinda cool thing. But it also sounds weird and is difficult to do.

Sounds like a fun....thing.

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

As far as i know, there are three versions of throat singing. There is Tibetan, Inuit (which i haven't heard yet), and Tuvan (which is what I accidentally called Altaic. Used by Altai so I hope you understand the confusion). I am sure the Tuvan variant came first. Here is what someone describe it as, "Imagine a human bagpipe--a person who could sing a sustained low note while humming an eerie, whistle-like melody.". Imrukii on here describes it as musical burping, which it isn't. :lol:

Of course, that doesn't capture throat singing. Better if you hear it yourself.

Trying to hear if the guy says the word 'tengri', which is their sky god.

If you like that, I have a few more examples. :D

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

It did? Aw, that sucks. 

Do you know what else sucks? My inability to watch most of his streams live do to my internet connection. I usually just watch them off of the Fullsauce channel.

Matoro and Lewa are the ones I have to buy, everything else I already have. Feel free to comment and rate the team!

I think you should go for Vakama, just so you'll keep it within G1, unless that wasn't your goal.

The two Phantoka sets are strange additions to a "dream team" due to their designs and coloring, but that's just my opinion.

Study. (verb): The act of texting, eating, netsurfing and watching TV with an open textbook nearby.

Too true. Except for me, the book is rarely open. 

t5pQDlO.jpg

It did? Aw, that sucks. 

Do you know what else sucks? My inability to watch most of his streams live do to my internet connection. I usually just watch them off of the Fullsauce channel.

I think you should go for Vakama, just so you'll keep it within G1, unless that wasn't your goal.

The two Phantoka sets are strange additions to a "dream team" due to their designs and coloring, but that's just my opinion.

Study. (verb): The act of texting, eating, netsurfing and watching TV with an open textbook nearby.

Too true. Except for me, the book is rarely open.

Thanks for the suggestion, Gunhaver, I'll add Vakama to the team.

I'm one of those guys who actually thought the designs from 2008 were decent. I especially like Lewa's design, whilst Pohatu's is alright, but it feels nostalgic too because it was the first toa set I've ever gotten. Besides, what would be better? Phantoka or Mistika?

Edited by Takama Metru

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

It did? Aw, that sucks. 

That's why Fullsauce is great. It used to be my main way of watching Vinny's stream but I've started watching him live more. I can actually sit through the whole thing and not have my ADHD self skip through to the good bits. But I have basically the same problem. Sometimes I'll just have to straight up leave streams or watch them on YouTube live.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

I get impatient with watching the recordings sometimes too. If there's a part that seems a bit boring to me, I'll skip through to some other part of it.

Thanks for the suggestion, Gunhaver, I'll add Vakama to the team.
I'm one of those guys who actually thought the designs from 2008 were decent. I especially like Lewa's design, whilst Pohatu's is alright, but it feels nostalgic too because it was the first toa set I've ever gotten. Besides, what would be better? Phantoka or Mistika?

Hey, you're welcome. I don't hate the Phantoka designs, but I am not a fan of the the orange Pohatu or the Mistika within themselves. All of the charm of the Toa Nuva were kind of stripped to give way to silver bits and boring set design. I can see the potential nostalgic value of the Phantoka, as they were some of my earlier sets before I really got involved with Bionicle. My first set was Hewkii Inika.

t5pQDlO.jpg