What Are You Thinking?

Broken Lego rubber bands are not fun. Especially when they cripple the function of the set.

Also, what if the early Bionicle sets look so bad because they were vague Matoran descriptions, while the later years were accurate versions from the Toa themselves

I wish sets supplied a couple of extra lego rubber bands in case the ones used became worn or snapped.

What do you mean ugly? They were supposed to have lots of detail and holes. Imagine all of the holes filled in with fleshy protodermic bits.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I really like the designs of the first year's Rahi. Sure, they had to sacrifice a lot to make sure the function worked, but they weren't that ugly. Lego did also have years to practice with set design for Bionicle, and that's why the later sets look better and have fewer holes.

Have you guys ever repurchase sets because your old ones broke?

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

I really like the designs of the first year's Rahi. Sure, they had to sacrifice a lot to make sure the function worked, but they weren't that ugly. Lego did also have years to practice with set design for Bionicle, and that's why the later sets look better and have fewer holes.

Have you guys ever repurchase sets because your old ones broke?

For your first part, yeah, the Rahi are pretty neat. Got my Muake and Kane-Ra like a week ago. But Muaka's bands broke, which was what my first post was about. ;_;

Second part, I don't think so, but I've done that with a few individual pieces before.

A good choice, hopefully, Toucan Sam.

A lot of my 2007 sets were broken a while back, and I've been thinking about getting ones to replace them.

t5pQDlO.jpg

a neat local convention i'm going to tomorrow (technically today since it's so late but w/e)

​probably gonna come home with an arm full of transformers stuff like always lol

​EDIT: oh and also about how ava's demon is FINALLY frickin' updating Monday, and the paranatural update and how there's like three different expressions I want to make into icons

Edited by Tarn of the DJD

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

The convention that I go to annually starts up on Thursday. Stuart Sayger is going to be there, so that's a bonus for me.

t5pQDlO.jpg

Did you get anything in specific that you'd like to share? A signature from Mr. Sayger is probably going to be my highlight. 

t5pQDlO.jpg

So was this like a Transformers convention? Dude, finding old items and paraphernalia from a franchise is always cool.  Funnily enough, there was a booth that I always went to that actually sold old Lego sets, including Bionicle mask packs and Bohrok-Va. I think I bought them out of their Bionicle merch, though. Hehehe.

t5pQDlO.jpg

So was this like a Transformers convention? Dude, finding old items and paraphernalia from a franchise is always cool.  Funnily enough, there was a booth that I always went to that actually sold old Lego sets, including Bionicle mask packs and Bohrok-Va. I think I bought them out of their Bionicle merch, though. Hehehe.

it's just a general comic book convention but there is LOTS of transformers stuff

​i'm jealous now because there's never been a vendor that solid primarily lego there from what I can recall, always hopeful every year that'll change. I DID get a bionicle comic there, that was mixed in with a bunch of dc stuff (they might've had more but I didn't check). considering how the comics were packaged with lego magazines I'm a bit curious as to how they had it. maybe the guy owning the vendor was fan.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

The convention that I go to focuses on gaming, be it board games, card games, or video games. It's a big mix of a lot of things, though, as I've mentioned the Lego booth. Well, booths. None of the booths that I've gone to sold Bionicle comics. That's cool within its own right. I wonder if the booth'll even be around this year.

Has anyone else noticed that most of the main Toa of Fire are somehow connected to the Kanohi Hau? 

t5pQDlO.jpg

I've never been to any sort of convention, unless the local Renaissance Fair counts. I hope it doesn't, its incredibly historically inaccurate, but I plan on buying a sword there next year. Are they any fun?

Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

yes, I've been going to this one annually since 2014. it's fun to look at what the vendors are selling and to see the costumes and all that. speaking of costumes, I've found that there are a LOT of homestuck fans in my area.

also no gunhaver but now that you mention it...yeah, they do. huh.

​also today was national girlfriend day. I was legitimately unaware of this holiday until recently and it was a crushing reminder of my own loneliness.
​j/k that's a very cute idea for a holiday and I got d.va so who cares
​...
​...
;-;

Edited by Tarn of the DJD

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Conventions can be lots of fun! It all depends on your attitude and it takes some patience. It's always a lot better when you go with a friend to experience it with you, especially if it's your first time there. I've been going to the one I frequent since about 2011 and it's always a great time for me. 

Yeah! You've got Tahu and Lhikan who wear a Hau as Toa, Vakama who inherits its legacy through his friendship and admiration for Lhikan, and Jaller who wears Lhikan's after his own mask breaks and wears it, and even Dume, who saved Lhikan, helped him become a Toa, and summoned him to protect Metru Nui. Only Norik is the odd one out. 

I'm sorry you feel lonely, Tarn.

t5pQDlO.jpg

That's some good mixed signals there, bruv. Whatever you feel, I hope it works out all the same. 

t5pQDlO.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking about this site when I used to visit it every day. So much time has passed, I am just hit with a wave of nostalgia. I remember when I made comics and I remember other comics by creators miles better than me and when we used to guest star(PGS, anyone?) in each others' comics. Looking at this forum is like looking through a window and what I see is a fun part of my childhood. It really was fun. I don't even know how I remembered the account name and password but still, after all this time, I remembered it on the first try. I guess I am just stopping by and I'm writing this more for myself than to the rest of you, but still, have fun, just like I did.

I'm thinking about all the stuff I used to do here and while I did some stupid things and mistakes(I'm sorry everyone!!) I still enjoyed being here. 

Peace

Sethban.jpg

Credits goes to Dark Being shop!

I'm a firin' ma lazurs
O o
/¯/___________________________ ___/
|BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH
\_\ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\

Nostalgia is powerful stuff, man. I sometimes hate the feelings looking back on my past gives me, but sometimes it's nice too. I'm glad that coming back to BZPower gave you good vibes. If you ever see this, godspeed, my friend.

Have any of you ever been really burdened by a rather large workload? I'm doing my best to keep up right now. 

t5pQDlO.jpg

not at the moment but literally everything stresses me out so

​i'm also currently thinkin' about how I've somehow never played halo and, considering its price currently, i may end up purchasing an xbox one at some point and changing that. it would require me to put money aside and not be an impulsive piece of garbage tho.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

I'm thinking about how I'm to prioritize my time between projects. My life is very busy with various projects I can be working on and sometimes it just becomes overwhelming.

It becomes one of those situations where I would love to be able to please everyone but I know for a fact I can't. I don't have enough time. There's certain situations outside of this website that deserve my attention more and frankly are what I should be focusing on. I suppose it's one of those situations whereupon I'm trying to cling onto my fleeting youth, the child inside that had so much time to work on what I wanted to work on without being squandered by the expectations and needs of the adult society. It's an interesting conundrum, at least to me it is.

The expectations that are held of me complicate my life in ways that I could never imagine when I was younger. I'm stuck in an environment that I do not wish to be in while the life I dream of having is in another world. A world of peace and happiness... It is a world in the present, which lives by that name. It brings me to a quandary; the place I am at does not feel like home. When I was younger, home was a safeguard, a sanctuary that gives me peace and freedom but where I am now is not. It fills me with dread and inhospitality; nervous glares and cautious actions are all that welcome me to this abode. But out there is the home that I chose but no matter how much I yearn for it, it's too far out of reach for me.

What makes this plight all the more frustrating is that fact that no matter how out of reach it seems right now, it actually is reachable. It's only a plane ticket away, one that I can actually afford. I could easily move myself to this home but the issue is that I'm not prepared. No matter how willing I am to move to this safe haven I know that I cannot because I am not prepared. I have not completed all that I need to complete in my present location. In this essence, the present has become both my nightmare and my paradise. I am stuck in my present location due to the needs of society but at the same time, I look forward to traveling to my home so that I may live in the present. It is this oxymoron that haunts my mind each and every minute of each and every day. 

So what am I thinking? I guess I'm busy or something.

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 1
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

That's a nice Makuta MOC, TTL! I really like the war hammer and the torso structure, but the arms could use some work. They seem too basic for the vibe that you seem to be trying to pull off. Especially due to Makuta's stature as a dark villain. I really should get back into the MOCing side of Bionicle, but I have lost just a bit of interest for it, honestly. I noticed that you haven't put this up on the Bionicle-Based Creations forum. Putting it there will probably give it more attention than here, most likely.

Now, I don't think you should have double posted, but that also might've just been an accident. 

On a different note, how many of you actively make Bionicle or Lego creations?

t5pQDlO.jpg

Scarcely nowadays. I write and draw Bionicle-related things though, albeit increasingly more rare as well. :/  Currently doodlin' though, so that's something.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Honestly curious: I would love to know if there are any medievalist historians here (and not a history disciple of mine. :P )

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I'm just a saxophonist who wishes to be the band director of his old Middle School.

And find someone to play the stings of my heart.

Okay just got poetic there.

Now just got to get my Masters of Music and work out my complicated potential relationship.......Fun θ¬θ

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

why do meteors always land in craters

~Soran

Meteors carry large amounts of energy when they make landfall that they create the crater they land in by violent means of explosion.

Also what sets had a black Rahkshi head besides Vorahk?

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/