• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

What Are You Thinking?

Thoughts Conversation

• Please log in to reply
576 replies to this topic

#561 Offline The Hip Historian Iaredios

The Hip Historian Iaredios
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 10-April 07
  • 2,834 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 26 2017 - 11:32 AM

What the heck is "Great Expectations"?

I cut my lip while shaving last night, was a small but deep gash. Thank God for Neosporin. I feel like an amateur having that happen.

Edited by Hyethut (Iaredios), Oct 26 2017 - 11:33 AM.

line.gif

mqdefault.jpg

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo (HEAD DEVELOPER) | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Farts are just the ghosts of that which we ate                                                               -                                                                 D r e a m s. They're the hurricanes that wash the soul-filth from the super-dome of the night-mind.

#562 Offline Rassilon (TTL)

Rassilon (TTL)
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Defeated

• 20-January 16
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 26 2017 - 03:00 PM

What the heck is "Great Expectations"?

I cut my lip while shaving last night, was a small but deep gash. Thank God for Neosporin. I feel like an amateur having that happen.

Great Expectations is the thirteenth novel by Charles Dickens and his penultimate completed novel; a bildungsroman that depicts the personal growth and personal development of an orphan nicknamed Pip

Wikipedia

I don't like the book but the reports done.

BZPower's Mahri Nui
Coming in 2018

barraki_symbols_by_drago_flame.jpg
Surrender is never an option

#563 Offline Scrubbish

Scrubbish
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 14-August 16
  • 2,457 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 26 2017 - 10:05 PM

I'm almost finished with getting my costume ready for Tuesday night.  And the beauty of it is, it involves me just getting regular clothes.  Clothes which I can wear again, on a regular basis.  It's pure, unadulterated genius.  (FYI, my costume is Old Man Joseph Joestar.)

How about you guys?  Are you dressing up for Halloween, and if so, what are you dressing up as?

#564 Offline The Hip Historian Iaredios

• Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 10-April 07
  • 2,834 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 27 2017 - 08:28 AM

My brother said I should dress as Jason from Friday the 13th because I am a quiet giant. Haven't seen any of those movies so I don't know if I want to or not.

Edited by Hyethut (Iaredios), Oct 27 2017 - 11:24 AM.

line.gif

mqdefault.jpg

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo (HEAD DEVELOPER) | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Farts are just the ghosts of that which we ate                                                               -                                                                 D r e a m s. They're the hurricanes that wash the soul-filth from the super-dome of the night-mind.

#565 Offline Rassilon (TTL)

Rassilon (TTL)
  • Members

• 20-January 16
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 27 2017 - 03:10 PM

My brother said I should dress as Jason from Friday the 13th because I am a quiet giant. Haven't seen any of those movies so I don't know if I want to or not.

If you do we need photos.
Jason just kills teenagers for being stupid not to go for the working car.

BZPower's Mahri Nui
Coming in 2018

#566 Offline The Hip Historian Iaredios

• Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 10-April 07
  • 2,834 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 27 2017 - 07:19 PM

Been thinking of ways we could make a power generator using magnets. I have some ideas, but they utilize things that currently do not exist, and after my vision zoomed in for a second as my head rushed, my head now hurts.

Though I dabble, this is currently beyond me. @_@ At least I can use my cattle dung for a sci-fi power source if I ever need to in a story.

Edited by Hyethut (Iaredios), Oct 27 2017 - 07:23 PM.

line.gif

mqdefault.jpg

#567 Offline Rassilon (TTL)

Rassilon (TTL)
  • Members

• 20-January 16
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 27 2017 - 08:16 PM

Been thinking of ways we could make a power generator using magnets. I have some ideas, but they utilize things that currently do not exist, and after my vision zoomed in for a second as my head rushed, my head now hurts.

Though I dabble, this is currently beyond me. @_@ At least I can use my cattle dung for a sci-fi power source if I ever need to in a story.

Actually it maybe more realistic than you think.
This might help you.

Many power plants use moving magnets to convert kinetic and magnetic energy into electric current. Magnet generators make a great science project because of the simple instructions and intriguing premise. The combined energy of the magnetic field and motion of the magnet within a coil of copper wire causes the electrons in the wire to move, which is an electric current. There are several variations on this type of experiment, some more difficult to build than others. Making a shake-to-power magnet generator is a simple way to demonstrate the power of magnetic generators.

here is the website.

Basically power is made from magnets but it the burning of a fuel that helps turn the magnets.
Wind and hydro power use natural movements to turn the copper coils.

Edited by Rassilon (TTL), Oct 27 2017 - 08:16 PM.

BZPower's Mahri Nui
Coming in 2018

#568 Offline Scrubbish

Scrubbish
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 14-August 16
  • 2,457 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 04 2017 - 10:25 PM

My hyperactive imagination just can't stop coming up with ideas.  Many of those ideas are just names right now, incredibly Japanese-souding names.  Which got me wondering.  Would you guys be interested in reading a story about BIONICLE samurai, if I wrote it?

#569 Offline Josuke Higashikata 4

Josuke Higashikata 4
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 29-May 15
  • 4,209 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2017 - 01:02 AM

Incredibly Japanese-sounding, you say? May I have an example?

Is it a story structured like a samurai story?

t5pQDlO.jpg

:g:  :u:  :n:  :h:  :a:  :v:  :e:  :r:

#570 Offline The Hip Historian Iaredios

• Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 10-April 07
  • 2,834 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2017 - 03:03 AM

I have found a newfound love in the form of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo.

line.gif

mqdefault.jpg

#571 Offline Rassilon (TTL)

Rassilon (TTL)
  • Members

• 20-January 16
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2017 - 07:29 AM

The form of what?

BZPower's Mahri Nui
Coming in 2018

#572 Offline Scrubbish

Scrubbish
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 14-August 16
  • 2,457 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2017 - 07:47 AM

Incredibly Japanese-sounding, you say? May I have an example?

Is it a story structured like a samurai story?

Have several examples:

• Ryogo
  • Gaketora
  • Ojinma
  • Tetsuon
  • Han
  • Zakata
  • Yokaiyo

I don't think the story structure is going to wind up 100% Japanese.

I have found a newfound love in the form of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo.

The form of what?

https://en.wikipedia...bobo-bo_Bo-bobo

#573 Offline Rassilon (TTL)

Rassilon (TTL)
  • Members

• 20-January 16
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 07 2017 - 10:44 AM

Okay something concerning just came up.
In class just now my friend was on the computer I glance over at his computer screen while I read my book and it wasn't facebook of video game stuff. It was a depression test and he passed it.

He doesn't know I saw and we're not close enough friends that we could talk about it. He acts like a big jerk anytime you talk to the guy about major things or personal problems.

BZPower's Mahri Nui
Coming in 2018

#574 Offline CommanderKumo

CommanderKumo
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 08-May 17
  • 303 posts

Posted Nov 07 2017 - 02:36 PM

In class just now my friend was on the computer I glance over at his computer screen while I read my book and it wasn't facebook of video game stuff. It was a depression test and he passed it.

He doesn't know I saw and we're not close enough friends that we could talk about it. He acts like a big jerk anytime you talk to the guy about major things or personal problems.

Does your education centre have a safeguarding scheme? as at mine they encourage any alarming discoveries to be reported to the safeguarding team, the reporter will be completely anonymous, the safeguarding team will talk to the sufferer and help to solve the problem.

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....KmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!

#575 Offline Rassilon (TTL)

Rassilon (TTL)
  • Members

• 20-January 16
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 07 2017 - 06:29 PM

Does your education centre have a safeguarding scheme? as at mine they encourage any alarming discoveries to be reported to the safeguarding team, the reporter will be completely anonymous, the safeguarding team will talk to the sufferer and help to solve the problem.
(hysterical laughter for ten minutes)

I've heard of such programs but unfortunately my entire state doesn't have any program remotely similar to it.
Right now I'm just going to keep a close eye on him if I see any other signs I'll talk to him.

BZPower's Mahri Nui
Coming in 2018

#576 Offline The Hip Historian Iaredios

• Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 10-April 07
  • 2,834 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 12 2017 - 12:52 AM

So, my family on my father's side has some pretty dramatic history during the 1800's, and after a sudden 'light bulb moment' I am thinking of adapting it into a dark fantasy world, using ideas developed from stagnated A Rude Awakening. As an elaboration: What would-be the Texas Rangers would rule a subject area (as a replacement for Texas) like a Teutonic Order-like state, and combat a nomadic confederate-empire that rules over smaller settled natives, their first and last unified king being a hybrid between these two competing powers, his very existence being blasphemy by these knights that he is related to, and must face off the might of these 'knights' and the distant Rhomania-like empire they serve while attempting to reform & preserve his own people.

line.gif

mqdefault.jpg

#577 Offline Rassilon (TTL)

Rassilon (TTL)
  • Members

• 20-January 16
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 12 2017 - 10:52 PM

What am I thinking...
A lot of things.
Will I get into the honours band?
Dose my jerk of friend have a depression and needs help?
Will I finish my report on time?
Can I even catch up on all the work I need to do for my online class?
Will I ever finish editing that poem for that one scholarship?
Will I actually take a break and finish that dark water mutated shadow Toa I've been building?

My life just feels like a pile of confusion and work loads that never end. I just need more time and people around me who know what there actually talking about.
My parents try but don't understand half of what I'm doing or planning college wise.

I just need time to rest, heal, and recharge but I don't see time for that.

BZPower's Mahri Nui
Coming in 2018

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users