What Are You Thinking?

What the heck is "Great Expectations"?

I cut my lip while shaving last night, was a small but deep gash. Thank God for Neosporin. I feel like an amateur having that happen.

Edited by Hyethut (Iaredios)

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

What the heck is "Great Expectations"?

I cut my lip while shaving last night, was a small but deep gash. Thank God for Neosporin. I feel like an amateur having that happen.

Great Expectations is the thirteenth novel by Charles Dickens and his penultimate completed novel; a bildungsroman that depicts the personal growth and personal development of an orphan nicknamed Pip

Wikipedia

I don't like the book but the reports done.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

I'm almost finished with getting my costume ready for Tuesday night.  And the beauty of it is, it involves me just getting regular clothes.  Clothes which I can wear again, on a regular basis.  It's pure, unadulterated genius.  (FYI, my costume is Old Man Joseph Joestar.)

How about you guys?  Are you dressing up for Halloween, and if so, what are you dressing up as?

My brother said I should dress as Jason from Friday the 13th because I am a quiet giant. Haven't seen any of those movies so I don't know if I want to or not.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

My brother said I should dress as Jason from Friday the 13th because I am a quiet giant. Haven't seen any of those movies so I don't know if I want to or not.

If you do we need photos.

Jason just kills teenagers for being stupid not to go for the working car.

Been thinking of ways we could make a power generator using magnets. I have some ideas, but they utilize things that currently do not exist, and after my vision zoomed in for a second as my head rushed, my head now hurts.

Though I dabble, this is currently beyond me. @_@ At least I can use my cattle dung for a sci-fi power source if I ever need to in a story.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Been thinking of ways we could make a power generator using magnets. I have some ideas, but they utilize things that currently do not exist, and after my vision zoomed in for a second as my head rushed, my head now hurts.

Though I dabble, this is currently beyond me. @_@ At least I can use my cattle dung for a sci-fi power source if I ever need to in a story.

Actually it maybe more realistic than you think.

This might help you.

Many power plants use moving magnets to convert kinetic and magnetic energy into electric current. Magnet generators make a great science project because of the simple instructions and intriguing premise. The combined energy of the magnetic field and motion of the magnet within a coil of copper wire causes the electrons in the wire to move, which is an electric current. There are several variations on this type of experiment, some more difficult to build than others. Making a shake-to-power magnet generator is a simple way to demonstrate the power of magnetic generators.

here is the website.

Basically power is made from magnets but it the burning of a fuel that helps turn the magnets.

Wind and hydro power use natural movements to turn the copper coils.

Edited by Rassilon (TTL)

• 2 weeks later...

My hyperactive imagination just can't stop coming up with ideas.  Many of those ideas are just names right now, incredibly Japanese-souding names.  Which got me wondering.  Would you guys be interested in reading a story about BIONICLE samurai, if I wrote it?

Incredibly Japanese-sounding, you say? May I have an example?

Is it a story structured like a samurai story?

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

Incredibly Japanese-sounding, you say? May I have an example?

Is it a story structured like a samurai story?

Have several examples:

• Ryogo
  • Gaketora
  • Ojinma
  • Tetsuon
  • Han
  • Zakata
  • Yokaiyo

I don't think the story structure is going to wind up 100% Japanese.

I have found a newfound love in the form of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo.

The form of what?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobobo-bo_Bo-bobo

Okay something concerning just came up.

In class just now my friend was on the computer I glance over at his computer screen while I read my book and it wasn't facebook of video game stuff. It was a depression test and he passed it.

He doesn't know I saw and we're not close enough friends that we could talk about it. He acts like a big jerk anytime you talk to the guy about major things or personal problems.

In class just now my friend was on the computer I glance over at his computer screen while I read my book and it wasn't facebook of video game stuff. It was a depression test and he passed it.

He doesn't know I saw and we're not close enough friends that we could talk about it. He acts like a big jerk anytime you talk to the guy about major things or personal problems.

Does your education centre have a safeguarding scheme? as at mine they encourage any alarming discoveries to be reported to the safeguarding team, the reporter will be completely anonymous, the safeguarding team will talk to the sufferer and help to solve the problem.

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo2J14RKmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!

Does your education centre have a safeguarding scheme? as at mine they encourage any alarming discoveries to be reported to the safeguarding team, the reporter will be completely anonymous, the safeguarding team will talk to the sufferer and help to solve the problem.
(hysterical laughter for ten minutes)

I've heard of such programs but unfortunately my entire state doesn't have any program remotely similar to it.

Right now I'm just going to keep a close eye on him if I see any other signs I'll talk to him.

So, my family on my father's side has some pretty dramatic history during the 1800's, and after a sudden 'light bulb moment' I am thinking of adapting it into a dark fantasy world, using ideas developed from stagnated A Rude Awakening. As an elaboration: What would-be the Texas Rangers would rule a subject area (as a replacement for Texas) like a Teutonic Order-like state, and combat a nomadic confederate-empire that rules over smaller settled natives, their first and last unified king being a hybrid between these two competing powers, his very existence being blasphemy by these knights that he is related to, and must face off the might of these 'knights' and the distant Rhomania-like empire they serve while attempting to reform & preserve his own people.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

What am I thinking...

A lot of things.

Will I get into the honours band?

Dose my jerk of friend have a depression and needs help?

Will I finish my report on time?

Can I even catch up on all the work I need to do for my online class?

Will I ever finish editing that poem for that one scholarship?

Will I actually take a break and finish that dark water mutated shadow Toa I've been building?

My life just feels like a pile of confusion and work loads that never end. I just need more time and people around me who know what there actually talking about.

My parents try but don't understand half of what I'm doing or planning college wise.

I just need time to rest, heal, and recharge but I don't see time for that.

• 3 weeks later...

I have realised that the characters in my life can be assigned Bionicle equivalents. It works out scarily well  ;)  :

Myself - Takanuva

My awesome friend who I've known all my life - Jaller

My wise and cool Brother - Vakama

My six more recent friends who chill together - The Toa Mata/Nuva

My Brother's arch nemesis - Makuta

BZPower Friends - The awesome matoran who live on Mata Nui

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo2J14RKmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!

I'm thinking about the short epic series Lan and I our making based off of our BZPBM characters.

I'm also thinking about my arrangement of the mask of light sound track I'm working on. I'll be publishing that to Musescore in about two months. It's focused more on wind band instruments then what was actually used.

I'm thinking about the short epic series Lan and I our making based off of our BZPBM characters.

I'm also thinking about my arrangement of the mask of light sound track I'm working on. I'll be publishing that to Musescore in about two months. It's focused more on wind band instruments then what was actually used.

Can't wait to see both! :D

And don't be shy to call me in if you need Hyethut to make an appearance or others acting on his direction.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Can't wait to see both! :D

And don't be shy to call me in if you need Hyethut to make an appearance or others acting on his direction.

Will keep in mind.

I have been watching The Great War YouTube channel a lot recently, sating my itch to know more about this end to one era and the catalyst for the next.

Kaiser Wilhelm II Hohenzollern is a fascinating psychological specimen.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Been practicing my soprano Saxophone for a fundraiser. That's pretty much it for me.

I've got silent night down and frosty the snowman down to.

...I despise Frosty the Snowman's song.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Been practicing my soprano Saxophone for a fundraiser. That's pretty much it for me.

I've got silent night down and frosty the snowman down to.

...I despise Frosty the Snowman's song.
Your a mean one Mr. Iaredios
  • Upvote 1

Had a bad moment today. I was listening to a score of Mask of Light on the computer and my friend looks over at it and laughs at me. He says "that's for kids." (what he actually said was more rude but that the message he conveyed.) I felt ashamed but then I realised I don't care what he thinks, this is who I am.

I may have shut down that moment but I know that things like that shouldn't get to me. I am who I am.

To think I was worried about that kids state of depression.

Excited about giving a Christmas gift, and worried about the future of my job.

Had a bad moment today. I was listening to a score of Mask of Light on the computer and my friend looks over at it and laughs at me. He says "that's for kids." (what he actually said was more rude but that the message he conveyed.) I felt ashamed but then I realised I don't care what he thinks, this is who I am.
I may have shut down that moment but I know that things like that shouldn't get to me. I am who I am.

I know that feel, but with cartoons. Thankfully i have a friend who respects and values cartoons.

For your case, you can just reply, "So was the Hobbit".

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Excited about giving a Christmas gift, and worried about the future of my job.

I know that feel, but with cartoons. Thankfully i have a friend who respects and values cartoons.

For your case, you can just reply, "So was the Hobbit".

Usually I shoot out a sharp comment such as "Oh, did I ask for your opinion?" akward silence. "I thought not." Edited by Rassilon (TTL)

I finally finished the short film project assignment from months back. Sure, I had to change my idea completely due to scheduling issues, and it's been a long week and a half putting it together, but I am proud of my work. It's not a masterpiece, but it was fun. A weight has been lifted from my shoulders. 

Could you imagine how much time we'd waste if we worried about what others thought of our interests?

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, you should watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and for the following reasons:

1. It simply revels in its own weirdness.  In what other series are you going to find a ridiculously buff high school student commanding a giant purple man to punch cadaver-controlling fog?  Or a British guy fighting the equivalent of the Aztec Gods of Fitness with nothing but his magical light fists over a rock?  Nowhere.  And JJBA takes pride in the fact that it, and it alone, portrays such strange situations.
  2. The story spans generations and locations.  JJBA isn't about just one JoJo, but a family of them.  There are two British JoJos, one from the 19th century and one from the WWII era; a half-Japanese JoJo from the 80's who travels the world to save his mom; another half-Japanese JoJo in 1999 who spends the whole Part in his small Japanese hometown; an Italian JoJo from 2001 who fights the Mafia; and many more.
  3. It's visually stunning.  Lots of love has been put into the anime adaptation, and it shows.  The colors are vibrant, the animation is oh-so-fluid, the characters are expressive... the list goes on.
  4. It's just one of those guilty-pleasure animes.

Also, Crunchyroll may be good for some people.  Personally, I prefer KissAnime, because all of it's free.

• Upvote 1

Isn't it weird how white is the absence of color artistically but black is the absence of color scientifically?

I don't know where I'm going to live in three months.

I don't know how to deal with a breakup in a healthy way.

I joined BZPower over 10 years ago.

I hope I never have to lose any of my LEGO stuff.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Isn't it weird how white is the absence of color artistically but black is the absence of color scientifically?

I don't know where I'm going to live in three months.

I don't know how to deal with a breakup in a healthy way.

I joined BZPower over 10 years ago.

I hope I never have to lose any of my LEGO stuff.

Okay I don't know if I could help with the first one but I can help with the second one.

Everyone is different and everyone deals with break-ups differently.

Some need a good cry others need to just vent out their emotions. But one thing I've noticed is that everyone who is suffering heart break needs a good friend or family member to lean on. To hear the tears and vents. If you close yourself off from the world tour sadness can lead to depression.

Whatever is your form of grieving it needs to be heard by someone or you well feel worst for their is not that other voice saying it dose get better.

Now to legos I recommend part organizers for the components you use the most or have the most of.

Also congratulations on 10 years here.

I got to surf in a bus today. Killed my feet and knees, having to time a crouch to avoid slamming my head on the ceiling whenever the bus went over a bump or dip, and bracing myself for turns. It was only for 7 minutes or so, but at least I can say that I have done something that I wanted to do when I was a kid. :lol:

Edited by The Hip Historian Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Hey guys you know any clever ways to feel better quicker from simultaneously having the flu and strep throat. I'm looking for stuff beyond drinking liquids, rest, soup.

I feel like actual death right now.

I got to surf in a bus today. Killed my feet and knees, having to time a crouch to avoid slamming my head on the ceiling whenever the bus went over a bump or dip, and bracing myself for turns. It was only for 7 minutes or so, but at least I can say that I have done something that I wanted to do when I was a kid. :lol:

What is bus surfing? :o

• 1 month later...

Hey guys you know any clever ways to feel better quicker from simultaneously having the flu and strep throat. I'm looking for stuff beyond drinking liquids, rest, soup.

I feel like actual death right now.

What is bus surfing? :o

I believe it's when you stand in a moving vehicle without holding onto any of the safety railings, while trying to keep your balance. Used to do it on trains all the time. 'Twas fun.

To stay on topic, now I'm reminiscing on college times when I used to go downtown on a regular basis just to mess around and have fun. I should do that again as soon as I have more free time. That's what I'm thinking.