What Are You Thinking?

I recently ran into a strange encounter with some kind of phenomenon. I was in class using a highlighter to, well, highlight things and I was turning it round and round as I was looking over my work. I distinctly remember that there was printing on it to designate its brand, although a bit smudged. I put the highlighter down to get other stuff to do out and when I looked back at it after twirling it in my fingers a bit, I noticed something: the printing wasn't there. At all. This substantially freaked me out, and I called it to my friends' attention. I had no way of really determining what exactly happened, so I asked if one of them had taken mine and switched it out with another one. They hadn't. I asked them if they had seen the printing on it beforehand. They weren't paying attention. I still haven't figured it out, but it's still on my mind. 

As I fall further and further into the JoJo Hole, I've wondered something: What do you think of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, from an outside perspective?

I think it's a bit too much of "ORA ORA ORA" and "Behold my Stand" for me.  Might change my mind, though.

Oh, so you're turned off by the dank memes? That makes sense. JoJo is a lot more than that though, as the Stands don't come in until Part III.

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

I'd suggest you read or watch it. It's been a fun ride for me so far. 

Edited by New Age Retro Gunhaver

t5pQDlO.jpg

Oh, so you're turned off by the dank memes? That makes sense. JoJo is a lot more than that though, as the Stands don't come in until Part III.

even a man like me, consumed by the DANK MEMES, can only handle so much dankness

And like I said earlier, I might change my mind about it.  From what I've heard from people who have seen it, it's supposed to be pretty good.

What memes, TTL? You can't bring up a meme and not share...

even a man like me, consumed by the DANK MEMES, can only handle so much dankness

And like I said earlier, I might change my mind about it.  From what I've heard from people who have seen it, it's supposed to be pretty good.

I was kind of reluctant because of similar reasons, but getting I think into JoJo was something that was worthwhile for me. The community is nice from what I've seen and it lets me share more things with my friends. The memes are less jarring now because I get the jokes, though. 

t5pQDlO.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What Pohatu's do you have, Katanga? I'm only missing the 2016 one, but I'm not antsy to get it. Looks pretty ugly me.

Ah, procrastination. Making one stressed even more than they could've been.

Now, I'm thinking that I need to get off Tumblr.  It's slowly chipping away at my life.

ESCAPE. ESCAPE. 

Edited by New Age Retro Gunhaver
  • Upvote 1

t5pQDlO.jpg

This is kinda depressing, but I'm thinking about how much of a black sheep I am in my family.

I dislike sports in general, yet my family seems to watch nothing but Sports Center or American Ninja Warrior, and everyone is involved in a sport.

I enjoy listening to foreign music (European folk, J-rock, etc.), yet my family thinks it's all junk.

I like to watch cartoons and anime, and read manga, yet my family thinks those things are stupid, inappropriate, or both.

I grow out my facial hair to keep me warm during the winter months, yet my family says I look like Chewbacca and tells me to shave.

And last, but not least, I enjoy BIONICLE, yet my family says it's childish and that I should... grow up.

I hate being the black sheep, yet there's nothing I can do about it.

Have they outright said any of those things to you, Cap? Either way, I'm not exactly sure what to say to that.

t5pQDlO.jpg

Maybe not those exact things, Retro, but something along the lines of them.

And it's OK, you don't have to say anything.  I just wanted to get my feelings out.

What Pohatu's do you have, Katanga? I'm only missing the 2016 one, but I'm not antsy to get it. Looks pretty ugly me.

Ah, procrastination. Making one stressed even more than they could've been.

I'm missing Toa Nuva Pohatu from '03. I have all of his sets except that single one. I'm actually looking to buy it soon, so that's a yay. Uniter Pohatu is definitely one of the uglier sets from '16, but I can look past it just because he's Pohatu. I'd say go ahead and get him if he's the only version you're missing, but that's just my two cents.

Most definitely. Thanks to the hurricane and my procrastination, I almost didn't get my last two assignments done for this week. Agh.

And it's OK, you don't have to say anything.  I just wanted to get my feelings out.

I sort of know how that feels. The best thing to do is not let it bother you. Sticks and stones, you know? It works for me at least.

And it's OK, you don't have to say anything. I just wanted to get my feelings out.

I know what that feels like.

My family don't mind me liking Bionicle but some of my friends think me a bit childish (ironically I have better common since and maturity when needed then they do on a daily bases.)

It's frustrating when you try to hold a conversation and slip up on a word or say a word with double meaning of the inappropriate nature, and all they can think or say is, "you said..."

It irritates me so.

The thing that helps me with being a black sheep is this.

I don't care what you think or want me to be. I am who I am.

For I break from the molds of the norm and sculpt my life into the master piece that is me.

I am ToaTimeLord

Saxophone playing Bionicle Whovian who is becoming the Band director I was ment to become.

What memes, TTL? You can't bring up a meme and not share.

Those memes are not appropriate for BZPower.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

E: nevermind, got the topics mixed up. Sorry.

Currently thinking about being really bad at aiming when clicking on topics. :)

On a more serious note, based on what I've read on this page of the topic... goodness, deviating from the norm can be a really painful experience. I had some serious problems with that in high school, or school in general. (being the person who always wore black stuff and skulls, listened to entirely different music than the rest, and was extremely sensitive to pretty much anything...)

Just don't let it get to you too much. You are your own person. Maybe find friends that share your interests, be it irl or in an online community, if that's possible. (after all, that's what helped me a lot with 'surviving' high school. Also not implying that you are not having friends, that's beyond what I could know.)

Edited by Taka Nuvia
  • Upvote 1

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

All I know is that I like what I like. Have you seen my signature?

I don't call it "deviation", however.

t5pQDlO.jpg

i have yet to watch the new voltron, but plan to. it's the new "cartoon that literally everyone seems obsessed over that you have to watch" on tumblr.

...oh no. I have to go now

pffft

Well anyway, after that I've ended up settling on Tumblr myself so as to harvest their joys and their woes. I'm probably going to rue that day, but there you are.

~ CHTrilogy

i have yet to watch the new voltron, but plan to. it's the new "cartoon that literally everyone seems obsessed over that you have to watch" on tumblr.

pffft

Well anyway, after that I've ended up settling on Tumblr myself so as to harvest their joys and their woes. I'm probably going to rue that day, but there you are.

it ain't that bad a place pardner. most of the time.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

So my friend gave me a Crunchyroll guest pass on Monday because I'm on break and I wanted to binge JoJo and she's a nice person. These are supposed to last only 48 hours at the max. I activated the one she gave me at midnight on Monday night (technically Tuesday), as I had to create a Crunchyroll account to so. So it's almost midnight on Friday night, and the darn thing hasn't expired yet. Does anyone have any theories?

Thinking about how I'm going to get my Bari saxophone mouthpiece before October 14th.
Amazon is my only option and it would reach me on the 15th.
So I'm in a pickle of a situation.

It's the 14th. What went down today, TTL?

for example video games hve probably given me more stress than fun

Stress, you say? 

t5pQDlO.jpg

I'm thinking of which Bionicle sets I should photograph tonight. I'm also worried about having to get a replacement part for the only MOC I still have built, the one pictured in my avatar. His Y-joint hand broke on the center hole and he cannot hold anything anymore. The piece originally belonged to Rahagah Norik, so I'll need to order one for his sake too. :cry:

Just afraid I won't be allowed to order the part I need.

So my friend gave me a Crunchyroll guest pass on Monday because I'm on break and I wanted to binge JoJo and she's a nice person. These are supposed to last only 48 hours at the max. I activated the one she gave me at midnight on Monday night (technically Tuesday), as I had to create a Crunchyroll account to so. So it's almost midnight on Friday night, and the darn thing hasn't expired yet. Does anyone have any theories?

I have no theories, but I suggest using the service nonstop until you can't access it anymore. :P

I'm thinking of which Bionicle sets I should photograph tonight. I'm also worried about having to get a replacement part for the only MOC I still have built, the one pictured in my avatar. His Y-joint hand broke on the center hole and he cannot hold anything anymore. The piece originally belonged to Rahagah Norik, so I'll need to order one for his sake too. :cry:

What exactly do you mean by "allowed to" in this case? Do you have a website that you're planning to order from?

I have no theories, but I suggest using the service nonstop until you can't access it anymore. :P

Oh, absolutely.

t5pQDlO.jpg

What exactly do you mean by "allowed to" in this case? Do you have a website that you're planning to order from?

Oh, absolutely.
I'd like to try ordering from Bricklink so I can replace more than just that one broken part, but the person I'd need to get permission from is likely to avoid that site since they're not familiar with it. I'm not exactly familiar with it either, so it's not like I can explain how the site works all too well.

How is Crunchyroll anyway? Are there a lot of good shows on it?

Ah. It's been a while, so sorry for any misinformation. BrickLink is based on personal user stores. It is more like a marketplace than something like Lego's Pick-a-Brick. If you see a piece that you like, you're going to have to contact the store owner themselves, rather than than just paying and them shipping it to you like on Ebay. They'll send you an invoice through email on how to pay, and any personal transactions they have put in place will be discussed. Everyone sets up their own rules, so this email back and forth is a must. It's pretty easy once you get used to it, but like with any second-hand online marketplaces, be way of what you purchase.

On the Crunchyroll thing, I don't know what to say. There are a lot of shows to pick from, but most of them are subtitled with Japanese voicing. I have encountered some dubs, like Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, but they're few and far between. I don't speak fluent Japanese, so I have no idea whether or not the translations are accurate or not. The service of free anime (with advertisements, mind you) is very convenient and if your internet is good, is pretty reliable at that. My internet isn't the strongest and the Crunchyroll player isn't usually my friend, so I don't watch a lot of stuff with it. That'll probably change with this twist of free anime fate. I also haven't feared getting a virus from the website either. All in all, if you're looking into watching something and it's on Crunchyroll, it's probably your best bet to use. 

• Upvote 1

t5pQDlO.jpg

crunchyroll's pretty darn good and doesn't require a subscription unless you want hd and getting to see new episodes of an anime when it's actually new. you're definitely not gonna get a virus from it, it's basically anime Netflix.

​their selection isn't too good tho. i started using kissanime because of that but from what i've seen that site's basically unusable now.

​also they took off nichijou from their listings which automatically means the site sucks (i'm kidding but still)

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Crunchyroll's apparent monopoly over virus-free anime kinda sucks, too.

t5pQDlO.jpg

Update: My luck has run out and so has the guest pass.

Cap, I love you.

Part II: Bonkle Tendency

Edited by Inary the Gunhaver

t5pQDlO.jpg

Ah. It's been a while, so sorry for any misinformation. BrickLink is based on personal user stores. It is more like a marketplace than something like Lego's Pick-a-Brick. If you see a piece that you like, you're going to have to contact the store owner themselves, rather than than just paying and them shipping it to you like on Ebay. They'll send you an invoice through email on how to pay, and any personal transactions they have put in place will be discussed. Everyone sets up their own rules, so this email back and forth is a must. It's pretty easy once you get used to it, but like with any second-hand online marketplaces, be way of what you purchase.

On the Crunchyroll thing, I don't know what to say. There are a lot of shows to pick from, but most of them are subtitled with Japanese voicing. I have encountered some dubs, like Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, but they're few and far between. I don't speak fluent Japanese, so I have no idea whether or not the translations are accurate or not. The service of free anime (with advertisements, mind you) is very convenient and if your internet is good, is pretty reliable at that. My internet isn't the strongest and the Crunchyroll player isn't usually my friend, so I don't watch a lot of stuff with it. That'll probably change with this twist of free anime fate. I also haven't feared getting a virus from the website either. All in all, if you're looking into watching something and it's on Crunchyroll, it's probably your best bet to use.

Thank you for the information. I'll probably still look into it more myself though. I want to make sure I fully understand it before I ever really bring it up.

I prefer subtitled anime over dubbed anime, honestly. I like the sound of Japanese voice actors better. I may or may not check out the Crunchyroll app on PS4 since I have a friend into anime and it'd give me something to talk about with him. :)

Thinking about how I'm going to get my Bari saxophone mouthpiece before October 14th.

Amazon is my only option and it would reach me on the 15th.

So I'm in a pickle of a situation.

It's the 14th. What went down today, TTL?

for example video games hve probably given me more stress than fun

Stress, you say?
Jazz band got moved to the 26th I got more time to get it. Edited by ToaTimeLord

pffft

it ain't that bad a place pardner. most of the time.

Well I hope you're right. At the moment I'm trying to get people to look at my work. That's going nowhere.

~ CHTrilogy

I am so upset right now.

For those who don't know there is a game on BZPower called

BZPOWER game of thrones.

I just found out in the Lores and histories library page for the game that my home region of the Jungle was taken over by the fire region leaving only a third of our land left.

This is not good.

I forget where I found this, but evidently, there's a place in France that will sell you a castle for about 800 US dollars.

GUESS WHO'S GOING TO GET A CASTLE, DOGS.