What Are You Thinking?

I get impatient with watching the recordings sometimes too. If there's a part that seems a bit boring to me, I'll skip through to some other part of it.

Thanks for the suggestion, Gunhaver, I'll add Vakama to the team.

I'm one of those guys who actually thought the designs from 2008 were decent. I especially like Lewa's design, whilst Pohatu's is alright, but it feels nostalgic too because it was the first toa set I've ever gotten. Besides, what would be better? Phantoka or Mistika?

Hey, you're welcome. I don't hate the Phantoka designs, but I am not a fan of the the orange Pohatu or the Mistika within themselves. All of the charm of the Toa Nuva were kind of stripped to give way to silver bits and boring set design. I can see the potential nostalgic value of the Phantoka, as they were some of my earlier sets before I really got involved with Bionicle. My first set was Hewkii Inika.

Nice! You are right about the whole set design thing, as it was another victum to the Inika build, but even if tht was the case, I still enjoyed them. I was also quite a fan of the Toa+Matoran unity function, even though some did it better than others. I also added Toa Lewa for nostalgic reasons too, as I adored the set in 2008. Same thing with Hahli, only I actually have this set. After I get Matoro and Lewa, I'll be able to take pics to put on my sig.

BEHOLD.....THE DREAM TEAM! COMING SOON.... :o

~ Oh hi thar, here are some quotes: ~

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" -Toa Mata Tahu, MNOG

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villans and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people he's never met before and who don't know his name can live."

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

That'll be nice to see, if you make it look good. Yeah, I own all of the Phantoka and Mistika sets purely for collection's sake. Well, except that Kopaka Phantoka is AWOL and dismantled completely. I have no idea where his mask went either.

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

I get impatient with watching the recordings sometimes too. If there's a part that seems a bit boring to me, I'll skip through to some other part of it.

There was one stream I watched, I can't remember what he was playing, but Vinny couldn't figure out how something worked or where to go I guess and it was so unbearable watching him try to understand it (I think chat was making things worse). I was thankful for Fullsauce on a whole new level. I couldn't imagine how someone could sit through that live and not get impatient.

​On the flipside, if I'm trying to draw or write something I'm completely fine with those kind of parts because I'm just listening.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Vinny's stream is good background noise to do work to. It feels a bit more personal than just listening to music.

t5pQDlO.jpg

Sometimes I have to rewind just to hear the beginning of a tale because I accidentally drowned it out.

t5pQDlO.jpg

I'm thinking about Halo with Rise Against songs as background music. It seems all I can think of nowadays is Halo and people doing over-the-top fighting game-style combos.

Right? And the idea of a superhero who's actually DEPRESSED because he's so strong and good is such an original idea. Like, he's peaked. No one can really beat him. What's he gonna do?

I've actually seen something like that, but not 100% like what you said. There's an anime/manga called H*llsing (I think you can guess what the asterisk is supposed to represent) or even H*llsing Ultimate where the main character is a vampire named Alucard, who's technically an antihero. Alucard's been around for a really long time and he's super strong, so strong that nothing excites him anymore. He's so bored of life, but there's nothing he can do about it, because he's that special. Then the main threat comes along. Imagine having a vampire under your control and he's so incredibly bored, that he'll eagerly fight whoever you tell him to. I recommend watching or reading the series, but I gotta warn you that there is tons of blood.

mindeth the cobwebs

Right? And the idea of a superhero who's actually DEPRESSED because he's so strong and good is such an original idea. Like, he's peaked. No one can really beat him. What's he gonna do?

I've actually seen something like that, but not 100% like what you said. There's an anime/manga called H*llsing (I think you can guess what the asterisk is supposed to represent) or even H*llsing Ultimate where the main character is a vampire named Alucard, who's technically an antihero. Alucard's been around for a really long time and he's super strong, so strong that nothing excites him anymore. He's so bored of life, but there's nothing he can do about it, because he's that special. Then the main threat comes along. Imagine having a vampire under your control and he's so incredibly bored, that he'll eagerly fight whoever you tell him to. I recommend watching or reading the series, but I gotta warn you that there is tons of blood.

I've seen a little bit of good ol' Hecksing but never properly watched it. Should do that sometime.

oh god my anime watchlist is so long someone help

EDIT: "HAN SOLO. EXACTO KNIFE. MADONNA, VINNY. COME ON, SHE'S GORGEOUS."

Edited by Tarn of the DJD

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

For me, the only thing on my anime list is Macross Delta, and when it comes out, Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans Season 2.

With all the dream team stuff aside, I'm thinking of also getting a Bohrok. Porbably gonna use the thing like a stress ball, only I'm not squeezing the plastic. More like transforming it and tossing and catching it.

However, I'm also thinking about how they should release Sonic 3 on ios...

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" -Toa Mata Tahu, MNOG

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villans and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people he's never met before and who don't know his name can live."

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

Never squeeze your Bohrok. The nip if you do that. 

Most of my watching list is stuff that my friends have suggested to me. Currently, I'm working through the Monogatari series. Honestly, I like to read manga more than watching the anime of series, but that's just me.

t5pQDlO.jpg

I've seen a little bit of good ol' Hecksing but never properly watched it. Should do that sometime.

Oh, nice! I read the whole thing, but never watched it. From what I hear, you should skip the older anime and go right to Ultimate, which only has ten episodes and is apparently done far better than the first anime.

mindeth the cobwebs

Macross is ANOTHER anime series I want to start watching.

Well, you could start anywhere in my opinion. Macross is one of those anime series which doesn't really acknowledge their chronological order. In other words, they don't go into detail about what happened before. Each macross series has it's own unique story, but they also have the same traits of the love triangle and the music. Start on whatever one you like. I started with Frontier and I moved onto Delta.

Never squeeze your Bohrok. The nip if you do that. 

Most of my watching list is stuff that my friends have suggested to me. Currently, I'm working through the Monogatari series. Honestly, I like to read manga more than watching the anime of series, but that's just me.

The Bohrok will be ok, don't worry. I also felt the same way about Fruits Basket.

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

Oh, nice! I read the whole thing, but never watched it. From what I hear, you should skip the older anime and go right to Ultimate, which only has ten episodes and is apparently done far better than the first anime.

I think Toonami used to show it a while back. Shoulda paid more attention when it was on. Guess I'm watching Ultimate tomorrow.

​And One Punch Man.

And Kimagure Orange Road.

​And Macross.

And re-watch Evangelion and oh lord this is gonna be a trip

Well, you could start anywhere in my opinion. Macross is one of those anime series which doesn't really acknowledge their chronological order. In other words, they don't go into detail about what happened before. Each macross series has it's own unique story, but they also have the same traits of the love triangle and the music. Start on whatever one you like. I started with Frontier and I moved onto Delta.

I know, but "series" was the best way I could think of wording that.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

I'm just gonna slip Bakemonogatari into your evergrowing list.

t5pQDlO.jpg

I've actually seen something like that, but not 100% like what you said. There's an anime/manga called H*llsing (I think you can guess what the asterisk is supposed to represent) or even H*llsing Ultimate where the main character is a vampire named Alucard, who's technically an antihero. Alucard's been around for a really long time and he's super strong, so strong that nothing excites him anymore. He's so bored of life, but there's nothing he can do about it, because he's that special. Then the main threat comes along. Imagine having a vampire under your control and he's so incredibly bored, that he'll eagerly fight whoever you tell him to. I recommend watching or reading the series, but I gotta warn you that there is tons of blood.

Oh, nice! I read the whole thing, but never watched it. From what I hear, you should skip the older anime and go right to Ultimate, which only has ten episodes and is apparently done far better than the first anime.

I think Toonami used to show it a while back. Shoulda paid more attention when it was on. Guess I'm watching Ultimate tomorrow.

​And One Punch Man.

​And Macross.

And re-watch Evangelion and oh lord this is gonna be a trip.

Cool! Evangelion! That's a good series too. I'm still waiting on the 3.0+1.0 movie to come out.

Overall, I just like mecha anime, especially Gundam.

I know, but "series" was the best way I could think of wording that.

That's alright. I call it a series too.

Edited by Takama Metru

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

I'm just gonna slip Bakemonogatari into your evergrowing list.

Aaand that's one I've been wanting to watch too.

​BETTER GRAB SOME POPCORN 'CAUSE IT'S ANIME NIGHT TONIGHT

​Also, Takama's mention of 3.0+1.0 reminded me that I need to watch the rest of the Rebuild movies as well.

you know why don't we just rename this topic, "tarn has an anime crisis"

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

​And One Punch Man.

​And Macross.

They actually did show it, but I never watched it. I kinda regret it, but I'll seek it out when I feel like it.

Man, you watch a ton of anime! How do you do it?

mindeth the cobwebs

​And One Punch Man.

​And Macross.

They actually did show it, but I never watched it. I kinda regret it, but I'll seek it out when I feel like it.

I don't, haha. Half the anime on that list I've just started. The only series I've finished are Evangelion, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Nicihijou. I procrastinate a lot, so unless an anime series REALLY hooks me, it takes me a while to finish it (I watched the entirety of Evangelion over the course of a week I'd say, not counting End Of, and since Nozaki-kun is so short I think I finished it in only two days).

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

​And One Punch Man.

​And Macross.

I don't, haha. Half the anime on that list I've just started. The only series I've finished are Evangelion, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Nicihijou. I procrastinate a lot, so unless an anime series REALLY hooks me, it takes me a while to finish it (I watched the entirety of Evangelion over the course of a week I'd say, not counting End Of, and since Nozaki-kun is so short I think I finished it in only two days).

Oh, so you take your time sometimes. Makes sense. I've never gotten into any of the longer stuff, unless you count Dragon Ball Z, but I've basically read the whole thing and briefly followed some of the anime a couple of times, which is why I say I've never completed the anime. Anyway, your feats sound pretty impressive, but I wouldn't know for sure, considering I have no idea how long Evangelion is.

mindeth the cobwebs

Eva isn't very long. But then again I was watching episodes of it daily when I watched it the first time and burning through it pretty quickly because I loved it so much, so it might be longer than I remember. My friend and his brother are really into DBZ and it's made me want to watch it, despite how long it is.

​I've also finished FLCL, which is the shortest out of all the series I mentioned (it's only like, twelve or thirteen episdoes). It's also really good.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Eva isn't very long. But then again I was watching episodes of it daily when I watched it the first time and burning through it pretty quickly because I loved it so much, so it might be longer than I remember. My friend and his brother are really into DBZ and it's made me want to watch it, despite how long it is.

​I've also finished FLCL, which is the shortest out of all the series I mentioned (it's only like, twelve or thirteen episdoes). It's also really good.

I might get into it one of these days, but I dunno when that day will be. DBZ is really cool, but don't watch it for the story. If you just watch it for the fights while paying attention to the plot, it's a fun show. The fights are really good for their time, but animation in general has gotten better since then.

I looked up FLCL and there are two series, one that's six episodes and the other being twelve.

mindeth the cobwebs

I might get into it one of these days, but I dunno when that day will be. DBZ is really cool, but don't watch it for the story. If you just watch it for the fights while paying attention to the plot, it's a fun show. The fights are really good for their time, but animation in general has gotten better since then.

I looked up FLCL and there are two series, one that's six episodes and the other being twelve.

OH SHOOT I forgot. They made a sequel to FLCL. The twelve episode one is the original 2003(?) series, the six episode one's probably the new one. DANGIT I NEED TO WATCH THAT TOO.

As for DBZ: I dunno, I feel like I'd rather watch it for both, even though it takes multiple episodes for it to get through the simplest plot movements.

ALSO: Watched episode two and three of One Punch Man. This show is frickin' amazing.

​"Today is...bargain day at the supermarket!!"

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

OH SHOOT I forgot. They made a sequel to FLCL. The twelve episode one is the original 2003(?) series, the six episode one's probably the new one. DANGIT I NEED TO WATCH THAT TOO.

As for DBZ: I dunno, I feel like I'd rather watch it for both, even though it takes multiple episodes for it to get through the simplest plot movements.

ALSO: Watched episode two and three of One Punch Man. This show is frickin' amazing.

It's actually the other way around, so if you're going to watch it this week, watch it in the correct order! :D

That's perfectly okay. DBZ wasn't really known for its plot, but I can't disregard some of the really interesting stuff you see in the plot. I guess with the anime dragging on a little, it makes all the plot points seem way more interesting because you spent so much time getting to them. Also, word of advice, skip the filler and once you finish the anime, watch the two movies Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods and Resurrection F.

I've heard good things about One Punch Man, even though I've also heard complaints about Saitama himself. I'll have to give the anime a try, though.

mindeth the cobwebs

It's actually the other way around, so if you're going to watch it this week, watch it in the correct order! :D

That's perfectly okay. DBZ wasn't really known for its plot, but I can't disregard some of the really interesting stuff you see in the plot. I guess with the anime dragging on a little, it makes all the plot points seem way more interesting because you spent so much time getting to them. Also, word of advice, skip the filler and once you finish the anime, watch the two movies Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods and Resurrection F.

I've heard good things about One Punch Man, even though I've also heard complaints about Saitama himself. I'll have to give the anime a try, though.

holy wow was the original FLCL really only six episodes??

​No wonder I finished it in one night. Huh. Also I'll probably have to look up a guide to figure out what's filler and what's not in DBZ. Battle of Gods is something I really want to watch.

​And I'm kinda curious as to what these complaints about Saitama are. Who is criticizing my son (is it that he's overpowered? 'Cause that's kinda the point).

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

holy wow was the original FLCL really only six episodes??

​No wonder I finished it in one night. Huh. Also I'll probably have to look up a guide to figure out what's filler and what's not in DBZ. Battle of Gods is something I really want to watch.

​And I'm kinda curious as to what these complaints about Saitama are. Who is criticizing my son (is it that he's overpowered? 'Cause that's kinda the point).

Yep. Looked it up and everything.

You didn't even realize it was six episodes during that night? Now I can't truly say I'm in the zone unless I'm you. You could look up the original DBZ anime or even just watch the DBZ: Kai that was shown on Toonami. The visual quality's better, there's no filler, and language and violence are intact. If you're going to watch it, watch it to the end, then there's a whole other arc that hasn't even come out for Kai in America yet. Either wait for it to come out in America later this year, or if you're impatient, seek it out in the original version. Battle of Gods is a really cool movie, but the movie was over before it began in my opinion. Crucial plot points were spoiled by the creators months before the movie's release, so it took me about two years to watch it because I technically already watched it. Be sure to watch Resurrection F for the sake of completion and the watch Dragon Ball Super if you're up for it. The first two sagas are really just the last two movies with a new coat of paint, but they try something newer after that.

This ain't me saying it, but the complaints basically boil down to how boring Saitama seems. Since One-Punch Man is technically a comedy, I'll ignore that aspect if I watch it.

mindeth the cobwebs

I think I knew how long FLCL is, it's just been a while and I forgot. Then again, like I said, if I'm really enjoying an anime its length becomes null to me.

I'm thinking of just watching Kai but I'm not sure. I'd like to experience the series as it was originally broadcast. I'll probably just go ahead and watch it, though. I'll probably wait a bit before I watch DBZ or any of the movies and all that though, since I have all these other series I want to watch/finish watching.

​And Saitama isn't really boring, imo. Really, it's more like, he's bored with everything. He gets more worried about simple everyday tasks than the villains he faces because he's so strong, which creates a lot of funny moments. In the fourth episode there's a gang whose main trait (besides stolen prototype battle suits they wear) is that they're all bald, which is what influences Saitama to stop them, because they "stole his look" and might tarnish it.

​Also the scene that gives context to the "bargain day" quote, but I won't spoil that here because it's a great scene.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

I think I knew how long FLCL is, it's just been a while and I forgot. Then again, like I said, if I'm really enjoying an anime its length becomes null to me.

I'm thinking of just watching Kai but I'm not sure. I'd like to experience the series as it was originally broadcast. I'll probably just go ahead and watch it, though. I'll probably wait a bit before I watch DBZ or any of the movies and all that though, since I have all these other series I want to watch/finish watching.

​And Saitama isn't really boring, imo. Really, it's more like, he's bored with everything. He gets more worried about simple everyday tasks than the villains he faces because he's so strong, which creates a lot of funny moments. In the fourth episode there's a gang whose main trait (besides stolen prototype battle suits they wear) is that they're all bald, which is what influences Saitama to stop them, because they "stole his look" and might tarnish it.

​Also the scene that gives context to the "bargain day" quote, but I won't spoil that here because it's a great scene.

That's like the definition of being in the zone! Usually, when I'm following an anime or manga, I always think of how much longer I have to go.

If you want to watch the original broadcast version, go for it. But with Kai, you basically watch what you came for in better visual quality and no filler whatsoever. Everything shown in Kai has to do with the plot. I do recommend clearing your list before getting into DBZ as well. You can't really pause for a month-long break in the middle of a fight. Also, there are a ton of other Dragon Ball Z movies, but BoG and RF are the only ones remotely close to canon. Avoid all the other ones until you've finished RF, then watch them if you want. They're completely optional; just for fun.

I wouldn't know, considering I'm not a fan of the series, but he does sound funny, especially with the whole "stealing his look" thing. That would get a good reaction out of me.

I'll be on the lookout for that if I start watching!

mindeth the cobwebs

I mean, with Eva, I was sorta paying attention to the length sometimes, but that was when I was wondering how close to the end I was since that's when all the big stuff start's happening. I'll probably just go ahead and watch Kai once I clear my watchlist.

​And you really won't have to be on the "lookout" for that scene, per say. The show's a bit villain-of-the-week and it's during the episode's main fight. The buildup to it is fantastic, but that's all I'll say, lest I spoil it completely.

​EDIT: Oh, and I tried watching Ultimate. Went with the dub and...yeah, I'm gonna watch the sub instead. It feels like the VAs have never heard a British accent. The only good one was teenaged Integra.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

I mean, with Eva, I was sorta paying attention to the length sometimes, but that was when I was wondering how close to the end I was since that's when all the big stuff start's happening. I'll probably just go ahead and watch Kai once I clear my watchlist.

​And you really won't have to be on the "lookout" for that scene, per say. The show's a bit villain-of-the-week and it's during the episode's main fight. The buildup to it is fantastic, but that's all I'll say, lest I spoil it completely.

​EDIT: Oh, and I tried watching Ultimate. Went with the dub and...yeah, I'm gonna watch the sub instead. It feels like the VAs have never heard a British accent. The only good one was teenaged Integra.

Getting excited for the near-end can really make a man concerned about his current position in a series. Yeah, clear the watchlist and then go to Kai. DBZ is a big commitment on its own, so it needs a lot of attention.

I guess I'd be dumb to miss it, then! Villain-of-the-week/monster-of-the-day can be really entertaining if done right, and it sounds like OPM was done right as well.

Huh, good call. Alucard's voice sounds cool in English, though. But no British accents in goshdarn England?!! That's madness!

mindeth the cobwebs

There's like a hint of an accent with a lot of characters, but you can tell they're not really trying. It sounds so off. Usually if a show has a dub a avalible I go for it (especially if it's something like Eva, which is more well known for its dub), but this is the first time I've went for subs out of choice, not because it was the only option.

Anyways, considering OPM is twelve episodes long and I'm on episode five now, I may end up watching this whole dang show in one night. Not that I'm complaining.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Tarn, if you can get your hands on it, I suggest reading the manga of Dragon Ball (I use this because the series are supposed to be considered as one whole series consisting of forty-two volumes), as it is a lot easier to digest the colossus that way. There's no room for filler besides talking, taunting, or expository dialogue, as it's the original form of the series. That's how I know the story and I call the character by what they were in the books (i.e Lunch vs. Launch or Tenshinhan vs. Tien or Genki Dama vs. Spirit Bomb). I have enjoyed the anime a lot, too, and I have seen both the original from the Dragon Box sets and Dragon Ball Z Kai. I have nostalgia for the original Funimation dub and the series filler because of when I watched it. Kai, although without filler, is still strange. 

Oh yeah, I will watch the dubbed version of a show if I have the opportunity. If not, it's fine, as I read rather quickly.

t5pQDlO.jpg

Alright then, guess I'm starting a reading list, too. Getting my hands on a volume of Dragon Ball shouldn't be a problem since KissAnime has a manga section. Although, some of the scans are pretty big and make my computer slow down, which is why I haven't read the original Nozaki-kun manga (the anime only adapted a few issues of it while also omitting certain details, and it's still continuing to this day instead of just ending where the anime did).

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Just learned that Old Turkish and Hunnic come from Aramaic, and that Old Turkish later develops into Old Hungarian. So that means that distantly, Arabic and Hungarian languages are related. i am just thinking how weird that is.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I would also suggest starting from the very beginning when Goku was but a child. That's up you, though. If you have money, you can probably find some of the actual volumes in a local store. I found old Yu-Gi-Oh! books from a nearby Barnes & Noble.

Here's low-quality image that provides proof that Dragon Ball was originally but one series, no Zs involved:

manga-dragon-ball-z-jap-collection.jpg

Fancy how language works like that, Iaredios.

Edited by New Age Retro Gunhaver

t5pQDlO.jpg