Set Review: 6200 Evo

6200_evo_teaser.jpg

Another day and another 2012 set review! Bfahome steps up to the plate again to look at Evo (thankfully not Evo 4.0 or something silly like that) after reviewing his nemesis Toxic Reapa yesterday. Is he ready to take down the nefarious villain and should he be added to your collection? Read on to find out!

View the full article

Thanks for the review, Bfa! :) Evo has been my favourite Hero for this wave ever since I first saw him, and that hasn´t changed, so he is going to be the first set I pick up next week with Toxic Reapa. :rolleyes:~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Evo looks quite good. I liked the comparison image between the old and new Hero Cores. (And today is still the same day for me, so that's two reviews in one day! Yayz!)I'm probably getting Surge or Rocka, and definitely getting Toxic Reapa. He reminds me of Corroder, who was my first HF set. I might get Evo... The arm looks cool, and would be good for MOC'ing...

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Wow. And here I thought that I was starting to convince myself to save my money. Now I'll have to try much harder, because my mind's starting to think of many different uses for Evo, both MOC wise and not. And I still have yet to do things with the 08 versions of the Nuva. D=But very nice review. =) Interesting that the Glatorian head is back however... Looks like the 2.0/3.0 head is going to make those new connection points unneeded again, especially if they stick with good ol' axles for the mask connections. =P

yeah evvo has alwwavves been reelly cull and im insanely happy that they are knot bein classed as 40 or somethin stupid pike thatalso awwesome cannon arm is awwesome i wwas gettin sick of havvin the exact same thornax launchers for each wwavve of hero factory its nice to sea they at least made a effort to make it moray original an interestin this wwavvean the handcuffs are rigidreellythat sucksi wwasnt plannin on gettin evvo but noww im considerin it because a this revvieww

Edited by caligulasAquarium

"Only the insane equate pain with success.

Only the savage regard endurance of pain as a measure of worth.

Only the foolish consider pain to be just wages for being different".- The Cheshire Cat (American McGee's Alice/Alice:Madness Returns)

I don't like that they went back to the old heads. I like backwards compatibility. At least the head can be changed out. I was not planing on Evo before and I'm still not. Good review nun the less.

Edited by Smitty

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

I don't like that they went back to the old heads. I like backwards compatibility. At least the head can be changed out. I was not planing on Evo before and I'm still not. Good review nun the less.

The old heads are far more backwards compatible. They're compatible with all new masks 2004-2010, and with the Glatorian heads, and all Hero Factory helmets from 1.0. :)

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

The old heads are far more backwards compatible. They're compatible with all new masks 2004-2010, and with the Glatorian heads, and all Hero Factory helmets from 1.0. :)
All well and good, it would be even better if I had any of that stuff.

I have a question!Can you fit a 2.0/3.0 chestplate onto a 4.0 chestplate?

According to the video I saw, yes.

You are their rock.

Sorry. I've been collecting BIONICLE since 2002, and I automatically assume everyone else was also collecting them at the start. :PUnless you were collecting them at the start, and just didn't collect after 2003. In which case I apologise again.EDIT: Nevermind, just looked at your profile. Why no masks or helmets from 2004 onwards? Edited by Pirok the Va-Matoran

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

I'm liking this set more and more. I can't wait for it...

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Good review. It's too bad he doesn't come with more yellow, but he looks like a well built Hero. Maybe not the best, but decent. Also, the handcuffs look interesting... I thought they were all a solid mold, but the two pieces are connected by a chain, which is nice. Thanks for the picts and review, Bfa!:music:

Surge and Evo are my two favorite Hero Factory characters. Looks like I'm lucky this wave. :DLooks like a better set than I thought. I originally thought he had black feet, but gunmetal is a lot better. Oh great. If I get Splitface, I'll have 3 gunmetal feet. How useful <_<

Sorry. I've been collecting BIONICLE since 2002, and I automatically assume everyone else was also collecting them at the start. :PUnless you were collecting them at the start, and just didn't collect after 2003. In which case I apologise again.EDIT: Nevermind, just looked at your profile. Why no masks or helmets from 2004 onwards?
Moves a Devorce forced me to give up some of my collecting. I also collect Transformers and at the time they were putting out stuff I was more interested in. I also gave away a big chunk of my collection at some point.

You are their rock.

I checked LEGO Shop at Home, and I didn't see the 4.0 heroes. But then again, you did say they were sent to you guys. But I'll wait for when they actually come out. That or LEGO S@H is just so dang glitchy.Sorry if that's a "mailto" link, it just did it automatically.

Edited by Battling Makuta!

banner_friendorfoe1.png

"You listen well, brother--" *WHAP!* (gets hit by Iron Man)

"...I'm listening."

Thor and Loki, Marvel's The Avengers

I checked LEGO Shop at Home, and I didn't see the 4.0 heroes. But then again, you did say they were sent to you guys. But I'll wait for when they actually come out. That or LEGO S@H is just so dang glitchy.Sorry if that's a "mailto" link, it just did it automatically.

BZPower has got the sets beforehand to review before they become available. This was done last year as well. They should be available on S@H in January 2012 at the latest, most likely as early as 1st January, if not even earlier, but you can already find them in TRU in the US. They will become available in Europe (at least in Germany, pretty sure this applies to most other countries as well) this or next week.~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

BZPower has got the sets beforehand to review before they become available. This was done last year as well. They should be available on S@H in January 2012 at the latest, most likely as early as 1st January, if not even earlier, but you can already find them in TRU in the US. They will become available in Europe (at least in Germany, pretty sure this applies to most other countries as well) this or next week.~Gata. ;)
Yay! I know what I'm getting myself for Christmas...Other than that Fikou...

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

I don't get the whole "what, no purple, this sucks" thing. I mean, I know everyone has this creepy purple obsession and all, but it's not like Evo is even the first to have a color change. Furno, Surge and Rocka have had their "core" colors changed. It's not surprising at all.Anyways, good review. Evo is a set I'm definitely getting. That helmet and arm are pretty cool.

AXKP5KC.png

I still can't get over how the sets come in BAGS. I might mistake it for a snack and eat the pieces while watching TV! My poor teeth.

I know. I don't understand why LEGO decided to do that.I've been wondering if the Hero Factory sets were truly worth it, and I think this review might help me consider what would be on that holiday shopping list in the LEGO section! Nice review!

Seems legit.

comet.jpg

Who wants to play Kolhii?

I still can't get over how the sets come in BAGS. I might mistake it for a snack and eat the pieces while watching TV! My poor teeth.

I know. I don't understand why LEGO decided to do that.
Because it's more cost efficient? All the 8$ Breakout sets have a whole lot more pieces than usual, since they don't have to spend more money on the plastic for the packaging. Heck, Toxic Reapa has about as many parts as the medium boxed villains of 2010, and Evo isn't far behind. It's a smart business decision.

AXKP5KC.png