Tahu Mata Sprite (Chimoru R style)

FrozenPancake_

So, I decided to take a crack at using the Chimoru R Kit, a spiffy kit created by our very own @Soran

I thought, "What better character to make than Tahu?"

The result was this:

gallery_115994_378_23922.gif

I wanted to make it resemble the set more closely without radically changing the silhouette, so the shoulder and hip joints were painted black. Since I'm an amateur at sprite-making, no Fire Sword here. Just some flames around Tahu's hand. :P

Thoughts?   :)

Edited by FrozenPancake_
  • Upvote 2

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

I think that the fire is cool. It's always nice to see a sprite artist growing. One thing that I thought would be nice is if you edited the leg and arm design a bit more, giving even more of a mata build feel. But alas, this is cool, too.

What did you use to make it? I recommend Paint.net, but a lot of people also say to use Gimp.

I really hope to see some more original sprite art from you in the future. Messing with sprite kits is definitely a good place to start, but try dabbling with your own work, too. My first original piece of sprite art was a banana. A small, simple, banana.

Edited by Kohnoh Toa of the Green

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

I think that the fire is cool. It's always nice to see a sprite artist growing. One thing that I thought would be nice is if you edited the leg and arm design a bit more, giving even more of a mata build feel. But alas, this is cool, too.

What did you use to make it? I recommend Paint.net, but a lot of people also say to use Gimp.

I really hope to see some more original sprite art from you in the future. Messing with sprite kits is definitely a good place to start, but try dabbling with your own work, too. My first original piece of sprite art was a banana. A small, simple, banana.

Thank you! Editing the legs would've been a neat thing, come to think of it. 

I actually used two programs to make it. I built and extracted a base sprite from the kit using Pixlr (it's similar to Photoshop), and then I went into Piskel to color and animate the sprite. :) I may dabble in Paint.net though, thank you for the suggestion. 

Bananas are good. So are toasters. 

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: