BBCC 73: Toa Jordrok

01_main.jpg

Gallery

Among the Northern Continent's most valued warriors is Jordrok, Toa of Fire. He is the solemn defender of that land and its rightful inhabitants, on every scale - from defending Matoran from unruly Rahi to commanding an army. Long ago he failed, but now any force he commands surely rank among the universe's most fearsome, in no small part for his grim mastery of the Tryna.

My entry in the official BBC Contest #73. I admit, I wasn't very enthusiastic about this contest's theme at first, but it was actually a lot of fun when I got started on it. An interesting challenge, and maybe a little nostalgic. So anyways here you go; looking forward to hearing what you think!

• Upvote 13

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Man, I love everything about this. The custom limbs, the custom torso, the shoulder connection, the sword, the shoulder connection, the atypical use of some parts, the tasteful use of the vorox armor, the shoulder connection, the shield*launcher thing, the shoulder connection and the color scheme.

Did I mention the shoulder connection? Yeah.

I'm stealing that. (will obviously credit, though  :P )

Also, MOCers really seem to like the Tryna for the purposes of this contest. Not that that is an issue!

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Yeah the unique shoulders and heavy customization are very cool, but having a gear function and an excellent colour scheme is what really gives this model a shot in the contest. I do love the shield blaster, but I'm surprised you didn't use a hand piece for the hands.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

Man, I love everything about this. The custom limbs, the custom torso, the shoulder connection, the sword, the shoulder connection, the atypical use of some parts, the tasteful use of the vorox armor, the shoulder connection, the shield*launcher thing, the shoulder connection and the color scheme.

Also, MOCers really seem to like the Tryna for the purposes of this contest. Not that that is an issue!

Thanks! I get the impression you might like the shoulder connection? :P

I promise I chose the Tryna independently - in case something like that might give me second thoughts about the design I wanted, I didn't even look at any of the other contest entries until just now! I'm not surprised though, it's a good mask.

Yeah the unique shoulders and heavy customization are very cool, but having a gear function and an excellent colour scheme is what really gives this model a shot in the contest. I do love the shield blaster and I'm surprised you didn't use a hand piece for then hands.

Glad you approve! I did consider using a hand piece, but the socket joint feels much more G1, I think - with the hand only introduced in 2009, the vast majority of G1 sets used the y-joint, so I did the same here.

Thanks! I get the impression you might like the shoulder connection? :P

I promise I chose the Tryna independently - in case something like that might give me second thoughts about the design I wanted, I didn't even look at any of the other contest entries until just now! I'm not surprised though, it's a good mask.

Oh, I didn't mean that comment about the Tryna as criticism :D  It is a real fine mask. I always liked the design, and wished that it would have been produced in more colors - or that those visor/windshield pieces that went under it and a few other 2007/8 masks. What I wouldn't give for a brown Tryna with a trans orange or trans green visor...

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Sweet color scheme! I love the Vorox armor/Bohrok feet shoulders; the points complement each other so well.  Spectacularly integrated gears, those Metru chest elements are a brilliant solution.  Is it a functional gearbox? It looks like it could be.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

Sweet color scheme! I love the Vorox armor/Bohrok feet shoulders; the points complement each other so well.  Spectacularly integrated gears, those Metru chest elements are a brilliant solution.  Is it a functional gearbox? It looks like it could be.

Good to hear! The gearbox is indeed functional; rotating the bigger gear on the back swings the sword arm, as you probably guessed.

Relatively simple, but a solid design and general look.  Also, gears.  This works superbly well.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )