Mfwitdagunogtokassapilspåryggen

Bit too bare bones for my case, I like customization but I see little on his limbs that could not be replaced with a  hero factory part. His head also feels too big for such a skinny build, It'd probably be significantly improved if you changed it.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

Bit too bare bones for my case, I lie customization but I see little on his limbs that could not be replaced with a  hero factory part. His head also feels too big for such a skinny build, It'd probably be significantly improved if you changed it.

Hi The Invisible Noob. Sorry I could not pleasure you. This model was not made for you, though. :)

Yes, I agree. The models' (his) head has a tendency to look a bit big. I think that depends on how you take the photo, though. His character also has a tendency to change depending how you photograph him, which is a bit unfortunate. Oh well. I prefer the photo on the left. 

I'm all open for suggestions, though. If you feel you have a better understanding for how the model I built of my own volition, for myself, should look like, by all means, give me the illustrations necessary for me to consider it and maybe I'll do just that! 

EDIT: Hope I didn't overreact here, but c'mon son!

Edited by Pocun

Hi Huichelaar, I mainly just wanted to share this model with people on BZP. I don't know what feedback there is to add to my model as I built it for myself, in my own free time, at my own volition. What would this feedback be based upon? Is it how you would like to see my model based on your own fantasy? Fine. Replicate my model and expand on it then. Share the pictures with me. I'm all down for it. But, don't whine and complain to me about how you wish the model I built of my own volition and free time should look like. I won't follow your wishes. Has anyone on this sub-forum ever catered to other peoples' wishes for how they wished the OP's model looked like? Why on earth would they do that?

I wasn't surprised by the first comment, because I have both seen them and made them myself when I used to frequent this site eight to twelve years ago (good times). It's then disappointing to see that this pointless type of complaining is still around here. Personally, back then I did it just to up my post-count. And it's fine if you want to do that but, please have the decency to do it in some other way than complaining.

To conclude: it's not feedback I'm looking for here. Did you like my model? Great! Do you want to expand on it? Go right ahead. Feel free to share some pictures with me. Did you use any of my ideas on your own model? Then show me! I'd be delighted to see it. Now that I've mentioned that, I guess I should say that my model bears its influence from this model made by nacatumi some years back... 

Fairly basic looking, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's distinct! I like the boxes on his back, though I don't know what they're for. Adding a couple of white tiles to his chest might help you give him a bit more color if you're into that, and I noticed he has a yellow spacer on one arm that isn't there in other pictures, was that intentional, or?

EDIT: Could we get a shot of his back?

Edited by Strider!

Hi Huichelaar, I mainly just wanted to share this model with people on BZP. I don't know what feedback there is to add to my model as I built it for myself, in my own free time, at my own volition. What would this feedback be based upon? Is it how you would like to see my model based on your own fantasy? Fine. Replicate my model and expand on it then. Share the pictures with me. I'm all down for it. But, don't whine and complain to me about how you wish the model I built of my own volition and free time should look like. I won't follow your wishes. Has anyone on this sub-forum ever catered to other peoples' wishes for how they wished the OP's model looked like? Why on earth would they do that?

Whenever a model is displayed onto BZPower it is implicitly going to get feedback, it's even in the rules. This feedback will be based upon the reviewers own building experiences, standards and sense of aesthetics, not what they want built but what they would do if they were you building this model. I myself have reworked models based on feedback I have received on this forum and so have others. As an example Disciple took my advice and may make changes to his Pohatu, Master of Skull Scorpions. I reckon there are a few other cases as well on this very site. I find such feedback important because I often find myself blind to my own models flaws. However you do not need to change your model, and I was never requesting that you did, I was just pointing out what I thought was wrong.

Fairly basic looking, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's distinct! I like the boxes on his back, though I don't know what they're for. Adding a couple of white tiles to his chest might help you give him a bit more color if you're into that, and I noticed he has a yellow spacer on one arm that isn't there in other pictures, was that intentional, or?

Good point on the white tiles on the chest, something definitely needs to be added to that area. I reccomend something like white Cheese Wedges.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

Honestly, what impresses me the most is the gun; it's so simple, yet very effective! Have you thought up any more Bionicle-scale firearms? And if you'd like to share designs, I can see if any of my old custom Halo guns are stiff on Brickshelf!

Hi Kepora, thank you. Glad you liked it. Yes, there is this one.

And yeah sure, share some designs! 

Hah! I like the "not-SAW" you've got going on there. :P And gladly! I only designed a handful, but I'm still proud of them.

halo_weapons_1_001.jpg

And the gallery showing them in action, as well as a subfolder with instructions. Feel free to re-use or modify whatever you like! http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=177233

• 2 weeks later...

I dig skeletal MOCs, especially those with unique and fully-flexible torsos, but the free ball joints on the HF arms and legs bother me. The color choices feel odd to me as well. The light grey chest piece sticks out like a sore thumb, and all the free studs left on it really makes me wish there was so smoother bricks on it at least. The red ball joints are odd because there isn't red anywhere else on the MOC. It could also use more white somewhere else on his body; having it only on the head, hands, and feet feels a little bare. I also don't understand why there's a 1/2L piece only on the right forearm and right thigh, and both of them are even different colors.

Overall I think it looks neat, but there could definitely be some improvements, more specifically with color balance and the pieces used for the limbs. IMO if you keep the red pieces, I think it'd help a lot if you made the eye pieces on the head red as well (or trans-red). Maybe add another red piece to the chest to cut back on all the free studs on the chest. Some more white pieces to the torso or upper sections of the limbs would also do a lot of good, IMO. The box on the back is really cool too (don't know why one is brown and the other is black though).