• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Dark Hunter Rampage (BBC #73)

gears BBC Contest 73 BBC 73 Dark Hunter Infrared

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Infrared

Infrared
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Stalwart Defender

• 24-August 07
  • 405 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 21 2016 - 08:33 PM

Among the Dark Hunters' ranks stand some of the cleverest spies and backstabbers the universe has ever seen. But sometimes The Shadowed One just wants to break stuff. That's when he calls in Rampage.

27214817023_f5b16507fd_z.jpg

Flickr album     Gear function! (gif)

My entry to BBC #73. Few things stand out as more quintessentially G1 to me than the models from the 2006 Dark Hunters book. I tried to replicate that unpolished mechanical style here. In fact, as far as I know all the pieces in Rampage except the upper arms were available in 2005 when the Dark Hunter contest took place.

I'd love to hear your comments and criticism!

Edit 2016-07-17: Gear function instructions!

Edited by Infrared, Jul 17 2016 - 08:36 PM.

#2 Offline xccj

xccj
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Staff Mask Maker

• 17-January 03
  • 7,084 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jun 21 2016 - 08:37 PM

Awesome, that gear function works really well. And it's pretty cool that you limited most of your parts to that era too.

:music:

#3 Offline The Invisible Handman

The Invisible Handman
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 20-March 05
  • 2,293 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 22 2016 - 01:32 AM

Unique colour scheme, lot's of interesting customization and a  cool gear function. I like this. Good job on giving him a unique head.

#4 Offline Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 22-May 05
  • 1,470 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 23 2016 - 01:12 AM

For better or for worse, it does remind me of the sort of MoC that showed up in old Lego magazines and Bionicle sourcebooks.

I'd actually have something of substance to say here, but I'm too lazy to think of anything.  >_< Er, have some BZPRPG profiles, I guess?

I used to help Dominus Temporis with writing MLWTB back in the day, even if I was really terrible at it.  If anyone's in contact with him, could ya help me get in touch?   :)

#5 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 15-March 03
  • 12,024 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jun 24 2016 - 04:41 AM

I think this is one of my favorite entries for this contest. Love the junky pre-2005 feel and the inclusion of a function.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

#6 Offline Infrared

Infrared
  • Stalwart Defender

• 24-August 07
  • 405 posts

Posted Jun 29 2016 - 02:02 PM

For better or for worse, it does remind me of the sort of MoC that showed up in old Lego magazines and Bionicle sourcebooks.

It's not the most aesthetically pleasing, I'll give you that. But hey, looking good wasn't really the point. If it reminds you of the old Dark Hunter MOCs, I'll call that a win in my book. :P

Sorry for not responding earlier--thanks for the positive responses everyone! And for your votes too--off to the finals! That said, I'd love to hear criticism and/or suggestions on how to improve this MOC!

#7 Offline Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 22-May 05
  • 1,470 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 02 2016 - 02:41 AM

"But hey, looking good wasn't really the point."  Heh.  When you put it like that... :P (That's not sarcasm, for the record.)

Improvements... well, to be honest, everything I would say would just be related to making it more aesthetically pleasing, which, as stated, doesn't really matter.  As far as the contest and intent goes, I think Rampage is pretty good as it is, and judging by all the votes you got, a decent chunk of BZP thinks so as well!

I'd actually have something of substance to say here, but I'm too lazy to think of anything.  >_< Er, have some BZPRPG profiles, I guess?

I used to help Dominus Temporis with writing MLWTB back in the day, even if I was really terrible at it.  If anyone's in contact with him, could ya help me get in touch?   :)

#8 Offline YJF

YJF
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 05-April 14
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2016 - 12:43 AM

I don't know if this is still gonna be checked but could I get a how-to on that function? I love the entire thing, but that's what stands out the most.

Also, where did you get those giga-gears? That's what I'm calling them XD

#9 Offline Infrared

Infrared
  • Stalwart Defender

• 24-August 07
  • 405 posts

Posted Jul 17 2016 - 04:58 PM

I don't know if this is still gonna be checked but could I get a how-to on that function? I love the entire thing, but that's what stands out the most.
Also, where did you get those giga-gears? That's what I'm calling them XD

Sorry about the wait, I was out of town. Yeah, here are instructions!

As for those big gears, I think I got them from Sidorak. Here is a list of sets that use them.

Thanks for the comment!

#10 Offline YJF

YJF
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 05-April 14
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 18 2016 - 03:01 AM

Thanks! It'd fit for Chromia.

#11 Offline Erasmus Graves

Erasmus Graves
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 15-October 15
  • 356 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 19 2016 - 03:46 AM

A nice MOC with some Krekka vibes and that classic MOC feel that makes me nostalgic. Good job!

Edited by Erasmus Graves, Jul 19 2016 - 03:47 AM.

"Mutiny, Booty and Entropy"  - The Three Vices of the Frostelus

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users