Dark Hunter Rampage (BBC #73)

Among the Dark Hunters' ranks stand some of the cleverest spies and backstabbers the universe has ever seen. But sometimes The Shadowed One just wants to break stuff. That's when he calls in Rampage.

27214817023_f5b16507fd_z.jpg

Flickr album     Gear function! (gif)

My entry to BBC #73. Few things stand out as more quintessentially G1 to me than the models from the 2006 Dark Hunters book. I tried to replicate that unpolished mechanical style here. In fact, as far as I know all the pieces in Rampage except the upper arms were available in 2005 when the Dark Hunter contest took place.

I'd love to hear your comments and criticism!

Edit 2016-07-17: Gear function instructions!

Edited by Infrared
  • Upvote 6

For better or for worse, it does remind me of the sort of MoC that showed up in old Lego magazines and Bionicle sourcebooks.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

For better or for worse, it does remind me of the sort of MoC that showed up in old Lego magazines and Bionicle sourcebooks.

It's not the most aesthetically pleasing, I'll give you that. But hey, looking good wasn't really the point. If it reminds you of the old Dark Hunter MOCs, I'll call that a win in my book. :P

Sorry for not responding earlier--thanks for the positive responses everyone! And for your votes too--off to the finals! That said, I'd love to hear criticism and/or suggestions on how to improve this MOC!

"But hey, looking good wasn't really the point."  Heh.  When you put it like that... :P (That's not sarcasm, for the record.)

Improvements... well, to be honest, everything I would say would just be related to making it more aesthetically pleasing, which, as stated, doesn't really matter.  As far as the contest and intent goes, I think Rampage is pretty good as it is, and judging by all the votes you got, a decent chunk of BZP thinks so as well!

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

I don't know if this is still gonna be checked but could I get a how-to on that function? I love the entire thing, but that's what stands out the most.

Also, where did you get those giga-gears? That's what I'm calling them XD

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is still gonna be checked but could I get a how-to on that function? I love the entire thing, but that's what stands out the most.

Also, where did you get those giga-gears? That's what I'm calling them XD

Sorry about the wait, I was out of town. Yeah, here are instructions!

As for those big gears, I think I got them from Sidorak. Here is a list of sets that use them.

Thanks for the comment!