BBCC #73 Makuta Hunter

When I think of G1, I think of the warrior/titan sets.  G2 (so far) has been unable to deliver anything as complex or stunning as these sets, which were no doubt the best that the Bionicle line had to offer.  I have created something that relies heavily on a technic skeleton (like '01 to '05 titans) as well as leg pistons for support ('06 onward), while trying to capture that outer aesthetic that is unmistakably Gen1.

So, this is my entry to the contest, 'Makuta Hunter'

Most do not know his name (not even I do!) but the Makuta Hunter is a being of great power and mystique.  It is said that he was created from a lowly matoran whose village was decimated by the likes of the Makuta. He has been given strength and power beyond that of even the greatest toa heroes, for the sole purpose of hunting and destroying the Makuta that plague the peaceful existence that the denizens of the matoran universe so greatly deserve. He stands here with an artifact known as the Contortionist's Sceptre, no doubt a prize seized from the claws of an unworthy Makuta.

Entry pic:

DSCN3848.JPG

picasa web album: https://picasaweb.google.com/115854618419690141775/6298811026659682097?authkey=Gv1sRgCPaC4OK__tSzYQ

Other notes: I used some G2 technic connections here and there, but for the most part 99% of this MOC is old '09 and under bionicle parts.  The green tubes are from hero factory meltdown.  The MOC stands about 11.5 inches tall at the top of the green mask.

Edited by LyreFyre
  • Upvote 6

Thank you. There are definitely a few areas that I wanted to put more time into, especially the hands.  I may need to put in a brinklink order soon as I just don't have the pieces I need at the moment.

I also lost one of the green fins on the shoulder, but I kept the asymmetrical look since it still looks good.  Shoulder armor is usually the asymmetrical part on many builds anyway.