The Mask Makers

http://orig04.deviantart.net/3d40/f/2016/174/c/c/the_mask_makers_by_mate397-da7c5p0.jpg

Bought another Skull Grinder vs Mask Maker to have the two built, plus additional pieces for Makuta

http://orig11.deviantart.net/6c9e/f/2016/174/6/6/makuta_and_his_bird_by_mate397-da7c6la.jpg

Makuta also got a őet bird of his own based on the Falcon Ekimu has with the up coming magazine polybag

http://orig04.deviantart.net/b1c6/f/2016/174/c/4/bird_close_up_by_mate397-da7c6oq.jpg

And last but not least Ekimu the Mask Maker fully decked out with a minor alteration

http://orig04.deviantart.net/32a2/f/2016/174/a/a/ekimu_the_mask_maker_by_mate397-da7ca09.jpg

edit:
Makuta's hammer design is not mine, it was first posted on the bionicle 4chan message board by a person, just wanted to make that clear before think I made the design up.

Edited by Mate.397
  • Upvote 3

I'll focus on Makuta and his bird as they're the main new things. As far as the hammer goes, I've not seen any designs that really look satisfactory to me, yours looks like it would be inconvenient to shoot with that rotating barrel but it does look right. I'm surprised you went for black and purple with no use of trans purple like Ekimus trans blue, what was your reasoning for that?

The bird is cool and spooky, I like him a lot. His colour-scheme works well and the beak is nice.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

I'll focus on Makuta and his bird as they're the main new things. As far as the hammer goes, I've not seen any designs that really look satisfactory to me, yours looks like it would be inconvenient to shoot with that rotating barre but it does look rightl. I'm surprised you went for black and purple with no use of trans purple like Ekimus trans blue, what was your reasoning for that?

The bird is cool and spooky, I like him a lot. His colour-scheme works well and the beak is nice.

The hammer can shoot just have to spin the barrel itself instead of a "trigger" in the back. As for the colors, I wanted to give a contrast between the brothers, which would have worked a bit better if we had solid purple CCBS bones, but black works too, plus the animation showed them with solid colors, but then again that was the web animation, though Journey to One also gave Ekimu a marble like teal texture, and obviously visuals can change between the set and its animated counterpart. I did consider using trans-pruple but two things turned me off from the idea, first was the price of said parts, second was that Makuta wouldn't feel too different, he wouldn't have its own personality, if you will, if I just copy the trans colors over to him too.

• Upvote 1

This has me wishing LEGO would release a Makuta "Mask Maker" set already. I like seeing Makuta in this form, and his bird companion is pretty neat too. I know it probably isn't intentional, but I'm reminded by Nivawk just a little bit. Makuta's bird pet/minion, serving him until it's time for lunch... or time to fuse. 
Whichever. :P

This has me wishing LEGO would release a Makuta "Mask Maker" set already. I like seeing Makuta in this form, and his bird companion is pretty neat too. I know it probably isn't intentional, but I'm reminded by Nivawk just a little bit. Makuta's bird pet/minion, serving him until it's time for lunch... or time to fuse. 

Whichever. :P

Not the first time I hear that comparison, and now that I think about it I can understand the association, though I must admit it was totally not my goal, maybe at a subconscious level at best, but it's not like I mind :3 At least the bird can serve as a G2 Nivawk as well, in a sense =D