G2: Masks and their Elements

In the old legends of Okoto, we hear that Makuta broke a sacred law when he forged a mask with the power of all six elements. We also know that the Toa and Protector masks are all powered by a single element. So what does this mean for other masks?

Is every mask related to an element that fuels its abilities? For example, does the power of Ice let the trans-blue Mask of Creation, well, create? Does the Stone element give the trans-neon green Mask of Control its power?

Or are the rest of the masks forged without the power of an element?

Thoughts? Other theories?

• Upvote 1

I think masks go before elements in this equation, if this makes sense. There are powerless masks in G2 as well. I assume this means that masks are imbued with powers after being made, or they need to be made with a different process. 

It's possible that the powers of masks need not necessarily be tied to elements, i.e. "fire" and "water" could be infused, while others like "control" or "creation" can be as well, even though they aren't elements. 

Then again, we know the Mask Makers aren't the same race as the Okotoans (I think?) so they may have access to non-elemental "powers" which can be linked to masks, hence Control and Creation.

Or those two masks, like the Mask of Time predate the Mask Makers and were made by... I don't know, the G2 Great Beings?

:kakama:

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Remember the Kanohi Garai? That mask was the Mask of Gravity, and Gravity was an Element in G1. So, by that account there must be masks of Elements and Powers. They have been Hinted at before, such as the Mask of Speed and the Mask of Strength.

More over I believe it is based on what the mask is made with that determines it's power or powers.

For example, if a mask is made using something harnessing one power, than the subsiquent mask will have that power, and so on. If a mask is made with multle posers either those powers will merge, or work side by side depending oh whatever the user wishes. However, this is where that sacred law comes into play, so that the latter doesn't cause chaos.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

The trans colors of the Mask of Creation and Mask of Control do not have to do with elements on Okoto. The 6 masks the Toa have were forged with elemental crystals to imbue them with those respective elements. 

Makuta did create a mask of (Nature) Growth by combining the elements of Water and Earth, but the strain is can be dangerous to the user and we do not know if these masks can be "stable". 

This brings up the question, if they can't combine the elements to make new masks, how is the mask of Strength and mask of Speed made? That means there are other ways of forging these masks, but the elemental crystals are something unique. 

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

The trans colors of the Mask of Creation and Mask of Control do not have to do with elements on Okoto. The 6 masks the Toa have were forged with elemental crystals to imbue them with those respective elements. 

Makuta did create a mask of (Nature) Growth by combining the elements of Water and Earth, but the strain is can be dangerous to the user and we do not know if these masks can be "stable". 

This brings up the question, if they can't combine the elements to make new masks, how is the mask of Strength and mask of Speed made? That means there are other ways of forging these masks, but the elemental crystals are something unique. 

I would assume that there are other materials that are used to grant non-elemental powers to masks. It might even be possible that masks with a single elemental power could be infused with other, non-elemental powers (like Strength and Speed) as well, without the catastrophic consequences that come from mixing elements.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Where was that? JtO?

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Where was that? JtO?

The second graphic novel Battle of the Mask Makers, actually.

Anyway, I'm not sure what the answer is. It could be that there are masks without ANY elemental affinity (it wouldn't surprise me if the Mask of Control and Mask of Creation fell into that category). But it also wouldn't surprise me if masks made by Ekimu and Makuta like a Mask of Speed or Mask of Strength have an elemental alignment but not necessarily actual elemental powers.

Let's not forget that the Toa's elemental powers that they unlocked with their Golden Masks in last year's story include some G1-ish powers, like Kopaka's Frost Sphere which is similar to the power of the Mask of Shielding.

Elemental Masks do get the most prominence, but it seems like there are a fair number that harness/embody other forces. The Mask Makers' Masks, the G2 Vahi, Umarak's Hunter Mask, the Skull Spider Masks-none of them have an Elemental theme per se, unless you want to call the Hunter Mask an Elemental Darkness/Shadow mask.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

Well i always thought of the Protector masks being like a running battery to the Mask of Creation while the Mask of Control is powered by the corpses of villager body's and yea i know this can be broken down and proved to not combine with the current story.

But here is where im trying to get i think that the masks are made with metal,gold,bronze whatever else there made BUT before they cool down there cursed with the power of a element why do i say cursed because first the Protectors need to wear there masks from generation to generation are there trying to prevent something? second Ekimu has the Mask of Creation a mask that can literally create anything now thanks to that power he needs to be careful of what he thinks of because one false thought and he can destroy himself and third the Toa there the heroes with the power of the elements now i believe that the Toa cannot control there power as great with there 2015 masks and they needed to concentrate whenever there doing something cause they can accidentally hurt themselves or hurt a villager now when they got the 2016 masks the curse was changed to and that they would be forever connected with there elemental animal.

Well i think that the second theory is better but what do you think?

I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the Matoran Universe