• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Eljay: The Becoming

Eljay NWI storyline adventure

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen
  • Members
  • Unintentional Instigator

• 3,555 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2011 - 10:50 PM

[color=#008000;]I figured this should return, so join me for...[/color]

[color=#008000;]The North-Western Isles Continuity presents...[/color]

Posted Image

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=#008000;]Many years ago, months before the beginning of One Nation Under The Great Spirit...Eljay, a simple Matoran, wanted to peacefully live his life. He never thought about why it was peaceful, or that it was. He just lived. Slowly but surely, this would change. He would embark on a mission to bring back the peace that so many had longed for. He'd have to pay a huge price, and ask himself if it's really worth it...[/color][/font]

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=#008000;]Let the adventure begin, in that case...[/color][/font]

[color=#008000;][font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]Chapter 1: Remembering the beginning [/color][/font]

Comic 1: Sweet beginningComic 2: Unsettling offense

Comic 3: Disgruntled costumer

Comic 4: Dark dreams

Comic 5: Snuffed flame

[color=#008000;][font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]Chapter 2: Beginning the quest[/color][/font]

Comic 6: Lucky find

Comic 7: Have a nice fall

Comic 8: Hard landing

Comic 9: Destiny's choice

Comic 10: Turning point

[color=#008000;][font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]Chapter 3: Becoming a Toa[/color][/font]

Comic 11: Fighting lesson

Comic 12: Long ago recap

Comic 13: Collected

Comic 14: Show and tell

Comic 15: Practice

[color=#008000;][font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]Chapter 4: Home sick[/color][/font]

[color=#008000;][font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]Credits: InnerRayg for the sprites![/color][/font]

[color=#008000;][font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]How often these will be updated is unknown, but there are more comics ready in case. I shall be working hard on these, but I need your guys help to keep it a float! I hope you enjoy these, and make this something to remember.[/color][/font]

Posted Image

Edited by Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen, Jun 25 2013 - 03:27 AM.

Posted Image

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic, Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

#2 Offline Meso Zehvor

Meso Zehvor
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,823 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 11 2011 - 10:54 PM

YES IT'S FINALLY BACKWITH A NEW COMICAMAZIN' RAISINI've reviewed this before so I'm not going to repeat myself. But the latest comic was very well done. Oh Sasuku, whatta character.Good work and I hope to see more. I really hope to see more. :|-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

#3 Offline Zahaki

Zahaki
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,219 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2011 - 08:03 PM

PURPLE!!!!!!!!!Sorry...Its Great to see these back up Eljay, can't wait to see where these...PURPLE!!!!!!!!*Cough*...Can't wait to see where these go.---OMG... Those Toa.... I'VE SEEN THEM BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hmm....As well.... Why does the bad guy always run away... *SadFace*Posted Image

zahakibanner14v1.png

Art
:Antique Bionicle Cards:

Signature Under-construction.

#4 Offline The Venom

The Venom
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,028 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 17 2011 - 01:32 AM

That's a nice pink torso you have there.Interesting premise you have here for this series, Eljay.Since it seems to be just the beginning, there's not much I can say other thanthe comics so far look great, and somewhat understandable.Looking forward to the rest of this series.-V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

#5 Offline Tenebrae Invictus

Tenebrae Invictus
  • Premier Member
  • Disintegration Resolved

• 6,999 posts

Posted Dec 17 2011 - 01:52 AM

Wow, things are getting intense in the newest comic. Very impressive, thought at times the text was hard to read.

9092_s.gif

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

#6 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 17 2011 - 01:57 AM

I read it, thinking it was the comedic one. :PBut, I'm actually finding this interesting.

#7 Offline Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

• Members

• 3,555 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 31 2011 - 03:36 AM

Thank you all for your support and interest! Sorry for the wait, but here is a new comic!Posted Image

Posted Image

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go give a read to an amazing epic, Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

#8 Offline Tenebrae Invictus

Tenebrae Invictus
  • Premier Member

• 6,999 posts

Posted Dec 31 2011 - 02:43 PM

Very good comic, Eljay. I feel it was a llittle vague in explaining what was going on visually, but it's okay. The shadows were really good in this comic too.

9092_s.gif

#9 Offline Meso Zehvor

Meso Zehvor
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,823 posts

Posted Jan 02 2012 - 04:00 PM

Great comic as usual. Seems like the storyline's picking up a bit, so that's good. Plot progression = fun fer dayz.Like Mange, I enjoyed the use of shadows as well. Love the graphical presentation of these comics.Good job yo.-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

#10 Offline The Venom

The Venom
  • Members

• 2,028 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 23 2012 - 11:50 PM

A strange dream is always a nice detail to start off an interesting plot.Nice comic Eljay.-V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

#11 Offline Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

• Members

• 3,555 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2012 - 03:24 AM

Thanks once more, guys! Sorry for the large delay, so here is a new comic!Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Offline Tenebrae Invictus

Tenebrae Invictus
  • Premier Member

• 6,999 posts

Posted Mar 19 2012 - 08:08 AM

That was a great comic. And no, it didn't grate any cheese. The graphics applied were really good, though when Laze and Eljay stood at the table, it looked like there was some rod sticking out of both of them, and not a table they were behind. :P

9092_s.gif

#13 Offline Meso Zehvor

Meso Zehvor
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,823 posts

Posted Mar 20 2012 - 04:16 PM

Oh cool a dramatic cliffhanger ending. Those are always fun.Your graphical style with these never ceases to impress me; one of the reasons why I wish for you to continue with these. The plot seems to be going along nicely which is great as well. Can't wait to see the next installment and such.-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

#14 Offline Garda

Garda
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,743 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 26 2012 - 12:38 AM

When I read the sixth panel of the latest comic, I thought of the Pokémon song. "We shall travel across the land, searching far and wide."Anyway, it's pretty cool, keep it up buddy.

Guess who's back?

(>^.^)> It's Magic. ~(._.~)

Not me.

#15 Offline The Amazing Spider-Man

The Amazing Spider-Man
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,088 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2012 - 06:55 PM

the thing that makes me love this is the usage of rayg 2. it's a excellent sprite kit and it's good to see people use it, even though it's near 7 years old.the story is very... enticing. it's interesting and intricate and mysterious. why did he dream of being the green toa? (don't know his name -- sorry!) who is the creature with the red eyes? they're all unanswerable at the moment and that's another thing i like about it; making questions. that's what a good story needs. great comic series, and keep up the good work.

Thanks for years of fun, BZP. You made me happy as a child.
Wanna know how FC2 was gonna end/FC3 was gonna play out? Check my deviantART and my Brickshelf.

#16 Offline Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

• Members

• 3,555 posts
  •  

Posted May 20 2012 - 01:43 PM

That was a great comic. And no, it didn't grate any cheese. The graphics applied were really good, though when Laze and Eljay stood at the table, it looked like there was some rod sticking out of both of them, and not a table they were behind. :P

Table was somewhat rushed, but I thought it looked okay :P Thank you, and glad you liked it!

Oh cool a dramatic cliffhanger ending. Those are always fun.Your graphical style with these never ceases to impress me; one of the reasons why I wish for you to continue with these. The plot seems to be going along nicely which is great as well. Can't wait to see the next installment and such.-Mesonak

Thank ya very much. Well, if this one impressed you, then this new comic should as well! Little more advance to the plot =PSo yeah, new comic! Enjoy!Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Offline Meso Zehvor

Meso Zehvor
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,823 posts

Posted May 20 2012 - 02:33 PM

Hooray for the revival of ETB. Must be kept up and such.Comic maintains the same level of quality set by the comics that precede it. AKA it's good.Nice effects used here, gotta say. Plot progression's always nice as well.Speaking of plot progression what a cliffhanger. What will happen next?!Looking forward to your next comic to find out what will happen next.-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

#18 Offline Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

• Members

• 3,555 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 25 2012 - 04:13 PM

I'll do my best to keep this up @Meso!New comic!Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 Offline Meso Zehvor

Meso Zehvor
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,823 posts

Posted Jun 27 2012 - 04:19 PM

That was a great comic.What a heroic save by the .... Toa whose name I forget completely. : |I noticed you improved Laze's text, in the sense that its much easier to read now. Thanks for that. Graphics are nice as usual and the plot is progressing very nicely.Your comics are an excellent work of professionalism. Keep it up; the future is very promising.-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

#20 Offline Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

• Members

• 3,555 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2012 - 02:35 AM

That was a great comic.What a heroic save by the .... Toa whose name I forget completely.: |I noticed you improved Laze's text, in the sense that its much easier to read now. Thanks for that. Graphics are nice as usual and the plot is progressing very nicely.Your comics are an excellent work of professionalism. Keep it up; the future is very promising.-Mesonak

That is Fridak. You may also know him as Fred =P And yeah, I did my best to make Laze's text more readable. Thank you!New comic!Posted Image

Posted Image

#21 Offline Calvirick

Calvirick
  • Premier Member
  • Flying Force!

• 2,369 posts

Posted Jul 07 2012 - 06:51 PM

I like the thematic affects you put into the panels. I've been reading the comics with some of the original MNOLG soundtrack songs and it gives it a realistic feel to it. The story is also intriguing, it's kept me reading. You've also improved on your graphic abilities. Don't stop working, chap. :)

#22 Offline The Venom

The Venom
  • Members

• 2,028 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2012 - 09:48 PM

Hmm. That hissing doesn't sound too good for Laze...Great plot progression. Truly looking forward to what happens next.-V-

#23 Offline Kahi

Kahi
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 4,539 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2012 - 01:05 AM

What if Laze actually became the Toa of Mangosteen, but killed then Eljay, stole his mask and resumed his identity?Plot twist

Posted Image

#24 Offline Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

• Members

• 3,555 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2012 - 05:38 PM

I like the thematic affects you put into the panels. I've been reading the comics with some of the original MNOLG soundtrack songs and it gives it a realistic feel to it.The story is also intriguing, it's kept me reading.You've also improved on your graphic abilities. Don't stop working, chap. :)

Thank you very much! Glad to hear it has that effect. I should try that =P And yeah, I try to make things look pleasing to the eyes, but also able to stand on its own. Again, thank you!

Hmm. That hissing doesn't sound too good for Laze...Great plot progression. Truly looking forward to what happens next.-V-

Oh, it sure isn't! Thank you!

What if Laze actually became the Toa of Mangosteen, but killed then Eljay, stole his mask and resumed his identity?Plot twist

Uhh... I don't think that would work :PNew comic!Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 Offline Calvirick

Calvirick
  • Premier Member
  • Flying Force!

• 2,369 posts

Posted Jul 09 2012 - 05:41 PM

Oh the humanity! True friends fight for each other, even if the other one is dead. *fist of strength*

#26 Offline Meso Zehvor

Meso Zehvor
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,823 posts

Posted Jul 11 2012 - 09:38 AM

Comic 8 was very interesting; I saw what was coming a mile away, and that totally doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I read comic 9 before comic 8. @_@Was still a suspenseful ending, though. Poor Laze. Doomed from the start...Comic 9 followed up on this masterfully. Laze telling Eljay to become the Toa in his last moments was a nice touch. Gives Eljay something to motivate him. Let's hope he takes Sinarahk down in stylish fashion.-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

#27 Offline Calvirick

Calvirick
  • Premier Member
  • Flying Force!

• 2,369 posts

Posted Jul 11 2012 - 09:12 PM

I would suggest....Eljay should kill him. Or did I just spoil comic 10? D:

#28 Offline Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

• Members

• 3,555 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 12 2012 - 02:12 AM

Oh the humanity!True friends fight for each other, even if the other one is dead. *fist of strength*

:flagusa:Uh, I mean... =P

Comic 8 was very interesting; I saw what was coming a mile away, and that totally doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I read comic 9 before comic 8. @_@Was still a suspenseful ending, though. Poor Laze. Doomed from the start...Comic 9 followed up on this masterfully. Laze telling Eljay to become the Toa in his last moments was a nice touch. Gives Eljay something to motivate him. Let's hope he takes Sinarahk down in stylish fashion.-Mesonak

I had originally planned to kill him by burning him alive, buuuuuut plans changed =P Thanks!

I would suggest....Eljay should kill him.Or did I just spoil comic 10? D:

Spoil comic 10? Nah. Speaking of which...New comic! Thanks for posting, guys!Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 Offline Tenebrae Invictus

Tenebrae Invictus
  • Premier Member

• 6,999 posts

Posted Jul 12 2012 - 04:10 AM

Well, now that I've caught up on your series...I found in comic 7 that the perspective, or at least direction of characters was a bit odd. It seemed like the matoran were supposed to be facing the Rahkshi but they were both facing the right.Comic 8 lacked in wording though, like "better with weapons and stuff like that". While a better phrase eludes me right now, that was a weak statement. :P9 and 10 however, were very good, very dramatic and tragic. The transformation taking place for most of the comic was great too. Those effects, man...

9092_s.gif

#30 Offline Meso Zehvor

Meso Zehvor
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,823 posts

Posted Jul 12 2012 - 11:32 AM

Comic 10 was great and such.The number one thing I have to call out in this comic is how strange you look without the Mangosteen blade and the gold Miru. I'm just not used to it. ._.It was cool, though. I think Sinarahk's in for a beatdown. Congrats on wrapping up chapter 2. :P-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

#31 Offline iPenguin

iPenguin
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,241 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 17 2012 - 06:00 PM

WoahFirst he was a matoranNowHe's a toa:o

20121021-frhgn7u158ujtpjk4wbhgp1ck.jpg

what

#32 Offline The Venom

The Venom
  • Members

• 2,028 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 17 2012 - 06:58 PM

Do it man.Do it.For Laze.Also, nice job on those effects. Very clean.-V-

#33 Offline Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

• Members

• 3,555 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2012 - 04:37 AM

Well, now that I've caught up on your series...I found in comic 7 that the perspective, or at least direction of characters was a bit odd. It seemed like the matoran were supposed to be facing the Rahkshi but they were both facing the right.Comic 8 lacked in wording though, like "better with weapons and stuff like that". While a better phrase eludes me right now, that was a weak statement. :P9 and 10 however, were very good, very dramatic and tragic. The transformation taking place for most of the comic was great too. Those effects, man...

Yeah, it was a failed perspective test. Think of it as the camera spinning around them.As for the wording, I guess I tried to make it sound... Just simple. I didn't see a need for complexity in that case. :PAnd thanks! I am actually really glad how those came out. Some might say what happened is a little too soon, but I am not trying to draw this out.

Comic 10 was great and such.The number one thing I have to call out in this comic is how strange you look without the Mangosteen blade and the gold Miru. I'm just not used to it.._.It was cool, though. I think Sinarahk's in for a beatdown. Congrats on wrapping up chapter 2. :P-Mesonak

Yeah, it's not something very commonly seen. I look A LOT more like Lewa Mata. But, hey, gotta stick with the story. =PAnd oh boy, he sure is. Thanks!

WoahFirst he was a matoranNowHe's a toa :o

http://www.bzpower.c...tyle_emoticons/default/cool.png

Do it man.Do it.For Laze.Also, nice job on those effects. Very clean.-V-

I did try and make sure the transformation looked alright. Took as many cues from The Legends of Metru-Nui as I could. Thank you!Well, new comic guys! Gonna try and finish this series up!Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 Offline Meso Zehvor

Meso Zehvor
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,823 posts

Posted Oct 25 2012 - 11:55 AM

Overdue review is overdue, granted I voiced my opinions in private, but still. A post is nice.Quite enjoyed the comic, as per usual. Cool fight scene, and I enjoyed the part where Eljay wanted to kill him, but was halted, being informed of the Toa Code. Thought that was a nice segment. And ono, the final tablet. Seems as if things are progressing along, which is nice.That was well done. Keep 'em coming, yo.-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

#35 Offline Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

• Members

• 3,555 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 02 2012 - 04:35 PM

Overdue review is overdue, granted I voiced my opinions in private, but still. A post is nice.Quite enjoyed the comic, as per usual. Cool fight scene, and I enjoyed the part where Eljay wanted to kill him, but was halted, being informed of the Toa Code. Thought that was a nice segment. And ono, the final tablet. Seems as if things are progressing along, which is nice.That was well done. Keep 'em coming, yo.-Mesonak

Things are progressing indeed. I feel as though I'm rushing things here, because I am capping this series off at 25 comics, so it's gonna be tough fitting everything in. But from what everyone says, everything is alright. Glad you liked it!Well guys, got another comic! Enjoy!Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 Offline Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

• Members

• 3,555 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 25 2012 - 11:07 PM

New comic!Posted Image

Posted Image

#37 Offline Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

• Members

• 3,555 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 22 2013 - 11:52 PM

Sorry about the absence, guys.

After December, I've been tuckered out as far a making comics go. I just recently got inspired to continue. I only took a break, I'm not quitting.

With that, here is a new comic!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 Offline Meso Zehvor

Meso Zehvor
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,823 posts

Posted Apr 22 2013 - 11:59 PM

That was very impressive. Seems like a slight graphical upgrade from your usual comics, but that may be simply me not having seen your work for a while.

Dialogue seemed to flow a bit better as well. Plot progression's always nice; Eljay's showcase of his powers was impressive.

I really enjoyed this. You should, like, continue to make more. I'm impressed you finally did. :P

-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

#39 Offline Bearcat

Bearcat
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,138 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 23 2013 - 05:34 AM

My only issue was the slightly eye numbing orange text glow that made reaingnhispart difficult, but other than that, that was pretty awesome. For sme reason I thought there was a mangosteen the first time I glance at your axes being pressed together :P

banner.png

Enjoy.

#40 Offline Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

• Members

• 3,555 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 23 2013 - 05:57 PM

That was very impressive. Seems like a slight graphical upgrade from your usual comics, but that may be simply me not having seen your work for a while.

Dialogue seemed to flow a bit better as well. Plot progression's always nice; Eljay's showcase of his powers was impressive.

I really enjoyed this. You should, like, continue to make more. I'm impressed you finally did. :P

-Mesonak

Thanks! And yeah, I think it was just because of the length of time before I released a new comic. It's been interesting going back and remembering what I normally do for comics. The next one I think is even better. Glad you liked it!

My only issue was the slightly eye numbing orange text glow that made reaingnhispart difficult, but other than that, that was pretty awesome. For sme reason I thought there was a mangosteen the first time I glance at your axes being pressed together :P

Yeah, it's hard to figure out a working color combo for his text. I'm thinking of resorting to red and black, and just make things easier. And actually, there is! I kinda threw that in there to harken back to when I originally introduced that sword, in where I'd catch a mangosteen with the axes. I feel it went well. =P

There will be another comic some what soon, more than likely next week! After that, only 10 more comics until the end!

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users