A little embarassing, but...

Kepora

...I need you guys' help. I've determined I'm going to try and rebuild an old MOC of mine, Skekel, and to modernize him with new parts and techniques. However, I ran into a serious problem...

I forgot to take/upload pictures of his construction.

So while he looks cool with a unique, disproportionate-from-human build (even has kind of a hunched-over Gul'dan look), my past self shot my future self in the foot. So I ask you all for help in my attempt to crack the code my younger mind created for this fellow! What I do recall is that his torso is built around a Metru body laid on it's back (so the chest is facing up and the bottom is facing back), and that I used Metru forearms to create a sort of floating shoulder. I'd also like to get input in good hand/forearm designs for his modernization!

skekel.jpg

skekel_2.jpg

skekel_3.jpg

skekel_4.jpg

skekel_5.jpg

skekel_6.jpg

skekel_7.jpg

skekel_8.jpg

EDIT: I found a WIP shot in my scraps on FA! The photo quality is bad, but I think I'm on the right track now. And I totally forgot about that hose piece; I need to find it on Bricklink!

1198794507.kepora_skekel__2_.jpg

Edited by Kepora
  • Upvote 2

If that particular MOC is still built and stored away somewhere, maybe you could partially disassemble it and see how it's built up?

As for the build itself, it looks decent, and the poseability is good, but I can't help thinking the limbs are too basic. Maybe you could refine them, make them more streamlined, or maybe make them entirely custom. as for everything else, I like it!

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

If that particular MOC is still built and stored away somewhere, maybe you could partially disassemble it and see how it's built up?

As for the build itself, it looks decent, and the poseability is good, but I can't help thinking the limbs are too basic. Maybe you could refine them, make them more streamlined, or maybe make them entirely custom. as for everything else, I like it!

I wish it were that simple. My old collection is long gone, and was sold for FAR less than I should have made. :( The problem is that I need to figure out what parts were used so I know what to order from Bricklink.

I think I can make out some of it from the shaping, but my advice would be to just look at the figure in these photos, and then instead of trying to recreate it, build something based off of it using the same style and shaping, but with newer pieces.

I had this same problem a couple years back, and that's what I did--revamped it with newer stuff, and I liked the newer one better. :)

But, if you prefer, I can give it a shot. Might take a while, but I can figure out the gist of it.

Edited by The 1st Shadow

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I think the main thing I can ascertain from that build is the inika torso that's been rotated 90% backwards. The rest of him becomes much more guessable with that in mind.

The hand articulation is cool and the colour scheme is solid, arms could be better though.

I think the main thing I can ascertain from that build is the inika torso that's been rotated 90% backwards. The rest of him becomes much more guessable with that in mind.

The hand articulation is cool and the colour scheme is solid, arms could be better though.

That's not an Inika torso. You're seeing Metru arms attached to the back of the torso. There's no Inika torso in there.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

That's not an Inika torso. You're seeing Metru arms attached to the back of the torso. There's no Inika torso in there.

Oh, my bad. Upon retrospect figuring out this build might be impossible with the current pictures available

Oh, my bad. Upon retrospect figuring out this build might be impossible with the current pictures available.

In times like that ya gotta think outside the box.

Lego digital desginer doesn't have the metru torso but i have a 50 percent rought estimate of how it might be. The light gray cross axle connector connected to the toa foot is meant to represent the axle hole where some of theofficial toa metru sets connect the neck of a head to.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Bahrag/fenrakk/help.jpg

Edited by necross hordika

qs3135.jpg

I don't have any of my Bionicle sets with me for the time being, but i thought i'd try puzzling this out the best i can in LDD anyhow.. I didn't include the arms or legs as those seem pretty easy to figure out from the pictures.

here's the link to the file (clicky)

the roborider arms are in place of the metru arms, and the two gaps in those 4-bars at the back should correspond with the lowest two holes in the bottom of the metru torso. the gaps in the dark grey 3.5-beams-with-knob should fit into the arm-holes of the torso. the bottom of the gray 3-beam with the ball (to which the head attaches to) should go in the front-facing axle hole at the top of the torso, and the beam-with-knob should go on the top-facing one. the flat yellow technic plate is in place of the chest piece, and the yellow axle-with-knob is where the Hannah Crab plate should fit on. The torso is my best guess for it, with the round axle popping into the back hole of the metru body.

in the pictures, there appears to be grey socket-balls under the sides of the hannah plate, though i have no idea how those would be added unless they were possibly attached to the metru arms? I'm also not sure how the cape would be attached, unless there's more to how the waist attaches to the metru body.

Edited by 2Tie

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17