Double-Ball Bone Piece?

Regitnui

Is there a CCBS bone that has a ball on both ends instead of a ball-and-socket?

• Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

On the one hand, I can understand why a dedicated ball-to-ball piece doesn't exist; it's easy enough to make your own with two single ball pieces and your chosen axle length.

On the other hand, custom constructions like that can come apart easily (whereas a solid piece hopefully wouldn't) and you're more limited with what connection points it would have available.  So sometimes a dedicated piece would be nice.

• Upvote 3

OpAXNpl.jpg

Yeah, considering the main difference between CCBS and older parts is the ball cups, rather than the ball joints themselves, your best bet might be a G1 part like the Metru lower arm piece.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

^But are any such parts from G1 still in production? And for that matter, is the double cup bone available in other sizes?

I don't think there are, most G1 parts are rarely used these days. As for the double cup bone, to my knowledge it only comes in two sizes, the two stud tall one and the one with the ball in the middle. I can't find any other sizes anyway.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

^But are any such parts from G1 still in production? And for that matter, is the double cup bone available in other sizes?

No, no such parts are still in production, but older Bionicle sets and parts are widely available from aftermarket sellers on sites like Bricklink.com or Ebay.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I have recently realized this piece can be utilized as a pelvis piece, that with some work, has potential for some (primitive, but still) waist articulation. I have a moc utilizing such a technique. I might consider uploading it as my first moc on this site  :) 

As for the topic at hand, I question what such a piece might help us accomplish? I feel the certain limb configurations we have now (off the top of my head, Pohatu 2015's arms, for example) allow for certain articulation options not available to us in previous sets. And seeing as the bone, when covered with a shell piece, will be indistinguishable from other bone pieces.

Insta edit: I guess such pieces can help us mix G1 upper\lowwer arms\legs with G2 upper\lower arms\legs.

That's cool. Ok, I'm in. LEGO, get on it.

I wonder how well this and this can connect. If only my bins weren't 40 miles away  :(

Edited by Toa Doublebee
  • Upvote 1

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png

I wonder how well this and this can connect. If only my bins weren't 40 miles away  :(

They work in a few configurations.  The through-axle connector can only attach to the socket-end hole because of the way those "arms" that hold the ball stick out.  It can also be attached to either the ball-end hole or the socket-end hole with one of these pieces via the "outside" holes on the bottom of the armor.

OpAXNpl.jpg

They work in a few configurations.  The through-axle connector can only attach to the socket-end hole because of the way those "arms" that hold the ball stick out.  It can also be attached to either the ball-end hole or the socket-end hole with one of these pieces via the "outside" holes on the bottom of the armor.

Thank you.

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png