Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I really don't know. All I hope for is that it indeed continues.

 

One of the things I enjoyed about BIONICLE in its original run was the wait to see, with baited breath, what the next year brought in terms of both set and lore.

 

I care not for speculations on where the story will go, or what turn the set's theme will take. As long as it continues, and when it comes, It's not complete rubbish, I am content.


keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will either end or go on a few more years.

 

 

/thread.

 

Though, I assume you wish to hear personal speculative opinions. In that case, I'm pretty convinced G2 will have a run until 2020/2021 or so. I give it 5 years at least.

 

Don't believe the doomsayers. 90% of what they say has no basis in fact and the remaining 10% is misinterpreted and exaggerated. The line isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

 

:kakama:

  • Upvote 4

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

I write stories, which you can read at A Beach, Somewhere. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am hoping we get a few more years. It is my favorite Lego line, followed by Marvel.


A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish people would start trying to guess what'll happen to Bionicle after 2017, when the 2016 story hasn't even concluded yet and we have literally no idea what we will or won't be getting next year. We've had no teasers, no cliffhangers—heck, while discussing set leaks on BZPower isn't allowed, I believe I can safely affirm that I have seen literally zero purported leaks (real, fake, or anything in between) about next year's sets or story.

 

Questioning whether the line will end after next year is all well and good—anecdotes about the theme selling poorly, or becoming exclusive to a certain retailer, or not being stocked in Lego brand retail stores, are indeed troubling, and lead to questions that are ripe for discussion and research. Theorizing about next year's sets and story is fine too—at the very least, we could look at trends in the current sets to try to get an idea of how next year's sets might follow them up, or how the story might be shaped to fit those hypothetical sets. And trying to form theories about how this year's story will end is great too—we have plenty to go on there, considering all of the summer sets have been released, and we just don't know how those sets will factor into the story (or how the story will end to lead into next year). Trying to form theories about what will happen several years from now when that is entirely dependent on not one, not two, but THREE complete mysteries (whether the theme will continue after 2017, what next year's sets and story will be like, and how this year's story even ends) is a fool's errand.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 6

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who knows what the future holds? I just hope they can get it together before it's too late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea what will happen, and I don't care. Everything has got to come to an end. Though, you know what would be funny after Bionicle ends? A reboot of Hero Factory. 

 

Just imagine all the pitchforks.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea what will happen, and I don't care. Everything has got to come to an end. Though, you know what would be funny after Bionicle ends? A reboot of Hero Factory.

 

Just imagine all the pitchforks.

If that happens. Oh boy I well be wiping out war hammers.
  • Upvote 1

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

It will either end or go on a few more years.

 

 

/thread.

 

Though, I assume you wish to hear personal speculative opinions. In that case, I'm pretty convinced G2 will have a run until 2020/2021 or so. I give it 5 years at least.

 

Don't believe the doomsayers. 90% of what they say has no basis in fact and the remaining 10% is misinterpreted and exaggerated. The line isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

 

:kakama:

 

Sounds like bionicle will be around for as long as hero factory did, why do you think bionicle would be around an extra 2 years and do you think it's because in those 2 extra years, they'll be putting a lot of work into some brand new theme to replace it?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

It will either end or go on a few more years.

 

 

/thread.

 

Though, I assume you wish to hear personal speculative opinions. In that case, I'm pretty convinced G2 will have a run until 2020/2021 or so. I give it 5 years at least.

 

Don't believe the doomsayers. 90% of what they say has no basis in fact and the remaining 10% is misinterpreted and exaggerated. The line isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

 

:kakama:

 

Sounds like bionicle will be around for as long as hero factory did, why do you think bionicle would be around an extra 2 years and do you think it's because in those 2 extra years, they'll be putting a lot of work into some brand new theme to replace it?  

 

 

5 years is just a guess, and by no means an educated one - just a gut feeling. It really depends on (global!) sales though. I imagine that when they axe G2 Bionicle, it will again be replaced by another constraction line. 

 

There is about 0% chance for a Hero Factory G2 coming along, thankfully. Maybe Nexo Knights CCBS, or something entirely new.

 

:kakama:


:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

I write stories, which you can read at A Beach, Somewhere. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

It will either end or go on a few more years.

 

 

/thread.

 

Though, I assume you wish to hear personal speculative opinions. In that case, I'm pretty convinced G2 will have a run until 2020/2021 or so. I give it 5 years at least.

 

Don't believe the doomsayers. 90% of what they say has no basis in fact and the remaining 10% is misinterpreted and exaggerated. The line isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

 

:kakama:

 

Sounds like bionicle will be around for as long as hero factory did, why do you think bionicle would be around an extra 2 years and do you think it's because in those 2 extra years, they'll be putting a lot of work into some brand new theme to replace it?  

 

 

5 years is just a guess, and by no means an educated one - just a gut feeling. It really depends on (global!) sales though. I imagine that when they axe G2 Bionicle, it will again be replaced by another constraction line. 

 

There is about 0% chance for a Hero Factory G2 coming along, thankfully. Maybe Nexo Knights CCBS, or something entirely new.

 

:kakama:

 

My strawpoll just got over 300 votes...also do you think there's a chance that if bionicle is discontinued again that it'll increase the number of star wars constraction sets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

It will either end or go on a few more years.

 

 

/thread.

 

Though, I assume you wish to hear personal speculative opinions. In that case, I'm pretty convinced G2 will have a run until 2020/2021 or so. I give it 5 years at least.

 

Don't believe the doomsayers. 90% of what they say has no basis in fact and the remaining 10% is misinterpreted and exaggerated. The line isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

 

:kakama:

 

Sounds like bionicle will be around for as long as hero factory did, why do you think bionicle would be around an extra 2 years and do you think it's because in those 2 extra years, they'll be putting a lot of work into some brand new theme to replace it?  

 

 

5 years is just a guess, and by no means an educated one - just a gut feeling. It really depends on (global!) sales though. I imagine that when they axe G2 Bionicle, it will again be replaced by another constraction line. 

 

There is about 0% chance for a Hero Factory G2 coming along, thankfully. Maybe Nexo Knights CCBS, or something entirely new.

 

:kakama:

 

My strawpoll just got over 300 votes...also do you think there's a chance that if bionicle is discontinued again that it'll increase the number of star wars constraction sets?

 

 

Possibly? Star Wars constraction seems to be doing well as it is, and if I'm not mistaken, the system based Star Wars sets are infinitely more popular. Making constraction Star Wars exclusive on the other hand would be a poor business choice. If they oversaturate it in one line that has plenty of system sets, it would hurt sales I reckon (though I'm no expert).

 

Someone rather elaborately explained why Lego needs at least two constraction lines going even if one is doing poorly in order to maximize sales and minimize expenditure, but I can't for the life of me who and in which thread, but it was on BZP. 

 

Point is, Bionicle likely won't be cancelled for a while now due to good sales in Europe, even if Star Wars constraction out-sells it. However, even if Bionicle is shot down, another line will replace it to accompany Star Wars.

 

I highly doubt Hero Factory will return. It never did do well back in the day, did it? Plus, it doesn't have any brand recognition, unlike Bionicle. They might as well keep the same "sci-fi heroes versus various thematic villains" but slap a different name on it. No one would notice.

 

:kakama:


:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

I write stories, which you can read at A Beach, Somewhere. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

 

It will either end or go on a few more years.

 

 

/thread.

 

Though, I assume you wish to hear personal speculative opinions. In that case, I'm pretty convinced G2 will have a run until 2020/2021 or so. I give it 5 years at least.

 

Don't believe the doomsayers. 90% of what they say has no basis in fact and the remaining 10% is misinterpreted and exaggerated. The line isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

 

:kakama:

 

Sounds like bionicle will be around for as long as hero factory did, why do you think bionicle would be around an extra 2 years and do you think it's because in those 2 extra years, they'll be putting a lot of work into some brand new theme to replace it?  

 

 

5 years is just a guess, and by no means an educated one - just a gut feeling. It really depends on (global!) sales though. I imagine that when they axe G2 Bionicle, it will again be replaced by another constraction line. 

 

There is about 0% chance for a Hero Factory G2 coming along, thankfully. Maybe Nexo Knights CCBS, or something entirely new.

 

:kakama:

 

My strawpoll just got over 300 votes...also do you think there's a chance that if bionicle is discontinued again that it'll increase the number of star wars constraction sets?

 

 

Possibly? Star Wars constraction seems to be doing well as it is, and if I'm not mistaken, the system based Star Wars sets are infinitely more popular. Making constraction Star Wars exclusive on the other hand would be a poor business choice. If they oversaturate it in one line that has plenty of system sets, it would hurt sales I reckon (though I'm no expert).

 

Someone rather elaborately explained why Lego needs at least two constraction lines going even if one is doing poorly in order to maximize sales and minimize expenditure, but I can't for the life of me who and in which thread, but it was on BZP. 

 

Point is, Bionicle likely won't be cancelled for a while now due to good sales in Europe, even if Star Wars constraction out-sells it. However, even if Bionicle is shot down, another line will replace it to accompany Star Wars.

 

I highly doubt Hero Factory will return. It never did do well back in the day, did it? Plus, it doesn't have any brand recognition, unlike Bionicle. They might as well keep the same "sci-fi heroes versus various thematic villains" but slap a different name on it. No one would notice.

 

:kakama:

 

What proof do you have that bionicle is doing well in europe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

What proof do you have that bionicle is doing well in europe?

 

Same as what I've written in several other threads - I've personally seen a rather large stock of the summer sets being on the shelves of various toy stores here in Hungary, I've seen them disappear in a week and get restocked. I've seen this repeat multiple times. I've also seen this with the previous waves. Europe also got an exclusive Bionicle magazine, and no company in their right mind would release a mag for an unpopular toy line. Add to that numerous other BZPower users reporting signs of high popularity in Europe, and you have something pretty definitive. 

 

:kakama:

  • Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

I write stories, which you can read at A Beach, Somewhere. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to its apparent success in Europe, I think that G2 is going to take off its shoes and stay a while.  ^_^

 

However, in the event of all this doomsday talk coming true, I would love to see Nexo Knights in CCBS. I personally dislike the theme, but a constraction line would bring in some super cool new parts.  :D


 

96DIFYm.png


 


A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.


[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]


 


:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 


 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grab the mask of time and see. Even if it ends, it will be rebooted in 10 years so that's gonna be interesting.

  • Upvote 3


audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

 

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

What proof do you have that bionicle is doing well in europe?

 

Same as what I've written in several other threads - I've personally seen a rather large stock of the summer sets being on the shelves of various toy stores here in Hungary, I've seen them disappear in a week and get restocked. I've seen this repeat multiple times. I've also seen this with the previous waves. Europe also got an exclusive Bionicle magazine, and no company in their right mind would release a mag for an unpopular toy line. Add to that numerous other BZPower users reporting signs of high popularity in Europe, and you have something pretty definitive. 

 

:kakama:

 

I hope bionicle doesn't become an exclusive only for europe like they did with the chima ultrabuilds from 2014...constraction seems to be slowing dying in front of us and it's very saddening to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It will either end or go on a few more years.

 

/thread.

 

Though, I assume you wish to hear personal speculative opinions. In that case, I'm pretty convinced G2 will have a run until 2020/2021 or so. I give it 5 years at least.

 

Don't believe the doomsayers. 90% of what they say has no basis in fact and the remaining 10% is misinterpreted and exaggerated. The line isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

 

:kakama:

Sounds like bionicle will be around for as long as hero factory did, why do you think bionicle would be around an extra 2 years and do you think it's because in those 2 extra years, they'll be putting a lot of work into some brand new theme to replace it?

5 years is just a guess, and by no means an educated one - just a gut feeling. It really depends on (global!) sales though. I imagine that when they axe G2 Bionicle, it will again be replaced by another constraction line.

 

There is about 0% chance for a Hero Factory G2 coming along, thankfully. Maybe Nexo Knights CCBS, or something entirely new.

 

:kakama:

My strawpoll just got over 300 votes...also do you think there's a chance that if bionicle is discontinued again that it'll increase the number of star wars constraction sets?

Possibly? Star Wars constraction seems to be doing well as it is, and if I'm not mistaken, the system based Star Wars sets are infinitely more popular. Making constraction Star Wars exclusive on the other hand would be a poor business choice. If they oversaturate it in one line that has plenty of system sets, it would hurt sales I reckon (though I'm no expert).

 

Someone rather elaborately explained why Lego needs at least two constraction lines going even if one is doing poorly in order to maximize sales and minimize expenditure, but I can't for the life of me who and in which thread, but it was on BZP.

 

Point is, Bionicle likely won't be cancelled for a while now due to good sales in Europe, even if Star Wars constraction out-sells it. However, even if Bionicle is shot down, another line will replace it to accompany Star Wars.

 

I highly doubt Hero Factory will return. It never did do well back in the day, did it? Plus, it doesn't have any brand recognition, unlike Bionicle. They might as well keep the same "sci-fi heroes versus various thematic villains" but slap a different name on it. No one would notice.

 

:kakama:

OCD man to the rescue!

BZPower member Umm Durmán created this.

After a lot of lurking I think it is time I share my 2 cents about this issue. Now this will be a longer post so I would like to thank you for your attention if you're reading it in advance. My whole thoughts on this matter, on these possible doomsday scenarios, could more or less be expressed in one sentence:

 

It looks like Bionicle is currently in the same situation as oil.

 

Now I would like to elaborate on this opinion of mine and tell you the longer version of the story: There have been many mixed reports lately - some say Bionicle is doing well, some say it is disappearing from shelves. I made my opinion based on trusting both of these reports - the reports saying all is allright and the reports that are saying something is amiss. The disappearing of Bionicles from shelves points out that Bionicle isn't the hottest LEGO theme out there, however the reports (including reports of top officials posted by Aanchir) saying that Bionicle is “doing well”, clearly suggest that Bionicle isn't dying, so the fears of some people seem to be unfounded.

 

If it's not dying and also not growing, what is happening to it? It is shrinking, but it remains strong - just as oil. Now if it weren't for the oil war between Saudi Arabia and Iran, oil production would be drastically decreased by now in order to combat the dropping oil prices. But despite that, oil isn't dying, it is still a hot commodity and it ain’t going anywhere anytime soon. And the reports about Bionicle sales (both optimistic and pessimistic) seem to suggest that the same is happening to Bionicle. To me it looks like the market for Bionicle is currently smaller for the kind of production they were expecting, but still strong enough to make the line "sell well". Other themes, like Star Wars or Ninjago might be hotter than Bionicle and it makes sense to boost them if LEGO is convinced that the market might be able to handle an increase in their production.

 

Building new factories is a daunting issue and short term trends are not enough to warrant the profitability of building whole new production capacities so the safer way is to decrease the production of less hot lines so that the gained production capacity might be used to increase the production of the hotter line. But that doesn't mean that production of the less hot line should be abandoned. For example: Let us hypothetically assume that LEGO uses 30% of its production capacity to build Bionicles and 70% to build Star Wars sets. Let us assume that the market would be able to handle another 10% of total production capacity worth of Star wars sets, but Bionicles are in lesser demand compared to their production (let's say by 10% of total production capacity).

 

This means that 90% of LEGO products are being sold. In this case it makes sense to cut a third of Bionicle production to a level of 20% and increase the production of Star Wars sets to 80%. By doing this sales of the factory increase to 100%. But does this mean Bionicle is useless? Definitely not! If LEGO would cancel Bionicle and 100% of their production capacity would build Star Wars sets, their profits would actually decrease to 80%.

 

Now this was just a hypothetical example to better explain what I meant with "shrinking, but not dying". Small lines are just as important in maximizing profits as larger are. The sales representatives, who have voiced concerns about the future of Bionicle stocking of shops were low ranking and therefore aware of only the current trends of stocking shops in their area of jurisdiction. Beyond that, they are completely in the dark - only the top LEGO officials and owners know the global trends and business strategies. The owners of large businesses don't get successful by telling low ranking officials absolutely everything - these things work on a need to know basis.

 

So to put the long story short, there is nothing that would indicate that Bionicle is about to die – there is nothing that would indicate that reported decreases in stocking of Bionicles mean its death and not merely its decrease in production.

  • Upvote 1

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

OCD man to the rescue!

BZPower member Umm Durmán created this.

 

Yup, that's the one!

 

:kakama:

 

I actuallly am diagnosed with OCD. Part of it is that everything I have is arranged or alphabetized.

  • Upvote 1

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

OCD man to the rescue!

BZPower member Umm Durmán created this.

 

Yup, that's the one!

 

:kakama:

 

I actuallly am diagnosed with OCD. Part of it is that everything I have is arranged or alphabetized.

 

I'm kind of ocd as well, but I have autism- anyways what do you think we're gonna get as a wave of sets this winter(2017)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect that the line is going to continue for awhile based on one thing... I don't think Lego would be able to make a new original constration theme that will sell as well as bionicle... If they do end up ending bonkle I think we are going to have to enjoy those Star Wars constraction figures lol

Edited by Bionicleforever 12

Banner.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish people would start trying to guess what'll happen to Bionicle after 2017, when the 2016 story hasn't even concluded yet and we have literally no idea what we will or won't be getting next year. We've had no teasers, no cliffhangers—heck, while discussing set leaks on BZPower isn't allowed, I believe I can safely affirm that I have seen literally zero purported leaks (real, fake, or anything in between) about next year's sets or story.

 

Unfortunately there probably aren't any leaks out there. (Seeing as it's only July right now.) I'm guessing it will pick up once/if we get news of new sets...


shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect that the line is going to continue for awhile based on one thing... I don't think Lego would be able to make a new original constration theme that will sell as well as bionicle... If they do end up ending bonkle I think we are going to have to enjoy those Star Wars constraction figures lol

 

Nah. They've definitely got an ace up their sleeves for when it does end. 


 

96DIFYm.png


 


A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.


[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]


 


:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 


 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I expect that the line is going to continue for awhile based on one thing... I don't think Lego would be able to make a new original constration theme that will sell as well as bionicle... If they do end up ending bonkle I think we are going to have to enjoy those Star Wars constraction figures lol

 

Nah. They've definitely got an ace up their sleeves for when it does end. 

 

 

THE RETURN OF GALIDOR.

  • Upvote 1

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

I expect that the line is going to continue for awhile based on one thing... I don't think Lego would be able to make a new original constration theme that will sell as well as bionicle... If they do end up ending bonkle I think we are going to have to enjoy those Star Wars constraction figures lol

 

Nah. They've definitely got an ace up their sleeves for when it does end. 

 

 

THE RETURN OF GALIDOR.

 

Hi Shadow Destroyer! What ever happened to your youtube channel? I loved the videos you did...especially the top 10 rarest bionicle sets one you did

 

Why do you think galidor will be returning? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

I expect that the line is going to continue for awhile based on one thing... I don't think Lego would be able to make a new original constration theme that will sell as well as bionicle... If they do end up ending bonkle I think we are going to have to enjoy those Star Wars constraction figures lol

 

Nah. They've definitely got an ace up their sleeves for when it does end. 

 

 

THE RETURN OF GALIDOR.

 

Hi Shadow Destroyer! What ever happened to your youtube channel? I loved the videos you did...especially the top 10 rarest bionicle sets one you did

 

Why do you think galidor will be returning? 

 

 

Thanks for watching my vids! Unfortunately I deleted my channel because I knew that my interest in the line was dwindling, and I didn't have enough time to make new videos anymore. I really don't think Galidor is coming back. No chance.  :P


shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how the sales for G2 have been, but I have a feeling it will depend almost solely upon that. Personally, I hope it continues, even if just for the sets. I really hope the story improves before long, but if not, the sets are still really awesome and I'll still look forward to getting them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

I expect that the line is going to continue for awhile based on one thing... I don't think Lego would be able to make a new original constration theme that will sell as well as bionicle... If they do end up ending bonkle I think we are going to have to enjoy those Star Wars constraction figures lol

 

Nah. They've definitely got an ace up their sleeves for when it does end. 

 

 

THE RETURN OF GALIDOR.

 

Hi Shadow Destroyer! What ever happened to your youtube channel? I loved the videos you did...especially the top 10 rarest bionicle sets one you did

 

Why do you think galidor will be returning? 

 

 

Thanks for watching my vids! Unfortunately I deleted my channel because I knew that my interest in the line was dwindling, and I didn't have enough time to make new videos anymore. I really don't think Galidor is coming back. No chance.  :P

 

Bionicle x Galidor crossover for 2018.

 

Because, you know, *Gali*dor.

 

:kakama:

  • Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

I write stories, which you can read at A Beach, Somewhere. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bionicle x Galidor crossover for 2018.

 

 

 

Because, you know, *Gali*dor.

 

:kakama:

 

 

Hodor?

 

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind seeing a new line of updated Slizers. Or even a second round of Exo Force. I'm dying for a good line of Lego mechs, and I'm sure a lot of contraction pieces could be worked into those.


shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Bionicle x Galidor crossover for 2018.

 

 

 

Because, you know, *Gali*dor.

 

:kakama:

 

 

Hodor?

 

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind seeing a new line of updated Slizers. Or even a second round of Exo Force. I'm dying for a good line of Lego mechs, and I'm sure a lot of contraction pieces could be worked into those.

 

Oooooh yeah. I often say Bionicle is the only Lego line I care about anymore, which is true, however if Exo-Force G2 ever becomes a thing, count me in!

 

:kakama:


:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

I write stories, which you can read at A Beach, Somewhere. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there is a rebooted slizer like wave of sets, do any of you think they'll have various sizes because when slizers were around in 1999/2000, they were all basically the same size/price.

 

Also I doubt this would happen, but would they bring back that old teal colour?

 

I hope they don't have printed pieces like they did in the 2000s....oh wait nevermind because ccbs has been tons of printed pieces, so it won't seem like a big shift to use them on slizers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there is a rebooted slizer like wave of sets, do any of you think they'll have various sizes because when slizers were around in 1999/2000, they were all basically the same size/price.

 

Also I doubt this would happen, but would they bring back that old teal colour?

 

I hope they don't have printed pieces like they did in the 2000s....oh wait nevermind because ccbs has been tons of printed pieces, so it won't seem like a big shift to use them on slizers

Man, what do you have against printed pieces? They're great for giving a set character, and pretty much the only way to give something a face without a big ugly moulded piece. Or, you know, masks, but that's Bionicle's thing.

 

I doubt Slizers will be brought back. A line with such a short life has no brand recognition, plus the overly-techy theme doesn't translate as well to smooth CCBS as Bionicle.

 

Also, I'd love to see some discontinued colors brought back, teal among them. It works really well with mata red for an atypical but still decent color scheme!

 

:kakama:


:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

I write stories, which you can read at A Beach, Somewhere. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what I've got against printed pieces, they add less detail to sets because they seem like it makes sets look childish like the rest of lego's themes and they can get scratched or damaged very easily as if they're chinese knock offs and basically printed pieces give a set a cheap chinese knock off feel to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what I've got against printed pieces, they add less detail to sets because they seem like it makes sets look childish like the rest of lego's themes and they can get scratched or damaged very easily as if they're chinese knock offs and basically printed pieces give a set a cheap chinese knock off feel to it.

How does it take away detail? Would you really prefer unprinted Kanoka and Bamboo Disks?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what I've got against printed pieces, they add less detail to sets because they seem like it makes sets look childish like the rest of lego's themes and they can get scratched or damaged very easily as if they're chinese knock offs and basically printed pieces give a set a cheap chinese knock off feel to it.

How do they add less detail? How does you thinking they make sets look childish equal less detail? I mean, a plain solid color piece is less detailed than a piece with unique printing. This has zero logic.

Also, I don't know about you, but when I was small I used to chew my Lego parts ( a sin, I know), and the printing is intact. Do you take a pickaxe to your printed pieces or something?

Printed pieces have always been a thing for Lego, and I'm glad for it. They do have budgetary constraints, and intricate molds cost more. If a printed piece will give a set more character and detail, I'm all for it.

 

Plus, printing always always beats freaking stickers.

 

:kakama:


:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

I write stories, which you can read at A Beach, Somewhere. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...