Shooting Star Sonia 2 Review

It's back! ^^

I liked how you basically made your own opening, and explained a lot of the... well, unexplained things from Star Force 2; like where Goat came from, and how the two met and such. ^^

• Upvote 1

Thanks!  I thought this would be easier than trying to find a good place to insert a Goat scenario later on—the optional bosses were harder to work with this time around (one random FM-ian in a game about UMAs, and then an alternate timeline out of nowhere), and what seemed best for Goat was to use him as a way to tie the two stories together a little better.  Remains to be seen how much more he’s going to appear, though.

Right now I'm thinking of using Apollo and Auriga for something further down the line, so I think Tribe is going to end with Le Mu.  I do like the idea of 2's post-game, but it is a little tangential, and I think I can do more with these two if I save them for later.

Oooooh, that's a good idea, then. =O It does make sense, too, considering... Yeah, that might actually be the better idea. =O I liked the idea of the R world, but you're right too, that it doesn't really fit as well Dx

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 2 is up!  It may seem a bit earlier, but I wanted to get the museum scenario done right away--hopefully it'll make the encounters with Phantom and Yeti a little less coincidental, and it might give me more time to mess around with the Tribe On forms as an added bonus!

Oooooh, that was a nice idea. =O Was that name for the devices given in the original games? It made sense to give them names, but I forget. ^^;

Also does well to foreshadow things for later in the story, too. ^^

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy! Things are definitely getting tense! ^^

Though, I'm struggling to recall, I recall this happening at the beginning in the original, but wasn't that before the OOParts there? Yet, I seem to remember this same sorta stuff happening...? =/ (I need to replay SF2 Dx)

• Upvote 1

Yes, the first scenario with Dark Phantom happened at the beginning of the game, but then later, after the OOParts and the first fight with Solo, he kidnaps Luna again and takes her back to the theater and that's where the Tribe On awakens.  It was pretty redundant.

... oh. I knew there was a reason I somehow had the idea there was the same sorta thing, yet couldn't figure out how it could be fit together xD That makes more sense now, and yeah, it does seem a bit redundant... should've had a totally new place. xD

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!  I didn’t want to be too obvious about Ophiuca’s return, though it may have ended up being a bit out of the blue in the end…not sure I found the right balance there, but hopefully I can make up for it if I use her well in the future.  As for Sonia, we’ll see more of what’s going on with her in the next chapter, which is set for the 29th!

• 2 weeks later...

Can I just say I'm really liking how the FMians are actually all there and talking and such? It makes it just flow a lot better, in my opinion, especially when Ophiuca is able to fill such a sort of "... Why are you doing this again, exactly?" "It's for fun." "I... see." role.

The ending part was nice, too~ Though, I get this sort of feeling that there was a bit more to some of Sonia's reactions too, for some reason... I hope I'm wrong, though.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chapter 7 is up!  The first part was originally meant to be at the end of the last chapter, but that ran a little long so it got moved, which led to keeping this whole scenario at the resort…we’ve been here a while, huh?  I was debating on how exactly this fight was going to go right up to when I started writing it.  Things take a turn, but I think it’ll be an interesting direction to explore.  Chapter 8 is primarily about Sonia reacting to these events, and is on track for 10/10!

Oh boy, this is definitely something...

I'm interested to see how this goes from here, since it's not looking good for Sonia; and I'm especially interested to know what happened to Lyra there, since it seems as if the power of loneliness might have overwhelmed Lyra. =/

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 8 is up!  Sonia struggles to cope with her mistake, but she has Luna to lean on, and we get pointed in the direction the story is going to head for the next several chapters.  Maybe a shift to a sillier location will help balance out angst!

Hoping to get the next chapter out on 10/24!

I'm glad that Sonia was able to be cheered up even a little bit by Luna! It's still gonna take time, but Luna was able to help out enough with Lyra's assistance at the end of that part, that she was started on the path to getting better. ^^ And that scene on the bench was just cute~

The next chapter seems like it'll be awesome too! ^^

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 9 is Whazzup!  We delve into the Whazzap Lines and get introduced to the Shaman, but Hyde shows up with a plan that involves bringing a certain someone back for a rematch.  I think I typed that darn name so much that I've actually gotten used to it...

Next chapter is on track for 11/7!

Edited by Bird Mom Pahrak

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice! I like how Condor was portrayed, and I feel bad for him that just when things were starting to look up for him, Hyde comes along and ruins things. =/

Also, the scene with Luna and Ophiuca was pretty interesting, too. =O

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Poor Luna... I feel bad for her, and good job on actually managing to do that when the three actual games didn't really manage that. ^^ I like how Sonia's trying her best to help, though. =/

The stuff at the end with Plesio was pretty interesting too, and it seems like Hyde's definitely trying to attempt his own plots here.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 12 up!  Sonia shows off a new method of using Thunder Berserk while wrapping up the Loch Mess scenario, with some help from a few people she may not have been expecting it from.

Chapter 13 will be posted a bit early: I’m planning to post in December 14th, the 10 year anniversary of the day the first Star Force games released in Japan.  Chapter 14 is in good shape too, so that one will pick up the regular two week schedule on 12/19.  Wow, I can’t believe I was actually able to keep up a schedule this long! :D

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really liked how that went, in all ways. ^^ I've been looking forward to how this fight would go, and it was done very well, and also showed well how things were going. ^^

It also was rather nice to not have the cut brotherband thing. =P

• Upvote 1

Chapter 14 is out!  For the first time in quite a while we get to see Sonia and Geo fighting side-by-side...but will it be enough?!

That's all for this year I guess.  But Chapter 15 is planned for January 2nd, and if I can keep up my schedule I should be able to fit three chapters into that month, which will get us well on our way to the climax.  Here's hoping!

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to read this and it's predecessor, and I was not disappointed! I've had to have some things  explained for context in the games, but that only made the reading better! Loving how different Sonia's Tribe forms are, especially the instruments used. The writing feels fresh, the characters feel no different than the source material's even with the awesome liberties taken, and I am loving how the scene is laid out in each chapter. Kudos to you! I'm looking forward to future chapters! ^^

And on that note, the latest chapter, with all that's been built up beforehand.......sounds like it's going to be quite intense.

Alku

Edited by Hades
  • Upvote 1