Bionicle lookalikes

Hey there folks, I would like to introduce a new game to the forum. If I remember correctly, there was an official contest a year ago about taking pictures that resemble Bionicle masks. Now I would like to expand on this concept and create a Bionicle lookalike game  :)

The rules are simple. Just find somebody or something that resembles a Bionicle character or set and post both the picture of the Bionicle set/character and the picture of its lookalike. There are no limits to this, the lookalikes can be people, animals, objects, cloud formations, whatever, it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is having fun  :)

So I will start this thread with a picture of two Pohatus:

Dogue de Bordeaux

Doguedebordeauxwystawa.jpg

Pohatu Nuva

1280x1024.png

I am a huge fan of dogs (I have two dogs at home, a 16 year old Dachshund and a 11 year old Golden Retriever) and if I were to ever have a Dogue de Bordeaux and it would be a male, I would surely give him the name Pohatu  ^_^

Edited by Umm Durmán
  • Upvote 4

IhDIrLK.jpg

I really don't see how this is Bionicle discussion. Yes, it refers to a Bionicle set, but it seems more like "I think this dog looks like Pohatu."

This would much better fit Completely Off Topic.

The thread isn't just about this one lookalike, it's about all kinds of lookalikes we can find  :)

Btw, I have a new one  :)

40d.jpg

• Upvote 3

IhDIrLK.jpg

There is also precedent for this kind of blatant reference:

green_lantern_bionicle_cameo.png

• Upvote 6

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

I really don't see how this is Bionicle discussion. Yes, it refers to a Bionicle set, but it seems more like "I think this dog looks like Pohatu."

Well, none of the "discussion" going on right now in Bionicle discussion really fits either, so

The Lewa one might have been intentional. Remember DC Comics who owns Green Lantern also published the G1 Bionicle comics

Stel was created in the 80's though.

• Upvote 3

Well, none of the "discussion" going on right now in Bionicle discussion really fits either, so

The Lewa one might have been intentional. Remember DC Comics who owns Green Lantern also published the G1 Bionicle comics

Stel was created in the 80's though.

What if it's the other way around, and the Miru was inspired by Stel's design? 

• Upvote 2

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

Irrelevent. This should either go in Bionicle Discussion or G&T.

The Vorcha from Mass Effect always reminded me of the Piraka. Those wide, toothy grins were the instant cause, and I always imagined the Piraka to speak the way the Vorcha do. 

Also, the heads of Bearded Dragons look eeirly similar to the head mold for the Creature sets from this year's summer wave. I always wanted to make a moc of out pet bearded dragon (whose name happens to be Puku) with Ketar's head.

:kakama:

• Upvote 3

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Yeah, I'm not seeing any similarities there. Bane looks way different.

The mouth piece is a little different, but it's overall shape and size reminds me of the Hau. Also the cheekbands remind me of the cheeks of the Hau. The positioning of the eyes compared to the mouthpiece also closely resembles a Hau in my eyes and their heads have nearly identical shape and feature proportions  ^_^

IhDIrLK.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm not seeing any similarities there. Bane looks way different.

The mouth piece is a little different, but it's overall shape and size reminds me of the Hau. Also the cheekbands remind me of the cheeks of the Hau. The positioning of the eyes compared to the mouthpiece also closely resembles a Hau in my eyes and their heads have nearly identical shape and feature proportions  ^_^

I don't want to sound off-topic, but in my opinion, Bane in Dark Knight Rises looks more like Core Hunter from Hero Factory without his eye scopes than Tahu, but okay. I can see how you compare.:)

Anyway, back on topic, I always see Preston Stormer's helmet (not including the 2.0 or 3.0 helmet) look like 2015 Lewa's mask.

• Upvote 2

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

To lighten the mood of the sad last week I have another lookalike -_-

Wall E

walle-ground-laserdot-700x348.jpg

Onewa

1152x864.png

Okay I understand this one.

A new one:

Bane

8589130429320-bane-batman-mask-wallpaper

Tahu

01_tahu.jpg

When I first saw a poster for the Dark Knight Rises on a bus stop I was like "LOL wut? Batman is gonna fight Tahu this time?" :ahhh:

Than this one.
  • Upvote 2

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

It has to be said...

(Apologizes that the first pic is very big)

NXBIjNR.jpg

Th3LA7z.jpg

• Upvote 6

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

The Toa Masters look a lot like the Toa Mata....

Haha seriously though:

461093.jpg

Looks pretty similar IMO

Kopaka_Nuva_Mask_Comparison.png

Why yes. Even Terminator noted the resemblances between their franchise and Bionicle. Apparently they had a TV show where an AI human often played with Toa Mistika sets talking about the "genius of ball joint design"... Edited by Xboxtravis
  • Upvote 2

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Here comes another one. One which is another frightening reminder of the ridiculousness of synthol.

Valdir the synthol freak

Man-that-is-living-proof-that-you-should

Skull Basher

maxresdefault.jpg

This just shows that Synthol is not only life threathening, but looks outright disgusting. Both Valdir and Skull Basher share massive chests, massive upper arms but ridiculously thin forearms.

IhDIrLK.jpg

I am a huge fan of dogs (I have two dogs at home, a 16 year old Dachshund and a 11 year old Golden Retriever) and if I were to ever have a Dogue de Bordeaux and it would be a male, I would surely give him the name Pohatu  ^_^

Get a grouchy little white cat as well and see how long it takes him to make friends with it.

Also, on-topic, look at this robot snake and tell me it's not something a Makuta would create...

Edited by Makaru
huge image linked
  • Upvote 1

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Get a grouchy little white cat as well and see how long it takes him to make friends with it.

Also, on-topic, look at this robot snake and tell me it's not something a Makuta would create...

That looks like metus when he was a snake  :)

metus_snake_by_darthdestruktor.jpg

IhDIrLK.jpg