Ekimu the Mask Maker Character Video Released on Facebook

The official LEGO Bionicle Facebook page has released the last character video for the summer 2016 Bionicle sets, Ekimu the Mask Maker. Like the other new character videos, this one is made up of clips from upcoming episodes of the Netflix series LEGO Bionicle: The Journey to One, but in this case that includes not only future events but also a flashback to the battle with Makuta that resulted in Okoto's Great Cataclysm! Ekimu's Hawk, which will be released as a gift set with the upcoming second issue of the LEGO Bionicle magazine in Europe, can also be seen in this teaser. Follow the link above to watch the new video!

View the full article

• Upvote 4

Yesss another form of Makuta to build, Moup doesn't impress me too much but that not might be the final design. Things are looking good for the next two episodes. Good to see more of Ekimu too.

PS: is that a new Ekimu form as well or just the old one from a new angle?

PPS: Huh looks like the outline of the MOUP is in the JtO poster, so this probably is the final version of the mask.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

OH, MY! I think that new (and perhaps final) summer video shows the MASK OF ULTIMATE POWER!:o It looks very cool!:D It looks like Breez's helmet from Hero Factory mixed with the Bionicle 2015 Online Animations' version of the Mask, but with teeth and the Mask's horn on top and bottom are shorter (a little disappointed on that because it is not accurate to the Animations, but okay.). It seems to match the mysterious outline in the summer The Journey to One poster.

Makuta looks taller than he is in the Animations. I could tell by looking at the pieces that belong to the Toa Masters in 2015 (mostly the chest plate).

It seems looks like that Ekimu becomes Toa-sized when he seems to exit a door with light blue crystals and light in there.

Nice to see the Falcon on the video. It seems that it could be considered canon.:)

Nice to see Storm Beast getting more screentime than the Elemental Beasts video (it shows mostly Quake Beasts and Lava Beasts).:)

The caption on the Facebook page reminds me of a quote from Ninjago Season 2 Finale where Lloyd fights the Overlord in his dragon form. This also reminds me of the light vs. shadow business in Bionicle G1 and Mask of Light movie where Takanuva is the Toa of Light and battles Makuta. I don't that Ekimu is a Toa because he has no elemental power.

Can't that for the summer episodes on the end of July!:D

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I like the description they put up with the video - 

If there is shadow there must be light!

Someone's been reading the Faber Files! :D

Edited by Pereki
  • Upvote 2

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Final design of the MoUP?

More Falcon screentime?

A 2015 toa-build Makuta - possibly the first glimpse of his set form?

Based on the footage from the Umarak character video and the poster, Pohatu will be in the spotlight in these episodes. Between that and the flashbacks teased in this, I'm so on board with this.

I believe several references to the hype train are in order.

Man, I love G2.

Now if only this were available outside Netflix....

:kakama:

• Upvote 5

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Really cool. I wonder if that might be one of the Makuta sets we see next year, though he looks a bit too generic. Maybe they'll pull an Umarak and give us two of him-- one pre-MoUP and one after? Will also be interested to see if that is the final MoUP design, or if perhaps this version is "incomplete." Either way, 2017 is already shaping up to be an exciting year.

Here is the JtO poster where the MoUP appears, if anyone missed it.

Wow!  This is a cool video! :D  The MoUP is certainly cool looking. :)  Since the Makuta model seems to have a custom chest print, I am assuming that this model will appear as a set next year.  Agil, Ekimu's Falcon, looks awesome.  I really hope I can get my hands on the falcon set. :)  Pohaturon is right, G2 is awesome.  It keeps getting better and better. :D :biorules:

Edited by Daler99

~Daler

Here's the teaser from Youtube for those who want to see it that way.

I really liked the flashback scene with Makuta. It was nice seeing a glimpse of him there. And while I've said in the past that I think the 2016 Ekimu set has one too many trans-blue pieces, I think the color scheme actually works on the show. I'm very interested in seeing him help the Toa defeat Umarak.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I really need that hawk. I wish there was a good way to pick up Bionicle promo sets in the US.

As far as the MoUP, it sure does look like a Gen 2 bad guy mask. It is fine, good even, I just wish they went somewhere more unique with it.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

Welp.

This is gonna be good

The City of the Mask Makers as it is seen in TJTO looks... very, very futuristic. It gives me massive Metru Nui vibes, for sure. 

Seeing as both appear in the show, it's basically confirmed that we'll be getting Mask Maker Makuta (with a unique build, yay) and the MOUP. 

(Both of which look awesome.)

Even as a fan living in America, I'm very happy to see that Ekimu's Hawk is canon. :) 

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

I'm curious as to how Makuta is depicted. In every other media recounting thus far of Ekimu smashing his face, Makuta is red and black, and a good deal taller. I can't think this was done without reason.

MVT Lego Space Galactic Cruiser

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/593592ef-5da6-4a2a-9422-a17e0f8438ea

Please help and support this project! Your contribution is greatly appreciated. 

I'm curious as to how Makuta is depicted. In every other media recounting thus far of Ekimu smashing his face, Makuta is red and black, and a good deal taller. I can't think this was done without reason.

Some of it could just be creative liberties. But additionally, part of me feels like this version of Makuta is based on an upcoming set. There are some things about his construction and the construction of his hammer that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense if there weren't a set of him planned (since previous depictions of him show him mostly looking like an Ekimu palette swap, which would be a LOT easier for the character designers and animators to manage if they weren't basing this new portrayal on something specific).

It's not unheard of for a character or object to appear one way before a finalized version is available for reference, and another way afterwards. Sometimes there will be a story reason for this discrepancy (like the Mask of Life's ability to shapeshift explaining the many), while other times the discrepancy will just be ignored.

• Upvote 2

Some of it could just be creative liberties. But additionally, part of me feels like this version of Makuta is based on an upcoming set. There are some things about his construction and the construction of his hammer that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense if there weren't a set of him planned (since previous depictions of him show him mostly looking like an Ekimu palette swap, which would be a LOT easier for the character designers and animators to manage if they weren't basing this new portrayal on something specific).

It's not unheard of for a character or object to appear one way before a finalized version is available for reference, and another way afterwards. Sometimes there will be a story reason for this discrepancy (like the Mask of Life's ability to shapeshift explaining the many), while other times the discrepancy will just be ignored.

I think that the chestplate design more or less confirms that the Makuta design might be the final version. However, minor tweaks are not unheard of, since many of the G2 sets had minor changes from the preliminary designs. 

G2 has already had visual discrepancies with the Mask of Time, so the same thing could be happening with Makuta. Who knows. 

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

Now I think that gold piece hold by Umarak, can be part of MoUP.

q0zEjuQ.png

That does seem to be the case, but what is up with the color change? Will the MoUP be "purified" at some point, and destroyed later on?

Plus it would seem pretty odd to put such a major story event into a character-trailer.

I'm really excited for these episodes.

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

q0zEjuQ.png

That does seem to be the case, but what is up with the color change? Will the MoUP be "purified" at some point, and destroyed later on?

Plus it would seem pretty odd to put such a major story event into a character-trailer.

Well, I think that originally mask was gold when Makuta crafted it. It changed colors when he active mask by putting it on face. And then when mask exploded and shatter, all pieces become inactive and gold again.

Beside, even Ekimu changed color of MoC to trans blue to get more power or something.

Edited by PrimoUltimo

cWeRqBk.png

q0zEjuQ.png

Well, I think that originally mask was gold when Makuta crafted it. It changed colors when he active mask by putting it on face. And then when mask exploded and shatter, all pieces become inactive and gold again.

Beside, even Ekimu changed color of MoC to trans blue to get more power or something.

Yeah, I was thinking it was something along those lines too. Though I'm not too sure about the shattering thing. So far all media; including this character trailer, have just shown it being knocked off his face. We'll probably learn more about it in the new episodes, so we'll see if it really did shatter or not.

inb4 we're all wrong and that gold shard has nothing to do with the MoUP. :v

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

q0zEjuQ.png

It didn't shatter though, and the 2015 animations showed it to be black and evil looking from the get-go, hence my confusion on the color. 

I thought finding/capturing the MoUP was kind of the end-goal for the Toa, as it is the source of all the bad things going on around Okoto?

If it isn't part of the MoUP, then perhaps it is part of a key that will help the Toa (or whoever gets hold of all the pieces) find the location of the mask itself. So far both the masks of creation and control have been locked away somewhere so the third could probably be in the same situation.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh, a look at the Mask of Ultimate Power at the start there! Looks like we get a flashback sequence to the Great Cataclysm. Excited to see the city in its prime. I really like the way Ekimu looks in this art style. The little eagle promo set also making an appearance is quite a surprise. Looks like I'll have to find a way to pick it up or get the pieces to build it!

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg