Let's Make a Galidor Reboot

Banana Gunz

No, this isn't me thinking that rebooting Slizers was an actually good idea. Oh how I've changed...

But no, we all love Galidor, a practical masterpiece and something LEGO will never revisit again for fear of not meeting with the expectations, like Half Life 3 (no but seriously Valve please what's taking so long I'm in pain).

But like I always say, if you don't try the impossible, you can't ever know what's actually possible.

So together, as a community, let's create something. Let's remake Galidor. Do whatever you want with it, I really don't care. Just entertain me between each episode of Star Trek and Samurai Jack.

Make it happen, I believe in you. Or something like that.

>galidor reboot
>this is the kind of quality content I'm here for

No but seriously. I know Galidor's return has been an inside joke (some would say overused but w/e) for quite some time, but I legitimately think that if LEGO and their marketing prowess were to turn to Galidor, they could find a way to successfully reboot it. The problem really wasn't in the plot nearly as much as the sets and their un-LEGO-ness. Constraction Galidor could make it.

• Upvote 4

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

But before Galidor, we have to bring back the masterpiece that was Hero Factory

(obvious sarcasm is sarcastic)

Kinda a weird thing to be sarcastic about… while I don't particularly expect EITHER theme to make a comeback, Hero Factory was not anywhere near as disastrous for LEGO as Galidor was. Hero Factory was successful enough to justify its existence for four years, while Galidor is generally considered one of the LEGO Group's biggest failures, if not THE biggest. So frankly the chances of Hero Factory coming back would be a lot stronger.

You are mad. If Galidor is Rebooted I will excrete my soul out of my left big-toe.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Frankly, while Galidor's abject failure pretty much ensures that it will never receive any sort of official reboot, I think the idea of a fan reboot is not without potential. Galidor's toyline failed due to being expensive, poorly marketed, and well outside Lego's traditional areas of expertise as a building toy manufacturer. But the main faults of the TV series were in its execution, specifically poor acting and special effects. Beyond that, I feel the story had quite a bit of potential. The characters were interesting and diverse, and the lore was generally unique (being most similar to popular sci-fi series like Doctor Who and Stargate but still being quite distinct from anything else I can think of).

So while I can't tell how serious the original poster was about the idea of a Galidor reboot, there have been worse ideas. And hey—when you're starting off from something so unsuccessful, the odds of being able to create something better than the original are in your favor. ;)

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother