G1: Horcruxes Exist in Canon?

Okay, click bait title, but I was inspired thinking about Horcruxes and Toa Lhikann.

So horcruxes sort of store a bit of your life force or something like that, and if I'm not mistaken Toa Lhikann put all of his toa energy into Toa Stones, but I have to wonder why draining his Toa energy didn't turn him into a Turaga.

But after he's captured by Nihdiki and Krekka, where he is seen as a toa, the Toa Metru come into being, using the toa stones he created and passed onto them. The next time we see him, he's a turaga. (Remember I'm totally going completely off of memory so this theory could be totally invalid)

So, distributing all of your toa power into stones doesn't make you into a Turaga? That's an interesting prospect, because now Toa Stones sound kinda like miniature Toa energy banks. He didn't turn into a Turaga until they were used, so it sounds like they could work a little bit like horcruxes from Harry Pooter. Perhaps they won't save you from death, but they could possibly save you from having your energy sapped, which seems like something a lot of beings like to do in the MU.

All you'd have to do is hide them someplace safe so that some dopey matoran doesn't come along and use your power and turn into a toa.

As to why toa wouldn't do this in story? Maybe to them it seems ethically wrong and it makes them feel like their power isn't a part of them, like maybe there's a disconnection since it's not directly flowing through their bodies. Maybe they just see it as weak or too much responsibility/trouble hiding toa stones, or even that the process could have other side effects.

I dunno, tell me what you think. Is this canonically wrong, or do you think it could be possible? Either way it's an interesting idea to me. I could imagine toa stones could then be used as weapons, like super powered grenades, like a mini nova blast sacrificing a part of their toa power to get out of a pinch but making them weaker.

Well the canonical reason why Lhikann didnt become a Turaga right away was because he didnt complete his destiny until the Toa Stones were actually used.

A Toa becomes a Turaga when they achieve their destiny and choose to sacrifice their Toa power. However, they become a Turaga against their will once they achieve their destiny and their Toa Energy had already been depleted.

So since Lhikan already used up all his Toa Power before achieving his destiny, he automatically became a Turaga as soon as it was acheived (the moment the Metru were transformed into Toa).

Makes sense right?

• Upvote 1

Need a voice over done? PM me or reach me at mikolajdudek@gmail.com!

ikg4k.gif

Ahhh...

But technically he could've hidden those stones now could he?

Plus something doesn't makes sense because Kopaka remarked in the serials how the Nuva had completed their destiny and could choose to become turaga, or just keep on going as toa.

Edited by Banana Gunz

Toa can choose to stay as Toa after completing their destinies if they stil have Toa Energy inside of them.

Keep in mind that the only on screen transfomation from Toa to Turaga is with the Toa Metru, whom used their Toa Energy to reawaken the dormant Matoran (considering there were roughtly a thousand of them, it is safe to asume they used all of their energy on that task). At the same time they fullfilled thier destiny, saving the heart of Metru Nui.

Before going back to rescue the Matoran, the Toa Metru created six Toa stones and hid them so a new generation of heroes could rise if they failed. By the "horrocrux" logic you proposed, there was no real reason for them not to retrive those stones and become Toa again, especially since Makuta was going to torment them for the next thousand years. Granted, they being possibly the shortest-lived Toa team, they might have never found out if such thing was posible.

Toa can choose to stay as Toa after completing their destinies if they stil have Toa Energy inside of them.

Exactly, and the Toa Nuva still had their Toa Power after completing their destiny. I mean, there wasnt any point in the story at all when the Toa Nuva ever used their Toa Power.

ikg4k.gif

Toa can choose to stay as Toa after completing their destinies if they stil have Toa Energy inside of them.

Exactly, and the Toa Nuva still had their Toa Power after completing their destiny. I mean, there wasnt any point in the story at all when the Toa Nuva ever used their Toa Power.

Indeed. If I recall correctly, in the event they became Turaga, they woul've been like Turaga Nuva, with Nuva Noble masks and a bit more elemental power than a normal Turaga.

All you'd have to do is hide them someplace safe so that some dopey matoran doesn't come along and use your power and turn into a toa.

As to why toa wouldn't do this in story? Maybe to them it seems ethically wrong and it makes them feel like their power isn't a part of them, like maybe there's a disconnection since it's not directly flowing through their bodies. Maybe they just see it as weak or too much responsibility/trouble hiding toa stones, or even that the process could have other side effects.

I honestly think it really doesn't have much to do with ethics, but rather if they are even able to do that at all.

Considering Lhikan is a pretty old Toa, one would asume that the knowledge of using a Toa stone as a backup supply is something he would have learned in his travels. Something like that would have been particulary useful in the war against the dark hunters.

The Toa Metru actually made Toa stones as well, albeit one per person. They hid them around the Island in book 6 (Maze of Shadows) and they were the stones that Takua gathered in the first videogame which summoned the Toa Mata.

But yeah, they don't prevent death or anything like that. Becoming a Turaga is really a matter of losing one's power, which can happen for a number of reasons.

• Upvote 1

The Legend Lives...

The Toa Metru actually made Toa stones as well, albeit one per person. They hid them around the Island in book 6 (Maze of Shadows) and they were the stones that Takua gathered in the first videogame which summoned the Toa Mata.

But yeah, they don't prevent death or anything like that. Becoming a Turaga is really a matter of losing one's power, which can happen for a number of reasons.

So that raises the question as to why Lhikan lost all of his energy making six Toa stones, while the Toa Metru didn't. It might have something to do with how the Metru were rookie Toa, so they had a larger reserve at their disposal. 

Or something like that. 

bZpOwEr

So that raises the question as to why Lhikan lost all of his energy making six Toa stones, while the Toa Metru didn't. It might have something to do with how the Metru were rookie Toa, so they had a larger reserve at their disposal.

Or something like that.

Well each individual Toa Metru only made one stone, whereas Lhikan made six.

Or something like that.

Well each individual Toa Metru only made one stone, whereas Lhikan made six.

Basically, Lhikan had to use more Toa Power since he was on his own, but the Toa Metru got to conserve Toa Power because there were 6 of them, and each only had to make one.

ikg4k.gif

Yup. Also, the Toa Stones weren't used to create Toa from Matoran, merely to summon existing Toa. I'm under the impression that the majority of the power that Toa Stones drain occurs when they are activated, as Lhikann still had his powers after creating the six stones (and was only shown as a Turaga after they had been activated).

The Legend Lives...