Takanuva (Dragon Ball style)

Hidron Nuva

Hey! It's a crossover and it's not about TRON!

When I was a child I was really obsessed with Super Sayans from Dragon Ball. I wanted to see a Super Sayan version of everything.
A couple of days ago I was thinking that Takanuva is the only Toa who might have a golden aura like them... Then this happened.

takanuva_dragon_ball.jpg <-- CLICK ME!

I tried to give the armor a Dragon Ball feel.
Comments are very welcome, please let me know what you think! :)

• Upvote 6

hidron_nuva_idea.png

This is a pretty interesting piece. I never thought I'd see Dragon Ball Z and BIONICLE come together, especially like this. Takanuva looks like he really fits in with all the fighters in that battle-hungry universe. I'd say you nailed the Dragon Ball feel for the armor, probably because it reminds me of Perfect Cell's body. The eyes and the way you did the mask are all icing on the cake as well. The aura was definitely the cherry on top. Never mind the fact that there's a random cherry sitting on the cake. Who gets to eat it, anyway?

Two thumbs up from me, and not just because I love Dragon Ball Z!

mindeth the cobwebs

It's surprising how well that design works for both DBZ and stylized Bionicle.  Well done!

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Quite an awesome piece of work, I approve. The thought occurred that if you went in true Super Saiyan style-where the only thing that changes about the character is their hair and eyes-you could use a similar style to recreate the Toa Mata in homage to both Dragonball Z and their Golden Masks from year one.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

This is a pretty interesting piece. I never thought I'd see Dragon Ball Z and BIONICLE come together, especially like this. Takanuva looks like he really fits in with all the fighters in that battle-hungry universe. I'd say you nailed the Dragon Ball feel for the armor, probably because it reminds me of Perfect Cell's body. The eyes and the way you did the mask are all icing on the cake as well. The aura was definitely the cherry on top. Never mind the fact that there's a random cherry sitting on the cake. Who gets to eat it, anyway?

Thank you!

Yes Perfect Cell was my main reference since he's the only character I was able to find wearing full armor. I considered making Takanuva wear less armor (Like the Sayan Armor that has nothing on the legs), but then I thought "What if I ever decide to make a Toa Mata"?

And of course the cherry is cut in as many pieces as the slices of cake :P

It's surprising how well that design works for both DBZ and stylized Bionicle.  Well done!

Thank you!

Quite an awesome piece of work, I approve. The thought occurred that if you went in true Super Saiyan style-where the only thing that changes about the character is their hair and eyes-you could use a similar style to recreate the Toa Mata in homage to both Dragonball Z and their Golden Masks from year one.

...That's actually a very interesting idea. A very, very interesting idea :br:

hidron_nuva_idea.png

Thank you!

Yes Perfect Cell was my main reference since he's the only character I was able to find wearing full armor. I considered making Takanuva wear less armor (Like the Sayan Armor that has nothing on the legs), but then I thought "What if I ever decide to make a Toa Mata"?

And of course the cherry is cut in as many pieces as the slices of cake :P

You're welcome!

The reference was a real benefit, since it helped Takanuva fit in, but one thing I forgot to mention was how he still had some original details that Perfect Cell didn't have, like those horizontal lines going down his torso. The Toa Mata really should look a little more basic, and I think that Saiyan Armor, with a few minor modifications, would work as Nuva armor, but I'll leave that up to you.

That would be some small cuts!

The thought occurred that if you went in true Super Saiyan style-where the only thing that changes about the character is their hair and eyes-you could use a similar style to recreate the Toa Mata in homage to both Dragonball Z and their Golden Masks from year one.

I've actually seen that done before, but in a humanized style. Hidron Nuva could definitely pull it off in the same style as Takanuva.

mindeth the cobwebs

Oh lord, I have to point this out...

Vegeta is Takanuva. I say this, because look at what his moves are called;

1. Big Bang Attack

2. Shining Shot(the small version of above)

3(GT...). Final Shine Attack

4. Gallick Gun(said at certain speeds, it sounds like "galaxy" gun)

5(from here out, Gogeta/Vegito moves...). Stardust Breaker

6. Stardust Drive

7. Spirit Sword(spirits glow, as they are aura)

With these seven listed moves, I must point out Vegeta would be a Toa of Light that was exempt from the Toa Code, and allowed to kill people.

Oh lord, I have to point this out...

Vegeta is Takanuva. I say this, because look at what his moves are called;

1. Big Bang Attack

2. Shining Shot(the small version of above)

3(GT...). Final Shine Attack

4. Gallick Gun(said at certain speeds, it sounds like "galaxy" gun)

5(from here out, Gogeta/Vegito moves...). Stardust Breaker

6. Stardust Drive

7. Spirit Sword(spirits glow, as they are aura)

With these seven listed moves, I must point out Vegeta would be a Toa of Light that was exempt from the Toa Code, and allowed to kill people.

You're forgetting his most important and powerful canon move: Final Flash.

bBhcfWO.png

Blending Dragon Ball and Bionicle is a genius idea! And a Super Saiyan Takanuva makes it all the better. Very well done, dude.

Also, I thinl Final Flash should replace Galick Gun on the list because it's supposed to be translated as "Garlic Gun".

Edited by New Age Retro Gunhaver

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y: