Deathmist Raptor

Beware what's lurking in the forests of Tarkir... not all is as it seems.

28340828605_fbf6cd9d24_z.jpg

GIF Spinnie

Not much to this really. I recently got into Magic The Gathering and fell in love with the design of the Deathmist Raptor. So I wanted to try and translate that design into a LEGO model, and I guess I succeeded somewhat. It's quite a mix of Constraction and System, it contains 629 bricks and it took about 9-10 hours to construct. Due to the lack of much-needed reddish brown and dark orange, so-called "earthy" colours, this is an LDD sculpture. Not much else to say really, so I'll let the model speak for itself.

Comments, upvotes, constructive criticism and the like are always welcome.

• Upvote 5

My Flickr - My Brickshelf - My DeviantART

Latest MOC: Draphim the Dragonborn - Latest artwork: Mazzie Rati

MOC Accolades: Mechan'Rex, Steel Guardian (BFTGM 2nd place on EB) - Skeletal Dragon (Featured on BZP) - Skull Imitator Corphos (Featured on Creator's Corner) - CCBS Chess (Featured on BZP) - Draphim the Dragonborn (Most faved MOC of mine on Flickr) - BOB WIP (featured on Flickr's Explore page - don't ask me why)

If you see a creative topic from me, I'd appreciate a comment on it - it's how I learn and become better at what I do!

Whoa.

As a recreation of the card it's excellent, but it's also really good just on its own. I really like the design of the frill and the neck. I think the face could use some work, but I can't say much 'cause I could never do something like this.

How about you make my whole deck in LDD? :P

Thanks. About half the build time was spent on the face and neck (I start with the face and build around it), probably could be better but sometimes I wish there were smaller detail and structural parts to help fill out builds like this. I admit I'm not particularly happy with the current solution for the various face and frill barbs but until a Viking horn with clip comes out it'll have to do  :P

As for making your whole deck in LDD... give me 6 months  :P But in all seriousness, this was fun to do so I may do some more Magic The Gathering themed builds in the future. The Eldrazi monsters in particular look like they'd translate well into my style of MOC'ing.

My Flickr - My Brickshelf - My DeviantART

Latest MOC: Draphim the Dragonborn - Latest artwork: Mazzie Rati

MOC Accolades: Mechan'Rex, Steel Guardian (BFTGM 2nd place on EB) - Skeletal Dragon (Featured on BZP) - Skull Imitator Corphos (Featured on Creator's Corner) - CCBS Chess (Featured on BZP) - Draphim the Dragonborn (Most faved MOC of mine on Flickr) - BOB WIP (featured on Flickr's Explore page - don't ask me why)

If you see a creative topic from me, I'd appreciate a comment on it - it's how I learn and become better at what I do!

• 3 weeks later...

, that looks good. The Serra Angel I built like ages ago is crying now because of how bad t looks in comparison to this. :P Big fan of the torso; you really managed to hit the organic feel there. Either way, loving the presence of more MTG MOCs here. Even if it's an obnoxious tournament mythic. :)

Speaking of other stuff you should build, I bet Kaladesh'll be great for MOCing with; I suspect the steampunk aesthetic will come out really well when translated to Lego.

VBWj75sh.png

Niiiice.

Before I found out it was based on someone else's illustration, I was going to rag on you about the pronated hands, but since that wasn't your idea, I really don't have anything to complain about. Very nice work on the details, color scheme is held to very nicely, and I love the foot construction you've got going there.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom