Stop-Motion WIP

Lewanuva10

So with the lack of good stop-motion "films" (that I know of), I'm deciding to hopefully make a series of well-made stop-motion videos in an episodic fashion. I have a rough backstory and plot, but I don't want to start animating now with my little experience. I'm planning on making some short, 1 minute videos just to get more experienced in the field. But I'm wondering if any of you could supply me with some "tips 'n' tricks". Whether it be for stop-motion specifically, cinematography, or photography.

I also would like to know if Sony Movie Studio Platinum alone is fine for stop-motion editing.

Cheers,

~ Ben

Edited by Lewanuva10

get a flexible overhanging lamp and some invisible string.tie the string to the lamp and the other side to the figure's sections between the joints.that way you can animate a larger range of motion with weak-jointed figures, and the in-between frames for things like running and jumping.

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.

Ok, as an animator myself don't shoot for a one minute video. If you try and stretch the content by decreasing frame rate or adding unnecessary pictures it will look bad so don't shoot for a certain time and just see what you come up with. It cold be 30 seconds to a minute and 15 but overall, it should be focused on quality not quantity. and make sure the movements are precise. other than that, just enjoy making it.

EDIT: make sure to use manual on your camera and lense. auto focus will screw you over

Edited by BioMotion