Custom Head Connection

Here's a way I found to connect classic 2001 heads to Av-Matoran bodies. It takes the following pieces:

• 32062 - Technic Axle (x2)
  • 6575 - Technic Cam
  • 32174 - Technic Axle Connector 
  • 32553 - Bionicle Head Connector Block (Mata)
  • Any Bionicle Mask

Simply connect the pieces like this:

YBffkyP.jpg

dKSD60j.jpg

MC2it3A.jpg

LBQEPSl.jpg

Edited by Lewanuva10
  • Upvote 5

Does it work if the head has an eyestalk? I don't believe those things can be removed once they're "clicked" in.

No, unfortunately you cannot use the head with the eyestock inside. However I can look into a possible way for that to be compatible if you'd like.

Could I get a side profile of this? It looks good from the front, but I'd like to see how it looks on the sides. Overall I dig it. Good job!

Added.

• Upvote 1

Could I get a side profile of this? It looks good from the front, but I'd like to see how it looks on the sides. Overall I dig it. Good job!

Added.

Nice! This is one of the best methods to accomplish the task of putting a mata head on a newer age body (Av Matoran, HF, current Bionicle) that I have seen! It actually looks good from the side (which is the angle some of the methods don't take into consideration). You have my stamp of approval!  :bowdown:

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Does it work if the head has an eyestalk? I don't believe those things can be removed once they're "clicked" in.

Yes you can actually. My brother and I have done this many times. Overtime, they can get a bit looser, but I haven't had any issues yet.

Toa Han

Any tips? I can't get the things to let go.

I might have a method! You use a thin bit of metal, small kitchen knives work, wiggle it between face and eyes, take another two, do the same, and then get some needle-nose pliers and basically, poke the eyes out while wiggling them for up to ten minutes. Mata heads are annoying to work with :/

Your method is similar to mine, but mine takes much quicker, and doesn't involve any pressure on the eyes.

I take my Swiss army knife, using one of the bottle openers (As it is thin, but gets thicker. this is quite crucial), I stick it between the eyes and head, and simply push it through. since my utensil gets thicker, it pushes the eyes out enough where I can now grasp it and wiggle it out. Only the most stubborn of eyes take more than 15 seconds or so.

Maybe I should make a video or take some photos....

Toa Han

My Flickr. Old Bionicles on Brickshelf

small_logo.png

I might have a method! You use a thin bit of metal, small kitchen knives work, wiggle it between face and eyes, take another two, do the same, and then get some needle-nose pliers and basically, poke the eyes out while wiggling them for up to ten minutes. Mata heads are annoying to work with :/

Your method is similar to mine, but mine takes much quicker, and doesn't involve any pressure on the eyes.

I take my Swiss army knife, using one of the bottle openers (As it is thin, but gets thicker. this is quite crucial), I stick it between the eyes and head, and simply push it through. since my utensil gets thicker, it pushes the eyes out enough where I can now grasp it and wiggle it out. Only the most stubborn of eyes take more than 15 seconds or so.

Toa Han

Yes, video please! And thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Edited by Huichelaar

Toa Han

Here I'll help you out brother with that one.

Hope this helps even if it's kinda painful to listen to me.

Onvermel

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

Ah, I remember when someone made the BrainPop mechanism to get those things out. This method does seem simpler though. Wonder if there's some other tool I can use.

Is it possible to get a sort of eyestalk effect in this new connection?

Edited by CHTrilogy

~ CHTrilogy

Ah, I remember when someone made the BrainPop mechanism to get those things out. This method does seem simpler though. Wonder if there's some other tool I can use.

Hanahtu and myself have never really tried using any other but I would assume you can use a butter knife or other thin peaces of metal.

-Onvermel-

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

• 2 weeks later...

Just popping in to say that there is also this easy method to remove eyestalks that someone shared on BZP years ago. Credit to that person, whomever they may be.

As for the OP, I like this method of attaching the G1 heads to Av-Matoran/CCBS bodies. I was looking for a quick, easy way to do this on a test MOC, so thanks for helping me out. ;)

Edited by Disciple

Back to the actual topic at hand, I just take a single axel and use it to attach the socket connector to the hole leading into the mouth on the back of the head.

The extra peg in height doesn't actually bother me that much, I get to keep the eyestalk, and I mostly only use the old Mata heads for masks that require stud connections anyway. Still, nice find nonetheless.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Yes you can actually. My brother and I have done this many times. Overtime, they can get a bit looser, but I haven't had any issues yet.

Toa Han

It's definitely easy to slide a small knife behind the eyes and apply friction to release the parts

qs3135.jpg