On the Topic of the Future of Member Titles

Opinions on Member Titles  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What are your thoughts on the future of BZPower's member titles?

There is only one user who has over 20,000 posts and I don't know how they feel about this issue, but I would like to hear what you guys think as well.

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

I personally like the idea of "Destiny Fulfilled!" being the final member title. It feels satisfying. But that's just me.

• Upvote 1

t5pQDlO.jpg

He did? I never knew that. Oh, well. My question and poll do remain valid. It's not like my opinion is going to change the future or have anyone remove future titles. I just wanted to know how other people viewed this idea. That was the point of the poll.

t5pQDlO.jpg

Given how inactive the forums are compared to say 5-6 years ago, I do not really see many people making the 20k mark so I do not really see the point of having post ranks beyond it. 

I would like to see all the different images of each post rank however.

As cool as it would be to go further than that, think of it from a story perspective.

You start off as a Matoran and post your way to Toa-hood. Your many member titles take you on all sorts of different hypothetical adventures and you conquer powerful foes along the way, even going for a dip in Protodermis at some point. Hundreds of posts turn to thousands, and eventually, you reach the "Destiny Fulfilled!" title. For a Toa, that means it's time to hang up the Toa tools and armor and become a Turaga. We all know that becoming a Turaga does not mean instant death. When the Toa Metru became Turaga, they continued to live among the Matoran and acted as elders for them. Therefore, it would make sense for "Destiny Fulfilled!", "Village/Koro Elder", or the like to be the final title.

After thinking of it that way, do you still want anything above that?

mindeth the cobwebs

As cool as it would be to go further than that, think of it from a story perspective.

You start off as a Matoran and post your way to Toa-hood. Your many member titles take you on all sorts of different hypothetical adventures and you conquer powerful foes along the way, even going for a dip in Protodermis at some point. Hundreds of posts turn to thousands, and eventually, you reach the "Destiny Fulfilled!" title. For a Toa, that means it's time to hang up the Toa tools and armor and become a Turaga. We all know that becoming a Turaga does not mean instant death. When the Toa Metru became Turaga, they continued to live among the Matoran and acted as elders for them. Therefore, it would make sense for "Destiny Fulfilled!", "Village/Koro Elder", or the like to be the final title.

Yeah, I think everyone can agree n that. But I think what OP is saying is to push that title back to allow for more in between.

Yeah, I think everyone can agree n that. But I think what OP is saying is to push that title back to allow for more in between.

I'm sure someone out there would disagree with me, but that was to be expected. And that's not what the polls said, but pushing back that title to make room for more is actually not a bad idea.

mindeth the cobwebs

I like the idea of 'Destiny Fulfilled!' being the last rank one could get with their post count. It kind of brings a sort of fulfillment feeling for whomever manages to reach the 20,000 posts to get the rank. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I'm sure someone out there would disagree with me, but that was to be expected. And that's not what the polls said, but pushing back that title to make room for more is actually not a bad idea.

I had not thought of squeezing in more. That's a pretty good idea.

t5pQDlO.jpg

I like the idea of 'Destiny Fulfilled!' being the last rank one could get with their post count. It kind of brings a sort of fulfillment feeling for whomever manages to reach the 20,000 posts to get the rank. 

Having gotten 3 times that many posts on another forum I frequent, I can tell you that there really isn't much of a feeling of fulfilment to getting a high number of posts. :v

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

Terton, how long have you been an active member of that forum? The amount of time it takes to garner the amount of posts to get certain titles may be more satisfying or fulfilling to some than to you. We all feel things differently.

t5pQDlO.jpg

I personally like the idea of them going past. Destiny Fulfilled is a good thematic way to end, yeah, but it also would mean that there's nothing past that. The point is moot, because Destiny Fulfilled isn't the last title as far as anyone knows, but it's more fun to still have member titles being discovered as anyone who gets that high keeps climbing. I enjoy the mystery.

Plus, being a Turaga doesn't mean you stop; Vakama and company still had a role to play once they became Turaga. Fulfilling your Destiny was just the end of you as a Toa, and not even that since the Nuva stayed Toa even after Mata Nui was awakened. Similarly, it feels like member titles should (and they do) keep going.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I feel like things should go beyond at least through the Bara Magna saga so we can finally have a Metus-related rank called "Trusted Traitor."

I voted for no change, but I would like to change said vote in light of this.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

I picked "other." 

Like, having ranks up to 20,000 posts is... a lot of posts. I've only seen two, three... maybe four? Members ever reach that amount of posts to begin with, which is where the new ranks would become relevant. And I wouldn't really want a situation where people are spamming small replies to try and get a higher rank for their posts. 

Like, with only a small, small amount of members getting so far up there to use them... it seems a bit of a waste of time to make more. 

But if a bunch of people did get up there, and 20,000 posts became a normal thing for people to obtain in general, then I'd say increase the rankings since at that point a large part of the member base would be up there to use them, see them and appreciate them. 

Or just toss one in every now and again when there's time and someone's really bored. 

This is going to likely expose my ignorance of the other ranks.

If the current highest is "destiny fullfilled"...maybe have turaga-related ranks? Could be a fun easter egg at least for when you reach that high. Or the idea of bara magna ranks also works. Or gen2 ranks!

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

• 3 weeks later...