Best Use Of The Inika Build?

Zarohum

I liked Jaller Mahri's build, since it had the other mold to complement the bland Inika structure. I'll assume that we can't say any Titan sets, since they obviously were not exclusively "Inika" in build. Carapar also wasn't bad.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

I think I'll agree with the consenus and say Jaller Mahri. Those tubes and that Awesome mask and parts really made it stand out. And his colour scheme was pretty cool too.And that crab was amazing.MTL

Jaller Mahri was easily one of the best canister sets. While the crab was kind of stupid, I loved the parts and the aesthetics of the set. The armor flowed well, and the sword was really cool.Aside from that ... I'd say the original Inika, specifically a set such as Kongu or Nuparu. They were for the most part clone sets, but they were the originals and boy were they awesome. It's a shame people tired of an innovative build after just a few waves.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

i must agree that toa jaller mahri pulled it off with flying colors i also think that the skrall also took it up a notch

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Jaller Mahri was always cool. Plus, I remember Gadunka put the Inika torsoes to good use, if that counts - as well, Lewa Phantoka was pretty cool, as well as Pohatu on the Rockoh T3.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Jaller Mahri was always cool. Plus, I remember Gadunka put the Inika torsoes to good use, if that counts - as well, Lewa Phantoka was pretty cool, as well as Pohatu on the Rockoh T3.

I agree that pohatu pilot form made good use of it and having the torso backwards also made him unique and he was able to pass off on that idea.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Mahri had the most creative use of the Inika Build.But the Inika were the best clones.

I also must point out that 2007 started the set individuality phase since before all the sets were built the same way. example the Toa metru all built the same but with different colors, tools, mask. This lasted all the way up to 2007 when you first have the barraki that are all built different i mean look at how you build ehlek compared to pridak. The same applies to the toa mahri and any sets for the remainder of bionicle except the smaller sets like the av-matoran and agori. Each toa nuva had a unique build and even the glatorian do. They all are unique in their own way and utilize the inika build in different ways.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Mahri had the most creative use of the Inika Build.But the Inika were the best clones.

I also must point out that 2007 started the set individuality phase since before all the sets were built the same way. example the Toa metru all built the same but with different colors, tools, mask. This lasted all the way up to 2007 when you first have the barraki that are all built different i mean look at how you build ehlek compared to pridak.
The Inika were beginning to move away from the clone builds, and that's what people overlook. Sure, they were mostly alike, but they had two different styles of feet and chest armor - not to mention the claws of Nuparu or the chain of Hewkii. (Plus some unprecedented two-tone swirling on Hahli). They were in the middle of an evolution between true clone sets and non-clone sets.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I also must point out that 2007 started the set individuality phase since before all the sets were built the same way. example the Toa metru all built the same but with different colors, tools, mask. This lasted all the way up to 2007 when you first have the barraki that are all built different i mean look at how you build ehlek compared to pridak.
The Inika were beginning to move away from the clone builds, and that's what people overlook. Sure, they were mostly alike, but they had two different styles of feet and chest armor - not to mention the claws of Nuparu or the chain of Hewkii. (Plus some unprecedented two-tone swirling on Hahli). They were in the middle of an evolution between true clone sets and non-clone sets.
that is exactly what i meant.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Just to be pedantic, the first canister series, the Toa Mata, weren't clone builds. Pohatu was upside down, different ones had different gear configurations, different leg configurations, different arms, and Onua was hunchbacked. If anything I'd say there was an era of clone sets between '02 Bohrok, all the way to '06 Inika. The Toa Nuva were the exception to that trend.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Just to be pedantic, the first canister series, the Toa Mata, weren't clone builds. Pohatu was upside down, different ones had different gear configurations, different leg configurations, different arms, and Onua was hunchbacked. If anything I'd say there was an era of clone sets between '02 Bohrok, all the way to '06 Inika. The Toa Nuva were the exception to that trend.
Yeah. The only real clones were the Vahki and the Rahaga. But still, people use the term "clone." No 6 sets have ever been completely identical, so I don't see how an upside-down torso makes much of a difference.

I agree with Jaller Mahri being a great Inika build. I also thought that Toa Ignika looked pretty cool too.

Ignika was a Piraka build.

Flight-mode Pohatu.because armour on the back makes more sense than on the front, since you can't get sneaked up on & stabbed in the chest..unless you're an cool dude.

I totally agree. I always hated how all sets have armor in the front. It's like they are say " oh we will never have someone attack from the back and we will never use that possibility in a story about bionicle because in real life it never happens.". That is precisely why allot of my mocs have armor on their backs in a type of rebel way saying" I'm not going to follow set standards and my mocs are going to b e protected all around never know when they might get stabbed in the back or have a moose ram them in the back with its antlers." I do have to admit the set that makes me the most angry is the takanuva of 08 is front is magnificent then you look at his back and go oohh in a depressing way due to lack of armor. Although i have to admit i was surprised to see Tuma at least had those spike things on his back.Also the new hero factory sets of 2011 also looked weird with there flat backs.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Eh, I dunno . . . weren't all of the Toa/Glatorian pretty generic in the latter years? I can only really remember how the Inika themselves looked, which was rather nice and smooth and all.That isn't to say I dislike the Inika torso. It's a very versatile piece that I often have used. It's just that the latter Toa/Glatorian seemed relatively forgetable.~B~

Malum, because while he suffered from gorilla proportions, it actually looked good on him, and his claws & helmet were cool. Also, Gresh was awesome, because he didn't have a really flat chest compared to almost all other Inika builds, except for Mata Nui & Malum. Plus he had an interesting tool and cool-looking spikes all over.~DD

Herp Derp

• 2 weeks later...

Glatorians were pretty good. Apart from that, I wasn't a fan of the inika builds in general. They always had tiny bodies and massive weapons.And jaller mahri has those annoying tubes and "old man" mask. But the crab was pretty cool though.

Edited by iPenguin

Majhost sucks