BZPGOT: Lore & Histories: Review

Voltex

Were they a Toa themselves once?

Because that's always been my headcanon for the origins of Kulta, part of a group that preceded the one we have. Perhaps they were the Toa of Decay, and a relic of a Decaying Region, which unsurprisingly decayed until it was no more. Perhaps he or she wants control of Okoto. 

Perhaps Makuta knew the Long Night was coming, and that's why he forged the Mask of Ultimate Power, in an ineffective attempt at trying to make Okoto united - a Mask with the power of all elements. But of course, it went wrong and then Skulls started crawling out of the ground. 

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Perhaps we shall learn more when these mysterious missing regions are revealed... 

• Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

With no proper region to rule now, it makes one wonder what Hinterland will do in the future. I don't want to offend Lord Burnmad, but I don't want to offend the (former) Jungle Region, either. Perhaps ToaTimeLord's son should see if the claims about being descended from Makuta are true, and then we might have another person with Mask Maker blood about. Even if it may be unlikely.

I have plans to look into finding old documents or letters from Lady Tamaru's time showing a personal connection between her and Makuta.

If the current Mask Maker would allow me to use his forge to see if I can make a mask that would be helpful.

I will also look if the Jungle region has Makuta's lost sacred hammer.

That be a hug bit of evidence.

Also the story of Lady Tamaru marrying the commoner that no one ever saw is a bit mysterious.

It basically she said "I married this guy that no ones ever heard of and here's the our baby. Also we now have Makuta's Mask of Control for no apparent reason."

It seems she could have been protecting her child and Makuta's lineage by telling the commoner father story.

I will definitely like to determine the truth in season 2.

Personally I think it be pretty interesting if I were a descendent of Makuta. It makes since if Ekimu has living descendents why not Makuta.

What ever the answer is I will publicly tell Okoto the answer.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Announcing a change in plans:

The next chapter will be dealing with the Earth Region, leaving the next chapter - which will probably end up being re-titled something like 'Legends of Okoto' or some other nonsense - to round it all off in as grand a fashion as possible before Season 2.

You won't be waiting for too much longer for Lore & Histories to finish, of course, than you were before; Nato's work on the Earth Region chapter leaves me without too much to do, so once I've finished revising it, the chapter will be posted.

Edited by Stark

You know, it kind of sounds like that Skull Grinder is either Makuta or directly related to Makuta. 

And if that's true, I imagine s/he/they has quite the bone to pick with a possible descendant. 

Well, I do take some pride in how BZPGOT has expanded and built upon G2 canon.

• Upvote 3

You know, it kind of sounds like that Skull Grinder is either Makuta or directly related to Makuta.

And if that's true, I imagine s/he/they has quite the bone to pick with a possible descendant.

Maybe I shouldn't find out.

Having Kulta as a Cousin that would be awkward.

cfdfac53ead26f14e1fafd9fd6779b70.jpg

- :burnmad:

There is truly a meme for everything.

no-way-9yykt8.jpg

I'm sorry but you were truly asking for it :P

Awkward-Awkward-Indeed_o_102348.jpg Edited by ToaTimeLord II

I haven't, and I'd say I want to, but frankly I have a ton of other, less time-consuming things to do with my meager free time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It does seem like a good show though. Kind of wish I had gotten into it when it started out.

I know Nato watches the show too.

In the game of thrones, you win or you die. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Maybe I shouldn't find out.

Having Kulta as a Cousin that would be awkward.

Well, if Kulta is indeed Makuta, considering their apparent opinion on Mask Makers, I'm sure they'd feel just as awkward having a descendant with the blood of the Mask Makers. Especially if they wanted to be a Mask Maker. Or, they'd take a special interest in them, for better or for worse. 

Do exactly as they ask, I'd imagine.

Or disown them, I guess...

Well, I'm not entirely sure disowning the tall, murderous skeleton who wants to violently conquer the world with their own army of slightly smaller murderous skeletons would go down well...

(This just in: BZPGOT S2 Episode 4, TimeLord accidentally disowns Kulta, resulting in the death of half the players)

• Upvote 2

The Earth Region chapter is almost finished, and I'll be posting it later tonight; in the meantime, here's a small teaser of some stuff that I actually wrote for it :P

---

The Long Night

There are little to no records from the Long Night; nearly all of Okoto and its population were wiped out, with less than 2000 Okotoans still alive by the end. Despite this, certain facts can be deduced.

It is known that the Long Night lasted for 12 years, and at its end, the Okotoans as a whole began to refer to themselves as ‘Protectors’, intending to stop the Long Night from falling ever again. Both Makuta and Ekimu were lost as well, leaving the original line of Mask Makers extinguished. The Earth Region in particular suffered devastating losses, for as the forces of the Long Night rose from Makuta City, they also rose from the mysterious abyss in the Earth Region, which, without its leaders, was next to defenceless. Lady Korgot and Lord Etoku returned to their region to find it already in ruins and swarming with the forces of the Long Night; they managed to unite the survivors and retreated to the Fire Region, abandoning the Earth Region entirely. While some of the survivors stayed within Vakama City, others continued on to the Water Region, where they would take shelter with Ekimu.

• Upvote 2

(This just in: BZPGOT S2 Episode 4, TimeLord accidentally disowns Kulta, resulting in the death of half the players)

I hope not.

I think Stark would make me related to Makuta just to make Season 2 even more chaotic than it already is.

:P

EDIT: spelled Makuta wrong.

I hate Auto correct.

Edited by ToaTimeLord II

I hope not.

I think Stark would make me related to Makita just to make Season 2 even more chaotic than it already is.

:P

Season 2 doesn't need to be made more chaotic at all

I'm already considering a hunt for a co-host to help me keep track of everything

• Upvote 1

I would offer to help, were I not already, you know, a player. =P

Maybe Blade, if she doesn't want to join as a player this time around?

we shall see

teaser_-_earth.jpg

What is Dead May Never Die.

-

The Earth Region - after living in exile for 26 years, they returned under the guidance of the Skull Grinder, and took on new regional words, named for both their rebirth and the Skull Creatures that guided them in their exile.

But they have no idea.

-

NEXT UP: The final entry in the Lore & Histories...

teaser_-_legends.jpg

The Crafter.

The Soldier.

The Creator.

The Spider.

The Dreamer.

The Grinder.

Wisdom.

Power.

Courage.

Unity.

Duty.

Destiny.

Edited by Breath of the Wild
  • Upvote 1

Woohoo. We're on the home stretch now. 

Woohoo. We're on the home stretch now. 

Indeed, I'm getting pretty hyped

This next chapter was originally the one I was looking forward to least but then I had an epiphany for the origins of our favorite big baddie, and well...

... it all just blossomed out from there.

Good chapter, excellent work, Nato.

Hopefully without seeming impatient or anything, I really have to ask: When do you expect the last one will be finished? =P

well the length of time between new chapters written by me has varied between a week and two months, though a month is the average

if I don't burn out (which is extremely likely), two or three weeks?

After season 2 would you add the new information and lore to this topic?

Also could you make a an image like the white protector mask one but in dark green and have it say Ours is the Fury.

Edited by ToaTimeLord II

After season 2 would you add the new information and lore to this topic?

Also could you make a an image like the white protector mask one but in dark green and have it say Ours is the Fury.

1-I have no further plans for Lore & Histories after the next chapter. If people have ideas for what else could be added I might expand it, but I'm not going to plan for it. As for after Season 2, I doubt it, since anything new in Season 2 lore-related has been explained here already and I don't plan on adding much (if anything) more.

Histories of individual major houses would be a possibility, but that'd be a lot of effort. I'd probably leave that as an option for players to write down instead and then I'd add them here or something.

2-Do you mean like in a banner like the ones for each chapter?

I black ball. :P

what

• Upvote 1

-quoting for notification's sake-

Your habit of referring to Skull Grinder in the Earth chapter was amusing by the way, since I have decided that Kulta was female before becoming the Skull Grinder

(it's all in the origin story coming next chapter so you couldn't know, but it was still amusing for me)

('Black ball' is basically a fancy way of saying veto)

>_>

<_<

I knew that, hush you

Besides if I make one for TL I can probable make one for you too

Do you mean like in a banner like the ones for each chapter?

Yes exactly like a banner.

I want to change my signature to something more BZPGOT related.

It has to be close to lego dark green.

Because my protector MOC I made has a custom painted mask in Metru dark green.

Edited by ToaTimeLord II

Do you mean like in a banner like the ones for each chapter?

Yes exactly like a banner.

I want to change my signature to something more BZPGOT related.

It has to be close to lego dark green.

Because my protector MOC I made has a custom painted mask in Metru dark green.

I suppose I could.

Though I should note that the words of House Hinterland are "Growing Strong", so I'll double check if you want the banner to be for the Jungle Region as a whole or just for House Hinterland.