01_front.jpg

Gallery

These predatory Rahi dwell in deep caves, and keep hoards of the energy crystals so abundant there. This, alongside their excellent camouflage, makes mining such crystals a risky business - not only do you run the risk of incurring one's wrath if you steal from its collection, you also have to be exceeding careful the crystal you're mining isn't actually a sleeping Crystallovenator's tooth!

Building to the 'fluorescent' theme, I decided the Crystal King's head was a good piece to start with, and for some reason a dinosaur-like body seemed suitable. So you get a rock-crystal-dinosaur-thing. Let me know what you think!
  • Upvote 18

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Really liking the colourscheme and detailing, and that posing is just perfect. 

And, as an Australian, I'm particularly fond of the name.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I feel like the calves (middle part of the leg) are too skinny, and, conversely, the ankles (part just above the foot) are too thick, at least in proportion to the leg as a whole.

That's pretty much my only gripe though, I really love the design otherwise.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Man, I'm really loving this. Power Miners was always that thing that I really liked and wanted to get the sets, but never ended up doing so. I really like those little rock monster dudes, and this is (obviously) channeling that same feel. Awesome props.

I'm really digging the overall look, and while I usually chalk up simple color schemes as a negative, only using two works here (plus the red tongue). Speaking of the tongue, that is also a bonus. Also, how do you have so many of those little diamond pieces?  :D

However, based on the title, I kinda expected a crystalline version of the Venator space cruiser (illogical, I know, since that would be in system-based) and now I really want to see something like that.

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Thanks everyone! Good to have your approval and comments. Specific responses:

I feel like the calves (middle part of the leg) are too skinny, and, conversely, the ankles (part just above the foot) are too thick, at least in proportion to the leg as a whole.

That's pretty much my only gripe though, I really love the design otherwise.

Now that you mention it, yeah, that's probably right. I might try fixing that with some more customized limbs sometime. Glad you like the rest of it though!

Man, I'm really loving this. Power Miners was always that thing that I really liked and wanted to get the sets, but never ended up doing so. I really like those little rock monster dudes, and this is (obviously) channeling that same feel. Awesome props.

I'm really digging the overall look, and while I usually chalk up simple color schemes as a negative, only using two works here (plus the red tongue). Speaking of the tongue, that is also a bonus. Also, how do you have so many of those little diamond pieces?  :D

However, based on the title, I kinda expected a crystalline version of the Venator space cruiser (illogical, I know, since that would be in system-based) and now I really want to see something like that.

:kakama:

Yay, the tongue worked!  :P I was a little worried it would stand out too much. The diamond pieces were abundant in the Mars Mission sets. Sorry this wasn't a crystal space cruiser, that does sound pretty cool. Maybe we'll see something like that sometime?

I can picture a Tyrannosaurus Rex fighting this thing. How would one pronounce that name, exactly? Also, what makes up the tongue? I don't recognize that piece, and believe it might be something I might not have. And about possibly producing a gemship(crystal spaceship...I've always called crystals gems), I'm interested in seeing one. Good design, legs aren't really that bad, considering it seems to me that the calves would work for rolling into a ball to sleep.

Responses are noted and appreciated!

I can picture a Tyrannosaurus Rex fighting this thing. How would one pronounce that name, exactly? Also, what makes up the tongue? I don't recognize that piece, and believe it might be something I might not have. And about possibly producing a gemship(crystal spaceship...I've always called crystals gems), I'm interested in seeing one. Good design, legs aren't really that bad, considering it seems to me that the calves would work for rolling into a ball to sleep.

I would say pronounce the name however it sounds best to you. The tongue is nothing particularly exotic - a 1x2 brick with axle hole, and two cheese slopes. The calves do work nicely for rolling up to sleep, I should have thought to take a picture. Glad you like it!

Love the build! Haven't seen a rock monster in a while and great design on the forearms. 

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell