The LEGO Shared Universe

aldero

I'm going to cut to the chase here. I don't know if this is necessarily universal and well-known knowledge in the community, but quite a few of the old discontinued themes connect to each other in some fairly interesting ways that might require your attention.

So, Ninjago (arguably) connects to Ultra Agents through the continued presence of a 1x1 printed microchip piece in Ninjago sets that was most notably part of AntiMatter's staff, Ultra Agents connects to the Agents (2008-09) line through the presence of the classic Agents suit in an Ultra Agents comic, Agents connects to Racers and freaking City through their shared presence in an online flash game hosted back in the day (you know what I'm referring to, right?), and Clutch Powers connects to both Ninjago and Agents through the mention of Clutch Powers himself when Cole talks about a Fang Blade and Agent Chase's getaway car being used by good ol' Clutch Powers.

But wait, there's more! Clutch Powers is the key here.

Clutch Powers directly connects to the Fantasy Era Castle, Mars Mission, Space Police III and Power Miners themes in his film. Furthermore, Power Miners connects to Atlantis through the presence of one Dr. Brains in both themes, Atlantis loosely connects to Aqua Raiders, but more importantly, to Pharaoh's Quest, Alien Conquest and Dino through this one comic in a November-December 2011 issue of LEGO Club that strings them all together. Here's a link. http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_Conquest

Here's something that will probably attract your attention; Johnny Thunder is canon is all of this! This connection mainly traces back to Dino and the throwaway character of Josh Thunder, who is stated to be a descendant of Johnny Thunder in the 2012 edition of the LEGO Book.

There's also a correlation between Knights Kingdom II and Alpha Team through the villain of Ogel, who is stated to be a descendant of Lord Vladek himself. Unfortunately, there's no other connection to any other line in this little universe we've established.

Another thing! Galaxy Squad and Ultra Agents are in the same continuity as Solomon Blaze is a prominent character in both themes. If we are to take Galaxy Squad's clear inspiration from Starship Troopers to heart, I think we know why Solomon has a missing leg by the time Ultra Agents rolls around.

Yet another thing! Legends of Chima connects to all of this as Chima is shown to be one of the sixteen realms during Ninjago: Possession.

Aside from that, there really isn't that much else that comes to mind. I just wanted to bring this forth.

• Upvote 1

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

A lot of people bring this up every now and again, but while there are connections and crossovers between themes, I'm skeptical of the idea of any single canon shared universe simply because many of those crossovers are mutually exclusive. Clutch Powers has very different rules to its crossover than The Lego Movie, or Lego Dimensions, or Lego Universe, or other Lego crossovers like those in magazine comics. Attempting to create a unified "multiverse" that links the canons of all those stories is to fall into the same trap as the "Tommy Westphall Universe Hypothesis", where any crossover is considered to canonically link multiple independent series even if that would lead to huge contradictions between those stories.

In regard to Ninjago, its connection to Ultra Agents is in the form of cameos and should not be considered a connection between the canon stories of those themes. Ultra Agents minifigure characters appeared in the Ninjago TV series, but under different names and with different backstories. The use of a shared microchip piece in sets (especially one that generic) is an even more tenuous connection—by that logic, Lightning Lad from the DC Super Heroes theme shares AntiMatter's powers since he uses the same "portal" piece from AntiMatter's staff to represent his lightning powers. Its connection to Clutch Powers is similar—Clutch's name was mentioned as a one-off gag but should not be considered "proof" that all of the various themes in Clutch Powers coexist with Ninjago. The main crossover in Ninjago that I WOULD consider canon is the one with Chima, which was directly visited using the Realm Crystal and as such can be considered to be a part of the Ninjago series' specific multiverse.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother