do you like or hate hero factory?

hello, I think that hero factory was a BIG mistake and it really was like a knockoff of lego bionicle .

what do you think?

S    Q       U    I       D     M     A     S     T     E    R

check out my imgur gallery for bionicle photography: https://mahatparthiban.imgur.com/all/

I guess I do like Hero Factory, but only for the sets. They were by no means fantastic, but they certainly held me over until 2015.

I don't think of Hero Factory as a mistake or knockoff, but it was a step down from Bionicle in my opinion. Hero Factory had its fair share of mistakes, but it could have been way worse. If we didn't have it, that could be about 4-5 years without constraction and cool pieces! As much as Hero Factory dropped the ball, MOCists can't deny the usefulness of the CCBS that HF brought. Despite its flaws, Hero Factory definitely did have its benefits.

• Upvote 2

mindeth the cobwebs

I guess I do like Hero Factory, but only for the sets. They were by no means fantastic, but they certainly held me over until 2015.

I don't think of Hero Factory as a mistake or knockoff, but it was a step down from Bionicle in my opinion. Hero Factory had its fair share of mistakes, but it could have been way worse. If we didn't have it, that could be about 4-5 years without constraction and cool pieces! As much as Hero Factory dropped the ball, MOCists can't deny the usefulness of the CCBS that HF brought. Despite its flaws, Hero Factory definitely did have its benefits.

good point

S    Q       U    I       D     M     A     S     T     E    R

check out my imgur gallery for bionicle photography: https://mahatparthiban.imgur.com/all/

lack of money meant i missed most of the sets myself but i did keep up with the, uh, story(?)

kind of lackluster there to be honest and it really got worse as time ticked on, set quality only went up really though so it was okay as a LEGO theme, which are usually not known for having stellar stories as is.

I also did weird stuff with it despite not being super into it, i guess? 0:

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Hero factory was really interesting. Especially in the beginning, I was still unsure of what to feel about Bionicle ending, but I looked towards Hero factory when Von Nebula caught my eye, he was a complete Bionicle and I had full faith in the Lego group that but bionicle would never truly end. That certainly was the case, was it not?

I honestly said once in 2014 that i dint like HF and that it was dumb but when i think about it i really liked HF and it filled that gap of Bionicle nicely for me as i used to buy a lot of the sets and villains i even used Hero Recon so to sum it up i like Hero Factory it had flaws but even Bionicle had flaws also.

I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the Matoran Universe

Whaa Factory....? *Looks into it*

OH YEAH, THAT. Yeah, when it was around I liked it. Of course the story was extremely Lack-Luster, but set wise it was pretty alright.

• Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I really only liked the first wave and Savage Planet. I liked the first wave because the constraction felt liked like Bionicle and I liked Savage Planet because it reminded me of Bionicle. I may not have a been a big fan of Hero Factory, but I most surely did not hate it. I understood that it was mostly just a test to see if constraction was still viable, and when it proved viable, they tried Bionicle again with polarizing results. It was all right, but it wasn't Bionicle.

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

I didn't like it, I didn't hate it. I suppose you could say I "hated" it in the sense of it essentially replaced Bionicle and, at least in my eyes, didn't compare in the least, but I don't think that really counts as hating HF itself.

I just didn't really care. It didn't affect me in any way, aside from introducing some new pieces, which were cool.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

I was open to it when it came out, as I simply saw it as a new incarnation of constraction. I'm a Transformers fan, and this kind of stuff happens all the time in that franchise. It's probably why I was so willing to accept G2. Besides, Hero Factory gave us piloted mecha. That was all I needed.

Did you go to the 2002 'The Power Lies Beneath' tour?

If yes, PM me. I'm looking for something that was only distributed during that tour.

I liked it when it first came out. Bionicle had been present as far as I can remember so it was nice to see something different. But my opinion towards it has declined over the years. Whilst sets such as witch doctor did show that the theme could do something it was too bogged down by the cheaper sets which have not aged well at all. The 2.0 sets look terrible now and they were out only five years ago. In all honesty the only thing that really held the theme together was the time it was released. They had a whole new building system so the sets were kinda interesting at the time. But G2 just blew nearly 5 years worth of sets out the water. So these days I don't really care that much for HF. Or even miss it for that matter. 

It's time to move on.

Honestly, my answers vary a bit when it comes to each particular aspect.

Sets: Yes. Each line came with at least six Heroes and six Villains (four if they were XLs), and, aside from the odd sets that were lacking armor shells (mostly concentrated between Ordeal of Fire and Breakout), they were pretty decent in design quality overall. B+.

Concept: Yes. Robotic Heroes cruising around the galaxy, fighting off Villains. Enough said. A+.

Wave Themes: Sure. Pretty much liked them all, with the exceptions being Savage Planet and Invasion From Below, soley because the addition of animal powers and mech suits felt slightly tacked on and unnecessary. If I wanted to see Power Rangers or Gundam, I'd go watch Power Rangers or Gundam, especially since both shows have been doing it much longer, and devote much more time into their respective genres. Solid B.

Pieces and Parts: Of course. While I will admit that I was a bit iffy about CCBS when I purchased my first sets (ironically from Breakout), and I honestly had no idea how to incorporate the system into my MoCs when first exposed to it, it's something I practically rely on now, if not for just the better overall quality. A+.

Storyline, Plot, and other Media: Not particularly. Granted, this section's entirely based on the TV series, and not the books, as putting a grade on them as well without having read them first wouldn't be a fair assessment. Three of the major Villain's backstories were directly and pretty blandly tied to one character (I'm looking at you, Stormer), the pointless cliffhangers from the last two arcs were completely unnecessary, which makes matters worse since the series had the audacity to use one of them for an ending, and everything just felt way too random for my liking. We were given practically no reason for why the majority of the Villains do what they do besides simply chalking them up to generic, mindless thugs (which wouldn't have necessarily been a bad thing for some of them if the concept wasn't as overused as it was), and none of the arcs even remotely tied in with each other, which could've gone a long way instead of simply introducing some new upgrades/Villains/setting and basically repeating what happened the previous year. The two saving graces of the show itself for me were the animation and the voice acting, even though the latter was hampered by relatively abysmal dialog at times. And don't even get me started about Hero Factory FM: I listened to the first two episodes, and I was still suffering from the migrane they gave me the next day. Thankfully, however, I can mostly ignore this while building. D-.

Overall, I'd give the line a C+ on average. From a set perspective, I feel that it was worthy enough to justify the purchase of its associated products (especially during the lull between Bionicle G1 and G2), but everything else that wasn't made out of plastic or rubber left much to be desired, which is why it scored so low for me.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Wait what's Hero Factory...

(one Google Search later)

Oh that's Hero Factory.

I have words that would get me band from BZPower for that LEGO theme.

It felt like a slap in the face for Bionicle fans.

I bought the first line then the system changed and I just gave up on it. I like CCBS some of my best MOCs are mostly CCBS. I feel Hero Factory just rebuilding the the same stuff over and over.

Bionicle G2 showed us the best CCBS can offer us.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

I guess I like it. The good it gave us (CCBS, as well as generally good sets) was worth tolerating the bad (the storyline). I doubt any kid would develop the nostalgia BIONICLE gave us, purely because the story didn't establish that kind of connection with the viewer/reader. Not bad on its own merits, but severely lacking compared to BIONICLE or other LEGO themes (Exo-Force, Elves, etc.).

To all of the people involved in the argument about whether or not LEGO "put effort" into G2, look to Hero Factory for an example of a line LEGO didn't put any effort into.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!