Bionicle Regret

Tuuli

Hello all of the Bzpower community. After recent events, I think it's time that I've come out and apologize about my behavior towards the community and Bionicle itself. I've shared much negativity and distaste for G2 Bionicle, even to the point where can I became a bully, and then out of no where my words rang true and bionicle ended. It was never my intention to *want* Bionicle to end, for when the day came off the announcement I was confused, in shock and heartbroken over the ending. It made me wish I had treated everyone and bionicle with more respect. It's true, you don't know what you got until it's gone.

Therefore, to all of Bzpower, I am sorry for the trouble I've caused. You won't see me do it again, I want to help preserve the spirit of Lego Bionicle now more than ever.

I have no doubt in my mind bionicle will make a comeback again some day, though I wish we had gotten to experience more of the story on Okoto. They took away our elemental pie before we could even finish the second bite. Is there anything at all you regret about G2?

Edited by Tuuli
  • Upvote 17

To be honest, I kinda loved your sardonic and somewhat dismissive attitude. Any further development of community interaction and individual personalities is absolutely beneficial to the longevity of this fandom. I mean, you're already writing all of your posts in Comic Sans. I'm not exactly taking your posts to heart.

Not that I'm completely dismissing your posts, though, quite the opposite. Although this might not have been the intention, I saw a lot of your posts as conduits for cliched complaints for the line and all the negativity towards the line expressed through some tasty ironic humour. True, I might be shrugging off your individuality here, but the persona that you've projected thus far is just so memorable. It's an absolute joy to see you around on the forums.

• Upvote 2

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

You know, I'm not really sure that I have any particular regrets this time around. I haven't finished JtO yet (I mean, cat's out of the bag), but I've kept pretty well on top of the sets/collectibles/books/etc. Feel like I've gotten a worthwhile amount of satisfaction from the time I've put in. :) Just wish they weren't done.

• Upvote 1

Makuta: Consumed By LightRebrick EntryTopic & BackstoryBlog
-----------------
2015 Sets: 18/18 + 3 • Polybags: 1/2 • SDCC x2, NYCC Clear MoF, Trans-MoF
2016 Sets: 17/17 + 6

Shining example, mate.

I regret not being able to get more of the G2 sets. Sure, it wouldn't have made a difference in TLG's decision, but I'd feel more like I really contributed, plus I'd have more of the sets, which is a bonus in and of itself. Even so, I'm thankful for those sets that I did manage to acquire!

:kakama:

• Upvote 2

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Feels strange to be expressing regret about something that only started last year, but I do wish I'd kept up with the new line and enjoyed it whilst it lasted. It's just that with all those animations at the start and the villains going from skull spiders to skull slicers within months and the Mask of Creation and all the Vahi cameos...it all happened so quickly, perhaps too quickly.

• Upvote 2

Over already.

G2, I never truly knew ye, but your loss strikes deep still. :(

Wait, did we get a proper resolution/ending to G2?

The last episode of Journey to One is the ending of Bionicle. The final wave of sets are currently out for sale, though appearing very rarely now.

Thank you to everyone for your support! I will not let you down.

• Upvote 1

Wait, did we get a proper resolution/ending to G2?

More or less. We know they had to accelerate things, so it's quick, but it's solid and you could tell they cared about not leaving things hanging.

• Upvote 2

Makuta: Consumed By LightRebrick EntryTopic & BackstoryBlog
-----------------
2015 Sets: 18/18 + 3 • Polybags: 1/2 • SDCC x2, NYCC Clear MoF, Trans-MoF
2016 Sets: 17/17 + 6

You never offende me on any particular way, Tuuli, so there is nothing to forgive.

I would regret not keeing up with the sets, but since summer 2015 Lego didn't gave me a way to do so by not bringing the sets to my country.

What I do regret is not putting enough time on my fanfic. G2 already ended and in my story all of the Toa haven't met each other yet.

• Upvote 2

Hello all of the Bzpower community. After recent events, I think it's time that I've come out and apologize about my behavior towards the community and Bionicle itself. I've shared much negativity and distaste for G2 Bionicle, even to the point where can I became a bully, and then out of no where my words rang true and bionicle ended. It was never my intention to *want* Bionicle to end, for when the day came off the announcement I was confused, in shock and heartbroken over the ending. It made me wish I had treated everyone and bionicle with more respect. It's true, you don't know what you got until it's gone.

Therefore, to all of Bzpower, I am sorry for the trouble I've caused. You won't see me do it again, I want to help preserve the spirit of Lego Bionicle now more than ever.

I have no doubt in my mind bionicle will make a comeback again some day, though I wish we had gotten to experience more of the story on Okoto. They took away our elemental pie before we could even finish the second bite. Is there anything at all you regret about G2?

There is no need to apologize, you did nothing wrong. I always respected you but after reading this post I respect you even far more. It takes courage to say something like this and for that you have my deepest respect  :)

You never were offensive and as long as somebody doesn't get offensive, every opinion should be allowed - otherwise BZP would look like Turkey. Some were annoyed by your posts, some liked them. Out of those that liked them some considered you a classic entertainer, while others agreed with you. But you have only said what you felt was true at that time, so there really is nothing to forgive you. Again I will say that this post of yours has vastly increased my respect for you and I hope that you will be with us on this forum for the years to come, because after the official cancellation of Bionicle only fan Biomnicle remains, so it is now exclusively on our shoulders to make sure that Bionicle doesn't die. I hope we all can work on this together and enjoy the franchise that became such a staple of our livestyles  :)

IhDIrLK.jpg