A contest I Found On Shapeways: 3D Printed Masks

Rimn

Hi, I am the one who created the contest, the designer of the model gets it for their own uses. That way they can get discounts if they buy it themselves and they can also sign up for a student discount on shapeways that’s 15% of models you print yourself.

Also the average shapeways community cost to make a model is $25 per hour, and a model takes 8 hours to complete or even weeks.

Edited by tourmalinex

I was hoping a lot more people would be interested in the contest.So far only one person has submitted a mask.

I am interested, I just have to find the time to put the design to paper.

Many people just don't now about your contest, if this topic wouldn't have been made, I know I wouldn't.  So we just need to spread the word; adding a link in your signature might be a good idea.

Edited by Rakrondewl

I was hoping a lot more people would be interested in the contest.So far only one person has submitted a mask.

I am interested, I just have to find the time to put the design to paper.

Many people just don't now about your contest, if this topic wouldn't have been made, I know I wouldn't.  So we just need to spread the word; adding a link in your signature might be a good idea.

same, and you need to be clearer about the rules/terms&conditions/etc. What you explained to bfahome wasn't clear at all in the contest page which is also a particularly unconventional way to host the contest as well.

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

So I add this to the rules/terms&conditions "The winner of the contest will receive their own personal 3d model files of the mask that they submitted, these files will not be 3d printed and will not be sold on shapeways or any other site they belong to the person or persons who designed the mask." and added a link in my sig. Are their another things I should do?

So I add this to the rules/terms&conditions "The winner of the contest will receive their own personal 3d model files of the mask that they submitted, these files will not be 3d printed and will not be sold on shapeways or any other site they belong to the person or persons who designed the mask." and added a link in my sig. Are their another things I should do?

I have no problem with you selling a mask of my design, but that's just me.  I don't really have a way to print the mask if I had the files, so that would make it rather pointless.  I suggest you make options for the winner to choose from.  Maybe they just want the files and don't want you selling their designs.  On the other hand, some my not mind you selling the design and would gladly take some sort of discount.  You can think it over and decide what works for you. 

You should also open your own topic about the contest in general art, as this is where most of the people who would be interested lurk.

-RAKRONDEWL 

Edited by Rakrondewl