What was you're reaction to HF 2.0

Tahu3.0

I wanted to make this topic because of the lack of topics here and the posts I might get with this topic cause honestly 2.0 came out when i was 10 and I really was not even aware of the change from the Bionicle system to the CCBS system even if they where super obvious so what we're you're reactions.

tZa6I5y.jpg?1

I loved the change because it meant that there was an upgrade to the stagnant constraction system that we had had, in some form, since before Bionicle began.  The building community has proved the worthwhile addition of CCBS to the LEGO pantheon.

• Upvote 2

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

"Huh, cool. A new building system." *looks at ball sockets* "OKAY, THIS IS THE BEST!!!"

Then everybody hated on it when just the idea of it being introduced with BIONICLE was brought up not to long after......

• Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

The new building system was what actually got me into buying the sets again (I hadn't bought any sets from the first wave of Hero Factory). Between the assurance that I would no longer have to deal with joints cracking and the sense of visual unity and functional versatility the building system offered, I was extremely excited to try it out. I started out buying just a couple sets but was quickly hooked.

One thing I was particularly struck by was how much the 2.0 Hero Factory sets reminded me of the Toa Mata. They were more or less the same height and width, but with much greater articulation. They had bright, systematic color schemes and an affordable price. They also did some creative things with weapons — instead of single-piece weapons, most had creative weapons custom-built from an assortment of shared pieces.

Of course, they weren't flawless. They lacked any kind of armor to fill out their backs, which was easy enough to fix in MOCs but still a mark against them as sets. Their helmets, while more customizable than typical one-piece masks, still felt somewhat generic.

Story-wise, while I hadn't been too attached to the Hero Factory story prior to getting into the sets, I had followed it in some capacity (it helped that it was fairly simple), and I liked the idea of introducing a way for heroes to be upgraded routinely without relying on some kind of random mutation or deus ex machina. While the idea of a full hero upgrade was treated as revolutionary (because at that point in the story, we'd only previously seen minor refittings), it was still a good way to establish a means for hero redesigns to fit into the story without a whole lot of explanation. They were more like costume changes than magical transformations, and I was glad that Bionicle G2 also took more of that same approach instead of making character upgrades feel like such a weird and unnerving experience.

Overall, my opinion was very positive!

• Upvote 3