28659521740_879e6d829a_n.jpg
Flickr

The unquestioned leader of the Quntaino, the strange beings birthed from the keystone eggs on Terra Nui, Argentaros is brilliant and ambitious. He desires the Kanohi Zlinj, Mask of Nature, above all else and is willing to go to any length to achieve it. As the alpha Quntaino, he possesses a peculiar extra sense that always points him in the general direction of the Zlinj. Argentaros has mammalian characteristics such as thick fur, a fanged muzzle, long claws, and powerful muscles; however, his burning crystalline eyes are a mystery, and a terror, to behold. He carries a living whiplash as a weapon.

A drastic revamp of a way old (and bad) MOC, viewable here. Argentaros features in some stories of mine, which you can find here.

Also kind of counts as a MOC for my tenth anniversary on BZPower, since although there was some schedule slippage I was planning this remake (reMOC?) for a while.
  • Upvote 5

Quite an impressive work-it's hard to believe that head is made out of Bionicle pieces.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

I remember liking the original build way back when, but you're right, the neckless gig wasn't really working out for him, and he looks a lot better now. Loving the new head and legs, and the new color scheme is definitely bolder, keeps him from looking as flat.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Man that is quite an updade, I do like how vicious he looks and the change in colour you gave him. Good job!

Thanks! I originally tried out the white fur pieces because I had fewer of the bley ones than I had initially thought, but I think it ended up working out really well with the white mane effect.

Quite an impressive work-it's hard to believe that head is made out of Bionicle pieces.

Thank you very much! I think a MOC's pretty successful if people can doubt parts of it are Lego, so I consider that quite the compliment.

I remember liking the original build way back when, but you're right, the neckless gig wasn't really working out for him, and he looks a lot better now. Loving the new head and legs, and the new color scheme is definitely bolder, keeps him from looking as flat.

Well, this version doesn't have a tremendous amount of neck either, but it is better than the previous one in that regard especially. I just cringe looking at that old photo these days. Good thing I've improved since then!

So...this is the creature buried next to where it was born...impressive. I would have suggested making a custom had to produce visorak-style eye, with an LED brick, but this works out better than my idea!!! Congrats; you outdid my Deviil'torenz'zush dragon Rahi, sadly ripped apart when I was younger by the pet dog, which hates lizards and thought it was one. I never imagined to find all the pieces of its head...or torso...or located the missing wing in the yard...I now realize suddenly just how many pieces went missing that day. Still, good moc! It fits the character QUITE nicely! Which brings me to a question...how the trip can they talk in Matoran?!?!

• 3 weeks later...

So...this is the creature buried next to where it was born...impressive. I would have suggested making a custom had to produce visorak-style eye, with an LED brick, but this works out better than my idea!!! Congrats; you outdid my Deviil'torenz'zush dragon Rahi, sadly ripped apart when I was younger by the pet dog, which hates lizards and thought it was one. I never imagined to find all the pieces of its head...or torso...or located the missing wing in the yard...I now realize suddenly just how many pieces went missing that day. Still, good moc! It fits the character QUITE nicely! Which brings me to a question...how the trip can they talk in Matoran?!?!

Thanks for the comment! It's good to see someone stop by who's familiar with the stories Argentaros is from, and I'm further glad you think it fits the character.

How can they talk in Matoran, you ask? I don't think it's too much of a stretch to believe they'd have that ability (something about the ability to move their jaws a lot, maybe); given the details of the Quntaino life cycle as a whole, it's far from the strangest thing about them.