Who Won the HF Breakout LEGO Club Contest?

Rakrondewl

Hey guys I was just wondering, does anyone know who won the HF Breakout building contest?  I was lucky enough to get one of the five winning places and was told my model would be shown with the other winners in the next club issue.  Well, they never did and I still haven't seen the other winning models to this day.  Anyone know who else one or have pictures of the models?

• Upvote 2

TBH I never knew HF ever had a single contest. I am curious though... Man, I wish BZP had a shout out function to aid help on the matter of a certain topic if the topic creator allowed it. I mean there is the Report button, but in all honesty I hesitate to use it.

As for this topic I really wish I had some amount of info to even a small degree, but I feel like even searching it at all would be fruitless, like that of my 'palsy, that sort of feeling of being hopeless in finding a solution or answer. And since HF01 is down, and seems to be so forever onwards it seem entirely fruitless. But I'll try to look it up.i'll update this post with the info I found of any.

• Upvote 2

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

TBH I never knew HF ever had a single contest. I am curious though... Man, I wish BZP had a shout out function to aid help on the matter of a certain topic if the topic creator allowed it. I mean there is the Report button, but in all honesty I hesitate to use it.

As for this topic I really wish I had some amount of info to even a small degree, but I feel like even searching it at all would be fruitless, like that of my 'palsy, that sort of feeling of being hopeless in finding a solution or answer. And since HF01 is down, and seems to be so forever onwards it seem entirely fruitless. But I'll try to look it up.i'll update this post with the info I found of any.

I believe they had a few contests through LEGO Club Magazine, but this is the only HF one I ever entered.

I have searched online several times but never found anything.  I know you could request the results if you sent them a letter, I never did but I thought maybe someone else might of.  I wounder if Greg F. would remember?  He is the one who wrote the letter I received that revealed I had won and possibly one of the judges.  I doubt he does though, it's just been to long.

Thank you for the effort, I really appreciate it.

I believe they had a few contests through LEGO Club Magazine, but this is the only HF one I ever entered.

I have searched online several times but never found anything.  I know you could request the results if you sent them a letter, I never did but I thought maybe someone else might of.  I wounder if Greg F. would remember?  He is the one who wrote the letter I received that revealed I had won and possibly one of the judges.  I doubt he does though, it's just been to long.

I looked it up, and could not for the life of me find anything of the contest. I found the Savage Planet contest video, but that's literally all of if anthing related to any HF contest I was able to find. I'm sure it was in some LEGO Club magazine somewhere, but I have been unable to find it. Google was really no help at all, and personally I don't remeber any of the contests for HF past Savage Planet, and personally I didn't know of any more after that point.

Hmm... I don't know who on the site who would be able to help you with this besides SPIRIT perhaps. But unfortunately him like many of the past staff are now retired for whatever reason. Only one of which I know as to why. So with that I doubt he'll see your question. But you may want to ask him since he could be of some help perhaps.

pure_muscle.png

I looked it up, and could not for the life of me find anything of the contest. I found the Savage Planet contest video, but that's literally all of if anthing related to any HF contest I was able to find. I'm sure it was in some LEGO Club magazine somewhere, but I have been unable to find it. Google was really no help at all, and personally I don't remeber any of the contests for HF past Savage Planet, and personally I didn't know of any more after that point.

Hmm... I don't know who on the site who would be able to help you with this besides SPIRIT perhaps. But unfortunately him like many of the past staff are now retired for whatever reason. Only one of which I know as to why. So with that I doubt he'll see your question. But you may want to ask him since he could be of some help perhaps.

I also went searching again and only found a topic on the LEGO community from 2013 asking the same question.  However, I think the contest was in the May-June 2012 issue but I am unable to confirm because all my instructions, catalogs, and magazines are still in a box in the garage from moving.  I looked up the magazine and there isn't anything useful about it on the internet.

If I see him on I may send him a quick message.

Thanks again.

There was a Breakout Building Contest?

Yes there was, but it may not have been named that, I am not sure.  The contest was to build a hero to help stop Black Phantom or build a villain guy to help him take over the Hero Factory.

Edited by Rakrondewl
  • Upvote 2

Yes there was, but it may not have been named that, I am not sure. The contest was to build a hero to help stop the villain (whose name escapes me at the moment) or build a bad guy to help the villain take over the Hero Factory.

Black Phantom was the Villain's name.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

Yes there was, but it may not have been named that, I am not sure. The contest was to build a hero to help stop the villain (whose name escapes me at the moment) or build a bad guy to help the villain take over the Hero Factory.

Black Phantom was the Villain's name.

Oh yeah, I wounder why I couldn't remember that and can remember Bionicle names...Anyway, thanks I appreciate it.

Edited by Rakrondewl

I only faintly remember something around the lines of this. Faintly. By that, I mean hardly at all. It almost sounds like they bailed out on the contest idea close to the last minute. Unfortunately I never paid attention to the HF contests so I mostly skimmed through them.

I've never thrown away a single Lego Club magazine... however, those that I own have all gone to the scattered corners of my garage, so I can't even begin to say where I might be able to find anything. I found a magazine advertising the Hordika just a few days ago in my garage, but that was by accident. So seeing as I barely even remember such a contest nor do I think I can find much information about it, I may not be of much help to you.

• Upvote 1

I only faintly remember something around the lines of this. Faintly. By that, I mean hardly at all. It almost sounds like they bailed out on the contest idea close to the last minute. Unfortunately I never paid attention to the HF contests so I mostly skimmed through them.

I've never thrown away a single Lego Club magazine... however, those that I own have all gone to the scattered corners of my garage, so I can't even begin to say where I might be able to find anything. I found a magazine advertising the Hordika just a few days ago in my garage, but that was by accident. So seeing as I barely even remember such a contest nor do I think I can find much information about it, I may not be of much help to you.

I don't think there was a big headline to advertise the contest, so if you knew about it, I understand why it would hard to remember.  They went through with the contest but never showed the winners.  I personally believe that they had so much for the issue it would have been in, they just decided to leave it out (plus they had to show the results for the Avengers contest, priorities).

I think I also still have all the issues I received and like you, they are currently unattainable in the garage.  I really appreciate you taking the time to think about it and recall anything, thank you. 

Do you remember what issue is? I was looking at some old ones the other day.

I believe it was the May-June 2012 issue with the Avengers on the cover.

I can't find anything on it. I tried looking the other day when I first saw this topic, but I couldn't find anything. Must have been one of those really small, minor contests, otherwise someone would have mentioned it. I do remember some magazines in the past having a section for "featured creations," so it's possible that they did a themed one where any handful of MOCs relating to the Breakout theme were featured, but I could be wrong.

As has been said before, Google is of no help. Not sure what to tell ya.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I can't find anything on it. I tried looking the other day when I first saw this topic, but I couldn't find anything. Must have been one of those really small, minor contests, otherwise someone would have mentioned it. I do remember some magazines in the past having a section for "featured creations," so it's possible that they did a themed one where any handful of MOCs relating to the Breakout theme were featured, but I could be wrong.

As has been said before, Google is of no help. Not sure what to tell ya.

LEGO Club Magazine would have a contest in just about every other issue but I have no idea how many people actually participated in them.  

This is an example of how the winners would have been shown in the magazine.

14302392204_SPLASH.jpg

The search to find an example was very difficult, this makes me wounder if info on these kind of contests are just not on the internet. :huh:

Thank you for taking time to look, I really appreciate it.