BIONICLE MAFIA XXXII: Zone of Darkness

Trijhak

vd9WhaX.png

In the Zone of Darkness, light fades away.

In the Zone of Darkness, shadows fester.

In the Zone of Darkness, the Zivon prowls.

In the Zone of Darkness, death consumes all.

Once, we thought the Zone of Darkness could not harm us. It was in an entirely different dimension - how could it? We knew it to be a place devoid of any light. We knew it was the home of the Zivon. We knew that it was of interest to forces hostile to us. We knew that we feared it. We knew that we would have no hope of surviving it. We did not know it would start interfering with our own world. We did not know that it would change us for the short-term. We assumed so much about it, and we know so little. We don't know why it's doing this, what purpose this serves, or even how it's doing this. We are terrified. We will most likely die. We will try to survive.

TWIST
The Zone of Darkness is bleeding through into our world, the Zone of Darkness. Every round, it abducts five people, chosen at random. This is a curse, for one of those five is who the Zivon chooses to consume. But it's not all terrifying - when we are going to die, it brings out the best (and worst) in us. When we're in the Zone of Darkness - the Dark Hunters, who have been contracted to kill us, cannot harm us - even if one or two of them are in it with us. They do not wish the bring the anger of the Zivon down upon themselves, like true cowards. Fortunately and unfortunately, our voices carry more weight when in the Zone of Darkness.

(Every round, five people are randomly chosen to be taken into the Zone of Darkness. The Zone of Darkness brings out the best and worst of us, so depending on your roles, you will gain something. Matoran, for example, will have their votes count for twice as much, but this also applies to ordinary Dark Hunters. In addition, the Dark Hunters cannot kill those in the Zone of Darkness - though the Zivon can.)

ROLES
VILLAGE
The Village's goal is to survive all those that would kill them - the Mafia, the Zivon, and the two neutral Secret Roles.

• x14 Matoran - These Matoran are those who inhabit the villages of the Northern Continent. Other than voting for people to lynch, they have no special powers. In the Zone of Darkness, their votes count for double.
  • x1 Brutaka - Brutaka, being the only being with an Olmak, can choose to take someone out of the Zone of Darkness each round, and in doing so learns their role. When in the Zone of Darkness, Brutaka can choose two people to take into the Zone of Darkness with them, and learns both of their roles, or to reveal one person they've already investigated to all players.
  • x1 [sECRET ROLE]

DARK HUNTERS
The Dark Hunters' goal is to kill everyone that isn't them. 

• x3 Dark Hunters - These Dark Hunters want to kill every Matoran, and anyone else that gets in their way, which is pretty much everyone that isn't them. Someone's contracted them to wipe out everyone. In the Zone of Darkness, their voices also count for twice as much.
  • x1 Ancient - Ancient will take over the Dark Hunters if the Shadowed One is killed. If they are lynched, the third person to vote for them will be killed alongside them. In the Zone of Darkness, Ancient can also investigate someone to learn their role for the Mafia.
  • x1 The Shadowed One - The Shadowed One leads the Dark Hunters. If they die, someone of their choice dies too. In the Zone of Darkness, their vote counts for twice as much in addition to being able to nullify someone else's vote, and if they are killed while in it, two people of their choice will die.

NEUTRAL/HOSTILE TO ALL
Neutral goals differ depending on the role. The goal of the Disturbed Matoran is to survive to the end with nobody else alive, as is the Zivon's.

• x1 Disturbed Matoran - The Disturbed Matoran is like any other Matoran. Except, when they are in the Zone of Darkness, they will choose someone to kill, instead of having their vote count for twice as much.
  • x1 Zivon - The Zivon will choose to kill one person in the Zone of Darkness each round. Naturally, as they already inhabit the Zone of Darkness permanently, they cannot be chosen to be taken into it. In addition, the Zivon can only be killed by someone in the Zone of Darkness. 
  • x1 [sECRET ROLE]
  • x1 [sECRET ROLE]

RULES AND INFORMATION

• Days and Nights both last 24 hours. On days, players will vote on who to lynch, during the nights roles will take their actions. 
  • No screenshots.
  • If you betray your faction, the Zivon will consume you. Do not betray your faction.
  • The dead will not rise out of their graves to give people information. This does not mean they cannot chatter, but it does mean they cannot influence the game.
  • All BZP rules apply.
  • Vote switches are not allowed. If you do, the Zivon will consume you.

PLAYER LIST

1. Valendale Matoran, lynched Day 2
2. xccj Matoran, killed by Makuta Night 3
3. Underscore
4. Voxumo
5. FF
6. Manducus Matoran, killed by Dark Hunters Night 3
7. Dragon.star
8. Rahkshi Guurahk Matoran, lynched Day 1
9. Ghidora Matoran, killed by Dark Hunters Night 2
10. jed1ndy
11. ToaTimeLord Zivon, lynched Day 1
13. Blade Toa of Shadow, killed by Dark Hunters Night 1
13.1. Unit
15. Ehksidian
16. ToaD
17. Nato Matoran, Consumed by Zivon Night 1
18. Jag18
19. Toa Smoke Monster Matoran/Toa of Light, lynched Day 1
20. Young Wade
24. Auktam Aroluk Brutaka, lynched Day 2
25. Burnmad

Edited by Trijhak
  • Upvote 6

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Spot 17, please. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

A - it hasn't been 48 hours yet.

B - it's probably best to leave it to the person who's actually running this game to say when time's up. 

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Nato's right. However, I doubt we're going to get any more people in four hours when we didn't get any in forty, so I'm going to go ahead and start sending out the roles, the game's stalled long enough.

I swear, if I get one person saying "hey can i sign up" now...

• Upvote 2

Nato's right. However, I doubt we're going to get any more people in four hours when we didn't get any in forty, so I'm going to go ahead and start sending out the roles, the game's stalled long enough.

I swear, if I get one person saying "hey can i sign up" now...

hey can i sign up

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

DAY 0

It's not every day you see five people just suddenly disappear into another dimension entirely. They were there one minute, and gone the next, according to those who saw it. But that's the thing - they're not gone, they can seemingly still interact with our world in some way. In some ways, they seem changed, if only temporarily. Maybe the Zone of Darkness was not as dangerous as thought. Maybe the Zivon was just a legend. Then the Zivon ate that Disturbed Matoran fellow. The Zivon was real, the Zone of Darkness was dangerous, and what's worse is that the Dark Hunters have been contracted to wipe the village out - they're not supposed to know about the Zone of Darkness interfering with their own world. But killing them won't make it stop interfering, and they're terrified of it! They're not the ones interested in it, though there are surely those interested in the Zone of Darkness hiding among them. At least they've got Brutaka and that other person - it's hard to see how these Matoran would survive otherwise. The Zivon has already eaten four people, and another five just disappeared...

IN THE ZONE OF DARKNESS:

• jed1ndy
  • xccj
  • Burnmad
  • Ghidora
  • Nato

Roles have been sent out. If you did not get a PM, you are a Matoran. Don't say 'I didn't get a PM am I a villager lol'. Roles, you have 24 hours to PM your actions.

[Roles removed: Three Matoran + Disturbed Villager]

Edited by Trijhak
  • Upvote 7

Well, this should be fun...

NIGHT 1

"I love the Zivon", thought the individual as they were climbing into the house of Ehks, with a bag slung over their shoulder, which just so happened to contain Voxumo. Earlier, they'd climbed into Voxumo's hut while they were sleeping and stuffed them into the aforementioned bag, much to Voxumo's surprise, disappointment, and loss of dignity. Now, they were going to do the same to Ehks, shoving them inside another bag. This particular individual had decided that the Zivon needed more food, that the Zivon should be revered, perhaps as a god. They'd decided that Ehks and Voxumo would make good potential meals for the Zivon - Voxumo was rich in cynicism, and everyone needs a healthy dose of cynicism in their diet. But they couldn't send both the Zivon at once - which was very disappointing. They considered sending a letter to the Powers That Be, but decided against it - drawing attention to yourself when you're trying to sacrifice people to giant hostile things from other dimensions never goes well. Or sacrificing people to giant hostile things from other dimensions, as this individual would soon find out. In the end, this individual decided to send Ehks into the Zone of Darkness, while they decided to listen to the bag Voxumo was contained in. "Don't worry, you'll be sacrificed to the Zivon eventually. You won't be left out."

"Hello there. You look awfully tall for a Matoran." The Toa of Shadow froze. There was a Dark Hunter behind them, and not the nice kind that pretended to be neutral while aiding the Order of Mata Nui and occasionally killing their subordinates, if that's your definition of nice. 

"Well, I'm not a Matoran, Hunter. I'm the Toa of Shadow, the Protector of the Zivon, the Zivon's Advocate. I feed it people. Do you want to be fed to the Zivon?"

"Most likely not. Do you want to be killed by us? You know about the Zivon, you know about the Zone of Darkness..."

"You have no idea about anything more than the Zivon, yourselves, and these villages of its food, do you?"

"There is nothing more than the Zivon, villages, ourselves, and a very annoying Toa. We did our research. We're professional hunters. If you dare to insinuate that we don't know anything..."

BladeToa of Shadow, killed by Dark Hunters.

(Secret Role: Toa of Shadow: The Toa of Shadow chooses two people each night, one of whom will be thrown into the one of Darkness, and learning the role of the other. If they end up in the Zone of Darkness, they can take any two actions of their choosing.)

In the Zone of Darkness...

Five individuals stood, dispersed throughout the Zone of Darkness. jedndy, xccj, Burnmad, Ghidora, and Nato. The Dark Hunters could not touch them. But instead, the Zivon could consume them. Only Brutaka could save them. In the Zone of Darkness, they could not see. There was no light. In the Zone of Darkness, they could not hear. There was no sound. In the Zone of Darkness, they could not touch. Everything felt the same. Then, a portal opened, one none of these individuals could reach, see, or hear - and through it came a bag. A bag that contained Ehks. Burnmad also saw a portal - but a different one, and through it came the arm of Brutaka, who saved him from the Zone of Darkness... just as the Zivon came near.

:c: :m_o: :n: :s: :u: :m: :e:   :n: :a: :t: :m_o:

Unlike the others, it could see. It could hear. It could smell. It smelled Nato, who, at that moment, yelled "Well, this should be fun." The Zivon heard this. It had heard these words before. To the Zivon, it seemed to translate into 'Eat Me, Zivon". So, it did consume Nato. And Nato was no more. The Zivon felt satisfied, and left the others in the Zone of Darkness alone.

NatoMatoran, Consumed by Zivon.

Below the villages of the Northern Continent, monitoring all, was another individual. They knew everything that had happened. The Zivon's sole advocate - the Toa of Shadow - was dead. Earlier than they'd anticipated, but without someone to assist it, perhaps the Zivon could be killed sooner than they'd hoped. Maybe it was time to accelerate their plans  - the Zone of Darkness was being squandered by a beast that did not know its full potential. If it could be used with its full potential... then there was only one individual who could help the village stand against it. 

IN THE ZONE OF DARKNESS:

jed1ndy

xccj

Ehksidian

Ghidora

Suspect List for Blade's Murderer:

FF

Ehksidian

Unit

ToaTimeLord

Rahkshi Guurahk

You have 24 hours to vote for Blade's Murderer and the Zivon.

• Upvote 3

Well, RIP me.