BIONICLE MAFIA XXXII: Zone of Darkness

Trijhak

Well... if no one else is gonna do it, I will. I propose Valendale is the Makuta. Why? I have no real reason why.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

DAY 2: HOPE EXTINGUISHED

"Who is knocking on my door at noon?" thought the individual as they stood as their door fell to reveal a mob of angry Matoran and pretending-to-be-Matoran. This individual was not surprised, as angry mobs usually knock doors down.

"YOU ARE A DARK HUNTER!! You will come with us, and you will be executed."

"Okay, but there's been a big misunderstanding."

"You're going to meet a friend of yours, and we use that term very seriously around here."

This individual - Luroka - met the other individual, the 'friend' the mob referred to, Valendale. They walked for five minutes, then were restrained, and carried for another five, until they had reached a pristine, recently constructed building. The mob forced the two to go inside, and took them to a room with many coffins, six filled, many more empty. 

"Get in the coffins."

"There's been a misunderstanding!" yelled Luroka.

"And I'm not Makuta." added Valendale.

"Oh yeah? Well then, Luroka, explain how you're three times as tall as everyone else and have been witnessed pulling people in and out of the Zone of Darkness? Explain, Valendale, why you are so cold and icy?"

"I'm Brutaka!" Luroka screamed.

"I'm Valendale, I like ice."

"Boo!" "Likely story!" "We are all doomed!" "Yay for being doomed!"

Auktam ArolukBrutaka, lynched.

ValendaleMatoran, lynched

"Oh, they were telling the truth.", "The truth isn't the true truth anyway, you can't trust the truth.", "He was clearly 8ru74k4, not Brutaka.", "If he truly cared about the village, why is he dead? Explain that.","Everyone that could save us is dead."

IN THE ZONE OF DARKNESS:

xccj

FF

Dragon.star

Jag18

Young Wade

Roles, you have 24 hours to PM me your actions.

• Upvote 4

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

I'm waiting on the Dark Hunters' kill. Thus, extending the round for an unknown duration until the following conditions are met:

Scene will go up when I receive their target. Might be later, might be tomorrow, might be thursday.

• Upvote 2

NIGHT 3: THE MAKUTA & (THE) MANDUCUS

"We'll kill Manducus." the Shadowed One declared. 

"He's clearly Makuta since his name starts with 'Ma' and so does Makuta."

"How shall we kill?"

"By making it so that he is no longer alive."

"That's a given."

"I know."

"I should really get going and kill Manducus, then."

"Okay. Good luck. Remember, we got lots of widgets if we kill everyone. Enough to crush a Makuta, so don't accidentally fall off a cliff."

"There are no cliffs around here."

"What's the big tall thing we're currently inside of, then?"

"A building."

"There are no buildings here. It's a cliff with a cave inside. A cave that is our lair."

"Then why does it have windows into the darkness?"

"...What are you talking about?"

"...The Zone of Darkness. It just engulfed..."

"Not the first time it's happened. They'll come back. They always do."

---

xccj, FF, Dragon.star, jag18 and Young Wade fell into the Zone of Darkness. Imagine that you felt cold, yet when you touched yourself you did not feel cold at all. Imagine that you could see for miles, yet you could not see what was right in front of you. Imagine that you would have once been the prey of the Zivon, mostly unable to escape. Imagine that the Zivon had not been killed. It would be a much nicer place. A bit more welcoming, although not by much. 

This is a much less safe place to be. Imagine that, out of every five people that comes into the Zone of Darkness, one of them never returns. That is what it was like under the Zivon. Now, imagine that all five come back. Except one of those five is changed. Permanently. They no longer serve their own will. They serve the will of the Makuta. The Zone of Darkness is both a place to hunt for prey, and a recruiting ground. 

The Makuta is doing both today. Killing, and Recruiting. 

xccj stumbled through the darkness. They could not see where they were going, where the ground was, or if there even was ground to walk upon. They decided that something had to be done about the Zone of Darkness. It was abducting people, killing them. But that's hard to prevent from one world, so xccj decided to try and stop the Zone of Darkness from inside it.

"Zone of Darkness, why do you interfere with our world? Why did the Zivon hunt us? Were we intruders? Playthings? Who created this realm? Did the Zivon create it, or did the realm create the Zivon? Who created the Zivon to torment us? Why is our world polite enough not to interfere with yours? Who is behind this all?"

"I AM." xccj heard a voice, not with ears, but in their mind. Nobody else within the Zone of Darkness could hear this deep, terrifying voice.

"Who are you?"

"I AM THE MAKUTA."

"Why do you preside over the realm of the Zivon?"

"YOU MEAN MY ZIVON, MY REALM, MY OPUS. THIS REALM I CREATED, FOR THE ZIVON THAT I TOO CREATED."

"If you're the Makuta, are you THE Makuta? The Makuta of Legend?"

"NO. I AM A FRAIL TURAGA WHO CAN BARELY WALK WITH A MASK OF VOICE AMPLIFICATION."

"Yet, if you're the Makuta, you hide around here. In the safety of shadow, surrounded by nothing much that can hurt  you, beyond the lucky Dark Hunter. The Toa of Light may be dead, but we can still fight back."

"HOW CAN ONE MATORAN DEFEAT A MAKUTA? I AM A BEING OF SHADOW IN THE ZONE OF DARKNESS, A REALM OF SHADOW... THE SAME REALM I CREATED. DO NOT UTTER THE WRONG WORDS, THE WORDS OF A FOOLISHLY OPTIMISTIC MATORAN WHO NEVER EVEN BECAME A TOA."

"You may be in your element, and while I may be a Matoran, I am not without hope I am not defeated yet. I am still standing, talking to a Makuta too hesitant to kill a supposedly harmless Matoran."

"THE WORDS OF THE MAKUTA ARE WASTED ON YOU. I DID NOT JUST CREATE THIS REALM. I AM THIS REALM."

"If that was true, we'd all be dead, or worse."

"XCCJ: FALL OVER."

xccj fell over.

"XCCJ: HIT YOURSELF."

xccj hit themselves.

"XCCJ: RUN INTO THE MAKUTA."

xccj ran into the Makuta. A hand of shadow engulfed and absorbed them into the Makuta.

"NOW..."

The Makuta turned his attention to an individual in the Zone of Darkness exiting their body and wrapping their gaseous antidermis around this individual.

:m_o: :b: :e: :y:

The individual nodded.

:a: :c: :m_o: :l: :y: :t: :e: ,   :r: :i: :s: :e:

xccjMatoran, killed by Makuta

Something Happened to Somebody

---

The Dark Hunter talked to Manducus. Manducus was taken aback that the Dark Hunter had plunged a knife into his chest, and demanded that the Dark Hunter give compensation. 

The Dark Hunter asked; "In what form?"

"A form easy to carry, preferably. I'll forgive you as soon as I get the compensation."

"How about zamor spheres? They go straight into your body!"

"What? NARGH!" yelled Manducus, still not dead.

"Sorry, that was an accident. I thought they were... Zamowidgets from... Zamo-Nui. It's a small island far the south, and it's inhabited by... things that are alive!"

"Tell me more about Zamo-Nui. Distract me from the zamor-spheres in my chest."

"Well, in Zamo-Nui they don't just wear masks, they eat them for their powers. Down there, you could get a Matoran of Night Vision that glow in the dark. I wonder, what would happen if you ate your Mask of Poisoning People?"

"That's an excellent idea! I always wanted to be more than a boring Matoran of... whatever element I'm a Matoran of."  Manducus ate his mask.

"You look slightly greener, but not quite what I expected..."

"I know, I feel wonderful!"

"Hmmm... I have an idea: let's go that big building over there!"

"That's a cliff!"

"No, it's a building. Can't you see the windows?"

"No, because we're at the bottom of the cliff and cliffs don't have windows."

"There's an entrance on that path over there! It's literally right there."

"That's an incredibly precarious path that a careless person could easily fall off of, and that entrance is a cave."

"You know, I should probably just feed you to that Gukko bird."

"Gukko birds don't eat people."

"This one does. Look, I just fed it your hands, and I intended for it to eat you whole, but it flew off, so do me a favour and follow me to that building entrance up there, okay?"

"Sure, why not. I don't have hands any more, I'm sure you didn't mean it."

Five Minutes Later

"Hey, The Shadowed One, I brought our target to us - Manducus is here, in the flesh!"

"Manducus is not with you."

"...Oh, he fell off the cliff."

"Why did I even let you join the Dark Hunters?"

ManducusMatoran, killed by Dark Hunters

IN THE ZONE OF DARKNESS:

xccj

FF

Dragon.star

Jag18

Young Wade

SUSPECT LIST FOR THE MURDER OF MANDUCUS:

FF

ToaD

jed1ndy

Young Wade

Burnmad

You have 24 hours to vote for the culprit behind the murder of Manducus, and also to vote for who you think the Makuta is.

Edited by Trijhak
  • Upvote 3

*Shrugs*

You know what, fine lets vote FF for the killing of Manducus based on Timelord's logic, and... burnmad for the identity of Makuta... He seems like the type who would have fun on an ego trip.

• Upvote 2

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

DAY 3: SILENCE

Very few people came to vote.

The only votes were cast for FF and Burnmad. Thus, they would die.

Unfortunately, both were Matoran.

FF and Burnmad spat on their lynchers, explaining how the village was doomed and that they had very likely just eliminated all possible chance of the village surviving unharmed and intact.

FFMatoran, lynched.

BurnmadMatoran, lynched.

---

Ten individuals left. Five Dark Hunters, one Makuta, and four Matoran. But it's not that simple. The Makuta has their own minions, of which there are currently two. By the end of tomorrow, unless one is killed or the Makuta dies, there will be three. And with the deaths likely to follow, the Makuta is getting dangerously close to dominating the universes. But the Dark Hunters can see the end in sight.

The Zone of Darkness has been bolstered, strengthened. Now, all are permanently in the Zone of Darkness. It is beginning to swallow the Matoran Universe. The Makuta has made it more powerful, expand faster.

DARK HUNTERS CAN TARGET ANYONE.

MAKUTA CAN TARGET ANYONE.

IN THE ZONE OF DARKNESS: ALL SURVIVING PLAYERS.

The Zone of Darkness will no longer protect you from harm. But it will give you the benefits for the rest of the game.

Can Four Matoran stop the Makuta and the Dark Hunters?

Can the Dark Hunters kill the Makuta and wipe out the Matoran?

Can Makuta corrupt all others to serve their will, as they have already done to two individuals?

DARK HUNTERS, MAKUTA, PM ME YOUR ACTIONS. YOU HAVE 24 HOURS. 

Edited by Trijhak
  • Upvote 2

'The darkest night is just before the dawn.'

But if the Matoran don't get it together, there will be no dawn. Just everything consumed by the Zone of Darkness and ruled by Makuta or Dark Hunters. 

Let's see if the Matoran can pull out a win here.

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

NIGHT 4: DUSK

The Dark Hunters gathered in the Zone of Darkness. Five of them. Five others left. Total extermination of the village was in sight. With the Zone of Darkness now consuming the Matoran Universe, they could resolve to kill two individuals. 

"I propose that we kill Jag18 and Jed1ndy. Then there shall be eight left. Five of us, and three others. When that's done, we're done."

"Ancient, go find out who the Makuta is."

"Heh..."

"What's so funny?"

"...Nothing in particular. We're nearly at the end of this."

---

The Makuta walked with their acolytes. Like the Dark Hunters, their plan was almost reaching its culmination. One more conversion, one more death and the Makuta would have their will dominating the majority of surviving individuals. Instead of five individuals to choose from, the Makuta could now choose any. One of the Makuta's Acolytes turned, and bowed.

"Great and Powerful Makuta. What happens if we are successful?"

"DARKNESS WILL CONSUME ALL. POWER UNIMAGINABLE. ETERNAL LIFE. MANY OTHER THINGS. ALL DESIRABLE."

"Who will bow down to us today, Lord?"

"SOMEONE OF GREAT IMPORTANCE."

Ancient appeared.

"You're the Makuta? It's you? I am not surprised. Why didn't we see this earlier?"

Ancient disappeared, before the Makuta could absorb them.

"NOT THE FIRST TIME THAT'S HAPPENED. BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER."

---

Jag18 and Jed1ndy were cowering next to what felt like a pillar. The Village was rapidly shrinking at this point, and they made up half the Matoran population. They were attempting to hide from the Dark Hunters, and the Makuta. Not particularly well, as the pillar they were cowering next to was actually the leg of a Dark Hunter.

"At this point, you can't hide. You can't survive. You cannot triumph. How does that make you feel, Matoran? You destroyed yourselves. You lynched your Toa, and you lynched your sole helper, Brutaka, alongside many other Matoran. The only thing of note that you even did was lynch the Zivon. We all know that just made things worse. How do you feel, knowing that you're solely responsible for your own destruction? How does it feel that you make us, the Dark Hunters, proud? How is it to mercilessly lynch the only individuals that could have helped you? What is it like to know that, through your own actions, you can no longer triumph? I bet it's terrifying. I'll be doing you and your pathetic village a favour."

Jed1ndyMatoran, killed by Dark Hunters.

Jag18Matoran, killed by Dark Hunters.

---

:a: :w: :a: :k: :e: :n:, :a: :c:  :m_o: :l: :y: :t: :e:.

Shadow surrounded every individual, and as on the previous two nights, Something Happened to Somebody. 

As had happened with two others, they now served the will of the Makuta. 

Five Dark Hunters. One Matoran. One Makuta. And three individuals served the Makuta. 

You have 24 hours to vote, for anyone. You may only vote one person. The outcome of this vote determines whether the Makuta or the Dark Hunters win the game. 

Edited by Trijhak
  • Upvote 3

Ancient appeared.

"You're the Makuta? It's you? I am not surprised. Why didn't we see this earlier?"

Ancient disappeared, before the Makuta could absorb them.

"NOT THE FIRST TIME THAT'S HAPPENED. BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER."

Can I just say that this is actually slightly funny that that's not even the first time that someone reacted that way to the identity of Makuta? =P

Also, it's Game Over for someone.

I want more of Makuta using a text parser.

(FYI if someone reading this doesn't know- a text parser would be the XCCJ: fall over. etc)

• Upvote 1

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

How is there a chance? 2+1 equals 3, which is not higher than four, unless some role somehow gets doubles votes?

*Gasps* I forgot about that one....

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu